Switch Theme:

Silver Templar’s - is it enough already  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Jidmah wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
We DID get a WD 'dex on Goffs fairly recently (about 2 months back IIRC. and last months issue was pretty 40k lite IIRC).

Except that unlike other WD codices, those goff rules were open play only and lacked points, essentially banning them for play for almost all applications unless you face an opponent who would also have allowed you to field self-written rules. I haven't even bothered to buy the issue.


Actually Jidmah, Space Wolves and Dark Angels when they got a Index Astartes article also didn't get any rules save some open play narrative stratigiums. Goffs like DA and SWs are eistablished factions with their rules in a codex. Hence their lack of rules beyond some narrative stuff.

Regarding Orks specificly, Orks basicly are limited in that they have only a handful of klans and basicly there aren't anymore, GW made a mistake in making the chapter tactic equivilant klans In my opinion as there's no realy room, without a retcon to add more (the sub cultures thing was GW attempting to sort of do so) If I was in charge of doing a orks 9th edition codex I'd push to remove Klan rules, and insteadreplace them with "Waagh rules" making the defacto Ork subfactions "waaghs" rather then klans.

just makes more sense to me

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/05 21:09:25


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Platuan4th wrote:
Karol wrote:
I wonder what their warlord traits and relics do. In general a smart thing to do. A primaris chapter geting highlights is a cool thing. Hope WD are going to have more things like that.


Ask people that already own the supplement from Conquest. I doubt they're going to be much different other than updating them for 9th rules conventions. This is just a way to update that without printing an entire new version of an exclusive booklet.


I mean, I reckon the marine oversaturation (and tendency to paint them a shade too heroic-and-not-in-the-Ancient-Greek-sense) is tiresome, but making the Conquest background and rules stuff easier to access can only be a good thing IMO.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





mrFickle wrote:
The new white dwarf will have an index for another space marine chapter. It’s getting a bit boring now isn’t it? They could have used that space to add a bit more characters to the game, a new eldar faction, some new ork rules, new renegades and heretics index. I dunno anything other than more space marines





But why bother making an actual investment when Copy and paste yields more money...
what do you mean there are only SM players left .


Ok jokes aside, i fully expect GW at some point when sm just don't pull anymore and all other factions sales have broken away, will innovate some of these factions back in/ expand upon, but until then, gw is using C&P to max profits for little investment.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




Not Online!!! wrote:
mrFickle wrote:
The new white dwarf will have an index for another space marine chapter. It’s getting a bit boring now isn’t it? They could have used that space to add a bit more characters to the game, a new eldar faction, some new ork rules, new renegades and heretics index. I dunno anything other than more space marines





But why bother making an actual investment when Copy and paste yields more money...
what do you mean there are only SM players left .


Ok jokes aside, i fully expect GW at some point when sm just don't pull anymore and all other factions sales have broken away, will innovate some of these factions back in/ expand upon, but until then, gw is using C&P to max profits for little investment.


It's just a white dwarf with a republish/update of hard to find rules, hardly milking the cash cow.
   
Made in gb
Instigating Incubi




The dark behind the eyes.

Dudeface wrote:
It's just a white dwarf with a republish/update of hard to find rules, hardly milking the cash cow.


In most past editions, I doubt anyone would have batted an eye.

However, we spent almost the entirety of 8th watching a deluge of new marine models and new marine supplements. Even when other factions were given a tiny crumb, it was generally drowned out with more marine stuff.

Even in terms of the factions that did get more attention, just look at the 2.0 Chaos codex compared to the 2.0 Marine one, which was released just a month or so later and completely eclipsed the Chaos one.

And then we had Psychic Awakening, which came across as nothing more than yet more Marine supplements, thinly disguised as a campaign.

And bear in mind that this was being done even while other factions had been removed entirely. Corsairs no longer existed as a faction, but who cares when we can have even more Muhreens!

But that was all in 8th edition, right? Surely, after years of Marine-centred releases, 9th will finally start helping those factions that have been left to rot for years?

Well, the trailer of the new Necron models was 'Oh, yeah, there are some new Necrons but don't worry they're only a threat to guardsmen - Marines will just effortlessly blow them away.'

Wow, I'm really hyped now. Boy, they really showcased the threat Necrons pose to legless toddlers.

And after that, naturally the obvious way to start a new edition is to buff Marines and all their weapons (just in case anyone thought Necrons might pose even a minor threat to them). But in spite of the fact that many such weapons are also used by other factions, those other factions will have to wait months or even years for their own codices in order to use the updated profiles. And the non-Imperial factions are basically left with zero expectation of getting anything.

Do you maybe see why some of us are just completely fed up seeing more Marine stuff at this point?

Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.
 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"



 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 vipoid wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
It's just a white dwarf with a republish/update of hard to find rules, hardly milking the cash cow.


In most past editions, I doubt anyone would have batted an eye.

However, we spent almost the entirety of 8th watching a deluge of new marine models and new marine supplements. Even when other factions were given a tiny crumb, it was generally drowned out with more marine stuff.

Even in terms of the factions that did get more attention, just look at the 2.0 Chaos codex compared to the 2.0 Marine one, which was released just a month or so later and completely eclipsed the Chaos one.

And then we had Psychic Awakening, which came across as nothing more than yet more Marine supplements, thinly disguised as a campaign.

And bear in mind that this was being done even while other factions had been removed entirely. Corsairs no longer existed as a faction, but who cares when we can have even more Muhreens!

But that was all in 8th edition, right? Surely, after years of Marine-centred releases, 9th will finally start helping those factions that have been left to rot for years?

Well, the trailer of the new Necron models was 'Oh, yeah, there are some new Necrons but don't worry they're only a threat to guardsmen - Marines will just effortlessly blow them away.'

Wow, I'm really hyped now. Boy, they really showcased the threat Necrons pose to legless toddlers.

And after that, naturally the obvious way to start a new edition is to buff Marines and all their weapons (just in case anyone thought Necrons might pose even a minor threat to them). But in spite of the fact that many such weapons are also used by other factions, those other factions will have to wait months or even years for their own codices in order to use the updated profiles. And the non-Imperial factions are basically left with zero expectation of getting anything.

Do you maybe see why some of us are just completely fed up seeing more Marine stuff at this point?


Frankly, no. It's barely any different to how it's always historically been. It was obvious psychic awakening was used to start integrating the chapters back into codex space marines a little and is actually a great piece of evidence why the new codex is actually a step in the right direction.

Space marines in 8th had 2 waves of models in 3 years. Oh the injustice, how can anyone possibly play the game when a faction they don't care about gets releases they don't need to buy.

Nitpicking but chaos 2.0 and marines codex are actually 2 separate concepts, the marines one is a total rewrite, the chaos was simply a gathering of additional rules reprinted together.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




But didn't chaos get multiple waves of models too? They got all the new GD, new basic level characters and then new havocks, and all the stuff in blackstone fortress. Comparing to lets say orcs or necron they got a huge model update in 8th ed.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




Karol wrote:
But didn't chaos get multiple waves of models too? They got all the new GD, new basic level characters and then new havocks, and all the stuff in blackstone fortress. Comparing to lets say orcs or necron they got a huge model update in 8th ed.


Chaos daemons got 2 waves, chaos marines got 1, chaos knights got a kit but then they didn't really exist fully before. Death guard are a new range from scratch.

Of course that doesn't matter because primaris marines were the faction with the most kits so everyone has to whine.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Dudeface wrote:
Karol wrote:
But didn't chaos get multiple waves of models too? They got all the new GD, new basic level characters and then new havocks, and all the stuff in blackstone fortress. Comparing to lets say orcs or necron they got a huge model update in 8th ed.


Chaos daemons got 2 waves, chaos marines got 1, chaos knights got a kit but then they didn't really exist fully before. Death guard are a new range from scratch.

Of course that doesn't matter because primaris marines were the faction with the most kits so everyone has to whine.


i believe someone has made the maths, the whole of chaos, has about (and mind you we had a complete revamp of basic dudes for CSM, not to mention the 2 daemon waves) not even close to marines. A whole "superfaction" compared to 1 codex.
And that is without even going into Xenos. And you expect people to be happy?

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




Not Online!!! wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Karol wrote:
But didn't chaos get multiple waves of models too? They got all the new GD, new basic level characters and then new havocks, and all the stuff in blackstone fortress. Comparing to lets say orcs or necron they got a huge model update in 8th ed.


Chaos daemons got 2 waves, chaos marines got 1, chaos knights got a kit but then they didn't really exist fully before. Death guard are a new range from scratch.

Of course that doesn't matter because primaris marines were the faction with the most kits so everyone has to whine.


i believe someone has made the maths, the whole of chaos, has about (and mind you we had a complete revamp of basic dudes for CSM, not to mention the 2 daemon waves) not even close to marines. A whole "superfaction" compared to 1 codex.
And that is without even going into Xenos. And you expect people to be happy?


I expect people to not care, I expect most people don't want to be endlessly forking out for £32.50 boxes of 5-10 models because they got a new kit every week, but ofc if they're not "competitively viable" they might as well not bother as proven in this thread.

I don't like apple products, I'm fed up of them being released constantly, I'm fed up of people hyping them much like people are with marines. I deal with this by ignoring them, not buying them and not trawling tech forums to complain.

Same apllies here, it sucks not all armies got equal amounts of releases, but at the end of the day that means someone saved money. If someone desperately MUST have new aspect warriors or w/e and is in dire need of shelling hundreds of whatever currency to do it, then I don't think the marines are the problem.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Ambitious Archon





Port Carmine

Dudeface wrote:

I don't like apple products, I'm fed up of them being released constantly, I'm fed up of people hyping them much like people are with marines. I deal with this by ignoring them, not buying them and not trawling tech forums to complain.


That is a false analogy. This would be akin to buying an Apple product, but the company not bothering to release any apps for your particular version.

Dudeface wrote:

Same apllies here, it sucks not all armies got equal amounts of releases, but at the end of the day that means someone saved money. If someone desperately MUST have new aspect warriors or w/e and is in dire need of shelling hundreds of whatever currency to do it, then I don't think the marines are the problem.


Lolwut? We want new shiny things for our factions because we enjoy this hobby. We could save even more by not fething playing at all, but that's not the point.

Kabal of the Mon-keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues

"Death is only a concern if you're both weak enough to be killed and dumb enough not to arrange your own resurrection." PM713
 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 harlokin wrote:
Dudeface wrote:

I don't like apple products, I'm fed up of them being released constantly, I'm fed up of people hyping them much like people are with marines. I deal with this by ignoring them, not buying them and not trawling tech forums to complain.


That is a false analogy. This would be akin to buying an Apple product, but the company not bothering to release any apps for your particular version.

Dudeface wrote:

Same apllies here, it sucks not all armies got equal amounts of releases, but at the end of the day that means someone saved money. If someone desperately MUST have new aspect warriors or w/e and is in dire need of shelling hundreds of whatever currency to do it, then I don't think the marines are the problem.


Lolwut? We want new shiny things for our factions because we enjoy this hobby. We could save even more by not fething playing at all, but that's not the point.


People do want shiny new things for their faction because they care, I agree, but how many new things? How often? How many boxes of banshees do you think they've shifted as a good example because I'd hazard it isnt many.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Ambitious Archon





Port Carmine

For me, over the next couple of years I'd like a couple of new Drukhari characters, a couple of new units, and the finecast stuff redone in plastic. It feels like an unreasonable expectation at this point.

Kabal of the Mon-keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues

"Death is only a concern if you're both weak enough to be killed and dumb enough not to arrange your own resurrection." PM713
 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 harlokin wrote:
For me, over the next couple of years I'd like a couple of new Drukhari characters, a couple of new units, and the finecast stuff redone in plastic. It feels like an unreasonable expectation at this point.


I'd say that's a reasonable expectation, if dark eldar get a wave of releases that lines up with about what should be in it. It's about time they got one and did away with finecast.

I'd also argue its better those are done in 1 release rather than trickled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/06 14:37:11


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I dunno why people are surprised. If someone does the same thing over and over and over again, you should probably assume they'll just keep doing it, not that the fact they've done it 10 times in a row means that THIS TIME they'll definitely do something else instead.

Don't get me wrong, GW will release non-Space Marine stuff someday. But it's never going to be more than an afterthought, or the other half of a release box, or something along those lines. For the last several years GW has released more SM kits than kits for every other faction combined, and there's no reason to think that's going to change much, because more people play SM than every other faction combined.

Space Marines are the main faction and if you're not playing them you're scrounging for leftovers. It's just the way it is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/06 18:58:47


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




 harlokin wrote:

Lolwut? We want new shiny things for our factions because we enjoy this hobby. We could save even more by not fething playing at all, but that's not the point.


yet when new banshees or incubi come out, they have no where near the sells a new marine kit has. Even if neither unit is a power house.

GW would have to be stupid to not focus on marines more.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in at
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Dudeface wrote:
Karol wrote:
But didn't chaos get multiple waves of models too? They got all the new GD, new basic level characters and then new havocks, and all the stuff in blackstone fortress. Comparing to lets say orcs or necron they got a huge model update in 8th ed.


Chaos daemons got 2 waves, chaos marines got 1, chaos knights got a kit but then they didn't really exist fully before. Death guard are a new range from scratch.

Of course that doesn't matter because primaris marines were the faction with the most kits so everyone has to whine.

Are people really still using the 'b-b-but Chaos is one army' excuse?

If we're counting all the Chaos stuff as one army release, we should be throwing Imperial Knights, Custodes, Sisters and Admech's new stuff in with Marines too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/06 20:00:11


 
   
Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut





Xenos players are always asking for new releases but when they get them it seems noone is buying them. PA got new banshees and people are saying they wouldn't buy them because they are ugly and expensive. Same happened with incubi. "I prefer the old ones" was a REALLY common expression on these boards. But then there is a LOT of complaints about not getting new stuff
   
Made in at
Rough Rider with Boomstick





 Kithail wrote:
Xenos players are always asking for new releases but when they get them it seems noone is buying them. PA got new banshees and people are saying they wouldn't buy them because they are ugly and expensive. Same happened with incubi. "I prefer the old ones" was a REALLY common expression on these boards. But then there is a LOT of complaints about not getting new stuff

No, most of the complaints were that Blood of the Phoenix was a crappy deal, because the savings on the box didn't make up for receiving so many ancient/redundant kits in it. I saw almost zero complaints about the actual new kits - the Incubi kit is almost identical in sculpt to the previous version - only that people would wait for the standalones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/06 20:07:50


 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





Good to see the tinnies are out in force in this thread.
From lumping every-not-marine-faction as one faction, to psychic awakening was good for everyone because it existed to unify marine chapters. This head in the sand, I got yours so go eat gak logic is hilarious, especially this guy who cried wolf for years lmao.

Karol wrote:
 harlokin wrote:

Lolwut? We want new shiny things for our factions because we enjoy this hobby. We could save even more by not fething playing at all, but that's not the point.


yet when new banshees or incubi come out, they have no where near the sells a new marine kit has. Even if neither unit is a power house.

GW would have to be stupid to not focus on marines more.


Grey Knights don't sell, they should've been left in the dust?

Let me reiterate several points. Chaos is not xenos, xenos is not a faction. Most players that play a xenos faction have only seen one or none new sculpts over the last 4 years (some even longer!).



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Kithail wrote:
Xenos players are always asking for new releases but when they get them it seems noone is buying them. PA got new banshees and people are saying they wouldn't buy them because they are ugly and expensive. Same happened with incubi. "I prefer the old ones" was a REALLY common expression on these boards. But then there is a LOT of complaints about not getting new stuff


Totally false, unless there's a section of this forum that I'm unaware of. The common sentiment was the box is gak, and used to push old, overpriced plastic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/06 20:08:59


 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 Eonfuzz wrote:
Good to see the tinnies are out in force in this thread.
From lumping every-not-marine-faction as one faction, to psychic awakening was good for everyone because it existed to unify marine chapters. This head in the sand, I got yours so go eat gak logic is hilarious, especially this guy who cried wolf for years lmao.

Karol wrote:
 harlokin wrote:

Lolwut? We want new shiny things for our factions because we enjoy this hobby. We could save even more by not fething playing at all, but that's not the point.


yet when new banshees or incubi come out, they have no where near the sells a new marine kit has. Even if neither unit is a power house.

GW would have to be stupid to not focus on marines more.


Grey Knights don't sell, they should've been left in the dust?

Let me reiterate several points. Chaos is not xenos, xenos is not a faction. Most players that play a xenos faction have only seen one or none new sculpts over the last 4 years (some even longer!).



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Kithail wrote:
Xenos players are always asking for new releases but when they get them it seems noone is buying them. PA got new banshees and people are saying they wouldn't buy them because they are ugly and expensive. Same happened with incubi. "I prefer the old ones" was a REALLY common expression on these boards. But then there is a LOT of complaints about not getting new stuff


Totally false, unless there's a section of this forum that I'm unaware of. The common sentiment was the box is gak, and used to push old, overpriced plastic.


Chaos is not xenos, chaos is not a faction. Not sure what your point is with that one?
   
Made in gb
Instigating Incubi




The dark behind the eyes.

 Kithail wrote:
Xenos players are always asking for new releases but when they get them it seems noone is buying them. PA got new banshees and people are saying they wouldn't buy them because they are ugly and expensive. Same happened with incubi. "I prefer the old ones" was a REALLY common expression on these boards. But then there is a LOT of complaints about not getting new stuff


You do realise that many xeno players have asked for specific releases, right?

As opposed to 'please, GW, we'll buy any garbage you throw us, regardless of necessity or quality.'


Let me give you an example - Dark Eldar players have indeed been asking for new releases for years. Would you like me to give you a brief summary of the requests made by myself and others?
- Mobility options for HQs (Skyboard, Jetbike and/or wings)
- Wargear options for HQs (really shouldn't need new models, but unfortunately GW still has its head up its arse over things like this)
- New HQs (or old ones brought back) - e.g. Mandrake HQ, Scourge HQ, Dracon, Lesser Haemonculus (or Haemonculus Ancient, depending what you class the current one as)
- Return of special characters, most notably Vect
- Plastic Grotesques
Bear in mind also that DE have lost something like 12 HQ options and 3 Elite choices over the years, but the only things they've had in the last decade have been remakes of existing models.

Anyway, whilst Drazhar's model was ancient, I think it's fair to say that very few DE players would have considered a new one to be a priority over any of the above. Same goes for Incubi. So we're not exactly off to a good start.

However, GW then decided to package those models into a box-set that was filled with crap no one wanted. The fact that Drazhar or his Incubi would have to walk, because the only transport doesn't have enough spaces for both, should give you an idea of how little thought or effort went into it. And the fact that included Hellions is testament to the fact that they were just trying to clear their shelves.

And if you wanted more than 5 Incubi (or 5 Banshees for Eldar), then you had to buy the entire heap of overpriced crap again, including a pair of now-redundant special characters.

Also, let's not forget the additional insult wherein Phoenix Rising (the set Blood of the Phoenix was tied to) was just a middle-finger to DE and Ynnari players. The former were treated to custom subfaction rules . . . and absolutely nothing else. The latter were treated to a reprint of the WD rules with none of the massive flaws corrected. Not only that, but the 2 characters in the box set were both unusable in Ynnari (as in, you're literally not allowed to take them), and in spite of Banshees supposedly having a Ynnari version as well as a Craftworld version, this was not supported in any way in the actual rules.

Man, I can't imagine why Blood of the Phoenix sets weren't flying off the shelves.

Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.
 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"



 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Yeah, the "you didn't buy the complete junk GW shoveled at CWE and DE, now all Xenos don't get to complain when it's all Space Marines, all the time!" argument is spectacularly weak.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Considering for 10 banshees one also can buy a whole Starter box... I do indeed wonder why they don't sell, especially considering that the banshees were still decent looking even in Metal...

It's also funny considering how gw treated corsairs, or Tau which to this Day didn't get their kroot auxillia, much less any auxiliar updated since the plastic kroot i believe?
Ya know the whole greater good theme...

Nids have probably the best Lineup Model wise of all Xeno factions now if only the rules were writen with actual care...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/06 21:58:57


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gb
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest





Stevenage, UK

I'd argue that part of the reason GW's more recent Xenos offerings haven't been taken up is because they've been so meager.
This has a two-fold effect:

- older players are put off either from continuing to support the company, or from attempting to keep their Xenos army going, having switched to Marines in the meantime.
- newer players see an ancient range with one or two new units, think "nah that's not for me", and keep playing Marines anyway.

GW are themselves the reason that "nobody" is buying Banshees or Incubi! Necrons stand to do much better now that they have the starter box force and an entire new wave of models on the way. Just look at how Death Guard did. They went from being just another option in the Chaos Codex that translated to maybe a unit or two in a wider army, to having players field entire armies of them - and it's because they got proper backing. Eldar, Dark Eldar, Guard, etc could all benefit from that same kind of attention.

"Hard pressed on my right. My centre is yielding. Impossible to manoeuvre. Situation excellent. I am attacking." - General Ferdinand Foch  
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Just one thing, those are investments , unlike minimalistic CAD coppy Paste , and investments cost money.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in jp
Long-Range Black Templar Land Speeder Pilot





Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

Yeah, I was hyped for new Incubi, until I realized that for the price of 10, I could buy an entire Perfect Grade Gundam. GW throws one of the most neglected factions in the entire community a game, after about 5 years of nothing, and it's just monstrously overpriced.

Who even plays fething silver templars?

Ongoing P&M shennanigans!
Warband of the Pilgrim Saint - Marines and SoB, My first ever project! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/664123.page
Assorted Inquisition stuff! I get wierd with conversions sometimes! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/743187.page
The Carpathian Tin Ghosts - Skitarii Rangers who don't want redemption - only to kill xenos. https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/748211.page
Vaguely Coleridgian Eldar Friends https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/749595.page#9830499
Care for a snifter of mine-tonic, comrade? Genestealers await the coming of the Black Emperor https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/757105.page
The Moorendar 3rd and the Proselytes of the Drain Fly - Nurgle 40k https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/770536.page
Haven't bought from GW since December 2019 - resist price hikes and unfair pricing outside of the UK  
   
Made in gb
Instigating Incubi




The dark behind the eyes.

Not Online!!! wrote:

Nids have probably the best Lineup Model wise of all Xeno factions now if only the rules were writen with actual care...


I mean, I think rules could solve an awful lot of the current issues with Xenos.

For example, whilst models would obviously be the ideal, I'm sure most DE players would prefer to at least have rules for more HQ options and wargear, since that way they can at least convert their own versions in the meantime.

Hell, it seems like something that could even benefit GW - as they could give some love to xeno factions with minimal investment in new kits. And said xeno players would likely buy mostly GW kits to convert into the model-less HQs/special characters.

But no, because apparently GW HQ is built on a leaky gas main.

Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.
 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"



 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 posermcbogus wrote:
Yeah, I was hyped for new Incubi, until I realized that for the price of 10, I could buy an entire Perfect Grade Gundam. GW throws one of the most neglected factions in the entire community a game, after about 5 years of nothing, and it's just monstrously overpriced.

Who even plays fething silver templars?

I dunno , i saw more fw armies then them ...

But ya know those later ones weren't even valid for a bone throw either....

So i don't know.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 vipoid wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:

Nids have probably the best Lineup Model wise of all Xeno factions now if only the rules were writen with actual care...


I mean, I think rules could solve an awful lot of the current issues with Xenos.

For example, whilst models would obviously be the ideal, I'm sure most DE players would prefer to at least have rules for more HQ options and wargear, since that way they can at least convert their own versions in the meantime.

Hell, it seems like something that could even benefit GW - as they could give some love to xeno factions with minimal investment in new kits. And said xeno players would likely buy mostly GW kits to convert into the model-less HQs/special characters.

But no, because apparently GW HQ is built on a leaky gas main.

As a (former i guess since they got squatted) r&h player one can point to ia13 a propper rules Update and how many people suddendly were more then happy to Start an army...
And GOD knows how often i wondered if i should Make the plunge into nids only to recoil from codex flyrant....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/06 22:10:34


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

"GW locks items away in regions so not everybody can get it!"
--GW makes item available to everyone
"Who even plays these things?!"

Silver Templars were in Conquest. Conquest hasn't been available to all regions, nor was everyone buying it. If someone was interested in them, they can now buy this WD.

Move along to the next artificial slight for everyone to get upset about.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: