Switch Theme:

Are we all getting a hero  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Been Around the Block




Given he is effectively Guilliman's 2IC (& is the regent of the entire Imperium Nihilus), Dante should *definitely* get the Supreme Commander keyword.
   
Made in us
Missionary On A Mission





Hanford, CA, AKA The Eye of Terror

 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

17,000 points (Valhallan, Cadian, and Vostroyan)
15,000 points
4,000 points (Order of Our Martyred Lady)
Proud Countess of House Terryn hosting 4 Knights, 2 Dominus Knights, and 5 Armigers
Stormcast Eternals: 7,000 points
"Remember, Orks are weak and cowardly, they are easily beat in close combat and their tusks, while menacing, can easily be pulled out with a sharp tug"

-Imperial Guard Uplifting Primer 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





mrFickle wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Are you holding out for a hero, mrFickle?


Just someone who can do this presentation for me


I am.

But he's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be larger than life.

(That's right, when someone misses an 80's pop culture reference, you can always count on me to pick it up)
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Custodes could get Valdor back.

He was actually just about equal to a primarch in combat power. he just didnt have as much latent psychic potential or as good a memory as the actual primarchs. Might have been a small bit less durable too.

JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 generalchaos34 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

The fluff has always had a large number of non-Cadian units using Cadian gear.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Ghaz wrote:
 generalchaos34 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

The fluff has always had a large number of non-Cadian units using Cadian gear.

bUt I dOn'T LiKe CaDiAnS!!1!!

Macaroth's dead anyways. Been dead for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

The biggest and best thing we can hope for right now is that Guilliman gets a bee in his bonnet and reorganizes the Imperial Army to be a thing. Specialist Regiments like Catachans, Tallarn, etc could be represented better that way as actual dedicated unit types specializing in terrain/cover setups.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/13 23:16:06


 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Kanluwen wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 generalchaos34 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

The fluff has always had a large number of non-Cadian units using Cadian gear.

bUt I dOn'T LiKe CaDiAnS!!1!!

Macaroth's dead anyways. Been dead for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

The biggest and best thing we can hope for right now is that Guilliman gets a bee in his bonnet and reorganizes the Imperial Army to be a thing. Specialist Regiments like Catachans, Tallarn, etc could be represented better that way as actual dedicated unit types specializing in terrain/cover setups.


reorginizing the guard into the army would be impossiable, they'd have to be able to stand down long eneugh to impliment the changes

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





BrianDavion wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 generalchaos34 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

The fluff has always had a large number of non-Cadian units using Cadian gear.

bUt I dOn'T LiKe CaDiAnS!!1!!

Macaroth's dead anyways. Been dead for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

The biggest and best thing we can hope for right now is that Guilliman gets a bee in his bonnet and reorganizes the Imperial Army to be a thing. Specialist Regiments like Catachans, Tallarn, etc could be represented better that way as actual dedicated unit types specializing in terrain/cover setups.


reorginizing the guard into the army would be impossiable, they'd have to be able to stand down long eneugh to impliment the changes


Or take generations worth of phasing out the old Imperial Guard Regiments and phasing in the new Imperial Army.

Also don't know how you'd leave the Characters from each regiment like Straken, Harker, and Creed.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Arcanis161 wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 generalchaos34 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

The fluff has always had a large number of non-Cadian units using Cadian gear.

bUt I dOn'T LiKe CaDiAnS!!1!!

Macaroth's dead anyways. Been dead for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

The biggest and best thing we can hope for right now is that Guilliman gets a bee in his bonnet and reorganizes the Imperial Army to be a thing. Specialist Regiments like Catachans, Tallarn, etc could be represented better that way as actual dedicated unit types specializing in terrain/cover setups.


reorginizing the guard into the army would be impossiable, they'd have to be able to stand down long eneugh to impliment the changes


Or take generations worth of phasing out the old Imperial Guard Regiments and phasing in the new Imperial Army.

Also don't know how you'd leave the Characters from each regiment like Straken, Harker, and Creed.


A lot of those care are pretty old. If I was going to COMPLETELY re-do Guard.. I'd just say "yeah they died" support the rules for a time until eventally moving them to legends and do something new for guard chars.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






I'd make guard go back to platoons. 3 10 man units with a platoon commander for 150pts. can have 3 special guns and/or 3 heavy weapons. 3 seargents and the platoon commander can take plasma pistols and/or melee weapons.

None of the 3 squads can be more than 8" from the other 2 squads and casualties can be pulled from any of the squads.

Takes up 1 troop slot. You'd have to take 3 chimera's if you take any though, and they would also have to remain within 8" of each other.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/14 03:28:21


JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




BrianDavion wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 generalchaos34 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Stormonu wrote:
Supreme Commander?

Sounds like a job for Creed.


Very true....but he's also kind of dead (or is he?). As much as I love the badassery of Creed I would love to see a new Warmaster type guard commander rise up that is new. Maybe Fleetmaster Cassandra VanLeskus since she singlehandedly got Fleet Tertius off the ground through sheer force of will and had it ready to stop a chaos invasion of the Sol System before the other fleets of the indomitus crusade had a chance to even get started (although she is a fleet officer....). Or you could have Warmaster Macaroth or any other notable Generals like Drusus or Isaia Bendikt. Theres got to be a ton of great choices out there who could really get a cool start. Ideally I would love to see some sort of special command tank with the commander standing and pointing forward with their power sword.

Additionally, this would be an amazing opportunity for them to make a new "primary" guard regiment to replace the dwindling Cadians.

The fluff has always had a large number of non-Cadian units using Cadian gear.

bUt I dOn'T LiKe CaDiAnS!!1!!

Macaroth's dead anyways. Been dead for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

The biggest and best thing we can hope for right now is that Guilliman gets a bee in his bonnet and reorganizes the Imperial Army to be a thing. Specialist Regiments like Catachans, Tallarn, etc could be represented better that way as actual dedicated unit types specializing in terrain/cover setups.


reorginizing the guard into the army would be impossiable, they'd have to be able to stand down long eneugh to impliment the changes


That's... not how the Imperium would do that.
If (somehow) convinced of the need to do it, the Imperium would start with newly raised regiments, and simply 'wear out' the existing regiments through attrition and casualties.

Which works just as well for GW. They could avoid invalidating armies and give people shiny new toys to buy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/14 04:35:55


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





Rahdok wrote:
If i had to guess the only factions that can't/won't get one that is soley for them is Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights and Sisters. The only thing Custodes could get that would make sense would be Big E himself as that will never happen unless its some Avatar of big E then idk what they could do as they only really have like 6 named characters? Grey Knights ALREADY have their big guy and he's just a Hero (Kaldor Draigo) they could get 1 other dude but he's in no way a "Supreme Commander". And Sisters are essentially just women in armor , as they already have Celestine (an little immortal being thats died 100 times already) then i dont see what else.


Do Custodes and GK have subfactions? That’s one of the things suspected behind this. A cross sub-faction HQ Supreme Commander that doesn’t break Doctrine/Sept/etc, or LOW for the -Primarch who need a slot. The other Marine subfactions are likely to be left out, but expect 10th to make all the named Chapter Masters Supreme Commanders without the faction crossing to make up for the “missing” character slot. Expect GW to forget not all chapters have a named CM, or that some might want to DIY their CM or entire chapter so it won’t be supported outside of nameds.

Sisters will probably get Celestine.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot






Poor GSC

Girl Gamers are the best! 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 Blndmage wrote:
Poor GSC


Swarm Lord and Old One Eye maybe. Or a new named Patriarch who can fit in Nids too.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Breton wrote:
Rahdok wrote:
If i had to guess the only factions that can't/won't get one that is soley for them is Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights and Sisters. The only thing Custodes could get that would make sense would be Big E himself as that will never happen unless its some Avatar of big E then idk what they could do as they only really have like 6 named characters? Grey Knights ALREADY have their big guy and he's just a Hero (Kaldor Draigo) they could get 1 other dude but he's in no way a "Supreme Commander". And Sisters are essentially just women in armor , as they already have Celestine (an little immortal being thats died 100 times already) then i dont see what else.


Do Custodes and GK have subfactions? That’s one of the things suspected behind this. A cross sub-faction HQ Supreme Commander that doesn’t break Doctrine/Sept/etc, or LOW for the -Primarch who need a slot. The other Marine subfactions are likely to be left out, but expect 10th to make all the named Chapter Masters Supreme Commanders without the faction crossing to make up for the “missing” character slot. Expect GW to forget not all chapters have a named CM, or that some might want to DIY their CM or entire chapter so it won’t be supported outside of nameds.

Sisters will probably get Celestine.


Celestine makes some sense yeah, and yeah I don't expect custodes or GKs to get anything. nor will space marines get any other supreme commanders until/unless more primarchs return.


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
Rahdok wrote:
If i had to guess the only factions that can't/won't get one that is soley for them is Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights and Sisters. The only thing Custodes could get that would make sense would be Big E himself as that will never happen unless its some Avatar of big E then idk what they could do as they only really have like 6 named characters? Grey Knights ALREADY have their big guy and he's just a Hero (Kaldor Draigo) they could get 1 other dude but he's in no way a "Supreme Commander". And Sisters are essentially just women in armor , as they already have Celestine (an little immortal being thats died 100 times already) then i dont see what else.


Do Custodes and GK have subfactions? That’s one of the things suspected behind this. A cross sub-faction HQ Supreme Commander that doesn’t break Doctrine/Sept/etc, or LOW for the -Primarch who need a slot. The other Marine subfactions are likely to be left out, but expect 10th to make all the named Chapter Masters Supreme Commanders without the faction crossing to make up for the “missing” character slot. Expect GW to forget not all chapters have a named CM, or that some might want to DIY their CM or entire chapter so it won’t be supported outside of nameds.

Sisters will probably get Celestine.


Celestine makes some sense yeah, and yeah I don't expect custodes or GKs to get anything. nor will space marines get any other supreme commanders until/unless more primarchs return.



In 9th, unless we get supplement 9.5’s. I still think named Chapter Masters get Supreme Commander so non Guilliman chapters get the bonus character/HQ slot.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Breton wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
Rahdok wrote:
If i had to guess the only factions that can't/won't get one that is soley for them is Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights and Sisters. The only thing Custodes could get that would make sense would be Big E himself as that will never happen unless its some Avatar of big E then idk what they could do as they only really have like 6 named characters? Grey Knights ALREADY have their big guy and he's just a Hero (Kaldor Draigo) they could get 1 other dude but he's in no way a "Supreme Commander". And Sisters are essentially just women in armor , as they already have Celestine (an little immortal being thats died 100 times already) then i dont see what else.


Do Custodes and GK have subfactions? That’s one of the things suspected behind this. A cross sub-faction HQ Supreme Commander that doesn’t break Doctrine/Sept/etc, or LOW for the -Primarch who need a slot. The other Marine subfactions are likely to be left out, but expect 10th to make all the named Chapter Masters Supreme Commanders without the faction crossing to make up for the “missing” character slot. Expect GW to forget not all chapters have a named CM, or that some might want to DIY their CM or entire chapter so it won’t be supported outside of nameds.

Sisters will probably get Celestine.


Celestine makes some sense yeah, and yeah I don't expect custodes or GKs to get anything. nor will space marines get any other supreme commanders until/unless more primarchs return.



In 9th, unless we get supplement 9.5’s. I still think named Chapter Masters get Supreme Commander so non Guilliman chapters get the bonus character/HQ slot.


don't bet on it

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





Swarmlord should be the Tyranid one
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
Rahdok wrote:
If i had to guess the only factions that can't/won't get one that is soley for them is Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights and Sisters. The only thing Custodes could get that would make sense would be Big E himself as that will never happen unless its some Avatar of big E then idk what they could do as they only really have like 6 named characters? Grey Knights ALREADY have their big guy and he's just a Hero (Kaldor Draigo) they could get 1 other dude but he's in no way a "Supreme Commander". And Sisters are essentially just women in armor , as they already have Celestine (an little immortal being thats died 100 times already) then i dont see what else.


Do Custodes and GK have subfactions? That’s one of the things suspected behind this. A cross sub-faction HQ Supreme Commander that doesn’t break Doctrine/Sept/etc, or LOW for the -Primarch who need a slot. The other Marine subfactions are likely to be left out, but expect 10th to make all the named Chapter Masters Supreme Commanders without the faction crossing to make up for the “missing” character slot. Expect GW to forget not all chapters have a named CM, or that some might want to DIY their CM or entire chapter so it won’t be supported outside of nameds.

Sisters will probably get Celestine.


Celestine makes some sense yeah, and yeah I don't expect custodes or GKs to get anything. nor will space marines get any other supreme commanders until/unless more primarchs return.



In 9th, unless we get supplement 9.5’s. I still think named Chapter Masters get Supreme Commander so non Guilliman chapters get the bonus character/HQ slot.


don't bet on it
Not any time soon, my original guess was 10th edition. But it occured to me we could see a halfway wave two of new supplements.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Breton wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
Rahdok wrote:
If i had to guess the only factions that can't/won't get one that is soley for them is Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights and Sisters. The only thing Custodes could get that would make sense would be Big E himself as that will never happen unless its some Avatar of big E then idk what they could do as they only really have like 6 named characters? Grey Knights ALREADY have their big guy and he's just a Hero (Kaldor Draigo) they could get 1 other dude but he's in no way a "Supreme Commander". And Sisters are essentially just women in armor , as they already have Celestine (an little immortal being thats died 100 times already) then i dont see what else.


Do Custodes and GK have subfactions? That’s one of the things suspected behind this. A cross sub-faction HQ Supreme Commander that doesn’t break Doctrine/Sept/etc, or LOW for the -Primarch who need a slot. The other Marine subfactions are likely to be left out, but expect 10th to make all the named Chapter Masters Supreme Commanders without the faction crossing to make up for the “missing” character slot. Expect GW to forget not all chapters have a named CM, or that some might want to DIY their CM or entire chapter so it won’t be supported outside of nameds.

Sisters will probably get Celestine.


Celestine makes some sense yeah, and yeah I don't expect custodes or GKs to get anything. nor will space marines get any other supreme commanders until/unless more primarchs return.



In 9th, unless we get supplement 9.5’s. I still think named Chapter Masters get Supreme Commander so non Guilliman chapters get the bonus character/HQ slot.


don't bet on it
Not any time soon, my original guess was 10th edition. But it occured to me we could see a halfway wave two of new supplements.


yet again, don't bet on it. If I was a betting man GW'll rewrite the supreme command detachment again for 10th.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






sanguine40k wrote:
Given he is effectively Guilliman's 2IC (& is the regent of the entire Imperium Nihilus), Dante should *definitely* get the Supreme Commander keyword.


I really don't see Dante commanding an imperial force without a host of blood angels being present though, which kind of is the point of these supreme commanders. Thrakka, Shadowsun or Szarekh are pretty likely to command an army with not a single other member of their respective sub-faction being present.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I think they'll either go one of two ways.

Either each army will get one, in which case, most people have been listing the likes - Named chapter masters, Eldrad, Trajan, Mortarion, Magnus, Farsight, Fabius, Creed, Vect - who doesn't exist as a playable character any longer - Forgeworld Greater Daemons, Celestine, Cawl etc.

Or, it will be a case of requiring status enough to do something like regularly command or unite an species or 'super faction' (for want of a better term), in which case I think there will be far less. In fact, I would think - Yvraine (with a buff), Abaddon, Guilliman, Swarmlord, Silent King, Tau Special Ethereal I Can't Remember the Name of and Ghazgull. WHetehr they should all be comparable power on the table top or not is a different debate; I don't think they need to be so long as the point efficiency is fair.

I prefer the latter of the two but it will really depend on the mechanic they're trying to introduce via the key word.

- 10,000 pts CSM  
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




Well, Mortarion, Magnus and Guilliman probably won't be getting the Supreme Commander keyword.

They already have the Primarch / Daemon Primarch keyword which has the same function.
   
Made in ca
Revving Ravenwing Biker



Canada

 Dysartes wrote:
Are you holding out for a hero, mrFickle?


Well played Sir.

Now I have that song stuck in my head for the day!

All you have to do is fire three rounds a minute, and stand 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





mrFickle wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Are you holding out for a hero, mrFickle?


Just someone who can do this presentation for me

What kind of hero are you waiting for?
I guess he's got to be strong, and he's got to be fast and he got to be fresh from the fight!

"Our fantasy settings are grim and dark, but that is not a reflection of who we are or how we feel the real world should be. [...] We will continue to diversify the cast of characters we portray [...] so everyone can find representation and heroes they can relate to. [...] If [you don't feel the same way], you will not be missed"
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1268665798467432449/photo/1 
   
Made in us
Water-Caste Negotiator





West Virginia

I think some people are confusing what an actual supreme commander is and the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword.

Dante may be the supreme commander of the Blood Angels, but he doesn't need the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword because he is never going to lead a force of Iron Hands.

It is just like the CORE keyword. Space Marine Captains are a core part of a Space Marine force, but they don't get the CORE keyword because of its function in the rules of the game. Just because a character is a supreme commander of their faction/sept/chapter/regiment or whatever it may be doesn't necessarily mean they need the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword for rules purposes.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




True about Dante.

That said, I doubt they made the keyword for one miniature only. There is design space GW presumably wants to use.

Perhaps Aun'Va with a new, pimped-up model-on-massive-flying-Tau-throne can lead any Tau force (or he could come with a caveat that Farsight stuff cannot be included). Perhaps the Swarmlord won't get it, but GW has a new Junior-Dominatrix-unit or something along those lines in the making.

GW clearly likes to throw out big models like the Silent King, so presumably there'll be more.
   
Made in us
Water-Caste Negotiator





West Virginia

Sunny Side Up wrote:
True about Dante.

That said, I doubt they made the keyword for one miniature only. There is design space GW presumably wants to use.

Perhaps Aun'Va with a new, pimped-up model-on-massive-flying-Tau-throne can lead any Tau force (or he could come with a caveat that Farsight stuff cannot be included). Perhaps the Swarmlord won't get it, but GW has a new Junior-Dominatrix-unit or something along those lines in the making.

GW clearly likes to throw out big models like the Silent King, so presumably there'll be more.


I definitely think there will be more from both existing characters and new characters. I think Shadowsun will probably be the T'au one because she already has a special rule where she can be with any Sept and not break their bonuses which is essentially what the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword is all about.

I believe we will see a lot of overlap with the new "centerpiece" models and this new keyword this edition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/14 12:52:24


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Mud Turkey 13 wrote:I think some people are confusing what an actual supreme commander is and the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword.

Dante may be the supreme commander of the Blood Angels, but he doesn't need the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword because he is never going to lead a force of Iron Hands.

It is just like the CORE keyword. Space Marine Captains are a core part of a Space Marine force, but they don't get the CORE keyword because of its function in the rules of the game. Just because a character is a supreme commander of their faction/sept/chapter/regiment or whatever it may be doesn't necessarily mean they need the SUPREME COMMANDER keyword for rules purposes.

So by that vein, there's literally no point to them existing at all since Primarchs like Magnus and Mortarion can't really do anything with non-TS/DG forces.

The function of Supreme Commander isn't to lead 'a force of Iron Hands'. It's to let you take a character without it messing with your main FOC.

Sunny Side Up wrote:
Perhaps Aun'Va with a new, pimped-up model-on-massive-flying-Tau-throne can lead any Tau force (or he could come with a caveat that Farsight stuff cannot be included). Perhaps the Swarmlord won't get it, but GW has a new Junior-Dominatrix-unit or something along those lines in the making.

GW clearly likes to throw out big models like the Silent King, so presumably there'll be more.

I highly doubt it would be Aun'Va for the Tau, given the events of the Damocles books(Kau'yon and Mont'ka). More likely than not it would be Shadowsun and Farsight.
   
Made in gb
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest





Stevenage, UK

I see no reason why Dante couldn't lead a force of non-Blood Angels - it might seem unlikely that he'll lead them directly on the battlefield, but it's certainly not unheard of for him to command them, even at individual battle level.
Remember that he had ultimate command of all the Marine Chapters at the 3rd War for Armageddon, because the other Chapter Masters recognised he'd do a great job. I'm sure they wouldn't be averse to him saying "I need a few of your squads here, just a little up the road from where my boys are dropping."
And that's just other Marine Chapters - your average Guard Colonel would probably get a Commissar bullet through the head just for refusing a request from Dante.

"Hard pressed on my right. My centre is yielding. Impossible to manoeuvre. Situation excellent. I am attacking." - General Ferdinand Foch  
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: