Switch Theme:

New FAQ, points and errata.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 Unit1126PLL wrote:
Anyone spot any MAJOR changes in the points costs? Looking at Slaanesh daemons, they stayed largely static.

Only major one for myself was the Reanimator going from 110 points to 80 points.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Well, my Guard army can bring Leman Russes without giving up too many points, and now there's an (albeit small) argument for Conscripts.
   
Made in us
Mysterious Techpriest




Plague marines at 21 points... ouch... Those boys will be very powerful.


That's bordering on unplayable. I hope to god this is the new codex price as well and we don't see another increase on top of that ...



Edit: I just googled ablutions and apparently it does not including dropping a duece. I should have looked it up early sorry for any confusion. - Baldsmug

Psiensis on the "good old days":
"Kids these days...
... I invented the 6th Ed meta back in 3rd ed.
Wait, what were we talking about again? Did I ever tell you about the time I gave you five bees for a quarter? That's what you'd say in those days, "give me five bees for a quarter", is what you'd say in those days. And you'd go down to the D&D shop, with an onion in your belt, 'cause that was the style of the time. So there I was in the D&D shop..." 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut







They really dicked up Baneblades it looks like.

They went up 65 points, but the Demolisher cannon (formerly 20) is free (I guess). But now the Twin Heavy Bolter is 50, unless that's the price for one Sponson but at least the lascannon is free, but you have to buy the sponsons in pairs so is that 50 for the pair or is a pair of sponsons 100 now and two pairs 400? And if it isn't the price for a sponson, is it the price for the twin heavy bolter on the front or is that free too?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/07 16:28:02


 
   
Made in us
Ancient Chaos Terminator




The dark hollows of Kentucky

Warp Talons down to 23 PPM from 27. That's better, no great, but better.

Where are the new FAQS? The newest I'm seeing are from December.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Chaos Terminator




The dark hollows of Kentucky

Tycho wrote:
Plague marines at 21 points... ouch... Those boys will be very powerful.


That's bordering on unplayable. I hope to god this is the new codex price as well and we don't see another increase on top of that ...



That's the 2W price. 1W is still 18 PPM for the Undivided Legions.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut







What it looks like they did with the baneblade was raise the price by 15 points, then include the hull heavy bolter and demolisher cannon, then fold sponsons.
   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws



Sioux Falls, SD

 Gadzilla666 wrote:
Warp Talons down to 23 PPM from 27. That's better, no great, but better.

Where are the new FAQS? The newest I'm seeing are from December.


I had to change my sorting from newest first to something else and then back to see them. can also try ctrl+F5 if on a PC.

Blood for the bloo... wait no, I meant for Sanguinius!  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
How do.

Well, have at it!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Canoptek Reanimator is now 80 points, down from 110. And the Triarch Stalker gains Quantum Shielding.


The triarch stalker already had Quantum Shielding

Edit: Ah, I see you were referring to it gaining the Keyword.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/07 19:32:38


 
   
Made in ca
Mysterious Techpriest






Not Online!!! wrote:
DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.


CSM PM won't get the DG support,are still 1 wound and theyre also not troops so the difference in pts is fine.
poxwalkers can't shoot and are slower, the difference in pts is fine.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Tycho wrote:
Plague marines at 21 points... ouch... Those boys will be very powerful.


That's bordering on unplayable. I hope to god this is the new codex price as well and we don't see another increase on top of that ...




nah, 21 pts for their stats is really good, they will still be solid.

Also, these are 100% the codex cost since the codex was supposed to already be out.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/01/07 16:32:47


Admech Lucius
Drukhari
Craftworld Yme-Loc
Thousand sons
Tzeentch Demons
Slaanesh Demons
Night Lords
Imperial knights

 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 VladimirHerzog wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.


CSM PM won't get the DG support,are still 1 wound and theyre also not troops so the difference in pts is fine.
poxwalkers can't shoot and are slower, the difference in pts is fine.

Sorry, no, 5 PPm cultists for thee but not for me CSM is NOT FINE.
Because they didn't change.

Atleast the earthshaker carriage battery is finally cheaper (5ppm) then the basilisk...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/07 16:34:58


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Not Online!!! wrote:
DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.


Maybe wait until the codex is released...
   
Made in us
Ancient Chaos Terminator




The dark hollows of Kentucky

 VladimirHerzog wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.


CSM PM won't get the DG support,are still 1 wound and theyre also not troops so the difference in pts is fine.
poxwalkers can't shoot and are slower, the difference in pts is fine.

He's talking about the cultists Vlad. Death Guard cultists are 5 PPM, CSM cultists are still 6 PPM.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Umbros wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.


Maybe wait until the codex is released...


The same unit with the same stats for 2 diffrent pricepoints...
Yeah no, reeks once again of dex designers beeing separate and avoiding each other like most house cats do with water.

For the record, i understand the PM's i just mock them for not even bothering to update the unit because it is shared.
What i don't understand is the magically cheaper culitsts for DG compared to CSM. Especially because THE cultist spam legion is NOT DG.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/07 16:37:02


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Not Online!!! wrote:
Umbros wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
DG vs CSM

CSM PM are 18 ppm

And more funny, DG cultists 5ppm poxwalkers 5ppm CSM cultists .... 6ppm.

For what is in essence the same fething unit...


Atleast it's free but something ain't right.


Maybe wait until the codex is released...


The same unit with the same stats for 2 diffrent pricepoints...
Yeah no, reeks once again of dex designers beeing separate and avoiding each other like most house cats do with water.


You don't know what synergies/extra rules exist in the book. There may be none and it is a silly discrepancy, but you just don't know...
   
Made in ca
Mysterious Techpriest






Not Online!!! wrote:

Sorry, no, 5 PPm cultists for thee but not for me CSM is NOT FINE.
Because they didn't change.

Atleast the earthshaker carriage battery is finally cheaper (5ppm) then the basilisk...



they did change tho. DG got a codex, CSM didnt.

Admech Lucius
Drukhari
Craftworld Yme-Loc
Thousand sons
Tzeentch Demons
Slaanesh Demons
Night Lords
Imperial knights

 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 bullyboy wrote:
addressed the apothecary and ATV....finally


I mean...like two months for sweeping FAQs. Seems pretty timely to me.

   
Made in ca
Mysterious Techpriest






 Gadzilla666 wrote:

He's talking about the cultists Vlad. Death Guard cultists are 5 PPM, CSM cultists are still 6 PPM.


yeah, him mentionning poxwalkers messed up my reading comprehension. Still, CSM is behind everywhere anyway, once we get a codex it should be fine (knocks on wood)

Admech Lucius
Drukhari
Craftworld Yme-Loc
Thousand sons
Tzeentch Demons
Slaanesh Demons
Night Lords
Imperial knights

 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block




The thousand sons cultists are 6pts aswell btw
   
Made in us
Furious Fire Dragon




USA

 VladimirHerzog wrote:
Woah, apparently fire and fading lets you embark on transports now.
Where is this? Did they remove something that previously restricted it?

We mortals are but shadows and dust...
6k
:harlequin: 2k
2k
2k 
   
Made in ca
Mysterious Techpriest






Not Online!!! wrote:


The same unit with the same stats for 2 diffrent pricepoints...
Yeah no, reeks once again of dex designers beeing separate and avoiding each other like most house cats do with water.

For the record, i understand the PM's i just mock them for not even bothering to update the unit because it is shared.
What i don't understand is the magically cheaper culitsts for DG compared to CSM. Especially because THE cultist spam legion is NOT DG.


DG plagues and CSM plagues aren't the same unit tho..... troop vs elite is a huge difference.

The magically cheaper cultists is dumb but thats the least of our complaints, just give us 2W already!

Admech Lucius
Drukhari
Craftworld Yme-Loc
Thousand sons
Tzeentch Demons
Slaanesh Demons
Night Lords
Imperial knights

 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 Unit1126PLL wrote:
Anyone spot any MAJOR changes in the points costs? Looking at Slaanesh daemons, they stayed largely static.


Nothing major seen yet. An important one though is the 5 points to Eradicators. It doesn't take them off the table, but it might slow them down a bit.

   
Made in ca
Mysterious Techpriest






 mokoshkana wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
Woah, apparently fire and fading lets you embark on transports now.
Where is this? Did they remove something that previously restricted it?


OUT OF PHASE RULES AND EMBARKING
ON TRANSPORTS
We wish to add an example to explain how the Out of Phase rules
apply to units. When a unit uses a rule to make a move as if it
were the Movement phase, all the normal rules that would apply in
the Movement phase apply when making that move. For example,
models in that unit cannot finish that move within Engagement
Range of any enemy models, and if every model in that unit
finishes that move wholly within 3" of a friendly Transport model,
they can embark within that Transport model following the
normal Movement phase rules regarding embarkation.


core rulebook faq

Admech Lucius
Drukhari
Craftworld Yme-Loc
Thousand sons
Tzeentch Demons
Slaanesh Demons
Night Lords
Imperial knights

 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





VladimirHerzog wrote:
 Gadzilla666 wrote:

He's talking about the cultists Vlad. Death Guard cultists are 5 PPM, CSM cultists are still 6 PPM.


yeah, him mentionning poxwalkers messed up my reading comprehension. Still, CSM is behind everywhere anyway, once we get a codex it should be fine (knocks on wood)


Biasn wrote:The thousand sons cultists are 6pts aswell btw


Look, i have to commend GW, they resisted their Greedyness and gave us a free rules update and pts. They even put it online which is masterfully custommer friendly.
What is less is the still seeming 0 interaction between lead writers for dex rules and pts...

Also considering ALL sm got insta updated whiles all CSM which will get the impending buff didn't , vlad, doesn't bode well imo.

Also i may be forgiven for not trusting GW...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:


The same unit with the same stats for 2 diffrent pricepoints...
Yeah no, reeks once again of dex designers beeing separate and avoiding each other like most house cats do with water.

For the record, i understand the PM's i just mock them for not even bothering to update the unit because it is shared.
What i don't understand is the magically cheaper culitsts for DG compared to CSM. Especially because THE cultist spam legion is NOT DG.


DG plagues and CSM plagues aren't the same unit tho..... troop vs elite is a huge difference.

The magically cheaper cultists is dumb but thats the least of our complaints, just give us 2W already!


Seconded, atleast the FW arty got a bit more usefull, which is the part of my R&H still getting updated

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/01/07 16:44:44


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Furious Fire Dragon




USA

@VladimirHerzog Thanks! I was looking in the wrong spot in that pdf.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Folks, remember that units in different books have access to different stratagems and synergies. That SHOULD absolutely be factored in to a units cost. In the new world, it is not just as easy as adding a second detachment to gain access to a second grouping of Stratagems as detachments now have an actual CP cost.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/07 16:46:23


We mortals are but shadows and dust...
6k
:harlequin: 2k
2k
2k 
   
Made in us
Mysterious Techpriest




Also, these are 100% the codex cost since the codex was supposed to already be out.


Oh that's right! I forgot about that. Whew! lol


I mean...like two months for sweeping FAQs. Seems pretty timely to me.


I think the UK is locked down pretty hard right now too. It's not just 2 months - it's 2 months in a quarantine. I'd agree that this is a pretty laudable achievement. Especially the Munitorum being free, and with so many of the changes being ones very specifically called for by the community. I'm sure there are some "misses" here too, but over all, I think this looks to be like some of their better work.



Edit: I just googled ablutions and apparently it does not including dropping a duece. I should have looked it up early sorry for any confusion. - Baldsmug

Psiensis on the "good old days":
"Kids these days...
... I invented the 6th Ed meta back in 3rd ed.
Wait, what were we talking about again? Did I ever tell you about the time I gave you five bees for a quarter? That's what you'd say in those days, "give me five bees for a quarter", is what you'd say in those days. And you'd go down to the D&D shop, with an onion in your belt, 'cause that was the style of the time. So there I was in the D&D shop..." 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Procrastinator extraordinaire





Edinburgh, UK

 VladimirHerzog wrote:
 mokoshkana wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
Woah, apparently fire and fading lets you embark on transports now.
Where is this? Did they remove something that previously restricted it?


OUT OF PHASE RULES AND EMBARKING
ON TRANSPORTS
We wish to add an example to explain how the Out of Phase rules
apply to units. When a unit uses a rule to make a move as if it
were the Movement phase, all the normal rules that would apply in
the Movement phase apply when making that move. For example,
models in that unit cannot finish that move within Engagement
Range of any enemy models, and if every model in that unit
finishes that move wholly within 3" of a friendly Transport model,
they can embark within that Transport model following the
normal Movement phase rules regarding embarkation.


core rulebook faq


That's a pretty big buff that they might errata again, fire and fade was nerfed for a reason.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 20/6/2 9th Ed - 2/1/0
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Excoriators! The forgotten Second Founding Chapter P&M blog
Instagram, follow for other hobby updates 
   
Made in us
Deathwing Terminator with Assault Cannon





 Daedalus81 wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
addressed the apothecary and ATV....finally


I mean...like two months for sweeping FAQs. Seems pretty timely to me.


so you're saying that the Space Marine Codex was released in November?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Spoletta wrote:
They also updated tau plasma and flamer weapons.

What FAQ are you seeing anything about Tau plasma in?
The Flamers were changed in august last year anway so that's not new.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: