Switch Theme:

War Zone Octarius Book 1 on Pre-order next week  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Nevelon wrote:
Down side, for those who did buy it, you pay again for the same stuff taking up page count in a new book.


That's not true though. Both Charadon books are the same price, despite the 2nd one having a reprint of CSM PA rules and an extra ~20 pages.
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

 Nevelon wrote:


GW wrote:On top of this all, the Appendix: Tyranids section collects all of the additional rules published in the Psychic Awakening series in one place, making War Zone Octarius – Book 1 the definitive supplement for players looking to get more out of their ravenous murder-bugs.


Yknow, if they started doing this with all the campaign books (i.e. printing anything found in previous campaign books for the faction(s) in question) it wouldn't be too bad, it would stop you from needing to carry more than 1 additional book with your Codex (and/or Codex Supplement), i.e. you don't have to carry every campaign book that your faction appeared in with you, just the most recent campaign book.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero






The cover on that is great, the Hive Tyrant just seems so indignant that it's getting shot, but also, yay! Planetstrike! And also more fancy click-clack cubes (I may or may not have a dice addiction).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/11 12:56:15


 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







 Kanluwen wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
No new models?

None were shown yesterday, so no.


Far from ideal but hey sooner or later something will spawn for nids..

There's at least two rumour engines that point towards a plastic Lictor and Red Terror.


Something for Christmas maybe...
Hope that the design changes a bit and comes with options and its not just a old models update.

   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Nevelon wrote:
At least this includes the old stuff?
"Now with the rules you already bought once!" is not a value-adding proposition.

These DLC books are awful. They're even worse when they're a quasi-update before you even get a Codex.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Lictor





London

 Kanluwen wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
No new models?

None were shown yesterday, so no.


Far from ideal but hey sooner or later something will spawn for nids..

There's at least two rumour engines that point towards a plastic Lictor and Red Terror.


Hasn't there been some suggestion the Lictor might be for Kill Team?

Still useful for 40K but not attached to a Codex.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 NAVARRO wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
No new models?

None were shown yesterday, so no.


Far from ideal but hey sooner or later something will spawn for nids..

There's at least two rumour engines that point towards a plastic Lictor and Red Terror.


Something for Christmas maybe...
Hope that the design changes a bit and comes with options and its not just a old models update.

I'd hazard a guess that it'll be 2022. There is a rumour of a Kill Team set featuring Catachans and Lictors, but it was not part of the Big Rumour Dump that is currently at a 99.99% accuracy rating.

Here's the rumour engines in question:
Spoiler:




Automatically Appended Next Post:
 The Phazer wrote:

Hasn't there been some suggestion the Lictor might be for Kill Team?

Still useful for 40K but not attached to a Codex.

The suggestion came from Lady Atia+Bob over at War of Sigmar, not the Big Rumour Dump.

Not saying it won't happen! Just noting that it comes from something else entirely.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/11 13:54:07


 
   
Made in ca
Nihilistic Necron Lord




The best State-Texas

Kan,

Can you post those rumors? I only remember the big drop and a fake 4 chan set of rumors.

4000+
6000+ Order. Unity. Obedience.
Thousand Sons 4000+
:Necron: Necron Discord: https://discord.com/invite/AGtpeD4  
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Sasori wrote:
Kan,

Can you post those rumors? I only remember the big drop and a fake 4 chan set of rumors.

The lictor one?

Just that there's a Kill Team box with a Lictor Brood and resculpted Catachans.

FWIW, Bob+Atia started talking about it before we saw the two store promo(Jackson was a store opening model, Colonel was to be a store anniversary model) Catachans that got rejigged into the fundraiser for indie shop Colonel and Sgt Ripper Jackson.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/11 14:40:47


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




The big rumor dump did say guard were getting 2 new regiment updates (which most presumed were krieg and catachan anyway) and Cadian vets. Plus a bigger then leman russ but smaller than baneblade tank (aka not malcador). So it’s not a hard stretch to guess a new catachan vs tyranid killteam box.

It’s no longer hard for them to make multiple regiments all you need is a troop/vet box, command box, and heavy weapon team box. But still selling 3 regiments seems to be a little wishlisty
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I don't care how good the rules are with these books -- I'm done buying them.

Those Ordo Xenos dice, however. . .
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





KurtAngle2 wrote:
The Power Level is quite high with these rules
Boneswords (both kinds) are only ap -2. a lot of invul saves are 2 worse then the models own save so ignoring invuls will often not actually even do anything.

Being able to chose your WL trait every turn sounds cool and is in character, but Tyranid warlord traits are generally crap (that is why they almost always get thrown out for an Adaptive thingy from Psychic Awakening)

So its just reroll hits for 1 unit. Which is good mind you but Nids need a whole lot more then that.
   
Made in fr
Sinister Chaos Marine






 Ordana wrote:
Boneswords (both kinds) are only ap -2. a lot of invul saves are 2 worse then the models own save so ignoring invuls will often not actually even do anything.



But that'll hurt demons. Ouch !

-"For the Ruinous Powers!" 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Thanks for the rumours pics.

Looks like traditional design choices there but still early days. How good would it be a nice Lictor with options and variant tails, heads... talons etc.
Next year then. Whats a few months between Nid collectors.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Kanluwen wrote:
Tyranid article.
Spoiler:

Were Monstrous Boneswords a thing before?

*Muttering in Warscythe*
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

Maybe the Nids will come for a Thanksgiving (US version) Feast, which always brings on a Black Friday as the skies are full of Drop/Spore Pods.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Purportedly, the last two codices of the year are Talons of the Emperor(Custodes and Sisters of Silence) and GSC. Those two pairings are getting a battlebox.

Tyranids are a wildcard. Next year is supposed to be Craftworlds and more CSM stuff.
   
Made in cz
Regular Dakkanaut




I still find it funny that they used a picture of the Swarmlord for the new relic.

He is equipped with bonesabers (not applicable) and he is also a named character (no relic anyway).

But then again, monstrous bone swords have to be kitbashed for tyrants, the only official bone swords are the little ones for warriors...

Nids in nutshell...

I do like what was shown, though. I have a lot of Leviathan Nids on the shelf....
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




 MajorWesJanson wrote:
This is probably a sort of stopgap/beta rules for nids and guard before they get full codex updates.


I just hope they bring back the Guard specialist detachments as Army of Renowns.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






Kitane wrote:
I still find it funny that they used a picture of the Swarmlord for the new relic.

He is equipped with bonesabers (not applicable) and he is also a named character (no relic anyway).

But then again, monstrous bone swords have to be kitbashed for tyrants, the only official bone swords are the little ones for warriors...

Nids in nutshell...

I do like what was shown, though. I have a lot of Leviathan Nids on the shelf....


That will be because there's no stock photo of a Hive Tyrant with just two boneswords, and it was hardly worth painting one up for this article.

I've always assumed that GW thinks it's fine to use two bonesabres as a pair of monstrous boneswords anyway. Otherwise why would there be a unit option for them in a codex written many years after the kit was released?
   
Made in us
Sneaky Striking Scorpion




North Carolina

 xttz wrote:
Kitane wrote:
I still find it funny that they used a picture of the Swarmlord for the new relic.

He is equipped with bonesabers (not applicable) and he is also a named character (no relic anyway).

But then again, monstrous bone swords have to be kitbashed for tyrants, the only official bone swords are the little ones for warriors...

Nids in nutshell...

I do like what was shown, though. I have a lot of Leviathan Nids on the shelf....


That will be because there's no stock photo of a Hive Tyrant with just two boneswords, and it was hardly worth painting one up for this article.

I've always assumed that GW thinks it's fine to use two bonesabres as a pair of monstrous boneswords anyway. Otherwise why would there be a unit option for them in a codex written many years after the kit was released?


I'm not sure I agree here. Is there precedent for GW naming one weapon bit two different things? Yeah, I know the Hive Tyrant is a kind of anomalous kit/loadout anyways, but Bone Sabres are Bone Sabres; they are visually distinct from Boneswords and do different things.

Did we have dual bonesword loadouts in 6th? 5th? I actually forgot that that was a thing we could do in the 8e book.
   
Made in us
Virulent Space Marine dedicated to Nurgle




Increasingly suspecting that Guard, Nids, and Knights are getting token supplement support because those codices are dropping in 10th.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Well, we got our answer on what Cadians are getting...

Spoiler:




There’s plenty more to see in Rising Tide, including a new suite of Crusade rules for Astra Militarum armies, so stay tuned as we take a deeper look into War Zone Octarius later this week.
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/12/the-whiteshields-are-back-and-codex-supplement-cadia-makes-them-hard-enough-to-shrug-off-lascannons/

More Octarius previews are up today, this time showcasing Cadians. Not really fond of how much they're spamming variations of transhuman (trans-cadian now I guess?) across armies, especially when they're tied to specific subfactions or units. Interesting that they're trying to make conscripts relevant again though and that a strat affects all units of one type in a detachment, since I don't believe we've seen that before. I hope this is a sign of a possible Ard Boyz upgrade that can be applied for when the Orks get their preview.
   
Made in us
Sneaky Striking Scorpion




North Carolina

 Grimskul wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/12/the-whiteshields-are-back-and-codex-supplement-cadia-makes-them-hard-enough-to-shrug-off-lascannons/

More Octarius previews are up today, this time showcasing Cadians. Not really fond of how much they're spamming variations of transhuman (trans-cadian now I guess?) across armies, especially when they're tied to specific subfactions or units. Interesting that they're trying to make conscripts relevant again though and that a strat affects all units of one type in a detachment, since I don't believe we've seen that before. I hope this is a sign of a possible Ard Boyz upgrade that can be applied for when the Orks get their preview.


Yeah, it really is kind of surprising they're boosting a "no model, no rules" unit. Kind of an encouraging sign actually, let's hope it continues.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

PoorGravitasHandling wrote:
Increasingly suspecting that Guard, Nids, and Knights are getting token supplement support because those codices are dropping in 10th.

I don't think 10th, but yes. It does feel like there's Something Big in the works for some of these books. Knights could have been an incredibly easy token release with nothing but a new book and maybe some transfer sheets...but it hasn't been done yet. We have a rumour of Chaos Knights next year with a new Knight in there, but nothing on Loyalist Knights.
We have a fairly reliable rumour right now of Genestealer Cults coming in December/January time...but nothing outside a Tyranids v Catachan KT box for the Tyranids.
   
Made in us
Daemonic Dreadnought




The dark hollows of Kentucky

Hey! Cadians got "Normal" Human Physiology!
   
Made in at
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





Pouring one out for my boy Lukas dying off-screen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/12 13:39:31


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

They... they gave Conscripts Trans-Human and All is Dust.

They've lost the plot.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in ca
Willing Inquisitorial Excruciator





The Frozen North

 Gene St. Ealer wrote:
Is there precedent for GW naming one weapon bit two different things?

Sure - just look at the entire Primaris Marines line.

Triggerbaby wrote:In summary, here's your lunch and ask Miss Creaver if she has aloe lotion because I have taken you to school and you have been burned.

Abadabadoobaddon wrote:I too can prove pretty much any assertion I please if I don't count all the evidence that contradicts it.
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: