Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar 3.0 News & Rumors (Kruleboyz + AoS Terrain Pre-order Sep 18. App Beta)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Monster grots!

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Yeah, I think Sigmarines and Kruleboyz are getting the same marketing strategy here. Launch box miniatures as an easy buy in to get a core for the armies into people's hands, impressive monsters and war machines as eye catchers to add to that and then the model release around the battletome to fill in any gaps and round off the factions (for now). I think it's a bit premature to judge the appearance of the starter box armies until their battletomes are out.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Im expecting a massive feline creature to go with my Dracoline army!

   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!

 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.

I hope any Dragon species that gets released look more intimidating thN the Stormcast Stardrake McDonalds toy.

A human Empire with dragons could be cool though

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.

I hope any Dragon species that gets released look more intimidating thN the Stormcast Stardrake McDonalds toy.

A human Empire with dragons could be cool though


If it’s mostly an aesthetic thing, one could always convert up Ardboyz to be equivalent units. Same stats, same rough dimensions, just a different aesthetic.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

'Stunning New Warhammer Age of Sigmar Scenery Captures the Dangers of the Dawnbringer Crusades' on Warhammer Community:

As often as not, Dawnbringer Crusades are missions of reclamation rather than discovery. Sites of ancient strongholds from the Age of Myth lay strewn across the Mortal Realms, and powerful geomantic forces converge at these ruins. This is where the foundations of new Dawnbringer settlements are laid.

You can see evidence of these ancient cities in the scenery itself – the pillars on which the nexus syphon stands have been built to different heights to accommodate the ruins upon which the artefact is perched.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/07/20 13:14:21


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






At least the Syphon will be available in other sets from the wording. I still expect a Vertigus type set and that might have a unique terrain piece.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

AoS 1.0/2.0 ruins
AoS 3.0 rebuilt ruins
AoS 4.0 - we might actually get some buildings that aren't a ruin!


It's kinda crazy to think that Old World had a lot of build structures, but we've lost pretty much all of them in favour of ruins over the course of AoS. It would be neat to have some solid structures that aren't crumbling or half crumbling.

A Blog in Miniature

The Swarm Arises

Do you ever notice, sometimes, there's an extra post? 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 Overread wrote:
It would be neat to have some solid structures that aren't crumbling or half crumbling.
100% this!
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Overread wrote:
AoS 1.0/2.0 ruins
AoS 3.0 rebuilt ruins
AoS 4.0 - we might actually get some buildings that aren't a ruin!


It's kinda crazy to think that Old World had a lot of build structures, but we've lost pretty much all of them in favour of ruins over the course of AoS. It would be neat to have some solid structures that aren't crumbling or half crumbling.


You know what? You're right. AoS is already a saturday morning cartoon compared to 40K and so they might as well give us a Castle Grayskull for our Stormcasts and Snake Mountain for Kruleboyz.


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




No game with Abbadon should compare other settings with saturday morning cartoons.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





True, apart from the Chaos Fortress have they released many whole buildings for AOS? I have no idea how well that sold either, but SamusDrake has me wanting a Kruleboyz Snake Mountain now!

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in us
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Texas

SamusDrake wrote:


You know what? You're right. AoS is already a saturday morning cartoon compared to 40K and so they might as well give us a Castle Grayskull for our Stormcasts and Snake Mountain for Kruleboyz.



So...a revamped Mighty Fortress and a AOS version of the Ork stockage from GorkaMorka.

I would be interested in a Stormcast (or Slaanesh) fortress...

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood?

DC:70S+G++M+++B+I-Pat43/f+D++A(WTF)/eWD079R+++T(R)DM+ 
   
Made in de
Terrifying Doombull






Nuremberg

Saturday morning cartoons are awesome.

AoS1 had that gigantic Chaos castle though right? The Dreadhold? It's only the good guy's stuff that's ruined.

I find most of the AoS terrain pretty awful though. The stuff like the Lizardman temple when compared to the old plastic houses really disappoint.

   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Sacredroach wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:


You know what? You're right. AoS is already a saturday morning cartoon compared to 40K and so they might as well give us a Castle Grayskull for our Stormcasts and Snake Mountain for Kruleboyz.




I would be interested in a Stormcast (or Slaanesh) fortress...


That would cost a bloody fortune and then some.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.


I want hammer throwers. Not like carpentry hammers, but the iron balls on chains you whirl around and throw. That kind of hefty show of strength would be fitting for them I think.

 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Looking at the Syphon... it's not easily identifiable as a race-specific piece of terrain. It's not covered in twin-tailed comets. Yeah... a couple of those dirtied up and covered in this stuff will work perfectly on my Eldar/Death World terrain.

 DaveC wrote:
I still expect a Vertigus type set and that might have a unique terrain piece.
Let us hope so.


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 AduroT wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.


I want hammer throwers. Not like carpentry hammers, but the iron balls on chains you whirl around and throw. That kind of hefty show of strength would be fitting for them I think.


Or a fast option of throwing Grots/Squigs at the opponent, One of those Mantic KoW ideas that is just fun. Ties up the opponent trying not to get eaten while the rest of the army advances to smash people into paste.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.


I want hammer throwers. Not like carpentry hammers, but the iron balls on chains you whirl around and throw. That kind of hefty show of strength would be fitting for them I think.


Or a fast option of throwing Grots/Squigs at the opponent, One of those Mantic KoW ideas that is just fun. Ties up the opponent trying not to get eaten while the rest of the army advances to smash people into paste.

That sounds like the Squig Gobba from Forge World.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion





Cronch wrote:
No game with Abbadon should compare other settings with saturday morning cartoons.


Yeah, look AOS is defiantly very super hero-y. No argument. But 40K is so laughable these days that I can't even bring myself to care about 40K lore in general.

"In the grim darkness of the 41st....Abbadon has destroyed Cadia....but all is not as it seems. Instead of fear, Cadia's destruction has made the IOM stronger than it was before, united in Hatred of Abbadon! Take that you Traitor!"

*BEEG YAWN**
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

 Ghaz wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.


I want hammer throwers. Not like carpentry hammers, but the iron balls on chains you whirl around and throw. That kind of hefty show of strength would be fitting for them I think.


Or a fast option of throwing Grots/Squigs at the opponent, One of those Mantic KoW ideas that is just fun. Ties up the opponent trying not to get eaten while the rest of the army advances to smash people into paste.

That sounds like the Squig Gobba from Forge World.


Or, y'know, a Doom Diver. Greenskins having themselves lobbed at the enemy has been a Warhammer thing way longer than Knock Off King Mantic has existed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/20 18:42:53


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Southern New Hampshire

I remember writing rules for putting a Doom Diver on a trukk for Gorkamorka. If the grot was fired at a vehicle and survived the landing, he counted as charging.

Greenskins are fun.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Agreed with the others that it seems to be lacking some regulars orcs. Would have like to see some cavalry instead of one of these monsters

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in us
Skink Chief with Poisoned Javelins




Xalapa, Veracruz

Did anyone else noted that Gobsprakk has his own Pot Grot in the back of the seat?

The hand on his staff makes me wonder if its from a troll or something else, because they only have four fingers per hand...
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






 CMLR wrote:
Did anyone else noted that Gobsprakk has his own Pot Grot in the back of the seat?

The hand on his staff makes me wonder if its from a troll or something else, because they only have four fingers per hand...


It's from a Lord of Change

So great is Gobsprakk’s magical might that the crotchety shaman has bested many sorcerers in the past, including a great Lord of Change.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





SamusDrake wrote:
You know what? You're right. AoS is already a saturday morning cartoon compared to 40K and so they might as well give us a Castle Grayskull for our Stormcasts and Snake Mountain for Kruleboyz.

Castle Greyskull you say?



Oh wait, there is already one. Just not for AoS. It's funny how every time people complain about AoS, 9 out of 10 times it's wrong but it applies to WHF 10x more
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Irbis wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
You know what? You're right. AoS is already a saturday morning cartoon compared to 40K and so they might as well give us a Castle Grayskull for our Stormcasts and Snake Mountain for Kruleboyz.

Castle Greyskull you say?

Spoiler:


Oh wait, there is already one. Just not for AoS. It's funny how every time people complain about AoS, 9 out of 10 times it's wrong but it applies to WHF 10x more

The Skullvane Manse was slightly reworked and released for Age of Sigmar as the Warscryer Citadel during the Malign Portents event.


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




 AduroT wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I’m hoping for some new Ironjawz in the new Orruk Warclans book!


I would prefer this . Right now I have plenty of points of Brutes, Ironjawz and some printed idols of Gork. While I just bought Dominion, I’m not a fan of the Kruleboyz, so if I can trade/sell them off to get some Ironjawz who have learned how to do some ranged attacks on their own, I would be really happy.


I want hammer throwers. Not like carpentry hammers, but the iron balls on chains you whirl around and throw. That kind of hefty show of strength would be fitting for them I think.


I'd rather have these guys:




   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pious Warrior Priest





My happy place.

Whelp, that vulture has great potential for tomb king esque conversions

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

Co-owner of Two Idiots Printing Service, a 3D printing service. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: