Switch Theme:

Raging Heroes [official] Toughest Girls of the Galaxy Kickstarter - $698,548 Finish!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

I hope this truck's got a "We only stop for Werewolves" sticker on its bumper...

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




I'd love that
   
Made in gr
Thermo-Optical Spekter





Greece

I hope we reach 615k mark for the nurse, 675 would be fantastic, Freya is really uninteresting Zab looks good, but looks like a bridge too far at the moment.

Overall I think this should have happened around the middle of the campaign not now.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





College Park, MD

The "drop ship for two" is great for me. I've been pondering doing 2x lieutenant, and this makes it a much easier decision. The shipping total will be similar whether I do this or a single pledge with wave shipping, similar amount of selections, and doubles of the freebies which should make for some fun conversion fodder or trade bait. $350 is a bit more than I intended on having tied up for a year or so, but not by much.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







Where the heck is the typical KS last (two) day(s) massive surge?

This one ends at the very odd time of 8:00AM tomorrow, EST - it better get going!
   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws





Norfolk, NE

 Alpharius wrote:
Where the heck is the typical KS last (two) day(s) massive surge?

This one ends at the very odd time of 8:00AM tomorrow, EST - it better get going!


See some of my previous comments.

There will be no "Typical Surge".



Something is happening on the 24th, we sent you a poster.
 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

You guys must have missed Kroothawk saying we're experiencing the surge right now!!!!!

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in us
Mutating Changebringer





Pennsylvania

 Alpharius wrote:
Where the heck is the typical KS last (two) day(s) massive surge?

This one ends at the very odd time of 8:00AM tomorrow, EST - it better get going!


I am in the extraordinarily uncomfortable position of having developed a fairly cogent and supportable explanation why there isn't a final surge ala KD:M, Deadzone, Etc... and wanting to be mistaken and/or surprised, because I want those frelling Werewolves/Cyberzombies!

Of course, it may also have to do with the Dread Cthulhu landing just 7 hours after this one...

Although, speaking of the Werewolves, earlier thoughts that they would be a unit are apparently mistaken (from the comments);

@Jen the Viking: Werewolves will be big pieces, just slightly smaller than a Mecha and larger than Kiki Bulldozer. They will not be soled as a Unit, but as Heroines, as they are actually Were-She-Wolves (don't know if I'm spelling this right...). And as it turns out, it's looking like we will have 4 different models!



Automatically Appended Next Post:
And a new update about... how awesome they are? Yay?

The TGG Kickstarter: a Roaring Success NOW in its FINAL HOURS
Update #65 · Jul 6, 2013 · 2 comments

With just a few hours left, after unlocking about 50 Heroines and a large number of Troops and Supports, we unveiled a last-minute series of exciting and previously unseen Uber-Stretch Goals and new Add-Ons for their Toughest Girls of the Galaxy Kickstarter which has now passed $600,000!

So check it out! As one commenter put it:
On top of great models, "there is a richness to this KS (e.g., major story lines and an upcoming game) that takes their craft to the next level.”

And here is a list of pretty incredible facts, from what we've been able to assess by digging through the Kickstarter website:

The Toughest Girls of the Galaxy Kickstarter is the 2nd biggest miniatures-only Kickstarter (that is, miniatures proposed without a game), right behind the legendary Reaper Bones Kickstarter
It is the 12th biggest Kickstarter in the Tabletop Games section
It ranks 40th in the Games Category (which also includes video games!)
So far (and the KS is not yet over), we're in the top 1% of the best-performing Kickstarters (actually, were currently in the top 0.67%)!
And from what we can tell, we're the most successful Kickstarter so far created by a French company!

So hurry up if you don't want to miss what is being hailed as an incredible line of miniatures with a truly inspiring setting/background and at a price you'll never see again.

In case you missed it, here is Nertha, the Faceless Mother, who is also the Iron Empire's Freedom Fighter.
Nertha is available for FREE to Lieutenant Box Pledges and higher, along with at least 10 other Freebees, and probably more before we hit the finish line!
Read her story here.


And meet Zab the Hacker, the last Stretch Goal of the campaign.
Zab the Hacker will be available for FREE to Lieutenant Box Pledges and higher, along with over 10 other Freebees!


Pledge Calculator + Paypal Option

Wondering how to allocate your pledge? Check out the unofficial but very handy Pledge Calculator created by Kenneth Gray. Rumour has it that it's a very effective tool! Kenny is updating regularly, and so even if it's missing a few items, that won't be for long...

Wondering about a Paypal option? Follow this link!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/07/06 21:11:52


   
Made in us
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Fort Worth, TX

 Buzzsaw wrote:
I am in the extraordinarily uncomfortable position of having developed a fairly cogent and supportable explanation why there isn't a final surge ala KD:M, Deadzone, Etc... and wanting to be mistaken and/or surprised, because I want those frelling Werewolves/Cyberzombies!


I think the main reason we won't see a massive spike like other campaigns, is that most people who wanted in on this one are already in on it, and now we're just seeing the last minute pledge adjustments along with some new pledges. Like I said before, it's a niche product (alt IG/SOB) within an already niche market (wargaming), so it doesn't have anywhere near as big of a potential consumer base as a complete boardgame does.

"Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds: Fire, walk with me."
- Twin Peaks
"You listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman." - Twin Peaks 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I'm not sure it's anything to do with the campaign,

even Cthulhu Wars which ends in only a days time is not showing much of a bounce



It could be that people are (finally) starting to back before the end of a KS to help hit stretches,

or more likely it's just a bad idea to end on a weekend just after the 4th July when Americans (who are the group who are most likely to be spending money) are both poor (as they spend money on 4th July celebrations/holidays etc) and are even more likely to not be around than on a normal weekend (when pledges tend to be lower) as they may be on a long weekend and actually away.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/07/06 21:34:52


 
   
Made in ca
Been Around the Block




 KalashnikovMarine wrote:
Well it's the juxtaposition of the kinda nightmare hell troopers that is the Iron Empire and the Lulus... which is kinda fethed up queaff? Then again the Lulus in general really bug me in the "creepy" sense.


Think that's bad? that lulu looks like a homage to the last scene of All's Quiet on the Western Front.
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

So.. in the last few hours the "you can get your stuff in waves" option ends up being "only if you can find a local friend to go in with you", they bump a $10 figure to $15, and the "add-ons are ONLY add-ons" thing gets reversed.
/sigh

   
Made in de
Decrepit Dakkanaut







 Hulksmash wrote:
You guys must have missed Kroothawk saying we're experiencing the surge right now!!!!!


Hive Fleet Ouroboros (my Tyranid blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/286852.page
The Dusk-Wraiths of Szith Morcane (my Dark Eldar blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/364786.page
Kroothawk's Malifaux Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/455759.page
If you want to understand the concept of the "Greater Good", read this article, and you never again call Tau commies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism 
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

It's an increase in the last few days, not quite a surge, and definitely not a spike. Several days around the Day2 level isn't a bad thing, though. I don't think (m)any of us expected to see something like DeadZone, as front-loaded as this campaign was.



Funny how two different graphs showing the same information in different ways can give off such different impressions, though.

   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




Today's been a pretty sweet day and a lot can happen in 14h. Already at 604k
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
I'm not sure it's anything to do with the campaign,

even Cthulhu Wars which ends in only a days time is not showing much of a bounce



It could be that people are (finally) starting to back before the end of a KS to help hit stretches,

or more likely it's just a bad idea to end on a weekend just after the 4th July when Americans (who are the group who are most likely to be spending money) are both poor (as they spend money on 4th July celebrations/holidays etc) and are even more likely to not be around than on a normal weekend (when pledges tend to be lower) as they may be on a long weekend and actually away.


Who knows anymore?!?

This is the interesting one on Cthulhu Wars:



But then, you know what they say about statistics!
   
Made in de
Camouflaged Zero






 Azazelx wrote:
So.. in the last few hours the "you can get your stuff in waves" option ends up being "only if you can find a local friend to go in with you", they bump a $10 figure to $15, and the "add-ons are ONLY add-ons" thing gets reversed.
/sigh


No, you can still get the wave shipping alone, it just incurs an extra cost unlike the option where you share a delivery spot and everyone involved pays the standard shipping fare. It's just an extra option. The $10 banner carrier was a mistake, they corrected it before the end of the KS campaign and anyone not okay with that change has the chance to drop their pledge.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

I think we should all just agree to disagree on what a "spike / surge / bump" is and just enjoy the final day. I certainly wish this no ill will, and am very happy that the Kurganova nurse at 615K looks like a shoo-in (one of the better concept art pieces, imo). And the Jailbird trike was just unlocked.

Given the logistics of fulfilling this, it's probably better for it not to completely blow up... currently sitting at 2,500 backers and 605K, that's still somewhat manageable.... somewhat
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

I think it's more the 2500 backers than the excess money that could cause problems, honestly.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

 Minx wrote:

No, you can still get the wave shipping alone, it just incurs an extra cost unlike the option where you share a delivery spot and everyone involved pays the standard shipping fare. It's just an extra option. The $10 banner carrier was a mistake, they corrected it before the end of the KS campaign and anyone not okay with that change has the chance to drop their pledge.


Ah ok, I misunderstood their update then. Thanks for the clarification.

The banner should have been rectified a couple of weeks ago, rather than this late, as a lot of people will have finalised their pledge by now (or so they thought!) and may not even be around for the finale.

   
Made in us
Mutating Changebringer





Pennsylvania

By the by, I don't think this image was poste din an update ('cause, why would you want people to know about your cool stuff? N.B., this is a front page image and will almost certainly break once they update the front page, but it's the "Uber-Stretch Goals");


   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







The Werewolves and the Jetgirls - so much potential awesome...I hope we get there!
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

 Mathieu Raymond wrote:
I think it's more the 2500 backers than the excess money that could cause problems, honestly.

Agreed, unfortunately :-/

Buzzsaw, I hadn't seen that image, thanks! I'd love to see the full art, rather than just silhouettes, of the werewolves... but I'd be shocked if this made it anywhere close to that (I'm guessing 625 - 630K for an end mark... werewolves are at 665K).
   
Made in de
Camouflaged Zero






 Azazelx wrote:
The banner should have been rectified a couple of weeks ago, rather than this late, as a lot of people will have finalised their pledge by now (or so they thought!) and may not even be around for the finale.


You are right, it's cutting it a bit too close. At least the PayPal option will be opened for a short while longer to rectify such problems (and the missing shipping costs).
   
Made in gr
Thermo-Optical Spekter





Greece

I still maintain this point should have been in the middle of the campaign, not the end.
   
Made in us
Mutating Changebringer





Pennsylvania

Alpharius wrote:The Werewolves and the Jetgirls - so much potential awesome...I hope we get there!


RiTides wrote:
 Mathieu Raymond wrote:
I think it's more the 2500 backers than the excess money that could cause problems, honestly.

Agreed, unfortunately :-/

Buzzsaw, I hadn't seen that image, thanks! I'd love to see the full art, rather than just silhouettes, of the werewolves... but I'd be shocked if this made it anywhere close to that (I'm guessing 625 - 630K for an end mark... werewolves are at 665K).


Just to be clear, the Jetgirls are available (see update #59).

As for how far it goes... I am not confident they will make it to the werewolves (I asked them to put the art into an actual update rather then let it languish on the bottom of the front page), but it is possible.

A more substantial proportion of funding for this campaign then is usual for a KS Campaign seems to be coming from European backers, who have a much greater proportion of Sunday to pledge.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 PsychoticStorm wrote:
I still maintain this point should have been in the middle of the campaign, not the end.


No matter how emphatically I may agree with you, I fear it is out of our hands now.

As an aside, damn, those shewolves will be huge! The price surprised me, then I remembered...

@Jen the Viking: Werewolves will be big pieces, just slightly smaller than a Mecha and larger than Kiki Bulldozer. They will not be soled as a Unit, but as Heroines, as they are actually Were-She-Wolves (don't know if I'm spelling this right...). And as it turns out, it's looking like we will have 4 different models!


Slightly smaller then a Mech? Yikes...

I smell a sexy proxy for Warpwolves in my Circle army...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/07/06 22:31:34


   
Made in eg
Fresh-Faced New User




Cairo/New York

I can't afford the IE trike, so am a bit upset that it looks so much better than the regular bikes. Ah well.

I will be heartbroken if we don't reach that extra Lulu, though. :<
   
Made in au
Nimble Dark Rider




Does anyone know how long the Paypal is going to be open for?

I don't get paid until Wednesday,
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Berlin

If I remember right it is at least a week, they don't have a definite answer yet but wednesday shouldn't be a problem GBL.

 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

1 week from the end IIRC.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: