Switch Theme:

Kill Team 2021 news & rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Trustworthy Shas'vre






 GiToRaZor wrote:
There are multiplayer missions in there?....oh crap and here I thought I could spare my pile of shame this growth for another 3 months.....does anyone want to have the Breachers and/or Kroot?

Quick question: Are they any good?

We've played a lot of 3 player rounds and the balancing always tilts in round 2 and makes the games less enjoyable. Is there a systematic solution for this in there or is it still: people better have foresight in round 1....


The multiplayer missions are in the Annual 2022 book (which is the last item GW made for KT21S1), not in Into the Dark box. I just bought both at the same time.

the multiplayer rules themselves are pretty basic. Games use two gameboards instead of one, Tac Ops are not used, and iniative is rolled off every turn by all players involved.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/09/16 12:20:01


 
   
Made in de
Hardened Veteran Guardsman




Knee deep in bone ash, gore and mud

 tauist wrote:
 GiToRaZor wrote:
There are multiplayer missions in there?....oh crap and here I thought I could spare my pile of shame this growth for another 3 months.....does anyone want to have the Breachers and/or Kroot?

Quick question: Are they any good?

We've played a lot of 3 player rounds and the balancing always tilts in round 2 and makes the games less enjoyable. Is there a systematic solution for this in there or is it still: people better have foresight in round 1....


The multiplayer missions are in the Annual 2022 book (which is the last item GW made for KT21S1), not in Into the Dark box. I just bought both at the same time.

the multiplayer rules themselves are pretty basic. Games use two gameboards instead of one, Tac Ops are not used, and iniative is rolled off every turn by all players involved.



Well thank you. That sounds pretty bad. we also started with a double map at first and developed modifications that the initiative roll works with 3 players. The problem is though, that simply doesn't work out. With a double map, one player will always have a massive advantage, since you can't really triangle it. Our solution now is that we came up with an hexogon board cutout of 2 joined boards and always reinterpret the mission zones. That works better. But as said, in turn 2 usually the balance shifts. Either 2 players hack each other apart and there is a laughing third (the usual outcome from the double map btw) or 2 players grind one in between them. The only way to stop it is to plan for that in turn 1 already and place some models in an indicicive start position. The hexagon helps here very well, since it shortens the distances.
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

 GiToRaZor wrote:
 tauist wrote:
 GiToRaZor wrote:
There are multiplayer missions in there?....oh crap and here I thought I could spare my pile of shame this growth for another 3 months.....does anyone want to have the Breachers and/or Kroot?

Quick question: Are they any good?

We've played a lot of 3 player rounds and the balancing always tilts in round 2 and makes the games less enjoyable. Is there a systematic solution for this in there or is it still: people better have foresight in round 1....


The multiplayer missions are in the Annual 2022 book (which is the last item GW made for KT21S1), not in Into the Dark box. I just bought both at the same time.

the multiplayer rules themselves are pretty basic. Games use two gameboards instead of one, Tac Ops are not used, and iniative is rolled off every turn by all players involved.



Well thank you. That sounds pretty bad. we also started with a double map at first and developed modifications that the initiative roll works with 3 players. The problem is though, that simply doesn't work out. With a double map, one player will always have a massive advantage, since you can't really triangle it. Our solution now is that we came up with an hexogon board cutout of 2 joined boards and always reinterpret the mission zones. That works better. But as said, in turn 2 usually the balance shifts. Either 2 players hack each other apart and there is a laughing third (the usual outcome from the double map btw) or 2 players grind one in between them. The only way to stop it is to plan for that in turn 1 already and place some models in an indicicive start position. The hexagon helps here very well, since it shortens the distances.


Just have one player play two Kill Teams, while the other two are allied against them. Unless you are trying to do a free for all, having somebody run an extra Kill Team is the easiest way to solve your problem.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

 Gregor Samsa wrote:
The amount of diagrams demonstrating edge-cases in how LOS works in relation to the "tight quarters" and hiding behind crevices in walls is making me pass on this one. Its just too convoluted.

This new edition of KT is a HUGE step-up from the last one, but the cover and LOS mechanics need more work to be made more fluid.


I feel it is secretly simple, but that explanation is hidden away in the warp somewhere, and until then we are scratching heads.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Haighus wrote:
I'd much rather an upgrade sprue for Scions, as they have a long history of completing infiltration missions and other special operations that Kill Team is all about.


Do they need it?

As it stands you can build
Officer with options, including fancy cloak
Servo skull which I guess would be EP, but could be a recon thing
Sarge
Trooper
Grenades to make grenadier
Medic who could have the option of some kind of apothecary tool
Standard Bearer
Vox-caster
Plasma
Melta
Flamer
Grenade Launcher
Hot shot volley
And if they can bare the consequences of mixing kits, a sniper (unlikely I know, but I did build Scion Snipers for my valkries, BHD style...)

Throw in some 'elite' equipment like melta bombs, tweak the tactical ploys and the like and you have a decent team.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/09/23 16:46:16


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







We seem to have a Kill Team Balance Dataslate, though as I don't play the game I've got no idea how big a deal what's within it is...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

The Phobos Strike Team started off well in June, but as their popularity has increased, their win rate has fallen behind. They’ve performed better than average in terms of podiums and event wins, so we believe they are a high-skill team with great potential. They can struggle, however, against other elite teams such as the popular Heretic Astartes Legionaries and the new Intercession Squad teams, so we’ve given them a new Strategic Ploy that will be particularly useful against those teams – we will continue to track their progress.


Great shame - I had hoped they would get a Phobos Eliminator to complete the armour set as it were.
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Oh dear, those poor Phobos guys. Even with the entire compendium listed as a single block they’re still doing worse than the “get you by” lists. Ouch.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





I like incompetence of whatever clown GW put in charge of Primaris range. "Hmm, Phobos struggle because they have zero access to melee weapons (unless you're Ultramarine or Salamander for some weird reason)? Even what was supposed to be frakking dedicated melee unit of the whole Primaris lineup? And no melta guns or other special weapons or explosives to make them actually dangerous up close when they infiltrate (which is their whole job, really), bolters only? And now we need to fix them in the game of 'your dudes' where every model is heavily converted and uses lots of bits from other kits we sell? Eureka! Yes, I know, let's give them useless, immersion breaking magic shooting stratagem! And certainly not plug big glaring hole in their lineup, even though models and bits for it already exist! Genius!"
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Not just bolters: 3 different kinds of bolters. And a grappling hook launcher!

Yay Phobos!

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Battleship Captain





The Shire(s)

The_Real_Chris wrote:
 Gregor Samsa wrote:
The amount of diagrams demonstrating edge-cases in how LOS works in relation to the "tight quarters" and hiding behind crevices in walls is making me pass on this one. Its just too convoluted.

This new edition of KT is a HUGE step-up from the last one, but the cover and LOS mechanics need more work to be made more fluid.


I feel it is secretly simple, but that explanation is hidden away in the warp somewhere, and until then we are scratching heads.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Haighus wrote:
I'd much rather an upgrade sprue for Scions, as they have a long history of completing infiltration missions and other special operations that Kill Team is all about.


Do they need it?

As it stands you can build
Officer with options, including fancy cloak
Servo skull which I guess would be EP, but could be a recon thing
Sarge
Trooper
Grenades to make grenadier
Medic who could have the option of some kind of apothecary tool
Standard Bearer
Vox-caster
Plasma
Melta
Flamer
Grenade Launcher
Hot shot volley
And if they can bare the consequences of mixing kits, a sniper (unlikely I know, but I did build Scion Snipers for my valkries, BHD style...)

Throw in some 'elite' equipment like melta bombs, tweak the tactical ploys and the like and you have a decent team.

Eh, can still add some neat new options methinks. Add actual bits for a grenadier/demolition specialist, spotter/scout specialist, melee specialist, and so on. I'm sure there are other options I haven't thought of from the top of my head.

GW is not encouraging kitbashing anymore, so the options need to be in the kit (like snipers- no way they'd add this without new parts).

Come to think of it, GW could release an upgrade sprue for Scions specifically with parts for Inquisitorial stormtroopers, that would be ace. We will probably get Kasrkin though...

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche






Cairo, Egypt

 The Phazer wrote:


There have been significant rumours at this point that the next box is Kasarkin versus Necrons (with a Tau-esque upgrade sprue) and the box after that is Khornegors. With Adeptus Arbites coming soonish (but probably the first box next year, they don't really fit the Gollowdark tbh).


Arbites?

Where did this come from?

Inquiring Judges want to know.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

 Irbis wrote:
Eureka! Yes, I know, let's give them useless, immersion breaking magic shooting stratagem! And certainly not plug big glaring hole in their lineup, even though models and bits for it already exist! Genius!"


Or, since we exist to sell models, why not add eliminators (in phobos armour) to the team to handle elites like legionnaires. Would fit, use all the phobos option in one squad, Heavy would stop it dominating... nah. Random special rule.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Fireknife Shas'el





Leicester

Free 40K rules for armsmen, Kroot, Starstriders, Traitor guard and Gellerpox:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/28/special-forces-enter-open-warfare-with-free-warhammer-40000-rules-for-five-kill-teams/

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in fi
Trustworthy Shas'vre






I like this alot. Makes sense to be able to use all the minis for both games, as they are set in the same timeline and setting.
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull






Yay, more mixed, muddled load-outs. And free upgrades. And arbitrarily locked weapon combos (how dare anyone try to use a bolt pistol with a chainsword! Oh, no just navy sergeants. Chaos sergeants are free to do that. But they can't have more than one guy taking sniper rifles or plasma guns to the battle, that's just gauche).

And magic AP reduction spreads yet further. How many more books before they just admit that they screw up the AP system?

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in fi
Trustworthy Shas'vre






latest gossip on the next KT21S2 box, Karskin (new team) vs Necrons (upgrade sprue team):




If these turn out to be on point, the next box will get a firm pass from me. I'll just get the Campaign book & Karskin kit separately when they get their individual releases.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Gathering the Informations.

I have a hard time believing this. I really do.

We JUST got Into the Dark. It went up on September 3rd for preorders.

No frigging way is this a Gallowdark set, or if it is then GW needs to reevaluate what they consider to be "quarters".

That all being said...it does have the possibility of being a replacement for the "current" KT starter of Kommandos v Krieg. Especially as they could just be reusing the terrain from Pariah Nexus.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/09/28 18:27:22


 
   
Made in gb
Huge Hierodule






 Kanluwen wrote:
I have a hard time believing this. I really do.

We JUST got Into the Dark. It went up on September 3rd for preorders.

No frigging way is this a Gallowdark set, or if it is then GW needs to reevaluate what they consider to be "quarters".

That all being said...it does have the possibility of being a replacement for the "current" KT starter of Kommandos v Krieg. Especially as they could just be reusing the terrain from Pariah Nexus.


It would be perfectly on track for a quarterly schedule if the next gallowdark box was revealed during October then go on sale at the end of Nov / first week of Dec. The last few KT boxes have been unveiled 4-6 weeks after the previous one, so we'll likely see this confirmed or disproven soon. The 40k anniversary preview is when I'd bet to see some news.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Gathering the Informations.

That's not what he was saying in the video though. He said copies have already gone out to reviewers.
   
Made in fi
Trustworthy Shas'vre






I could see the next box going into preorder on the first week of November, with a box reveal sometime early October. Would just about qualify as a 3 month pause between boxes.

Perhaps GW needs to bring the next box out early, their release plans for Xmas season might be all maxed out so they need to bring the box a lil early to make room for other shinies..
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





the boxes are one per quarter, it does not have to be exactly 3 months.

the box of chaos vs cosairs, it took well over 3 months.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






It's nice that the Traitor Guardsmen rules screw anybody who adopted them early in Blackstone Fortress.
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 Lord Damocles wrote:
It's nice that the Traitor Guardsmen rules screw anybody who adopted them early in Blackstone Fortress.

What you mean?

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






The Blackstone traitors are seven-strong and half of them have melee weapons.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut





I'm still disappointed that the melee pistol combination wasn't an option for kill Team, would have made a great difference to the Krieg veterans
   
Made in us
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot




Oakland, CA

Yeah, I'm having a tough time swallowing this one.

Those are two forces that would really seem forced in the scope of the Gallowdark.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Voss wrote:


Yay, more mixed, muddled load-outs. And free upgrades. And arbitrarily locked weapon combos (how dare anyone try to use a bolt pistol with a chainsword! Oh, no just navy sergeants. Chaos sergeants are free to do that. But they can't have more than one guy taking sniper rifles or plasma guns to the battle, that's just gauche).

And magic AP reduction spreads yet further. How many more books before they just admit that they screw up the AP system?

To be fair, Kroot having access to more than one Accelerator Bow would be incredibly gamebreaking, so it's obviously a deliberate balance reason.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Richmond, VA

 Lord Damocles wrote:
It's nice that the Traitor Guardsmen rules screw anybody who adopted them early in Blackstone Fortress.

That's part of GW's vision plan at this point: Screw over Chaos players.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

hope the kasrkin vs crons rumor turns out true, as that would put to rest a lot of BS tied to "kasrkin vs genestrealers" rumors.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







I would like a Necron glow-up sprue.

Posters on ignore list: 35

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: