Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: eNvY  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Hunter with Harpoon Laucher

Castle Clarkenstein

I recently held an auction at my store. The format is a live auction, but we have allowed people to put in silent bids. If no one bids over the amount they put in, they win the item for that amount. I used to take bids from Dakka, but after numerous people then changed their minds and didn’t pay, I dedided this time to only take them from DCM’s. A couple of people sent messages asking if they could bid. I turned them down, but this gentleman offered to pay up front. I decided that if he was that serious about bidding, I would just take his bids normally, and trust him. Sadly, it hasn’t worked out, and I was encouraged to post up a transaction report. He has not communicated with me since he sent me his bids for the auction.

This isn't a situation where I can pass the items on to the next person. I just get to keep them for myself, and have already paid out the trade credit to the people that put them in the auction. I can't screw the sellers when a buyer doesn't pay up like this. In the future, I won't be taking bids from anyone that is not at the auction in person.

His first message:

From: eNvY

To: mikhaila

Date: 2010/10/01 22:40:14
Subject: Auction Question

While I'm not in your area, I'd still like to get in on this action.

I understand your no internet bids policy, but what if I sent you the bid money before the auction, and then you just refund it to me if I don't win?

My reply:
From: mikhaila

To: eNvY

Date: 2010/10/01 23:12:46
Subject: Re:Auction Question

Tell you what, just turn in your bids and I'll trust you on it. Anyone willing to pay up first deserves a chance.)

It's funny, some of the guys that had "financial crisis" last time, (actual quote), kept right on trading on the boards, and even tried to send me bids this time.)

Let me know what you want to bid on by sometime tomorrow. Sunday morning I go into panic mode and stay off the internet.

He put in some bids:
From: eNvY

To: mikhaila

Date: 2010/10/02 00:47:20
Subject: Re:Re:Auction Question

Alrighty:

1 Carnifex: Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler - $20
2 Carnifex: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, white primered - $35
4 13 Genestealers - $20
10 10 Genestealers - $15
11 10 Genestealers - $15
12 10 Genestealers - $15
14 10 Genestealers - $15
15 10 Genestealers - $15
21 3 Tyrant Guard - $35
25 Swarmlord Conversion, unpainted - $60
27 Carnifex with twin Scything talons - $25

Would it be possible to get a picture of the Swarmlord conversion? If it's well done, I'm willing to pay a bit for it, but I've seen some crappy ones as well.

And that’s the last he has messaged me, even though I’ve sent several to him. He’s posting on Dakka, so I know he’s seen the messages.
From: mikhaila

To: eNvY

Date: 2010/10/06 02:25:13
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Auction Question

Hiya,
Just finishing up the auction paperwork. You won the following:

1 Carnifex: Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler - $20
2 Carnifex: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, white primered - $35
4 13 Genestealers - $20
10 10 Genestealers - $15
11 10 Genestealers - $15
12 10 Genestealers - $15
14 10 Genestealers - $15
15 10 Genestealers - $15

25 Swarmlord Conversion, unpainted - $60
27 Carnifex with twin Scything talons - $25

Total is 235.00 plus shipping, which should be about 8.00 Total of 243.00

You can send a paypal to Mikenjudyc@aol.com and I'll get these out to you.

From: mikhaila

To: eNvY

Date: 2010/10/12 13:12:52
Subject: Auction Items

Hi,
I wanted to check up on payment for the auction items you won, as I hadn't heard back from you. I've already had to give the person who's stuff you won his payment, so I'd like to get a paypal from you and ship out your stuff.

If for any reason there is some problem, please contact me.

Mike

Hiya,
Just finishing up the auction paperwork. You won the following:

1 Carnifex: Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler - $20
2 Carnifex: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, white primered - $35
4 13 Genestealers - $20
10 10 Genestealers - $15
11 10 Genestealers - $15
12 10 Genestealers - $15
14 10 Genestealers - $15
15 10 Genestealers - $15

25 Swarmlord Conversion, unpainted - $60
27 Carnifex with twin Scything talons - $25

Total is 235.00 plus shipping, which should be about 8.00 Total of 243.

....and lo!.....The Age of Sigmar came to an end when Saint Veetock and his hamster legions smote the false Sigmar and destroyed the bubbleverse and lead the true believers back to the Old World.

Made in us
Grey Knight Purgator firing around corners

Lewiston, Id

wow.. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you man and I'm sorry that people of this nature ruin future endeavors for the rest of us. Here's hoping you get this resolved man.

5000pts
5000pts
5000pts
3000pts

Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

Hopefully this gets eNvY's attention. I'm not sure why people would think they can back out after putting in their bids...

By the way, the swarmlord conversion is excellent, as I saw it in-person.

Jin and I talked about this, and I guess if eNvY does not fulfill his commitment, you could just sell these items to re-coup the cost of the store credit. That's a pain, though, and not something you should have to go through after already selling them through the auction.

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Eternal Plague

The biggest problem with covering a large area of bids with good offers is that if you do, you run the risk of actually getting everything you want.

For online bids, you can quickly get alot of items if you made good bids. When I bid, I make mainly lowball offers I could cover on all of them in case I did win most.

EDIT: eNvY's last message was this early morning, so he should see this Transaction Report to respond.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/10/21 13:06:33

Made in us
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM

I've played with Envy, he's not a shifty guy but is hard to get ahold of, I'll PM you some contact info for him.

Godforge custom 3d printing / professional level casting masters and design:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GodForge

Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

That's very helpful Grundz... thanks! Especially if you have a phone number that you can send to mikhaila. That's always been the fastest way to resolve things for me with people that are out of contact.

Please let us know if you're able to get a hold of him by other means, mikhaila.

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: