Switch Theme:

"Heads-up: Price Adjustment, New Releases!" - GW  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
And use those vouchers you bought with a discount the other week!

   
Made in gb
Incorporating Wet-Blending





UK

Mantic celebrates the price change in their own sassy way, a 15% off coupon on everything for the rest of the month:

https://www.manticgames.com/news/heads-up-price-adjustment/
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 scarletsquig wrote:
Mantic celebrates the price change in their own sassy way, a 15% off coupon on everything for the rest of the month:

https://www.manticgames.com/news/heads-up-price-adjustment/


Wow that will.be like a percentage for each person who plays their systems
   
Made in ro
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Obispudkenobi wrote:
 scarletsquig wrote:
Mantic celebrates the price change in their own sassy way, a 15% off coupon on everything for the rest of the month:

https://www.manticgames.com/news/heads-up-price-adjustment/


Wow that will.be like a percentage for each person who plays their systems

That's why they have multiple game systems and a constant stream of new/updated models, as well as a third edition of their flagship game out.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/05/24 05:12:54


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Edit: snippy, no point, not really sure what I was thinking.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/05/23 16:07:07


 
   
Made in us
Charging Dragon Prince





West Lafayette, IN

Whelp, time for all of you who stay current to save up for the new edition.

www.classichammer.com

For 4-6th WFB, 2-5th 40k, and similar timeframe gaming

Looking for dice from the new AOS boxed set and Dark Imperium on the cheap. Let me know if you can help.
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Its AoS, it doesn't have to make sense.
 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

I'm really sorry cause I can't find it in this thread, what are the new Cadian prices and is Necromunda going up?

 
   
Made in gb
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus




United Kingdom

 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
I'm really sorry cause I can't find it in this thread, what are the new Cadian prices and is Necromunda going up?


Both Cadian boxes are going up £2.50 (to £22.50) in the UK, and we've not seen any Necromunda mentioned yet.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Just Tony wrote:
Whelp, time for all of you who stay current to save up for the new edition.


It's going to be pricey to be sure. I'm predicting the new codex drops will come in about 50 to 60 USD standard. I'd caution people who don't like tossing their cash into the fire to just keep up with the army you'll actually play and only when you are going to be able to play. As is I don't foresee when this year I'll even get a chance to play another game so I'm no rush personally.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
I think GW has a (IMO justified) perception that customers will be willing to pay more for a higher-quality kit even if that kit is a 'remaster' of an older model.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
I think GW has a (IMO justified) perception that customers will be willing to pay more for a higher-quality kit even if that kit is a 'remaster' of an older model.

But why increase the price of the OLD kit when it's shortly going to be replaced anyway?
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




Because they get the collector's mindset.

Some will not like it because it isn't the old kit, some won't want the new kit because they don't match the old kit, so profit on the rush before the price rise, then profit on the rush before the kit is retired. Then profit on the new kit.

Its like the underpants gnomes joke, except:
Step 1: Profit
Step 2: Also Profit
Step 3: Profit some more.

As a bonus, it helps clear excess stock that would otherwise just be destroyed (as I seriously doubt they're going to bother making new casts of the current kit after showing off the replacement)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/05/23 20:19:23


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Lord Damocles wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
I think GW has a (IMO justified) perception that customers will be willing to pay more for a higher-quality kit even if that kit is a 'remaster' of an older model.

But why increase the price of the OLD kit when it's shortly going to be replaced anyway?
I assume because omitting kits from the price increases would be a dead giveaway that they are getting replaced, and GW wants to maintain more control over their previews than that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/05/23 20:19:52


Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in at
'Jack Scrapper




Austria

 Lord Damocles wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
I think GW has a (IMO justified) perception that customers will be willing to pay more for a higher-quality kit even if that kit is a 'remaster' of an older model.

But why increase the price of the OLD kit when it's shortly going to be replaced anyway?

because people are more likley to accept the price increase with the new box if the gab is smaller

old box is 20, new one is 30 is hard but if you raise the old box to 25 some time before people will say that just 5 more for shiny new stuff is ok

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







 Arbitrator wrote:
Obispudkenobi wrote:

Wow that will.be like a percentage for each person who plays their systems

That's why they have multiple game systems and a constant stream of new/updated models, as well as a third edition of their flagship game out.

No matter how many times you shill for Games Workshop, they're not going to give you any free models. Sorry.

For your own sake, I hope that last line was a poor attempt at humor rather than an earnestly held belief. It'd be far less embarrassing for you to be an abysmal comedian than a conspiracy theorist.

"Was wir nicht hassen, das lieben wir nicht." 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
I think GW has a (IMO justified) perception that customers will be willing to pay more for a higher-quality kit even if that kit is a 'remaster' of an older model.

But why increase the price of the OLD kit when it's shortly going to be replaced anyway?
I assume because omitting kits from the price increases would be a dead giveaway that they are getting replaced, and GW wants to maintain more control over their previews than that.

Well they sure did control that information for all of twelve hours before revealing the new kit...

Destroyers and Monoliths didn't increase, but they're getting replaced too.
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

I mean, I’ve received free minis (from GW even) for shilling. But I had to do it in person, by the sweat on my brow.

They weren’t so pricey back then, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/05/23 22:27:08


   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Lord Damocles wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
Buy your Necron Warriors now before the price rises and then the kit is replaced by one with more options in it!

Am I doing business right, GW?
I think GW has a (IMO justified) perception that customers will be willing to pay more for a higher-quality kit even if that kit is a 'remaster' of an older model.

But why increase the price of the OLD kit when it's shortly going to be replaced anyway?
I assume because omitting kits from the price increases would be a dead giveaway that they are getting replaced, and GW wants to maintain more control over their previews than that.

Well they sure did control that information for all of twelve hours before revealing the new kit...

Destroyers and Monoliths didn't increase, but they're getting replaced too.
Were it my choice I would not have raised the price of the old kit (and/or 25 for the new one, for that matter), but putting myself in the mindset of GWs perspective I can see why they did it even if I do not agree.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/05/24 01:24:27


Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I mean GW is worth all the good will, they care only about you, their love is strange, not like ours. They love us, by charging us ever more money for the same offerings. They should be called Games WorkshopDD, with the Double Ds for a Double Dip of their price adjustments game.
   
Made in fi
Crazed Wardancer





Just a little reminder that the prices go up (sorry, "are adjusted") from Monday onwards, so if there was something on the list you wanted anyway, you may want to pick it up this weekend before it increases as much as 20% in some cases.
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

Or, alternatively, take advantage of Mantic's sale, Flying Frog's sale, and Miniature Market's sale to find a new game.

   
Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User



SoCal

returning player here, I'm about to purchase my first boxes of CSM...
So I'm assuming they are dropping prices of some old models (I'm interested into Talons and Raptors) because new -pricey- designs are around the corner ?
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






I don't believe GW has ever dropped the prices of anything outside of special offers. Buy now before the stuff gets more expensive.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 Arbitrator wrote:
Obispudkenobi wrote:
 scarletsquig wrote:
Mantic celebrates the price change in their own sassy way, a 15% off coupon on everything for the rest of the month:

https://www.manticgames.com/news/heads-up-price-adjustment/


Wow that will.be like a percentage for each person who plays their systems

That's why they have multiple game systems and a constant stream of new/updated models, as well as a third edition of their flagship game out.


And I'm sure all 15 customers will be pleased to hear you say that.
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

Yeah, lol on Mantic for not taking their customers for granted and squeezing them for all they’ll give before tossing them aside like a sack of moldy tangerines.

   
Made in us
Raging Ravener




North Carolina

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
Yeah, lol on Mantic for not taking their customers for granted and squeezing them for all they’ll give before tossing them aside like a sack of moldy tangerines.


Right!? Imagine gakking on them in this thread. Not that I want to post reddit/4chan tier memes but some people just want to CONSOOOOOOOOM.

I'm not going to stop buying GW because I'm a stupid addict. That said, I've slowed purchases to a trickle. But I will cringe every time I press that purchase button and maybe one day I'll be in a position where my bank account won't be able to take the hit. I hope I'll be able to fully stop then...
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




earth

Well I checked the pre-releases today and quite frankly my head exploded ...I am I think pretty much done with "chasing the GDW plastic train" . I have walls of un-built GDW plastics and thousands of points built .Enough to last a lifetime . I have stopped buying the endless train of rulebooks through sheer exhaustion of trying to keep up. I think it is time to go back to my origins and start playing Rogue Trader again ....
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





I agree that keeping up with changing rules and editions is to exhausting to continue. Man I miss 5th edition... it was so much fun.
   
Made in us
Wicked Canoptek Wraith




Sentient Void

Since I can now purchase a Saga army for the same price as one Necron Scythe model I will do that. Thank you GW for helping me justify more models purchases!

Member of the Coalition for an Asmodee buy out of Games Workshop 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: