Switch Theme:

Chaos Daemons codex, news and rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Lesser Daemon of Chaos




While looking for something else I did see a leak saying 10-20 for Daemonettes. So maybe not locked to 10, but lets assume they are.
Leggy wrote:

Horrors 15pts
Plaguebearers 15pts
Bloodletters 13pts
Daemonettes 12pts

Seems quite pricey, but I'm guessing if they are max squad size 10 they might get a free icon and instrument or they'll cost 5 points each, but I don't think we know what they do yet so easy to ignore that for now.

10 Pink Horrors would spawn on average 6.67 Blue Horrors if the rule is you split on a 5+ after you died (and get 2 Blue Horrors which would be the lore correct amount). If we assume Blues also split on a 5+ that gets you 2.22 Brimstone Horrors. 150 points for 18 wounds is pretty good even if the Blues/Brims are running weaker saves, but if say the Pinks are 6+/3+, Blues 6+/4+ and Brims 6+/5+ they would be very durable.

130 points for Bloodletters. Compare to Fulgurite Electro-Priests 140 points. M6 WS3 S5 T4 W1 A2 Ld6 DSv 5+/4+ vs M6 WS3 S3 T3 W1 A2 Ld8 Inv5+ Electo staff is +2S getting to S5 AP2 D2. The Bloodletter sword is AP3 D2.

120 points for Daemonettes. Compare to Harlequin Troupes 130 points for base sword loadout. M7 WS3 S4 T3 W1 A4 Ld6 DSv4+/5+ or 5+/4+ not sure vs M8 WS3 S3 T3 W1 A4 Ld8 Inv4+. The basic sword on the Harlie is +1A 1AP. The Claws on the Daemonettes are AP2.

Bloodletters and Daemonettes look to be in the right rough area. If they all get free proper deepstrike minimum (9" away anywhere on the board), have obsec and have a suite of HQ auras/strats/wl traits/relics that buff them up they could be anywhere from "ok" to "why GW why?".
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

If the units are locked into units of 10 then Im going to need some more unit leaders and icon/stamdard bearer types -_-

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in us
Haemonculi Flesh Apprentice






So WSP are basically command points by another name, great because the game needed another resource system to track

Would have been cleaner to just have the warp storm generate CP, I get why they didn't, because there are too many broken stratagems which is why Nephilim had to reduce CP, but I think that in itself is telling.

It's wild how obvious the edition needs a total reset again.

I do like that Demons are getting some love finally and the units all seem much stronger. It's just a shame it's coming so late in 9th and yet we still have how many armies left? 3? 4 if Space Marines get their usual 2.0 for 9th.

   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






I miss Epi doing a global buff to Nurgle units based on the tally of models killed. It varied in effectiveness between game and edition but I still liked running him anyways because it was fun. Now in both AoS and 40k his functionality has changed to a comparatively lame provider of consumable resources.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.

I try to view Warhammer as more of a toolbox with examples than fully complete games. 
   
Made in us
Twisting Tzeentch Horror





Not sure if the rumors for flamers and screamers were posted here yet, but here is a link to them on Fait

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2022/08/chaos-daemons-flamers-40k-rumors-soul.html
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Do we know the Beasts of Nurgle stats and rules yet?
   
Made in gb
Twisted Trueborn with Blaster



Shropshire

 xeen wrote:
Not sure if the rumors for flamers and screamers were posted here yet, but here is a link to them on Fait

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2022/08/chaos-daemons-flamers-40k-rumors-soul.html


These are out of date. Flamers are apparently d6+3 shots now. 25pts each. Max unit 6. The source was very excited about them.

"Marion! For Gods sake, you're going to die!"
"Ah, but then I'll wake up in a magical fantasy world, filled with virgins!"
"You mean Games Workshop?" Mongrels

"Realism? THESE ARE SPACE ELVES!!" - My friend Jordan during an argument about rule abstraction 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

Leggy wrote:
Max unit 6.


Wat.

Thats Slaaneshes sacred number.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Yeah. I have 9 Screamers. And 9 Flamers.

Grr...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in fr
Lesser Daemon of Chaos






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Yeah. I have 9 Screamers. And 9 Flamers.

Grr...


Something tells me we'll all have some restructuring to do when the dex drops.

-"For the Ruinous Powers!" 
   
Made in nz
Been Around the Block




I'm pretty skeptical about some of these rumours. For example, it seems implausible that the GUO bilesword will stay at d6 damage, given the prevalence of d3+3 damage we see everywhere, and the sheer size of the sword on the model. Also, the plague drones stats and weapons just seem bizarre.

IDK, I think I'll wait to pass judgement. I just really hope that GDs will not be restricted to one person detachment, as monster mash should be a feasible build as long as point costs are appropriate, IMO.
   
Made in us
Intoxicated Centigor





I haven't written an army list since like 6th edition. So if anyone could help me understand this a little better.

That Daemonic Brood Brothers. How does that work? I see it let's you take 25% of daemons of a specific god depending on your allegiance.

I plan to play WE when I bet book comes out. So I can take 25% khorne daemons? I'm assuming points cost. So 500pnts in a 2k list. Do they need there own seperate detachment though? Or would I be able to just take a unit of bloodcrushers to be an elite(I'm just guessing they are an elite choice) just filling in towards that 25% + unit slot in my normal WE army detachments?
   
Made in us
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend





Gurnee, IL

 Rogzor87 wrote:
I haven't written an army list since like 6th edition. So if anyone could help me understand this a little better.

That Daemonic Brood Brothers. How does that work? I see it let's you take 25% of daemons of a specific god depending on your allegiance.

I plan to play WE when I bet book comes out. So I can take 25% khorne daemons? I'm assuming points cost. So 500pnts in a 2k list. Do they need there own seperate detachment though? Or would I be able to just take a unit of bloodcrushers to be an elite(I'm just guessing they are an elite choice) just filling in towards that 25% + unit slot in my normal WE army detachments?


According to the rumors you would need a seperate detachment of Chaos Daemons.

"Fear the cute ones." 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Yeah. I have 9 Screamers. And 9 Flamers.

Grr...


27 of each for me...

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Chaos Sorcerer




The dark hollows of Kentucky

 Dysartes wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
 Matt.Kingsley wrote:
Especially if it can combo with Ld modifier (which I assume it will). Anything that makes them more useful outside of "kill more" mechanics is welcome.


NL seem to be a good ally for daemons when this is true.

And as Gadzilla keeps pointing out, there is nothing more true to the character of a Night Lords force than them working with Daemons. He must be thrilled by the idea...

Actually, I find it hilarious. The fact that, if this is true, the 8th Legion will be better at doing the 9th edition equivalent of Daemon Bombs than the Word Bearers, just goes further in proving that none of this stuff is done with any sort of plan involved, and is mostly just throwing the proverbial spaghetti at the wall in order to "see what sticks".
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran




Vihti, Finland

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/16/codex-chaos-daemons-packs-plenty-of-poxes-into-nurgles-followers/




Oh boy, that is going to be one tough good boy.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Yeah I am super concerned about nurgle demons losing the 5+++. The whole point was to improve the army. If they give some buffs but take away their most important ability it's not really much of a buff, especially if maybe there are also point increases. And I've seen playing DG how many things in 9th edition don't care at all about high toughness.

Beast regen looks wild though. Wish I owned some.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Virules wrote:
Yeah I am super concerned about nurgle demons losing the 5+++. The whole point was to improve the army. If they give some buffs but take away their most important ability it's not really much of a buff, especially if maybe there are also point increases. And I've seen playing DG how many things in 9th edition don't care at all about high toughness.

Beast regen looks wild though. Wish I owned some.


Yea, just like DG it will make them super venerable to MWs. 2 wound plaguebearers is pretty cool though. The beast's stats look awesome (shame about the lower move though) but I can't get over how much I hate the model to ever consider getting any.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Fergie0044 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
Yeah I am super concerned about nurgle demons losing the 5+++. The whole point was to improve the army. If they give some buffs but take away their most important ability it's not really much of a buff, especially if maybe there are also point increases. And I've seen playing DG how many things in 9th edition don't care at all about high toughness.

Beast regen looks wild though. Wish I owned some.


Yea, just like DG it will make them super venerable to MWs. 2 wound plaguebearers is pretty cool though. The beast's stats look awesome (shame about the lower move though) but I can't get over how much I hate the model to ever consider getting any.


Vs Mortals plaguebearers are better now. 3 mortal wounds will only kill 1.5 models instead of 2 on average.
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




Beast of nurgle buff seems downright excessive.
+2 S, +1T, +2 wounds and 6 attacks rather than d6? Rough.

That you must do all 7 wounds or you do nothing is just... ugh.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

Voss wrote:
Beast of nurgle buff seems downright excessive.
+2 S, +1T, +2 wounds and 6 attacks rather than d6? Rough.

That you must do all 7 wounds or you do nothing is just... ugh.
You do have the whole phase to do it-Chaos Spawn regenerate after each attack, so a Beast of Nurgle's regen isn't as good. But they are tougher and have more wounds, so.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in gb
Huge Hierodule






 Virules wrote:
Yeah I am super concerned about nurgle demons losing the 5+++. The whole point was to improve the army. If they give some buffs but take away their most important ability it's not really much of a buff, especially if maybe there are also point increases.

Earlier rumours say that the GUO retains a built-in 5+++, which seems like a fair way to do it. I certainly don't think it's a bad thing that GW have been removing army wide FNP saves so long as they're still available on the specific units that need them most. Everything else gets varying degrees of improved durability without needing to roll double saves every time.
   
Made in us
Oozing Plague Marine Terminator





What's the word on Nurglings?

If they're no longer Troops, then is it a unit you can take per Nurgle unit or something?
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

 Nightlord1987 wrote:
What's the word on Nurglings?

If they're no longer Troops, then is it a unit you can take per Nurgle unit or something?
Probably just gonna be fast attack.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Is Horticulus Slimux in the current codex? I remember him being AoS exclusive when he first came out, but he's in the picture at the bottom. Might bode well for some of the Slaaneshi ones.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

Slimux is in there right now, yes.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in au
Sword-Wielding Bloodletter of Khorne






Voss wrote:
Beast of nurgle buff seems downright excessive.
+2 S, +1T, +2 wounds and 6 attacks rather than d6? Rough.

That you must do all 7 wounds or you do nothing is just... ugh.


Word on the street (from Wallace of Warhammer) is that they're tough, but very expensive in points. Too expensive for Wallace to be impressed.

Not the be all and end all, but, as always, depends on the price

Khorne Daemons: 3500pts
Chaos Knights: 2100pts
Chaos Auxiliaries: 900pts
Sisters of Battle: 6500pts
Imperial Agents: 500pts 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 JNAProductions wrote:
Voss wrote:
Beast of nurgle buff seems downright excessive.
+2 S, +1T, +2 wounds and 6 attacks rather than d6? Rough.

That you must do all 7 wounds or you do nothing is just... ugh.
You do have the whole phase to do it-Chaos Spawn regenerate after each attack, so a Beast of Nurgle's regen isn't as good. But they are tougher and have more wounds, so.

But how expensive are Spawn compared to Beasts? Don't forget that Spawn don't have a builtin -1D either, and have a negatable 5+.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 JNAProductions wrote:
Voss wrote:
That you must do all 7 wounds or you do nothing is just... ugh.
You do have the whole phase to do it-Chaos Spawn regenerate after each attack, so a Beast of Nurgle's regen isn't as good. But they are tougher and have more wounds, so.
To me this just highlights how much better things would be with USRs. Rather than having two rules that do the same thing in slightly different ways, they could just make this ability a rule, and it'd be simply to apply to anything that needs it.


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/08/17 01:05:26


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Lesser Daemon of Chaos




 xttz wrote:
I certainly don't think it's a bad thing that GW have been removing army wide FNP saves so long as they're still available on the specific units that need them most.

It is a shame GW themselves didn't remember this when they created the Coven units for Dark Eldar.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: