Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: Witch King of Angmar  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Charging Wild Rider





Denver, CO

I have been engaged in a transaction with Witch King of Angmar for the last month now, and I have hit a snag. I traded a number of items ( a painted Reaper Pumpkin Golem
and Pumpkin Witch, a painted Reaper Maid, a box of Plague Monks, a Plague Furnace, an Ork Truk and $75) for a Forge World Revenant Titan from him. We agreed to ship our respective items out on Saturday, 11 December with the knowledge that due to the Holiday season there would be delays in shipping, especially as we'd be shipping between Canada and the U.S. I shipped mine out on the 11th, and sent him the tracking number, then requested that he send me the tracking number from his shipment, but I never got it. I even offered to pay for faster shipping. I received a response saying that he had not shipped it due to his having the flu:

Witch King of Angmar wrote:
eledamris wrote:Hey, I shipped your stuff yesterday morning. It should be there sometime during the week. How much was the express shipping?


didn't get to ship this weekend due to the flu, everything will be out monday or tues and it should have a trackin number!

I was fine with that, and on the 16th I asked again:

Witch King of Angmar wrote:
eledamris wrote:Hey man, I was just wondering if you've recieved my stuff yet and shipped yours.


Nether of us will see anything for a 2 - 3 weeks due to customs and the christmas rush, your stuff is geting Fed-exed or Ups problay tomorrow since canada post is being a pain in the @$$ and has informed me it would take freaking ages due to the Current rush, ill let you know whats going on tomorrow and send you a tracking number.


I then waited again, and then sent him this one:

Witch King of Angmar wrote:
eledamris wrote:Well here's your tracking number. XXXXXXXX. It says it's being processed by customs right now in Canada. Now as for mine, regardless of how slow the mail is, it won't get here any quicker if you don't ship it. I imagine that it's going to take an extra week now, because it's taken an extra week to ship. Now if you could please give me a tracking number some time in the next day, I would greatly appreciate it.




I'm on my way to The post office right now.


I still haven't received a tracking number, or even a response e-mail. I understand that it is the Holiday season and people are often not at home or are unable to check their e-mail, but I feel like I've been pretty patient. I have emailed him twice since his last one asking for the tracking number, but haven't gotten any response. Am I being unreasonable? The postal service says mine was delivered to his house on Tuesday. Has anyone else had an issue with this trader? Thank you for your time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/12/28 15:43:35


WHFB:
Painted
Wood Elves 4k pts
High Elves 4k pts
Dark Elves 3k pts
Chaos Daemons 3k pts
Empire 3k pts
Vampire Counts 4k pts
Orcs and Goblins 4-5k pts
Tomb Kings 2k pts
Ogre Kingdoms 1.5k pts

40k
Dark Eldar 2k pts
SW 3k pts
Tau 2k pts
Orks 5k pts
IG 5K pts
Deathguard 5Kpts
AdMech 2Kpts 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






NJ, USA

I would give him the benefit of the doubt right now. You have been patient. I would probably wait until the beginning of January. If no response/item, then I will see about some sort of prosecution. I have had varied shipping times from Canada myself, sometimes a week other times three. Also considering the model you are getting is a bit bigger, such a thing can hamper customs.

I would check his BST thread in the Swap shop, and then possibly contact the other individuals that may have done deals with him.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded

Starter 40k Army Lists for Beginners!

One Chapter to rule them all: SW to BA Conversion  
   
Made in us
Member of the Malleus




Fort Worth, Texas

PM sent
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






Columbus, Oh

It seems to me that 3 times now he has promised to ship "in the near future" (my words).. either tomorrow, on the way to the PO, or whatever..

At this point I would send one more PM stating clearly the issue and what you will be doing to fix it starting in January.

Do not delay and follow through on your course of action. Do not be swayed by vague promises.

2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

Order of St Ursula (Sisters of Battle): W-2, L-1, T-1
Get of Freki (Space Wolves): W-3, L-1, T-1
Hive Fleet Portentosa (Nids/Stealers): W-6, L-4, T-0
Omega Marines (vanilla Space Marine): W-1, L-6, T-2
Waagh Magshak (Orks): W-4, L-0, T-1
A.V.P.D.W.: W-0, L-2, T-0

www.40korigins.com
bringing 40k Events to Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Oh. Ask me for more info! 
   
Made in us
Infiltrating Hawwa'






Porkuslime has it right. I work in shipping and receiving & work frequently with Fed-Ex & UPS. "The Holiday Rush" is nothing but lies & slander. Both Fed-Ex & UPS have deadlines when it comes to their packages & I have yet to see one missed by more than a week. (Sent to wrong address).

It get's trickier with international & customs so expect a delay there. However especially with it being international & such high value items do not delay in filing the proper forms (mail fraud ect.) as it will be a nightmare dealing with 2 legal systems. Sadly (or not lol) I have never had a problem internationally so I can't offer much advice beyond be prepared & don't delay.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/12/24 04:45:56


Trade rules: lower rep trades ships 1st. - I ship within 2 business days, if it will be longer I will contact you & explain. - I will NOT lie on customs forms, it's a felony, do not ask me to mark sales as "gifts". Free shipping applies to contiguous US states. 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

Shas'O Dorian wrote:Porkuslime has it right. I work in shipping and receiving & work frequently with Fed-Ex & UPS. "The Holiday Rush" is nothing but lies & slander. Both Fed-Ex & UPS have deadlines when it comes to their packages & I have yet to see one missed by more than a week. (Sent to wrong address).

It get's trickier with international & customs so expect a delay there. However especially with it being international & such high value items do not delay in filing the proper forms (mail fraud ect.) as it will be a nightmare dealing with 2 legal systems. Sadly (or not lol) I have never had a problem internationally so I can't offer much advice beyond be prepared & don't delay.


I have sent the package but have no tracking number, i will most likely end up scanning the recipe to prove i sent this and the fact i have received my side of the deal also. The fact he posted this so fast i find rather funny going between Canada and the us is NOT SOMETHING that takes one week, not to mention there is a huge holiday rush here with canada post (Well more like the local post office remembering to send things out when they should) Ether way im not scammer you will be getting your titan in the mail soon.

 
   
Made in ca
Nasty Nob





Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Witch King of Angmar wrote:
Shas'O Dorian wrote:Porkuslime has it right. I work in shipping and receiving & work frequently with Fed-Ex & UPS. "The Holiday Rush" is nothing but lies & slander. Both Fed-Ex & UPS have deadlines when it comes to their packages & I have yet to see one missed by more than a week. (Sent to wrong address).

It get's trickier with international & customs so expect a delay there. However especially with it being international & such high value items do not delay in filing the proper forms (mail fraud ect.) as it will be a nightmare dealing with 2 legal systems. Sadly (or not lol) I have never had a problem internationally so I can't offer much advice beyond be prepared & don't delay.


I have sent the package but have no tracking number, i will most likely end up scanning the recipe to prove i sent this and the fact i have received my side of the deal also. The fact he posted this so fast i find rather funny going between Canada and the us is NOT SOMETHING that takes one week, not to mention there is a huge holiday rush here with Canada post (Well more like the local post office remembering to send things out when they should) Ether way im not scammer you will be getting your titan in the mail soon.


I have worked for Canada Post, and they don't forget to send things out on time. People get fired when they find out items weren't sent out on time. Every post office in Canada sees daily pickup from a central distribution 'HUB' if you will, unless you live in Nunavut, NWT or the Yukon.

There is no such thing as the holiday rush, it is BS. I worked in a Central Processing centre during the holidays and during downtime. Its always busy, just a little more so during the holidays...but guess what? There are hundreds and hundreds more staff working at Canada Post during the holidays to compensate.

Customs also rarely ever touches models, so YES Canada to the USA should definitely happen within a week regardless of time of year.

Current Project: Knight #1
Most Recently Completed: Rebased Kislev Cavalry
On the Desk: Painting Kislev Cavalry
Instagram Updates: @joyous_oblivion 
   
Made in us
Charging Wild Rider





Denver, CO

Well, everything arrived and it's in good condition, so I guess it was just a miscommunication.

WHFB:
Painted
Wood Elves 4k pts
High Elves 4k pts
Dark Elves 3k pts
Chaos Daemons 3k pts
Empire 3k pts
Vampire Counts 4k pts
Orcs and Goblins 4-5k pts
Tomb Kings 2k pts
Ogre Kingdoms 1.5k pts

40k
Dark Eldar 2k pts
SW 3k pts
Tau 2k pts
Orks 5k pts
IG 5K pts
Deathguard 5Kpts
AdMech 2Kpts 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:
Witch King of Angmar wrote:
Shas'O Dorian wrote:Porkuslime has it right. I work in shipping and receiving & work frequently with Fed-Ex & UPS. "The Holiday Rush" is nothing but lies & slander. Both Fed-Ex & UPS have deadlines when it comes to their packages & I have yet to see one missed by more than a week. (Sent to wrong address).

It get's trickier with international & customs so expect a delay there. However especially with it being international & such high value items do not delay in filing the proper forms (mail fraud ect.) as it will be a nightmare dealing with 2 legal systems. Sadly (or not lol) I have never had a problem internationally so I can't offer much advice beyond be prepared & don't delay.


I have sent the package but have no tracking number, i will most likely end up scanning the recipe to prove i sent this and the fact i have received my side of the deal also. The fact he posted this so fast i find rather funny going between Canada and the us is NOT SOMETHING that takes one week, not to mention there is a huge holiday rush here with Canada post (Well more like the local post office remembering to send things out when they should) Ether way im not scammer you will be getting your titan in the mail soon.


I have worked for Canada Post, and they don't forget to send things out on time. People get fired when they find out items weren't sent out on time. Every post office in Canada sees daily pickup from a central distribution 'HUB' if you will, unless you live in Nunavut, NWT or the Yukon.

There is no such thing as the holiday rush, it is BS. I worked in a Central Processing centre during the holidays and during downtime. Its always busy, just a little more so during the holidays...but guess what? There are hundreds and hundreds more staff working at Canada Post during the holidays to compensate.

Customs also rarely ever touches models, so YES Canada to the USA should definitely happen within a week regardless of time of year.


Then why did i have to pay 60 bucks to get my models with a big customs sticker on it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/12/28 07:37:03


 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

Locking due to eledamris receiving the items in good condition.

I would also just like to say that usually a transaction report is reserved as a last resort. Given all that goes on during the holidays, some of the delays reported above might be more understandable.

It still doesn't excuse lack of communication and/or shipping on the agreed upon day, but it does account for a lot of snags this time of year!

If anyone needs to add anything else to this report, please PM me.
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: