Switch Theme:

Might makes Right! - Codex Orks 2021 Tactics  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Diakos wrote:
Another Imperial Armour Compendium FAQ with no new clarifications for Orks.


Orks who? What you think we care about nob bikers….
Complaining egh!
Sounds like someone needs another nerf!!
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






gungo wrote:
 Diakos wrote:
Another Imperial Armour Compendium FAQ with no new clarifications for Orks.


Orks who? What you think we care about nob bikers….
Complaining egh!
Sounds like someone needs another nerf!!


Seriously. I'm half expecting them to take away ramshackle from the squiggoth out of spite.
   
Made in it
Waaagh! Ork Warboss




Italy

Beardedragon wrote:


You need the trukkboyz to get +1 to hit, unless you just use the Trukk and a big mek without trukkboyz so you hit on 4s?


Or you can play Freebootas. I love the Shiny Shoota freebootas big mek, even prefer it to the wartrike: I never want a 3rd HQ anyway and I can't give up the bikerboss.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Diakos wrote:
Another Imperial Armour Compendium FAQ with no new clarifications for Orks.


I sent an email to the FAQ/Errata contact back in February with this:

Hello,

I have noticed that the profile and abilities for the Nobz on Warbikes datasheet in the Imperial Arnour Compendium is inconsistent with the 9th edition Codex: Orks Warbikers datasheet. In the codex datasheet, the Warbiker unit may include a Boss Nob on Warbike, who as part of the Warbiker datasheet has the Big Red Button and Cloud of Smoke abilities, as well as 4 Wounds in its characteristics in contrast to the 3 Wounds on the normal Warbikers. However, while the Nobz on Warbikes datasheet was given an errata update after the 9th edition Codex: Orks was released, it simply updated several army-wide abilities (Waaagh!, 'Ere We Go, Mob Rule) to refer directly to Codex: Orks for their rules details. One would have expected that the Nobz on Warbikes datasheet and characteristics would also be updated to reflect that of the new Boss Nob on Warbike, giving them an additional Wound each as well as the Cloud of Smoke and Big Red Button abilities, but this was not the case. This inconsistency is particularly glaring when one notices that the Nobz on Warbikes datasheet includes a characteristic line specifically for an identically named "Boss Nob on Warbike" who may be included in a mob of Nobz on Warbikes, which also lacks the additional Wound his codex counterpart enjoys.

It's also worth mentioning that another Imperial Armour Compendium datasheet for the Orks faction, the Warboss on Warbike, did receive an errata update which added the Big Red Button (but not Cloud of Smoke, understandably, as a single bike might not kick up enough exhaust to afford it the vision obscuring effects that merit a -1 to hit penalty!). So this is yet another inconsistency in how the errata for the Nobz on Warbikes datasheet was treated, even relative to other Ork faction Imperial Armour Compendium datasheets.

Thank you for your time.


Gonna send it again with a blue text update referring to the continuing inconsistency as of "Indomitus Version 1.4".
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I’ve sent a similar one regularly as well before and after octarius and during other semi relevant times… the intern is putting my emails into the trash…. Mostly the rules team sounds stretched and is playing whack a mole right now… the only way we are getting attention is during competitive events we either are broken 60+% win rates or are the worst army (currently guard)… good news is we are averaging ~40% win rates and are almost one of the worst codexs… bad news is we have a handful of overachievers pulling the curve up we keep going down this path we are bound to get looked at hopefully it’s before GW starts working on 10th and stops caring about 9th. Once Guard and chaos get thier codex we may become arguably the worst codex…

Honestly I think we are likely to get some mediocre points decreases in the next chapter approved and I expect AOOTS to get nerfed since Tyranids are bringing renewed attention to end of turn Strats.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/11 22:04:11


 
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

ive sent such an email at least 3 times since our codex dropped.
They dont care. Im baffled they did a faq at all because im just waiting for the announcement "40k forgeworld is now discontinued"

im not even printing things for forgeworld proxying reasons anymore.

An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




The really baffling thing is by GW's own standards they're not technically a forgeworld exclusive unit, you build them with the existing Warbikers kit. And before you say, "well that's a box that has its own datasheet" I direct you to any number of boxes that build models for one datasheet and one(s) for another simultaneously: Within our own faction there's the MA Big Mek, Nob ok Smasha Squig, Runtherd, etc. There's no reason GW couldn't make them a codex unit again any day they felt like it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/12 01:36:19


 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Blackie wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:


You need the trukkboyz to get +1 to hit, unless you just use the Trukk and a big mek without trukkboyz so you hit on 4s?


Or you can play Freebootas. I love the Shiny Shoota freebootas big mek, even prefer it to the wartrike: I never want a 3rd HQ anyway and I can't give up the bikerboss.


that is true but you wont get the opportunist trait then

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Beardedragon wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
riiight. thats what i assumed too. I guess ill use the warlord trait just for the ability to kill characters then, while drifting around in a trukk with trukkboyz in it for the +1 to hit.


I run the big mek with opportunist, KMB with kustom job and tellyporta blasta to upgrade a trukkboy trukk into a short ranged super-buggy. At 175 it's not that much more expensive than a kannonwagon either.


I use a Big Mek with tellyport blasta too. But i used da dead shiny shoota instead. Do you find it more beneficial to use the kustom mega blasta and the kustom job? I thought the shoota relic would fare better.


The relic is one CP and kind of falls flat against units with good saves, which is everything marine now. It's quite good at wiping out support characters and lightly armored units, but neither really is an issue for orks.
There also is the issue of the tellyporta blasta being optimal against other targets than the shiney shoota.

The KMB+1 always wants to shoot the same things as the tellyporta blasta and is fairly decent against almost all character, elite unit or vehicle out there. Most often I find myself shooting vehicles, monsters or TEQ with it, things which are not easy to handle with other parts of the speed waaagh toolbox. With command re-rolls for damage or tellyporta shots, you can cause some pretty mean damage spikes, suddenly taking out an enemy asset that they didn't expect to die.
Since both weapons are blast, units of 6 or more models can also be killed quite efficiently with its guaranteed 7 S8 shots.

With the shiney shoota you constantly find yourself in situations where you don't have any good targets to shoot. There always is a target you want to shoot with a KMB+1.

How do you only get a price of 175 points?

Trukk is 70

Trukkboy boyz are 90

The Big Mek is like 95 or something with the tellyport blasta.

Big mek is 105 with kustom job. Essentially I don't consider trukk boyz as part of the cost because they provide me with 2 CP for their patrol and they do their obsec infantry stuff anyways, the mek and trukk serve as upgrade to them.

Essentially it's a way to make trukk boyz suck less by making their trukk more useful.

You need the trukkboyz to get +1 to hit, unless you just use the Trukk and a big mek without trukkboyz so you hit on 4s?

Depends on the game, but trukk boyz need to do trukkboy stuff, if you just cart them around as +1 to hit buff, the "super buggy" jumps up to 265 which is way to expensive.

The mek trukk absolutely needs to be hidden from sight on deployment, and then you can either
1) move and shoot at 3+. If there is a juicy target to shoot and there simply is not good reason to disembark, you can get that extra boost and lay down some shooting that is putting marines to shame.
2) advance and shoot at 4+. If there are no good targets or you simply want to keep the trukk safe and you don't want to disembark, just advance and still shoot at full BS.
3) move, disembark and shoot at 4+. Trukk boys do their thing and you just shoot good targets. Against some armies you can have some synergies by using the mek to blow up a support character and then charge the weakened unit it was supporting.

Afterwards the trukk just drives about and shoots things, with the option to blow up lynchpin characters or psykers at will. Make sure the mek can disembark into cover when the opponent takes out the trukk so it can hide behind the 1+ armor save. From there, you either take pot shots at stuff within 24" or try to challenge an objective with your obsec character.
If there are any surviving trukk boyz around, you can always pick them up for the +1 hit if it makes sense, but for me it most commonly makes more sense to just have them die to the last ork on an objective.

I present you, the the most misquoted part of all 40k lore:
Genetor Lukas Anzion in Codex Orks, 3rd edition wrote:[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

This is literally all GW ever wrote on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

You make a good point.

Maybe i should remove the kustom shoota relic and just go for the kustom job and kustom mega blasta.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






At least give it a try - I gave it a try after reading about it here on this thread and don't want to go back.

I present you, the the most misquoted part of all 40k lore:
Genetor Lukas Anzion in Codex Orks, 3rd edition wrote:[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

This is literally all GW ever wrote on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Jidmah wrote:
At least give it a try - I gave it a try after reading about it here on this thread and don't want to go back.


oh worry not, i already changed it in my deathskulls list

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in cz
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Prague

Tyranid FAQ out and it changed the strategem to take the Bug out of the table “end of the turn” to “end of the movement phase”

No comment or correction directed to orks = more mess than before. People start to apply this to FAQ to orks in 3,2,1,….

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/MlX8DsXkD19YhnUE.pdf?fbclid=IwAR09YtMjovsnN0PohLJU7yGZDjFC90LC5OdcqsBG2UNzVOfSbknE7b3NyAk

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/13 12:45:26


11000p but no army to play now… 
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






 Tomsug wrote:
Tyranid FAQ out and it changed the strategem to take the Bug out of the table “end of the turn” to “end of the movement phase”

No comment or correction directed to orks = more mess than before. People start to apply this to FAQ to orks in 3,2,1,….

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/MlX8DsXkD19YhnUE.pdf?fbclid=IwAR09YtMjovsnN0PohLJU7yGZDjFC90LC5OdcqsBG2UNzVOfSbknE7b3NyAk


I'm not even sure they'll bother because our Octarius rules and strats are going to be invalidated in a year anyways. I'm hoping GW negligence means we skimp by, but if tournies and other things start doing this to AoTS, then you know that Ork hate bias is really kicking in. We shouldn't though given how little we're placing in tournaments right now.
   
Made in cz
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Prague

I mean - GW will not give a gak but other playiers will. That is the point of my note. It will be a mess.

I really do not hope or anything that GW would make some fixes with orks. IMHO I expect they fired the crew that made this and now are in the middle of hiring new one to make it brand new for 10th.

11000p but no army to play now… 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






There was a dev at rockstar games who applied for a job, fixed that one bug which annoyed him to no end, waited for its deployment and then quit the company. I'd totally do the same for the next ork codex

I don't even want to write a new codex, just fix the stuff that's broken.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/13 14:49:36


I present you, the the most misquoted part of all 40k lore:
Genetor Lukas Anzion in Codex Orks, 3rd edition wrote:[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

This is literally all GW ever wrote on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






 Jidmah wrote:
There was a dev at rockstar games who applied for a job, fixed that one bug which annoyed him to no end, waited for its deployment and then quit the company. I'd totally do the same for the next ork codex

I don't even want to write a new codex, just fix the stuff that's broken.


Seriously, if GW is short on manpower I'm pretty sure most of the Ork players on this thread could bang out a draft in 30 min to an hour that is better than what GW could print in a codex after a year.
   
Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy





I remember when the codex was leaking from the app and I was like “oh this stuff just ain’t fully integrated onto the app yet” then it released and it was equally questionable.

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:
I remember when the codex was leaking from the app and I was like “oh this stuff just ain’t fully integrated onto the app yet” then it released and it was equally questionable.


Back when we thought grots could have kultur and make transfungus snakebitez grots, *sigh*, it feels so long ago now lol.
   
Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy





I got a bunch of screenshots from twitter/discord in a folder labeled disappointment that’s just people being “oh, this is a thing” over the dex.

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in cz
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Prague

Lewis Archer won another tournament Geek Retret Middlesbrought and this kicks him to be the Top Ork player in this Frontlinegaming top score list:-)
Spoiler:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Orks) [55 PL, 1,015pts] ++
+ Configuration +
Clan Kultur: Goffs
Detachment Command Cost
+ HQ +
Beastboss on Squigosaur [9 PL, 175pts]: 4. Brutal but Kunnin, Beasthide Mantle, Warlord
+ Troops +
Beast Snagga Boyz [5 PL, 110pts]
. 9x Beast Snagga Boy: 9x Choppa, 9x Slugga
. Beast Snagga Nob
Gretchin [2 PL, 50pts]
. 10x Gretchin: 10x Grot Blaster
+ Elites +
Kommandos [4 PL, 60pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Kommando: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
Meganobz [12 PL, 200pts]: Trukk Boyz
. Boss Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
+ Fast Attack +
Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
+ Heavy Support +
Kill Rig [12 PL, 225pts]: 1. Roar of Mork, 2. Frazzle, Squig-hide Tyres
+ Dedicated Transport +
Trukk [4 PL, 70pts]
Trukk [4 PL, 70pts]
++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Orks) [24 PL, 435pts, -2CP] ++
+ Configuration +
Clan Kultur: Goffs
Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]
+ HQ +
Weirdboy [4 PL, 70pts]: 3. Da Jump, 4. Fists of Gork
+ Troops +
Beast Snagga Boyz [5 PL, 110pts]
. 9x Beast Snagga Boy: 9x Choppa, 9x Slugga
. Beast Snagga Nob
+ Elites +
Meganobz [12 PL, 200pts]: Trukk Boyz
. Boss Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
+ Fast Attack +
Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Orks) [29 PL, 550pts, -4CP] ++
+ Configuration +
Clan Kultur: Goffs
Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]
+ HQ +
Warboss in Mega Armour [6 PL, 115pts, -2CP]: 3. 'Ard as Nails, Stratagem: Big Boss, Stratagem: Extra Gubbinz, Super Cybork Body, Trukk Boyz
+ Troops +
Beast Snagga Boyz [5 PL, 110pts]
. 9x Beast Snagga Boy: 9x Choppa, 9x Slugga
. Beast Snagga Nob
+ Elites +
Kommandos [4 PL, 60pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Kommando: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
+ Fast Attack +
Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
+ Heavy Support +
Kill Rig [11 PL, 210pts]: 2. Frazzle, 6. Squiggly Curse
++ Total: [108 PL, -6CP, 2,000pts] ++

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/15 18:31:29


11000p but no army to play now… 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






So, these trukks are used solely to protect and sling stormboyz?

I present you, the the most misquoted part of all 40k lore:
Genetor Lukas Anzion in Codex Orks, 3rd edition wrote:[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

This is literally all GW ever wrote on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






 Jidmah wrote:
So, these trukks are used solely to protect and sling stormboyz?


I remember some unorthodox Ork tourney list that did the same thing, just it was back in the old 8th ed codex. Basically using the 3" extra deploy movement to get into range to do actions.
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Jidmah wrote:
So, these trukks are used solely to protect and sling stormboyz?


i might be misunderstanding something here but i count 2 trukks, and 2x 5 Trukkboy Mega Nobz.

I dont see any way of putting both stormboyz and Mega nobz in one trukk as both mega armor and jump pack models takes up 2 spots.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






I missed the trukkboy meganobz, thanks for pointing those out. It seemed odd to me to pay 70 points for less than 3" of movement.

I present you, the the most misquoted part of all 40k lore:
Genetor Lukas Anzion in Codex Orks, 3rd edition wrote:[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

This is literally all GW ever wrote on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in gb
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





United Kingdom

 Tomsug wrote:
Lewis Archer won another tournament Geek Retret Middlesbrought and this kicks him to be the Top Ork player in this Frontlinegaming top score list:-)
Spoiler:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Orks) [55 PL, 1,015pts] ++
+ Configuration +
Clan Kultur: Goffs
Detachment Command Cost
+ HQ +
Beastboss on Squigosaur [9 PL, 175pts]: 4. Brutal but Kunnin, Beasthide Mantle, Warlord
+ Troops +
Beast Snagga Boyz [5 PL, 110pts]
. 9x Beast Snagga Boy: 9x Choppa, 9x Slugga
. Beast Snagga Nob
Gretchin [2 PL, 50pts]
. 10x Gretchin: 10x Grot Blaster
+ Elites +
Kommandos [4 PL, 60pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Kommando: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
Meganobz [12 PL, 200pts]: Trukk Boyz
. Boss Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
. Meganob: Kombi-skorcha, Power Klaw
+ Fast Attack +
Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
+ Heavy Support +
Kill Rig [12 PL, 225pts]: 1. Roar of Mork, 2. Frazzle, Squig-hide Tyres
+ Dedicated Transport +
Trukk [4 PL, 70pts]
Trukk [4 PL, 70pts]
++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Orks) [24 PL, 435pts, -2CP] ++
+ Configuration +
Clan Kultur: Goffs
Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]
+ HQ +
Weirdboy [4 PL, 70pts]: 3. Da Jump, 4. Fists of Gork
+ Troops +
Beast Snagga Boyz [5 PL, 110pts]
. 9x Beast Snagga Boy: 9x Choppa, 9x Slugga
. Beast Snagga Nob
+ Elites +
Meganobz [12 PL, 200pts]: Trukk Boyz
. Boss Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
. Meganob: Killsaw, Killsaw
+ Fast Attack +
Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Orks) [29 PL, 550pts, -4CP] ++
+ Configuration +
Clan Kultur: Goffs
Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]
+ HQ +
Warboss in Mega Armour [6 PL, 115pts, -2CP]: 3. 'Ard as Nails, Stratagem: Big Boss, Stratagem: Extra Gubbinz, Super Cybork Body, Trukk Boyz
+ Troops +
Beast Snagga Boyz [5 PL, 110pts]
. 9x Beast Snagga Boy: 9x Choppa, 9x Slugga
. Beast Snagga Nob
+ Elites +
Kommandos [4 PL, 60pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Kommando: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
+ Fast Attack +
Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs
+ Heavy Support +
Kill Rig [11 PL, 210pts]: 2. Frazzle, 6. Squiggly Curse
++ Total: [108 PL, -6CP, 2,000pts] ++



Looks like he's relying on the Bosses, MANz and Kill Rigs to either do all the damage, or soak all the damage, while he then has a lot of units to go out to score VPs. It's a nice list.


On another note, I've been trying out the Dakka Mek in a Trukk that Jidmah was talking about a little ways back and I love it. Perfect complement to any list that takes buggies.
   
Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut





I had yesterday my first match Vs new marine armour rule (Greys) and was like playing on hard mode. His list nothing to write home about and mine was supposed to be "competitive" (army of reknown).
Match ended close but simply because my opponent was novel. I could see him making "mistakes" over mistakes and in the end didn't matter.

Goff rush might be the last built we have but I am not so excited about it.
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




Quick question: Can i put Badrukk in a Goff List or Zagstruk into a Freebooter List?
I am not so sure with the new "No Soup" regulations^^
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

LeRufus wrote:
Quick question: Can i put Badrukk in a Goff List or Zagstruk into a Freebooter List?
I am not so sure with the new "No Soup" regulations^^


you can include badrukk in a goff detatchment.

But you cant include zagstruk in anything other than a goff detatchment.

Badrukk is a "specialist Ladz" but zagstruk is not.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Beardedragon wrote:
LeRufus wrote:
Quick question: Can i put Badrukk in a Goff List or Zagstruk into a Freebooter List?
I am not so sure with the new "No Soup" regulations^^


you can include badrukk in a goff detatchment.

But you cant include zagstruk in anything other than a goff detatchment.

Badrukk is a "specialist Ladz" but zagstruk is not.


That's not entirely true.

You can put Zagstruk in an army of freebootas, but his detachment would lose their culture.

The anti-soup rule only applies to models which have the actual <CLAN> keyword, but not to units which have a fixed clan like our named characters.

I present you, the the most misquoted part of all 40k lore:
Genetor Lukas Anzion in Codex Orks, 3rd edition wrote:[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

This is literally all GW ever wrote on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: