Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R - New trailer page 106  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





The Eternity Gate

One thing I'm surprised about in all the PA releases has been a lack of specialist detachments. They were all the rage in Vigilus but they seemed to have dropped the concept for PA. Not saying it is good or bad, just seems like strange and quick change of direction design wise.

01001000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001110 01100101 01100011 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100001  
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot





SamusDrake wrote:
Never mind Mr Stephanie Meyer and his sparkling boys - where's the real stars of the show who have more teeth than the entire Osmond family?

Somehow I think GW are playing this from the wrong angle. Whatever next? Smurfs in power armour?


My dog that works at GW found this leaked list of pick-2 chapter traits that are the only thing nids are getting in the book, I think they really fit the flavor GW has been going for with xenos armies:

Spoiler:


Hulking Monstrosities: When an opponent rolls Overwatch against a charging unit with this trait, the attacks hit on a 5 or 6
Level Grinding: Any objectives that specify destroying models count units with this trait as double the models or units destroyed
Cinematic Entry: When a unit with this trait deep strikes, your opponent may select one IMPERIUM unit, that unit may shoot at the deep striking unit as if it were the shooting phase.
Endless Profit Swarm: HORMAGANT and TERMAGANT models with this trait cost 1 point per model. However, they are reduced to A1, T1, S1, cannot make shooting attacks, cannot secure objectives, and enemy models may move through them as if they were not there.
Inspiring Heroics: Enemy CHARACTER models may fight twice in the fight phase against MONSTROUS CREATURE or CHARACTER units with this trait
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




the_scotsman wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
Never mind Mr Stephanie Meyer and his sparkling boys - where's the real stars of the show who have more teeth than the entire Osmond family?

Somehow I think GW are playing this from the wrong angle. Whatever next? Smurfs in power armour?


My dog that works at GW found this leaked list of pick-2 chapter traits that are the only thing nids are getting in the book, I think they really fit the flavor GW has been going for with xenos armies:

Spoiler:


Hulking Monstrosities: When an opponent rolls Overwatch against a charging unit with this trait, the attacks hit on a 5 or 6
Level Grinding: Any objectives that specify destroying models count units with this trait as double the models or units destroyed
Cinematic Entry: When a unit with this trait deep strikes, your opponent may select one IMPERIUM unit, that unit may shoot at the deep striking unit as if it were the shooting phase.
Endless Profit Swarm: HORMAGANT and TERMAGANT models with this trait cost 1 point per model. However, they are reduced to A1, T1, S1, cannot make shooting attacks, cannot secure objectives, and enemy models may move through them as if they were not there.
Inspiring Heroics: Enemy CHARACTER models may fight twice in the fight phase against MONSTROUS CREATURE or CHARACTER units with this trait


Sigh. Might as well have the "Cheap Initiative" trait...

"When the tyranid player wins the initiative roll, they lose the game by default."

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

So PA4 will be SW vs Orks then ?

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





It's a unpopular to speculate on what new stuff Marines are getting, but I am really curious how they will treat BA and SW. They are Marines so its safe to assume they will get a similar treatment like BT, but they also do not share C:SM codex so they might get the chaos treatment or worse...

It would be nice to see some more fluff about the wulfen and their time in the warp, or get support for the wolf packs but that's another unpopular opinion among SW fans

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/18 19:50:09


 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





 Mr Morden wrote:
Dumb Smart Guy wrote:
 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


lol imagine being a marine player and acting this aggrieved in 2019



I know right - when a sub faction of a sub faction has more character models than most complete Factions, has had their own super special upgrade kits and flow of models from FW and still feels hard done by - sheesh entitled much

3 words :
"Out of touch."

 
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard





 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


You don't even know the half of it. I want a resculpt for Swarmie putting him in the LoW tier, Resculpted and plastic Lictors, Biovores, Pyrovores, Shrikes, Red Terror, Deathleaper, and maybe redone troops, because feth those split-headed builds. I want Lictors in broods of 3, and for Deathleaper to be actively scary, for My vanguard units to actually work well and not be practically useless. Give us Shrikes back with an upgrade kit for Warriors, give us an expansive list of biomorphs like we had in 5th, MORE psychic/biomancy powers, do wacky and weird biological weapons (feth space marine dreads for having a million different weapon loadouts). There's so much that can be done with an ever evolving and bio-engineered race that every time there is a Tyranid release, it actively makes me less likely to play the game because it's always something boring or a half-baked design.

Looking at you Toxicrene, you're just a venomthrope smushed onto a Maleceptor body, who is already boring for being a 'brain bug'.

My disappointment is boundless and my vitriol is acidic in my stomach.

But honestly I just want more cool alien designs/beasts for my army, and it's frustrating that they don't want to do that with a faction that could really easily do that.


PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in us
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine




San Jose, CA

I dont play Nids but it would be dope if they updated some of the units.
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





Racerguy180 wrote:
I dont play Nids but it would be dope if they updated some of the units.

But you do realise that would mean less Primaris lieutenants.
   
Made in us
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine




San Jose, CA

JWBS wrote:
Racerguy180 wrote:
I dont play Nids but it would be dope if they updated some of the units.

But you do realise that would mean less Primaris lieutenants.


just give me a gravis variant and I'm done w them.
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




JWBS wrote:
Racerguy180 wrote:
I dont play Nids but it would be dope if they updated some of the units.

But you do realise that would mean less Primaris lieutenants.


To be fair, there isn't any indication there's going to be more of those with these books. The Black Templar presence in PA2 came with no new SM models at all, and all the lumped chaos legions produced... one model. Even the supplements really only produced character models, and the only thing on the 40k sales list for PA3/December is Mephisty Prime. Its a bit of a muddle since the actual codex SM release was dragged out like a dog's butt in a hallway, but most of the real SM releases are that and finally breaking up Shadowspear.

Presumably Wolf Awakening and Dark Awakening will also just produce a single replacement Primaris character for the relevant subchapter.


Now maybe this will change, but at least some of it likely has to do with the new production facilities not being up and running full speed yet. So we get a quick progression of crappy books with thin to no model releases.



This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/19 00:44:58


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Hellacious Havoc





Was this mentioned yet? Looks like Seth’s boys getting the Inquisitors treatment
[Thumb - 2C4A6B60-784F-41F6-897A-EB4C83D6B2A9.jpeg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/19 04:04:20


   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Mr Morden wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 Togusa wrote:


Sisters Debacle? What happened?


GW forgot to produce an infinite amount of stock for a limited edition product, and it sold out quickly.



They sold out within 1 min of going on sale in the uk (I was lucky to get one) which was frustrating to many - GW appologised for massively underestimated demand in latest Warhammer Community post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

Let's not overdo it - it was 12-13 minutes in the UK, apparently about 30min in North America. Which is ridiculously fast enough as it is! And it would have been even faster if everybody could have accessed the website and it hadn't been slowed down due to the amount of visitors...


I was logged in and cashed out as soon as it appeared - about 9.59 on my computer - as soon as processed - about a minute I went back to have a browse on the site and the GW site had crashed - by the time it came bakc it was sold out.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Dumb Smart Guy wrote:
 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


lol imagine being a marine player and acting this aggrieved in 2019



I know right - when a sub faction of a sub faction has more character models than most complete Factions, has had their own super special upgrade kits and flow of models from FW and still feels hard done by - sheesh entitled much


ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.

[b]Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Togusa wrote:

Are we sure? I recall GW saying that the other models were on their way "Soon" and I'm thinking soon means December.


Soon doesn't mean "within month" and we know release schedule for this year already. No sisters in sight. Ergo earliest it can be is january. And no quarantee it's then either.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/11/29/tneva82-daemon-of-an-ancient-world/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





early to mid january rarely has any releases of substance with the first big release of a year being in late jan or febuary yeah?

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






This isn’t the thread for discussing Sisters releases in January. Stay on topic.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:


ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.

[b]Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable


Interesting use of big, bold letters. He isn’t saying GW should ignore BA, he’s saying it’s entitled for BA players to expect more than Tyranid players by virtue of being Marines. And it is. It’s also a fallacy to claim that BA haven’t had an update recently because they benefit from every Marine release of which there have been an abundance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/19 08:05:54


 
   
Made in de
Gangly Grot Rebel




Nickin' 'ur stuff

Spoiler:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 Togusa wrote:


Sisters Debacle? What happened?


GW forgot to produce an infinite amount of stock for a limited edition product, and it sold out quickly.



They sold out within 1 min of going on sale in the uk (I was lucky to get one) which was frustrating to many - GW appologised for massively underestimated demand in latest Warhammer Community post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

Let's not overdo it - it was 12-13 minutes in the UK, apparently about 30min in North America. Which is ridiculously fast enough as it is! And it would have been even faster if everybody could have accessed the website and it hadn't been slowed down due to the amount of visitors...


I was logged in and cashed out as soon as it appeared - about 9.59 on my computer - as soon as processed - about a minute I went back to have a browse on the site and the GW site had crashed - by the time it came bakc it was sold out.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Dumb Smart Guy wrote:
 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


lol imagine being a marine player and acting this aggrieved in 2019



I know right - when a sub faction of a sub faction has more character models than most complete Factions, has had their own super special upgrade kits and flow of models from FW and still feels hard done by - sheesh entitled much


ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.


[b]Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable


Iyanden are (as in "used to be") their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Eldar got something is unreasonable...

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like soup. Now you put soup in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put soup into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now soup can flow or it can crash. Be soup, my friend. 
   
Made in se
Ferocious Black Templar Castellan






Sweden

Well, I hear Chaos players have 10 (!!) different sources to draw rules from, so clearly anyone, including myself, hoping for better rules for Chaos is clearly entitled.

Where's the line between being entitled or not?

For thirteen years I had a dog with fur the darkest black. For thirteen years he was my friend, oh how I want him back. 
   
Made in ch
Revered Rogue Psyker





 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
Well, I hear Chaos players have 10 (!!) different sources to draw rules from, so clearly anyone, including myself, hoping for better rules for Chaos is clearly entitled.

Where's the line between being entitled or not?

Spoiler:

(tbf if GW would've done a propper job neither CSM nor C:SM would've needed a dex 2.0 to begin with.) But that would put the blame on GW and not the filthy x player y plaer x faction y faction.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/19 10:57:41


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
Trick Question, of course it's the loyalists!

(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost and 8th edition.) 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





BrianDavion wrote:
Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable

That's a problem easily solved (by making them a supplement).

 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





Waaaghbert wrote:
Spoiler:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 Togusa wrote:


Sisters Debacle? What happened?


GW forgot to produce an infinite amount of stock for a limited edition product, and it sold out quickly.



They sold out within 1 min of going on sale in the uk (I was lucky to get one) which was frustrating to many - GW appologised for massively underestimated demand in latest Warhammer Community post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

Let's not overdo it - it was 12-13 minutes in the UK, apparently about 30min in North America. Which is ridiculously fast enough as it is! And it would have been even faster if everybody could have accessed the website and it hadn't been slowed down due to the amount of visitors...


I was logged in and cashed out as soon as it appeared - about 9.59 on my computer - as soon as processed - about a minute I went back to have a browse on the site and the GW site had crashed - by the time it came bakc it was sold out.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Dumb Smart Guy wrote:
 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


lol imagine being a marine player and acting this aggrieved in 2019



I know right - when a sub faction of a sub faction has more character models than most complete Factions, has had their own super special upgrade kits and flow of models from FW and still feels hard done by - sheesh entitled much


ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.


[b]Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable


Iyanden are (as in "used to be") their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Eldar got something is unreasonable...


Codex Supplment /= codex


Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in au
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine





In other Psychic Awakening news, WHC has just posted up our first piece of artwork for Primaris Brad Pitt.
Spoiler:

" border="0" />
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




 An Actual Englishman wrote:


Interesting use of big, bold letters. He isn’t saying GW should ignore BA, he’s saying it’s entitled for BA players to expect more than Tyranid players by virtue of being Marines. And it is. It’s also a fallacy to claim that BA haven’t had an update recently because they benefit from every Marine release of which there have been an abundance.


Well, lucky coincidence that GW's Space-Vampire-theme army was launched in more frugal days on the basis of double-dipping Marine miniatures, while their Space-Bug-theme army was not. Perhaps in a different time line of the 80s GW had done it the other way around.
   
Made in de
Gangly Grot Rebel




Nickin' 'ur stuff

Spoiler:
BrianDavion wrote:
Waaaghbert wrote:
[spoiler]
BrianDavion wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 Togusa wrote:


Sisters Debacle? What happened?


GW forgot to produce an infinite amount of stock for a limited edition product, and it sold out quickly.



They sold out within 1 min of going on sale in the uk (I was lucky to get one) which was frustrating to many - GW appologised for massively underestimated demand in latest Warhammer Community post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

Let's not overdo it - it was 12-13 minutes in the UK, apparently about 30min in North America. Which is ridiculously fast enough as it is! And it would have been even faster if everybody could have accessed the website and it hadn't been slowed down due to the amount of visitors...


I was logged in and cashed out as soon as it appeared - about 9.59 on my computer - as soon as processed - about a minute I went back to have a browse on the site and the GW site had crashed - by the time it came bakc it was sold out.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Dumb Smart Guy wrote:
 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


lol imagine being a marine player and acting this aggrieved in 2019



I know right - when a sub faction of a sub faction has more character models than most complete Factions, has had their own super special upgrade kits and flow of models from FW and still feels hard done by - sheesh entitled much


ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.


[b]Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable


Iyanden are (as in "used to be") their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Eldar got something is unreasonable...
[/spoiler]

Codex Supplment /= codex



But why is Iyanden a supplement and Blood Angels aren't? I get your point and you are right, but for a xenos player the distinction is arbitrary. There are Eldar, which use Craftworlds, or Orks split in Klans, different Regiments of the IA the same way like there are Space Marines and their chapters. Why is one considered a "full" codex and the other isn't?

There are only two reasons: For sales reasons or "it always used to be like that". Both reasons are not a satisfactory explanation for a customer that is not collecting Space Marines

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like soup. Now you put soup in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put soup into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now soup can flow or it can crash. Be soup, my friend. 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




There is no meaningful distinction between "Codex" and "Supplement".

GW goes through a couple of years where sub-factions get "Codexes" (e.g. Death Guard & Thousand Sons more recently), and a couple of years where they get "supplements" (currently hot now, as in previous editions for Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter, Iyanden, Imperial Fists, etc..).

It'll probably swing round again in 2021 or so.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





Waaaghbert wrote:
Spoiler:
BrianDavion wrote:
Waaaghbert wrote:
[spoiler]
BrianDavion wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 Togusa wrote:


Sisters Debacle? What happened?


GW forgot to produce an infinite amount of stock for a limited edition product, and it sold out quickly.



They sold out within 1 min of going on sale in the uk (I was lucky to get one) which was frustrating to many - GW appologised for massively underestimated demand in latest Warhammer Community post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

Let's not overdo it - it was 12-13 minutes in the UK, apparently about 30min in North America. Which is ridiculously fast enough as it is! And it would have been even faster if everybody could have accessed the website and it hadn't been slowed down due to the amount of visitors...


I was logged in and cashed out as soon as it appeared - about 9.59 on my computer - as soon as processed - about a minute I went back to have a browse on the site and the GW site had crashed - by the time it came bakc it was sold out.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Dumb Smart Guy wrote:
 zend wrote:
Oh nooo, a Blood Angels character is getting updated for the first time in like 20 years! It’s so unfair to the Xenos players!


Did you guys really want a new Red Terror or Lictor model that badly or something? They’re the only Nid characters that haven’t been updated, and Red Terror has absolutely no history with the Blood Angels.


lol imagine being a marine player and acting this aggrieved in 2019



I know right - when a sub faction of a sub faction has more character models than most complete Factions, has had their own super special upgrade kits and flow of models from FW and still feels hard done by - sheesh entitled much


ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.


Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable


Iyanden are (as in "used to be") their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Eldar got something is unreasonable...
[/spoiler]

Codex Supplment /= codex



But why is Iyanden a supplement and Blood Angels aren't? I get your point and you are right, but for a xenos player the distinction is arbitrary. There are Eldar, which use Craftworlds, or Orks split in Klans, different Regiments of the IA the same way like there are Space Marines and their chapters. Why is one considered a "full" codex and the other isn't?

There are only two reasons: For sales reasons or "it always used to be like that". Both reasons are not a satisfactory explanation for a customer that is not collecting Space Marines

can we please not derail this thread with this fething argument. at the end of the day for this point it really doesn't fething matter. GW has said Blood angels are a unique faction, so treated as a unique faction they will be. arbitrary or not, this is how GW does it, and they've had BAs etc seperate for over 20 years at this point, so it's hardly like this is some new policy change.

Yet again I'm not intreasted in arguing coulda's, shoulda's etc. I'm intreasted in the facts. and the [b]facts
are that BAs are their own thing, so speakath GW.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/19 11:21:27


Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in de
Gangly Grot Rebel




Nickin' 'ur stuff

Yes, hence me saying your right. Still I think it's funny that people (including GW) don't understand that some of us are feeling like we're playing the second fiddle...

But since I can't contribute to any rumours about the new PA I won't derail the discussion any longer.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like soup. Now you put soup in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put soup into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now soup can flow or it can crash. Be soup, my friend. 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




People perceive themselves playing second fiddle because they view it through the lens of in-game lore, not sales.


If GW had a customer base of 1000 players and a product range of 10 Codexes, the ideal would be to have each Codex cover roughly 100 players. Thus if 600 of those players mainly play/buy the power armour miniatures, GW should aim for roughly 6 flavours of armies using the power-armour miniatures and 4 without. Whatever "in-game lore" or fluff-considerations can justify that spread of books in the respective background sections doesn't really matter.
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






BrianDavion wrote:

can we please not derail this thread with this fething argument. at the end of the day for this point it really doesn't fething matter. GW has said Blood angels are a unique faction, so treated as a unique faction they will be. arbitrary or not, this is how GW does it, and they've had BAs etc seperate for over 20 years at this point, so it's hardly like this is some new policy change.

Yet again I'm not intreasted in arguing coulda's, shoulda's etc. I'm intreasted in the facts. and the facts are that BAs are their own thing, so speakath GW.

Yes, please don't derail the thread further. Worth noting that you were the one to bring this up and start the derailing with the following comment (that is also a massive strawman, as well as off topic);
BrianDavion wrote:
ok, I'm going to say it in large bold letters for you, and you're still going to refuse to accept it.

[b]Blood Angels are their own codex, demanding GW ignore them because Marines got something is unreasonable
   
Made in de
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine




Even if I'm clearly not allowed to want things as a BA player, I hope GW treads us better that just an afterthought and try to sell us a new model. You know what? Personally I don't want new plastic at all. You are right, as we got more than enough from all the Primaris releases. All I want from GW is some pages filled with cool rules, that someone gave at least a second thought. Right now we pay the same or more as SM players for the same models with inferior rules, our stratagems are straight worse and we are likely to get an assault oriented doctrine that everyone knows is a disadvantage to begin with. Our chapter tactic won't benefit vehicles in any meaningful way, even if we loose the CT restrictions. Please GW, make it a hit and not a miss.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: