Switch Theme:

Star Wars Legions News - New Clone Wars Expansions p. 39  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I quite enjoyed the preview event as well. The game system was more interesting in concert than it read on paper. Suppression in particular is really interesting. The models also have significantly more presence than I was expecting.
   
Made in us
Captain





LA

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/9/fortify-your-battlefield/

official terrain/objectives plus cards for Legion, and a spare barricades set. Definitely going to get the objectives, they look a lot cooler than card tokens on the table.

 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






I actually wouldn't mind getting some of those to use as scatter terrain in 40k.

2000 Khorne Bloodbound (Skullfiend Tribe- Aqshy)
1000 Tzeentch Arcanites (Pyrofane Cult - Hysh) in progress
2000 Slaves to Darkness (Ravagers)
 
   
Made in gb
Omnious Orc Shaman





A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...

Oooooh, moisture vaporators, nice....

Spoiler:

Fortify Your Battlefield
Announcing Priority Supplies and Barricades for Star Wars: Legion



Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce two new expansions for Star Wars™: Legion, bringing your battlefields even closer to the Star Wars galaxy!

Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion
Barricades Pack
The battles of Star Wars: Legion can rage across the galaxy. You may be fighting in the desert wastes of Tatooine, the snow fields of Hoth, the grassy fields of Lothal, or the tropical beaches of Scarif. No matter where the Galactic Civil War takes you, the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion and the Barricades Pack have the miniatures to bring new life to your battlefields. Your troops may hunker down behind sturdy barricades or desperately maneuver to secure crates, comms stations, and moisture vaporators. With a total of twelve objective miniatures and eight barricades between these two expansions, you’ll have everything you need to bring a new level of Star Wars realism to your games of Star Wars: Legion.

You can pre-order your copies of the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion and the Barricades Pack at your local retailer or online through our webstore today! Then, read on for more of what you can find within these two expansion packs.


Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion
Your battles might take you to planets across the galaxy, but one thing that most games of Star Wars: Legion have in common are your objectives. Objective tokens are commonly placed on the battlefield at the beginning of the game as the players select the objective card that will be used for their game. These objective tokens could represent crates of supplies, communications relays, or key positions on the battlefield, but with the addition of the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion, you can bring your objective tokens to life with twelve new objective miniatures.


Rather than a flat piece of punchboard, the objective miniatures included in the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion spring off of the battlefield, providing a clearly visible and thematic place for you to direct your army. Within this expansion, you’ll find three comms stations, four moisture vaporators, and five supply crates, each giving you the perfect way to mark an objective token on the battlefield, no matter which objective card you’re using. And of course, even if you’re not marking objective tokens, each of the miniatures in this expansion can stand in as terrain, bringing an added layer of Star Wars theme to your games of Star Wars: Legion.

You’ll also find new variety for your conflicts in the three brand-new battle cards included in the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion. Sabotage the Moisture Vaporators puts the new moisture vaporator miniatures to good work—one player is tasked with repairing the four moisture vaporators scattered across the field, while the other player must attempt to sabotage them. A new deployment card, Advanced Positions, puts both armies in opposite corners of the battlefield and allows them to adapt and move, scouting in advance to gain the upper hand. Finally, the Minefield condition card transforms any battleground into a lethal deathtrap, sprinkling mines around the battlefield. Whenever a unit gets too close, they run the risk of setting off a detonation that could shatter even the toughest defenses.

Between twelve new objective miniatures and three new battle cards, the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion promises to reshape your games of Star Wars: Legion and draw you into the Galactic Civil War like never before.


Barricades Pack
When you’re seeking protection from enemy blaster fire, there are few substitutes for the solid weight of a barricade between you and your foes. Decorate your games with more terrain and provide cover for your troopers with the Barricades Pack for Star Wars: Legion!

Within this expansion, you’ll find eight unpainted barricades, identical to the barricades included in the Star Wars: Legion Core Set. By doubling your supply of barricades, you can create even more variety in your battles, sprinkling barricades across the field and providing places for units on either side to hunker down and take refuge from enemy fire. You can use these barricades as decorative terrain for an Imperial installment or a secret Rebel base—or you can integrate them fully into your game by providing heavy cover for any unit that hides behind them. Either way, the Barricades Pack invites you to bring a little more Star Wars flavor into your planetary battles.


Enter the Star Wars Galaxy
Supply crates, comms stations, moisture vaporators, and barricades—whether you’re fighting for the Galactic Empire or the Rebel Alliance, every new miniature in these expansions brings more of the Star Wars galaxy to life on your tabletop.

Look for the Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion (SWL16) and the Barricades Pack (SWL17) to be released in the second quarter of 2018! You can pre-order your copies at your local retailer or online through our website today.

   
Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

 Magnian wrote:
Sorry to jump on from nowhere, but I have an odd question. Given how dakkadakka is mostly focused on 40k, I'm somewhat surprised to see SW is popular here.
Given how vastly different these 2 franchises are, I tend to find myself drawn to one and repulsed by the other. So I guess I'm just wondering why it is well enough liked by people here?

The world would be a boring place if we could only like one thing.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Thargrim wrote:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/9/fortify-your-battlefield/

official terrain/objectives plus cards for Legion, and a spare barricades set. Definitely going to get the objectives, they look a lot cooler than card tokens on the table.


You get a set of Barricades in the core set anyway.

The objectives feel like a no brainer, but I'd like them on thinner bases. I'm not sure I can handle the little command console though. I'd just expect anyone who triggers it to immediately die.
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






Yep, the objective bits could be good, but I suspect a serious FFG pricetag.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




$25 MSRP. They are on miniature market for preorder
   
Made in us
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions




Philadelphia PA

I saw the core box set up on a demo table at a game store I was at today (not my local store, but near enough that I occasionally travel there). The minis looked surprisingly crisp and well done.

I'm seriously considering this game now.
   
Made in gb
Wrathful Warlord Titan Commander





Ramsden Heath, Essex

Are the crates cast onto the bases?

Seems like an odd choice if they are.

How do you promote your Hobby? - Legoburner "I run some crappy wargaming website " 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Nisse




Luton, UK

 notprop wrote:
Are the crates cast onto the bases?

Seems like an odd choice if they are.


Maybe base contact is an important consideration for scenarios?

“Good people are quick to help others in need, without hesitation or requiring proof the need is genuine. The wicked will believe they are fighting for good, but when others are in need they’ll be reluctant to help, withholding compassion until they see proof of that need. And yet Evil is quick to condemn, vilify and attack. For Evil, proof isn’t needed to bring harm, only hatred and a belief in the cause.” 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 ScarletRose wrote:
I saw the core box set up on a demo table at a game store I was at today (not my local store, but near enough that I occasionally travel there). The minis looked surprisingly crisp and well done.

I'm seriously considering this game now.


The dark side is calling out to you, don't fight it. As a wargame lover at heart and being a huge star wars fan I was in from the get go.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/03/12 01:43:54


 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





 Krinsath wrote:
 Magnian wrote:
Sorry to jump on from nowhere, but I have an odd question. Given how dakkadakka is mostly focused on 40k, I'm somewhat surprised to see SW is popular here.
Given how vastly different these 2 franchises are, I tend to find myself drawn to one and repulsed by the other. So I guess I'm just wondering why it is well enough liked by people here?


I'll give you credit that you promised an odd question and delivered. Your career in politics has been ruined by your ability to keep your word.

To attempt an answer, I'd say it's the same reason it's possible to like football and American football at the same time? It's fairly normal to be able to enjoy to different settings in the same genre as there's no requirement for exclusivity in one's preferences. Liking 40k doesn't mean I must therefore dislike Star Wars for not being 40k (or vice versa). Having read Tolkien and liking the MIddle-Earth setting doesn't mean I have to despise Game of Thrones's Westeros or Raymond E. Feist's Midkemia So forth and so on.

In my personal history both Star Wars and Warhammer were major components of my childhood. They both have their strengths and both have their flaws, but the fact that they're different means they can both have a niche because one doesn't do what the other does. I would find, and expect is fairly common, that franchises that *aren't* vastly different are the ones most likely to not be "liked enough" to have a real following in comparison.

You'd have to elaborate more on your personal preferences, though I understand not wanting to skew the conversation at the outset.


Thanks for your effort at indulging my idle curiosity. Over the past couple of years I've often on various forums seen friendly (and not so friendly) banter along the lines of "SW vs. 40k, who wins?". What was interesting in all of these was the level of engagement. As for the examples you've given, I understand the point and can possibly even expand a bit on it. With Star Trek I've mostly found the tv show to be no more than a passable time waster. But the last couple of movies on the other hand was nice. This is all part, I suppose of trying to keep a franchise fresh. If it is done wrong, people lose interest. Plenty of people are bemoaning this very issue with the new 40k. Sorry for rambling, thanks anyway.
   
Made in us
Captain





LA

Two new desert 3x3 gaming mats from FFG, specifically for Legion. They are getting a mixed reception due to having so many terrain features but I think they look pretty good. And because i'm in the states I can get these mats cheaper than the ones from the UK which tend to have expensive shipping.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/prepare-your-troops/

Spoiler:



 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





Cymru

Nipped into firestorm games today and they had a demo copy

Not see no any size comparison pics yet so got some pics with some of their nearby Necromunda minis. (bear in mine the goliaths a big gits and the Esther has platform shoes)

Troops


Luke


Guy with asthma


Quality looks good but they won’t fit in with my model collection (was praying for the production minis to be a bit smaller than the resin masters) so I’m out.


My P&M Shenanigans (40k mostly atm)

Diary of a Inquisitor (Other Sci fi in 40k fluff and Pics)
 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Are the Stormtroopers all a head taller than the rebels? No wonder Luke was "a little short".
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan





SoCal

Size matters not.

(Unless it's miniature scale )

   
Made in es
Skilled SDF-1 Pin-Point Barrier Jockey






Those production bases are kind of surprisingly tall...
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Those are indeed pretty tall (especially if they're Goliath height but without the bulk). The shape of the bases looks a bit... naff? Probably just because it's a departure from most other companies (which may be the point) but they just look odd to me.

Those pics do go some way to easing my concerns about production quality (some of the sculpts are still garbage mind...).
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






The good news though is that the figures aren't slotted or attached to the base (if the assembly video I saw was accurate). So you can mount them on whatever bases you want. I know I'd go Renedra like my 40K stuff if I ever did Star Wars.

Zero issue with silly tall bases I can ignore.

 
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

You can mount on alternate bases for the infantry but vehicles need to be mounted on the official bases as they are shaped to fit the movement tool.
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






Good point. I admit if I bought the minis I wouldn't be playing FFG's game, so I didn't think about that, lol.

 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






Even accounting for the taller base, those minis are taller than I expected. If I could into this, I'd definitely want to use a shorter base, and maybe file down the vehicle bases a little? It's a little thing, but it bothers me for some reason.

2000 Khorne Bloodbound (Skullfiend Tribe- Aqshy)
1000 Tzeentch Arcanites (Pyrofane Cult - Hysh) in progress
2000 Slaves to Darkness (Ravagers)
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





It doesn't realistically matter, but since the edges are slanted, if you make the base shorter you make it slightly smaller.

Personally, in hand I didn't notice the height, but I wasn't really working with the models either. I certainly notice it on the objective set though.
   
Made in us
Captain





LA




video from the developers, more or less a hype video. But they certainly seem enthusiastic about this game getting support for a good while. This will be out on the shelves this thursday, I got mine from a discount seller so with shipping and all I probably won't get to get going on this until early next week.

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Riverside, CA USA

I still may be able to sneak in some of my WotC stuff if I rebase everything on GW bases. People on the Facebook group have been split on the bases, a lot of people want to use clear acrylic and there's a number of companies already producing them, but the game is True LoS and some people are taking that to the point of if you can see Vader's lightsaber tip you have LoS to Vader, so if you use anything besides the official FFG bases then you can't use your figs in any organized play because that extra 2mm of height changes their profile. It's the whole "kneeling wrathlords" issue form 3rd edition all over again, I fething despise True LoS systems

I'll know soon enough, got my shipping notice this morning

~Kalamadea (aka ember)
My image gallery 
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Kalamadea wrote:
I still may be able to sneak in some of my WotC stuff if I rebase everything on GW bases. People on the Facebook group have been split on the bases, a lot of people want to use clear acrylic and there's a number of companies already producing them, but the game is True LoS and some people are taking that to the point of if you can see Vader's lightsaber tip you have LoS to Vader, so if you use anything besides the official FFG bases then you can't use your figs in any organized play because that extra 2mm of height changes their profile. It's the whole "kneeling wrathlords" issue form 3rd edition all over again, I fething despise True LoS systems

I'll know soon enough, got my shipping notice this morning


Ugh. I am ever more glad I decided to just get these to paint and use with generic, non-wallet-assaulting rules.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





 Yodhrin wrote:
 Kalamadea wrote:
I still may be able to sneak in some of my WotC stuff if I rebase everything on GW bases. People on the Facebook group have been split on the bases, a lot of people want to use clear acrylic and there's a number of companies already producing them, but the game is True LoS and some people are taking that to the point of if you can see Vader's lightsaber tip you have LoS to Vader, so if you use anything besides the official FFG bases then you can't use your figs in any organized play because that extra 2mm of height changes their profile. It's the whole "kneeling wrathlords" issue form 3rd edition all over again, I fething despise True LoS systems

I'll know soon enough, got my shipping notice this morning


Ugh. I am ever more glad I decided to just get these to paint and use with generic, non-wallet-assaulting rules.


I'm curious, what alternate rulesets are you using?

I don't like the typical counter heavy over design of FFG games. I found Imperial Assault to be confusing.
   
Made in gb
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Shadow Captain Edithae wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 Kalamadea wrote:
I still may be able to sneak in some of my WotC stuff if I rebase everything on GW bases. People on the Facebook group have been split on the bases, a lot of people want to use clear acrylic and there's a number of companies already producing them, but the game is True LoS and some people are taking that to the point of if you can see Vader's lightsaber tip you have LoS to Vader, so if you use anything besides the official FFG bases then you can't use your figs in any organized play because that extra 2mm of height changes their profile. It's the whole "kneeling wrathlords" issue form 3rd edition all over again, I fething despise True LoS systems

I'll know soon enough, got my shipping notice this morning


Ugh. I am ever more glad I decided to just get these to paint and use with generic, non-wallet-assaulting rules.


I'm curious, what alternate rulesets are you using?

I don't like the typical counter heavy over design of FFG games. I found Imperial Assault to be confusing.


Don't even know yet tbh, right now most of the non-GW rulesets I know are for fantasy.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





I would reccommend This is Not a Test, but thats more of a skirmish warband game akin to Necromunda than a skirmish battle game.

SAGA perhaps? Though again, thats geared more towards historical and fantasy themes with a heavy focus on melee.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: