Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: connor1994  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




connor1994

i sent him some guardsmen and in return he was supposed to send me some dark elder modles we agreed on the trade and i sent my gurad presuming he would also be sending he's dark elder

I hvae not recieved them and i have mailed him 4-5 times since the transaction the first time he said he had not recieved the guard and had sent the dark elder so i waited over the weekend and mailed him again to no reply i have mailed him a few times since and it has now been 2 wks or more with no reply

do not trade with this user

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/09/05 21:37:29


Chibi Bodge-Battle wrote:
Bedtime Horlicks malty drink: ON
Comfy Slippers: ON
and relax...
Only Slightly Crazy wrote: GO CROGGY GO!
Underhand wrote:
The answer is never the Devildog.




 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






croggy wrote:connor1994

i sent him some guardsmen and in return he was supposed to send me some dark elder modles we agreed on the trade and i sent my gurad presuming he would also be sending he's dark elder

I hvae not recieved them and i have mailed him 4-5 times since the transaction the first time he said he had not recieved the guard and had sent the dark elder so i waited over the weekend and mailed him again to no reply i have mailed him a few times since and it has now been 2 wks or more with no reply

do not trade with this user


Did you send the guardsmen with any sort of online tracking? Also, you might want to read up on the the swap shop mod's thread about trading tips as connor1994 sets off a few of the warning bells that are mentioned there. On the two days he posted in the swap shop, he started up 10 incorrectly formatted and occasionally unintelligible threads that ended up first getting closed and then deleted. Did you email him or PM him through dakka in an attempt to contact him? It might be a good idea to check with the mods and make sure he's not suspended for spamming the swap shop repeatedly; if he is, he won't be able to check or answer PM's.

   
Made in gb
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




I think so my mrs posted them (royal mail recorded / signed for or something )

and tbf i did not bother checking on him as i have never had any issues trading through dakka before

and yes i mailed him on dakka only as i stupidly did not ask for an email address

Chibi Bodge-Battle wrote:
Bedtime Horlicks malty drink: ON
Comfy Slippers: ON
and relax...
Only Slightly Crazy wrote: GO CROGGY GO!
Underhand wrote:
The answer is never the Devildog.




 
   
Made in us
Bloodthirsty Chaos Knight





Washington USA

I think Connor might be a little kid or something... seeing as how he spammed the swap shop and misspelled simple words such as "goblin".

On his profile he shows he knows another user, you should message them.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
http://www.commissar.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=connor1994

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/09/06 18:12:19


“Yesss! Just as planned!”
–Spoken by Xi’aquan, Lord of Change, in its death throes  
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User





he is a kid bt i have done a trade with him
   
Made in gb
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




plum you and connor are the same guy

i traded 20 guard for 20 DE

and O look

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/394863.page

this is obviously a con i want he's IP banned before anyone else gets stung

Chibi Bodge-Battle wrote:
Bedtime Horlicks malty drink: ON
Comfy Slippers: ON
and relax...
Only Slightly Crazy wrote: GO CROGGY GO!
Underhand wrote:
The answer is never the Devildog.




 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






croggy wrote:plum you and connor are the same guy


Seems to be true from the bad grammar, disregard for forum bumping/thread starting rules, and the same wants/haves.

connor1994 wrote:[Wants]
IG vehicles/HQ - Command Squad/Command Platoon
Elite - Storm Trooper,

[Haves]

Catachan Command Squad,
20 Catachan Jungle Fighters,
three Catachan Heavy Weapon Teams
one Sentinel.


http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/396228.page#3306843

plum wrote:
[Wants]
IG vehicles/HQ - Command Squad/Command Platoon
Elite - Storm Trooper,

[Haves]

Catachan Command Squad,
20 Catachan Jungle Fighters,
three Catachan Heavy Weapon Teams
one Sentinel.

some are painted all in good condition




http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/preList/394869/3282725.page#3282725

   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Barpharanges






Limbo

The situation is being dealt with currently.

Given that this TR is still "unresolved", I'll leave it open on the off chance that something comes up. However, unless you have further information with which to help croggy, please refrain from posting.

DS:80S+GM--B++I+Pwhfb/re#+D++A++/fWD-R+++T(O)DM+++

Madness and genius are separated by degrees of success.

Remember to follow the Swap Shop Rules and Guidelines! 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






I just noticed that connor has started posting on rogue market as well. If you can't get a hold of him here, you might be able to pm him there instead.

http://barter.battlefinder.com/members/4664-connor1994

   
Made in gb
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




[HAVE]
one Catachan Command Squad, 20 Catachan Jungle Fighters,

(^taken from one of he's posts on the 3rd of sept (2 days before i opened this thread) there which are all in the trade section also)

Looks like he is trying to ofload my guardsmen

Chibi Bodge-Battle wrote:
Bedtime Horlicks malty drink: ON
Comfy Slippers: ON
and relax...
Only Slightly Crazy wrote: GO CROGGY GO!
Underhand wrote:
The answer is never the Devildog.




 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






croggy wrote:[HAVE]
one Catachan Command Squad, 20 Catachan Jungle Fighters,

(^taken from one of he's posts on the 3rd of sept (2 days before i opened this thread) there which are all in the trade section also)

Looks like he is trying to ofload my guardsmen


I'd recommend posting in each of his multiple threads there and PM'ing him as to the status of your minis that he's trying to offload.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

If you have proof that he is attempting to sell your stuff without paying that is selling stolen items. Contact the local police with the evidence you have.

A night in the pokie never hurt anyone.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/09/14 20:57:24


251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

 
   
Made in eu
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





I realise you cannot post his personal details here but can you tell us which town he lives in?

Perhaps someone here knows him or games at the same clubs?

fieldable:
WIP:

sleazy builds a Reaver! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/207555.page 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Pipboy101 wrote:If you have proof that he is attempting to sell your stuff without paying that is selling stolen items. Contact the local police with the evidence you have.

A night in the pokie never hurt anyone.


Ok, he is not trying to sell stolen items.
Lets be clear on that before the OP gets into trouble.
Its a horrible situation but it is nothing more than a civil matter which in all honesty is not even worth pursuing.
I had this happen to me a few years back so i just turned up at the persons door one day and he literally gak himself and was happy to reimburse me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/09/15 12:27:30


 
   
Made in us
Bloodthirsty Chaos Knight





Washington USA

@sleazy-- his Rogue Market profile says he's from Leeds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/09/15 13:50:12


“Yesss! Just as planned!”
–Spoken by Xi’aquan, Lord of Change, in its death throes  
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Barpharanges






Limbo

Guys, keep it civil in here. Points and suggestions have been made which the OP may use to decide on a course of action, if any. Please keep these kinds of arguments out of these threads.

DS:80S+GM--B++I+Pwhfb/re#+D++A++/fWD-R+++T(O)DM+++

Madness and genius are separated by degrees of success.

Remember to follow the Swap Shop Rules and Guidelines! 
   
Made in us
Devestating Grey Knight Dreadknight






GBDarkAngel wrote:
Pipboy101 wrote:If you have proof that he is attempting to sell your stuff without paying that is selling stolen items. Contact the local police with the evidence you have.

A night in the pokie never hurt anyone.


Ok, he is not trying to sell stolen items.
Lets be clear on that before the OP gets into trouble.
Its a horrible situation but it is nothing more than a civil matter which in all honesty is not even worth pursuing.
I had this happen to me a few years back so i just turned up at the persons door one day and he literally gak himself and was happy to reimburse me.


If you attempt to sell or trade something that is not yours you are committing theft. What part of that do you not understand? The fact that this guy is doing this on multiple sites should be alarming to the community at large. I recommend that anybody with information about the poster in question to PM it to the parties that he has ripped off so that they can try to recover their goods.

DQ:70+S++G+M-B+I+Pw40k93+ID++A+/eWD156R++T(T)DM++


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




augustus5 wrote:
GBDarkAngel wrote:
Pipboy101 wrote:If you have proof that he is attempting to sell your stuff without paying that is selling stolen items. Contact the local police with the evidence you have.

A night in the pokie never hurt anyone.


Ok, he is not trying to sell stolen items.
Lets be clear on that before the OP gets into trouble.
Its a horrible situation but it is nothing more than a civil matter which in all honesty is not even worth pursuing.
I had this happen to me a few years back so i just turned up at the persons door one day and he literally gak himself and was happy to reimburse me.


If you attempt to sell or trade something that is not yours you are committing theft. What part of that do you not understand? The fact that this guy is doing this on multiple sites should be alarming to the community at large. I recommend that anybody with information about the poster in question to PM it to the parties that he has ripped off so that they can try to recover their goods.


Let me think....22 years in the UK justice system pretty much qualifies me to state that.

Here is how the conversation with the police will go down..

OP - The person is trying to sell items he conned out of me
Police - Ok, well he claims you traded them
OP - Thats correct but i didnt get my part of the trade.
Police - Well he claims he sent them sir so i suggest you take this up with the Royal Mail.

In order for the OP to claim theft, scammed etc etc..He has to be able to prove it happened and a few pm's on a forum do not prove that.

Devils Advocate time - How do you know the OP did not receive his part of the deal?
Oh because he posted it on the internet that he didnt so it must be right. Well then, thats a closed case and im sure the courts will hand down 10 years to him.

I have no reason to doubt the OP but the advice you are giving the guy is rubbish and i am quite sure if the OP calls his local Police they will confirm exactly what i have said.
   
Made in us
Devestating Grey Knight Dreadknight






I haven't said anything bad about the supposed thief, because I don't know how the trade went down. It's likely that the OP is telling the truth. My suggestion to try and make a report with the police is because in America, in civil court, if you attempt to make a case against somebody you claim stole from you but you haven't made a police report about the situation, then you are hurting your case.

DQ:70+S++G+M-B+I+Pw40k93+ID++A+/eWD156R++T(T)DM++


 
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Barpharanges






Limbo

Seriously guys, drop the argument. It's Off Topic and isn't really helping with resolving the issue. The points have been made.

If you wish to continue this argument, feel free to do so in the OT Forum. This thread is NOT the venue for this discussion.

Last warning.

DS:80S+GM--B++I+Pwhfb/re#+D++A++/fWD-R+++T(O)DM+++

Madness and genius are separated by degrees of success.

Remember to follow the Swap Shop Rules and Guidelines! 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

This user has been permanently suspended due to having 2 accounts trying to sell/trade the same items (which seem to be croggy's) as croggy and warboss mentioned above.

As Jin points out, we need this thread clear for those with information about this user or how to contact them to post, so any more general discussion about trading/police policies will simply be deleted.

Obviously, should anyone see these items posted on Dakka, please PM one of us or post here. (Or even if they're posted elsewhere, for that matter, as on Rogue Market above)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/09/15 14:43:51


 
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





nectarprime wrote:@sleazy-- his Rogue Market profile says he's from Leeds.



Just a thought but I think there are 2 GW stores in Leeds. Might be worth giving them a call and seeing if this kid is known to them?

fieldable:
WIP:

sleazy builds a Reaver! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/207555.page 
   
Made in gb
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




the address i was given to post to was in wakefield

Chibi Bodge-Battle wrote:
Bedtime Horlicks malty drink: ON
Comfy Slippers: ON
and relax...
Only Slightly Crazy wrote: GO CROGGY GO!
Underhand wrote:
The answer is never the Devildog.




 
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





St. Louis, MO

If anyone has any information on him (name, email address, IP, etc.), I'll be happy to look for him on Bartertown and supply any information I can find on him there.

Eric

(I'm hoping this isn't considered off-topic, since I am tyying to help. My apologies, if so.)

Black Fiend wrote: Okay all the ChapterHouse Nazis to the right!! All the GW apologists to the far left. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!
The Green Git wrote: I'd like to cross section them and see if they have TFG rings, but that's probably illegal.
Polonius wrote: You have to love when the most clearly biased person in the room is claiming to be objective.
Greebynog wrote:Us brits have a sense of fair play and propriety that you colonial savages can only dream of.
Stelek wrote: I know you're afraid. I want you to be. Because you should be. I've got the humiliation wagon all set up for you to take a ride back to suck city.
Quote: LunaHound--- Why do people hate unpainted models? I mean is it lacking the realism to what we fantasize the plastic soldier men to be?
I just can't stand it when people have fun the wrong way. - Chongara
I do believe that the GW "moneysheep" is a dying breed, despite their bleats to the contrary. - AesSedai
You are a thief and a predator of the wargaming community, and i'll be damned if anyone says differently ever again on my watch in these forums. -MajorTom11 
   
Made in gb
Sacrifice to the Dark Gods




Birmingham, UK

He's turned up on my site yesterday offering the same items. I was pointed to this topic by another member along with his post being reported.

EDIT: I have emailed him via my site stating that he should return the items to croggy and to claim for loss of his parcel (if he sent it) via the post office. I've also banned him from my site, and there's a warning about him in our moderator forum too pointing to this thread on Dakka and a copy of his IP address and email address in case they are needed for future reference. Have sent a PM to RiTides with the info I have to check it tallies up with what you already have.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/09/16 11:45:35


Dan
Age of Strife Owner/Admin
AB40k Site Admin/File Beta Tester

 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

We're checking to verify, but given the name he used (same as here) and the items offered (also the same) it's without a doubt the same user.

Hopefully he wises up and returns the items...

   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: