Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R: AoS v3 and Dominion p.172.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
[DCM]
Pious Warrior Priest





My happy place.

honestly If I could just have a 10 man unit of vampire infantry so i can use my reaper collection, that'd be swell.


I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

Co-owner of Two Idiots Printing Service, a 3D printing service. 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






It would have been nice of them to show the side that wasn't foreseeably in the starter box. I guess with the revision to the Sigmarine look at least there's some surprise there. It'll be good to see 360s of the spear boys and girls. They seem to look pretty cool. The mountain of armor, not so much.

Biggest thing about this is that maybe Destruction gets the same treatment in 3rd ed as Death got in 2nd ed and stops being the trash alliance.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yes its more Stormcast.
*shrug*
That said they are(so far) very cool looking new Stormcast and IMO a big improvement on the existing style.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Geifer wrote:
It would have been nice of them to show the side that wasn't foreseeably in the starter box. I guess with the revision to the Sigmarine look at least there's some surprise there. It'll be good to see 360s of the spear boys and girls. They seem to look pretty cool. The mountain of armor, not so much.

Biggest thing about this is that maybe Destruction gets the same treatment in 3rd ed as Death got in 2nd ed and stops being the trash alliance.


Well after the Vampire release, and assuming that they release a new cross faction plastic vargheist; that will mean that Death is fully complete in terms of plastic support, modern plastics and no finecast. Sure Flesheaters and Ossiarchs are still on the "small" size in army diversity, but they are very functional forces in their own right. Indeed Death will be the first and only "complete" Grand Alliance in terms of being fully updated. So that leaves the table ripe and open for Destruction to get some Attention.

Chaos is honestly not that far behind. All four of the core Chaos Gods have had nice updates so far; Beasts are in not a bad spot, which leaves Skaven open for a big update to push them into modern plastics for more of their range.

   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




GoatboyBeta wrote:
Yes its more Stormcast.
*shrug*
That said they are(so far) very cool looking new Stormcast and IMO a big improvement on the existing style.

Last Sigmarine release prior to Garrus Vakarian this year was 2018, 3 years with no models seems like decent gap?

As for the opponents, I wonder if it won't just be beasts of chaos, but like...done well this time?
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







The teaser is suuuuper blatantly Fimir. To the point that the only way it isn't Fimir is if GW intentionally wanted to misdirect.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Yeah im thinking FIMIR too but we never know, it may well be spidergobbos with all those eyes splashed on the artwork.

Either way if done right this new starter is probably going to sell like hotcakes.

   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 lord_blackfang wrote:
The teaser is suuuuper blatantly Fimir. To the point that the only way it isn't Fimir is if GW intentionally wanted to misdirect.


GW does that a lot Seraphon have had multiple models in the rumour engine that all turned out to be dead lizard skins on models - one was even on a space marine!
That said Fimir are way back into the Zoat era of wargaming. GW have shown that they are keen to bring stuff back from those times, but at the same time its such an old reference that it might be GW is going somewhere else entirely. There's been talk of those insectoid "silent ones" and such as well and it could be them instead; or marsh gobboes and spider scuttling gobbos and such.

   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







I'd much prefer any of those things to Fimir, myself! I don't understand the grognards' fascination with them.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Me neither. To me they were always just one random enemy from WHRP, it has to be the same weird obsession as with malal, the god of nostalgia after 80s.
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







I would be happy either way since Orcs and Goblins and Stormcast are my main factions.

Those 3 shield faces on the artwork banner do look so green skin.

Its safer for GW to release a flavour of goblins rather than an "extinct" faction in a starter. I wonder if they do an Indomitus thing and then break it down in smaller boxsets.

   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Well they did have some Forgeworld models for a time and even a hint that FW was going to expand them into a full army. Much like Chaos Dwarves and squats they are something that was that captured the imagination of some, but which have never arisen in a big way since the early days. They have stuck around long term and remained in the background.

Heck GW has been teasing people with Exodites for near on 30 years.


GW has a lot of these things that hang on and whcih have their own loyal and dedicated fanbase eager to see GW release them and to see what GW would do with them (and eager to see every rumour and hint as proof that they are coming).

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Overread wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
The teaser is suuuuper blatantly Fimir. To the point that the only way it isn't Fimir is if GW intentionally wanted to misdirect.


GW does that a lot Seraphon have had multiple models in the rumour engine that all turned out to be dead lizard skins on models - one was even on a space marine!
That said Fimir are way back into the Zoat era of wargaming. GW have shown that they are keen to bring stuff back from those times, but at the same time its such an old reference that it might be GW is going somewhere else entirely. There's been talk of those insectoid "silent ones" and such as well and it could be them instead; or marsh gobboes and spider scuttling gobbos and such.


I'm all for some spider goblins (preferably forest goblins and not scuttlings), but I think we'd know from the teaser. They'd have definitely added some creepy insect scurrying noises as a teaser. I do think we could be getting something Greenskin related. One of the new Slimcast appears to be standing over a traditional orc-y glyph

Are fimir really that outdated and old? Forgeworld brought them back, before canceling the line after only a unit and a champion. They were chaos followers and even popped up in Total War Warhammer. I'm not sure if they've been teased anywhere in AOS though; I figured the Fomoroid crusher was the reimagining of them, given his one eye and similar name.
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






 lord_blackfang wrote:
I'd much prefer any of those things to Fimir, myself! I don't understand the grognards' fascination with them.


I'm not saying Fimir or bust, but truthfully even if I didn't remember Fimir from way back when I'd take an entirely different race over another variation of goblin without a second thought. I'd take killer squirrels over more goblins if it gave Grand Alliance Destruction a little more breadth.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'm not a grognard and I dont remember the Fimir, so there's no nostalgia element for me rooting for them to come back.

It all boils down to the fact that they have GREAT design. They just have this wonderful presence of being baleful monsters full of ill intent even better then most of the chaos stuff does.

Honestly I think it's a huge pity they were damned by the twin sins of bad rules and bad-taste fluff.

   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Did they give more specifics when they think the 3.0 will be released? The only thing I remember from yesterday is the "coming months" and that can mean anything.


   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





No, but there are supposed to be two more preview this month so i think it's pretty likely it will be out soon, maybe even mid june-soon.

   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





Unlikely gw would release it sooner than editions in general let alone now...

2021 painted/bought: 506/499 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





Also the sigmar coin is this month..

Its very difficult (with all the vampires and kragnos) but it would be nice if we have a preview of the full box next week or the next.

Preorder of the box 29th

And 29th other preview/celebration talking a little about the future of the edition, and other units that these 2 armies will have (maybe in one month or more)

something like that they did with 40k right?

I do not think it will happen, but it is the only explanation I can find for the sigmar coin, and that there are 2 more previews this month.
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





Uh 40k they gave first previews in may, game came july...


2021 painted/bought: 506/499 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

GW already has a campaign book and Vampires to get out of the door for AoS before 3.0 lands. I would estimate that as they typically look at a 3 month window for previews that 3.0 will come around late July/August period.

That might be a month or so later than originally planned, but is still well within the summer period.

   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





You know that's far more realistic and what i should set my expectations to.

   
Made in lt
Longtime Dakkanaut






I remember, FW on their stream once said that if anything goes out from their range, it might someday return in another form. So far this was true with Zone Mortalis and their paint range. So I don't see any reason why Fimir can't be another thing GW has taken under its wing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/09 15:10:24


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 CragHack wrote:
I remember, FW on their stream once said that if anything goes out from their range, it might someday return in another form. So far this was true with Zone Mortalis and their paint range. So I don't see any reason why Fimir can't be another thing GW has taken under its wing.


A better example would be the renegade psyker that just got repurposed into a necromundan bounty hunter. FW stuff does return, albeit rarely. The rogue idol came back, for example. But still no chaos war mammoth
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

It's designed in the same ecosystem so some stuff comes back and some won't. Partly because what we get starts out likely in the same body of designs and inspirations at the back end.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Sooooooo any previews for the rules for 3.0 yet or all just speculation?

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Sooooooo any previews for the rules for 3.0 yet or all just speculation?


Well, the developer interview told us they're going to be the biggest and best Age of Sigmar rules ever, and we're all going to love them. So there's that!
   
Made in au
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus






I assume with 3.0 being announced, Vamps won’t release before that, right? Or will they release them before 3rd with a 2.5 book?

I’m really intrigued by them! And there would be something very cool about knightly Stormcast fight vampires and skellies and zombies.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Rihgu wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Sooooooo any previews for the rules for 3.0 yet or all just speculation?


Well, the developer interview told us they're going to be the biggest and best Age of Sigmar rules ever, and we're all going to love them. So there's that!

AKA typical GW speak

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

We know the double-turn is still in, which means so am I!
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: