Switch Theme:

Transaction Report - Groo The Wanderer.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




The Transaction Report refers to this thread http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/425451.page

i need to be incredibly careful what I write about this guy and what truths I tell (even though I can back them up 100%) as I have been informed by Manchu that if I do inform the Dakka community about certain things about Groo the Watcher <personal info redacted> then he will ban me from this forum.
I can only assume they are friends and he does not wish the whole picture to be painted.
On that note I will just stick strictly to what is missing from the trade.
Its rather empty though as it does not tell the whole story as to how nasty and abusive this guy really is.

The items I am missing are

40 x Terminators.
6 x Bikes
9 x Landspeeders
4 KG of Bitz. (This was hilarious as he claimed that ......Wait for it......His Luggage scales must have been off by 4kg)

I have tried to call him numerous times on his phone but he either just got really abusive or his wife came on the phone and threatened to call the police and make some really vile accusations against me.
I contacted the Police local to him and I was advised by them to just "Write it off" due to previous dealings they have had with him.

I am posting this for 2 reasons.

1. That no one else falls into this trap and deals with him.
2. That the person he sold some Bitz, Termies and Landspeeders to will be man enough to come forward. (I have been informed who you are and it came of no surprise that you were involved in this scam).

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2012/02/16 14:44:12


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Eternal Plague

Groo the Wanderer does have a past of questionable deals:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/252215.page#903270

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/281071.page#1362651

However, it does appear you do have a contentious relationship with the moderators and Groo the Wanderer has resolved a previous dispute.

GBDarkAngel wrote:i need to be incredibly careful what I write about this guy and what truths I tell (even though I can back them up 100%) as I have been informed by Manchu that if I do inform the Dakka community about certain things about Groo the Watcher personal info redacted then he will ban me from this forum.
I can only assume they are friends and he does not wish the whole picture to be painted.


I assume Manchu told you to be careful because of your past with regards to your history of posts about Groo the Wanderer

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/428400.page#3885819

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/427659.page#3873057

I do not know all the details, but something you are doing is not within the guidelines of the forums and ergo I assume in discussion with Manchu, he told you explicitly what not to do.

Suffice to say, I would still continue to talk to Groo the Wanderer, or reach out to his community if you can find out where he games and the like to see if it is possible to get to a resolution; and as a last resort, use legal options when all else fails.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2012/02/16 16:45:37


   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Pigeons in Flight






In my Austin Ambassador Y Reg

WarOne wrote:

I assume Manchu told you to be careful because of your past with regards to your history of posts about Groo the Wanderer

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/428400.page#3885819

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/427659.page#3873057

I do not know all the details, but something you are doing is not within the guidelines of the forums and ergo I assume in discussion with Manchu, he told you explicitly what not to do.


Correct. Let's be quite clear here; there is no conspiracy or collusion to protect 'scammers' - all we are asking is that Transaction Reports be handled in a calm and considered fashion. However, Dakka Rule #1 still applies; we understand that people may be upset at a trade gone bad but both parties have right of reply and have the opportunity to air their side of the story - that is the whole point of a TR, it is supposed to be a chance at allowing genuine mediation to take place and a chance, however slim, at a resolution. Throwing insults at one another is not conducive to reasonable resolution.

=====Begin Dakka Geek Code=====
DC:80-S--G+MB+I+Pw40k95+D++A+++/sWD144R+T(S)DM+
======End Dakka Geek Code======

Click here for retro Nintendo reviews

My Project Logs:
30K Death Guard, 30K Imperial Fists

Completed Armies so far (click to view Army Profile):
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




filbert wrote:
WarOne wrote:

I assume Manchu told you to be careful because of your past with regards to your history of posts about Groo the Wanderer

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/428400.page#3885819

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/427659.page#3873057

I do not know all the details, but something you are doing is not within the guidelines of the forums and ergo I assume in discussion with Manchu, he told you explicitly what not to do.


Correct. Let's be quite clear here; there is no conspiracy or collusion to protect 'scammers' - all we are asking is that Transaction Reports be handled in a calm and considered fashion. However, Dakka Rule #1 still applies; we understand that people may be upset at a trade gone bad but both parties have right of reply and have the opportunity to air their side of the story - that is the whole point of a TR, it is supposed to be a chance at allowing genuine mediation to take place and a chance, however slim, at a resolution. Throwing insults at one another is not conducive to reasonable resolution.


There was no insults fired towards the guy.
The info posted was all 100% correct and accurate and part of public records if you know where to look.
It was posted to add weight to the type of person he is. No other reason and if truth be told I am in possession of an email from Manchu where Manchu has accused me of saying things that I did not say.
So its ok for Manchu to email me (to my personal email address) with some slanderous allegations but not ok for me to post the truth?
Also there is no way in hell I will get the missing things or a refund as they are now in the possesion of another person who was actively involved in this scam and that is all it seems to have been, nothing more than a scam.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/02/16 14:38:54


 
   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Pigeons in Flight






In my Austin Ambassador Y Reg

GBDarkAngel wrote:

There was no insults fired towards the guy.
The info posted was all 100% correct and accurate and part of public records if you know where to look.
It was posted to add weight to the type of person he is. No other reason and if truth be told I am in possession of an email from Manchu where Manchu has accused me of saying things that I did not say.
So its ok for Manchu to email me (to my personal email address) with some slanderous allegations but not ok for me to post the truth?
Also there is no way in hell I will get the missing things or a refund as they are now in the possesion of another person who was actively involved in this scam and that is all it seems to have been, nothing more than a scam.


If you have a dispute about moderation, then I would suggest the best place to resolve it is either with the Moderator in question or with Yakface, the site owner. In partial answer, we do not allow personal information to be posted in a TR, no matter whether it is available in the public domain or not. If you wish to share personal information with other users, then you may do so via PM. I'm sure you wouldn't like your name and address plastered over the internet without your express permission; it is simply a matter of courtesy - again, rule #1 applies; be polite.

=====Begin Dakka Geek Code=====
DC:80-S--G+MB+I+Pw40k95+D++A+++/sWD144R+T(S)DM+
======End Dakka Geek Code======

Click here for retro Nintendo reviews

My Project Logs:
30K Death Guard, 30K Imperial Fists

Completed Armies so far (click to view Army Profile):
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Just to clarify to all that Filberts comment that I splashed personal info on Groo the Watcher on the forum is completely wrong.





Mod Edit: I am referring specifically to posting his name in the OP. If you wish to share his name, address or further info with other users then we ask you do so via PM.

Thanks!

Filbert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2012/02/16 16:35:33


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





So, besides breaking the rules several times, you are accusing the Mods of being liars?
   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Pigeons in Flight






In my Austin Ambassador Y Reg

OK can we please cut out the OT chatter - this isn't the relevant place for discussion. Please keep all comments strictly relating to the Transaction Report. If you have nothing pertinent to add then please do not post.

=====Begin Dakka Geek Code=====
DC:80-S--G+MB+I+Pw40k95+D++A+++/sWD144R+T(S)DM+
======End Dakka Geek Code======

Click here for retro Nintendo reviews

My Project Logs:
30K Death Guard, 30K Imperial Fists

Completed Armies so far (click to view Army Profile):
 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: