Switch Theme:

Blood Bowl News & Rumors: Dungeon Bowl pg 150  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Sneaky Lictor





London

I can see what they were going for but I think they've overdone the headturn by about 20 degrees to look natural.

And yes, a real wolf probably can do that but they don't have arms, so they look okay.
   
Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Wilhelm Chaney. Can see this sculpt dividing opinion.



It’s one of the better Werewolf sculpts I’ve seen in my time, though I agree with the comment above that perhaps the head turn is a bit extreme.

Most importantly though it has bags of character, and looks the part.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




Yeah, that's... a sculpt.
When I opened up the image in my ipad this morning, it took a moment to figure out what I was looking at. Was thinking the skull was the head and the rest just... a mess of limbs and protrusions.

Once I read that it was supposed to be a werewolf I was able to put the image together properly, but it didn't gel at all at first look. Just too many pieces of unexpected gear and weird angles.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Wilhelm Chaney. Can see this sculpt dividing opinion.

Spoiler:
Utterly ridiculous. Wolves don't wear pants. Everyone knows this.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Krazy Grot Kutta Driva





Remove the football and he's doing ballet.
Like all good werewolves do.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

PourSpelur wrote:
Remove the football and he's doing ballet.
Like all good werewolves do.


Must. Resist. Desire. To. Greenstuff. Tutu!

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 Jadenim wrote:
PourSpelur wrote:
Remove the football and he's doing ballet.
Like all good werewolves do.


Must. Resist. Desire. To. Greenstuff. Tutu!


Don't forget the tattered remnants of ballet shoes on his feet...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

 Dysartes wrote:
 Jadenim wrote:
PourSpelur wrote:
Remove the football and he's doing ballet.
Like all good werewolves do.


Must. Resist. Desire. To. Greenstuff. Tutu!


Don't forget the tattered remnants of ballet shoes on his feet...


He already has some straps around one calf, so just paint them pink to match the tutu.

 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Based on previous BB releases, is it safe to assume that the new Khorne team roster will be 0-16 Khorneline, 0-4 Khorne berserkers and 0-2 Khorngors? Could they be hiding a minotaur release? Once again, it'll be difficult to flesh out a full team without buying an entire box for the extra linemen... Anybody hear differently?
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

Most folks have seen it but for the sake of completeness, Gen Con reveal, Khorne team.








 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Anvilbrow wrote:
Based on previous BB releases, is it safe to assume that the new Khorne team roster will be 0-16 Khorneline, 0-4 Khorne berserkers and 0-2 Khorngors? Could they be hiding a minotaur release? Once again, it'll be difficult to flesh out a full team without buying an entire box for the extra linemen... Anybody hear differently?

Probably definitely a 0-12 line-dudes list, with 0-4 of the other two positions, unless they sneak in a 0-2 “runner” type as well in which case 0-2 Khornegors would fit.
0-16s tend (only tend, not a hard rule) to be “bad” players as in S2 or with negative traits.
Almost certainly at least one Big Guy position, possibly 0-2 Minotaurs but chaos ogres might be available too in which case it’ll be 0-1 each. I reckon trolls are unlikely to be an option.
But that’s basically pure speculation; no-one has any actual rumours regarding the roster that I’m aware of. Many people seem to be assuming they will be a nearly untouched reprise of the Khorne daemon team from the FUMBBL “secret” teams list, for what that’s worth.


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Chaos Chosen, Humans, Necro, Orcs, Skaven all still have 0-16 for their base linemen. I know that all of the elves, dwarfs, skinks etc. were dropped to 12 in the new ed. I think you're right, probably a 0-12 position, but wouldn't be shocked if they were 0-16 if there is no big guy position. I sincerely hope they don't have 0-4 khorngors and only two in the box... GW would never put only 2 of a 0-4 in the team box...

I'm a bit surprised that aside from speculation based on the releases of Scylla and Max, there were no solid rumors about the Khorne team.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to update my Greebo Khorne team and at the current release rate, it could be months before we know more...
   
Made in us
Humorless Arbite





California

I sure hope the Khorne warriors have the tab on their foot to insert into the base slots. If it's another deal like the wood elf catchers it'll turn me off from the kit for sure.

 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





big guy?



https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/21/khorne-teams-are-coming-to-blood-bowl-but-what-made-them-forsake-the-battlefield/
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

I must admit that I like the fact that the most successful Khorne team has only taken to trying to actually win games so that they can climb the league and take more prestigious skulls.
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User






Most certainly, yes. Called a Bloodspawn (too keep with the unimaginative naming convention that gave Nurgle the Rotspawn), and, judging by the description, probably with Frenzy and Claws.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

morgaur wrote:


Most certainly, yes. Called a Bloodspawn (too keep with the unimaginative naming convention that gave Nurgle the Rotspawn).


Waiting for the Schemespawn and edited by moderator then.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/21 15:35:40


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User




Great. Now I'm unable to think of any other valid name for them, thank you.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Frenzy fest:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/23/these-khorne-team-stats-let-you-master-the-art-of-grievous-violence-on-the-gridiron/
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Wilhelm Chaney. Can see this sculpt dividing opinion.

Spoiler:
Utterly ridiculous. Wolves don't wear pants. Everyone knows this.


Exactly. What do they think he is, a wearwolf?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 GaroRobe wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Wilhelm Chaney. Can see this sculpt dividing opinion.

Spoiler:
Utterly ridiculous. Wolves don't wear pants. Everyone knows this.


Exactly. What do they think he is, a wearwolf?


It's all because of the Jean-Stealers from 40k
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Two classic teams coming back for a Made to Order run next week - anyone planning on picking up the Tomb Kings or Amazons?

For anyone with an Amazon team already, are there three or four Blitzers in the team shot? And I take it the different heads are what distinguishes the Blitzers and Throwers on the Tomb Kings team, though I really wish the latter were at least holding a ball...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





Sydney, Australia

 Dysartes wrote:
Two classic teams coming back for a Made to Order run next week - anyone planning on picking up the Tomb Kings or Amazons?

For anyone with an Amazon team already, are there three or four Blitzers in the team shot? And I take it the different heads are what distinguishes the Blitzers and Throwers on the Tomb Kings team, though I really wish the latter were at least holding a ball...


I think honestly this is a pretty bad faith release. Neither have a full roster, and the missing ones are the ones that define the teams (Tomb Guardians and a Blitzer) so you have to buy 2 sets to actually get the team you'll want to play. I was convinced I'd buy the Khemri until I noticed, and now I'm just disappointed

DC:90S++G+++MB+IPvsf17#++D++A+++/mWD409R+++T(Ot)DM+

I mainly play skirmish games, but am still fairly active with 40k. I play Warcry, Arena Rex, Middle-Earth, Blood Bowl, Batman, Star Wars Legion and The Other Side as well, but my main game is Malifaux.

My plog- https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/787134.page
My blog- https://fistfulofminiatures.blogspot.com/
My gaming Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/fistfulofminis/ 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

So does this hint that these teams won't see plastic releases?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




It just means they have got to these two in the made to order shedule. Teams have been MtO and then done in plastic before.

And a bad faith release? They are just doing the teams as they were originally released 20 - 30 years ago. Saves a fortune vs ebay prices.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/04 09:57:24


 
   
Made in at
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





 privateer4hire wrote:
So does this hint that these teams won't see plastic releases?

Wood Elves, Halflings and Ogres had a MTO run in 2017 and are now in plastic, so they might not see plastics in the immediate future but will get them eventually.
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block





 privateer4hire wrote:
So does this hint that these teams won't see plastic releases?


Main thing it suggests is that they're not in the immediate release schedule as it'd cause the fanbase to rightly moan if a plastic version came out in the near future. MTO teams in the last year have been Chaos Dwarves, Amazons and Khemri and before the Pandemic BB used to put out teams on a quarterly basis. Khorne looks to be out before the end of 2021.

If GW can get their production back into something equating normality and there isn't a 4th Covid wave (looking positive right now in the UK at least) then hopefully we get 4 releases in 2022. The remaining Teams of Legend that haven't seen MTO releases in recent times are High Elves, Norse and Vampires. If they're mixed into the 2022 schedule along with potentially more new teams (like Khorne, Snotlings, Black Orcs and Nobility) then you're probably looking at 2023+ for plastic versions of Khemri and Amazons now.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Helves and Vamps were the last made to order.
   
Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






Squeak!



The Verminator.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Plastic or resin?

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: