Switch Theme:

Hachette Warhammer Imperium magazine  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Im debating whether to get it, do you get to pick your subscription date?
I can totally sell some stuff i dont want, i have necron friends and sisters friends.


All you can pick in the US is whether you want to start with issue 1 or issue 2. And then enter your payment details. No options to pick a start date, or any indication really when it will start shipping.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

Do we know what's in the Citadel Modelling kit subscription gift?

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

 Platuan4th wrote:
Do we know what's in the Citadel Modelling kit subscription gift?


Just what it shows - cheap clippers, the mini mold line tool, and some glue. I’ve found the mold line tool does work, but the small one is hard to handle.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

Oh. Whoops, didn't see that page, lol.

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




You're forgetting sales tax. North American prices never include it because it differs from province to province/state to state (and even city to city in the US). The UK price includes 20% VAT so to have a real comparison you need to multiply all the UK prices by 5/6.


I just subscribed here in the states and no additional tax was added, so it seems to be baked into the price here as well.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




lurch wrote:
You're forgetting sales tax. North American prices never include it because it differs from province to province/state to state (and even city to city in the US). The UK price includes 20% VAT so to have a real comparison you need to multiply all the UK prices by 5/6.


I just subscribed here in the states and no additional tax was added, so it seems to be baked into the price here as well.


What state are you in?
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Done some sums, which suggest the US folks are in for some solid savings.

U.K. cover price is £8.99. So across the 80 issue run, that’s a total cost of £719.20.

US cover price is $11.95. So across the 80 issue run, that’s a total cost of $956.

At the current exchange rate, if we convert USD to GBP? £693.24

That of course doesn’t allow for local taxes. You’ll need to work those out for yourself.

But we can confidentially say the US has a better price - and because GW have a hefty markup on their own exchange rate? If you’ve any interest in the offerings, you’d be daft not to sign up.

I’ll leave it to someone else to price it all up in USD, but if memory serves, Valrak pegged the U.K. price as a roughly 40% saving. US may be looking at closer to 60% compared to GW’s USD price.

I just hope Hachette do singles in the US as they do in the U.K. Because Flayed Ones! (No I am not going to shut up that I can finally, with a wee bit of patience, get not only non-sucky Flayed Ones, but for a pretty decent price!)

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Mississippi, I thought we had an online sales tax requirement but on googling it seems it might be a little more complicated.
   
Made in us
Infiltrating Broodlord




Lake County, Illinois

But isn't it $11.95 per issue plus shipping? It says "The first shipment is free, after that there is $4.95 S&H."
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Albino Squirrel wrote:
But isn't it $11.95 per issue plus shipping? It says "The first shipment is free, after that there is $4.95 S&H."


Assuming it's the same as the UK (and other countries) then you'll get one shipment of 4 issues per month, so it would be $11.95x4 + $4.95 per 4 issues, so $52.75 per month, $13.19 per issue.
   
Made in us
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Tavis75 wrote:
 Albino Squirrel wrote:
But isn't it $11.95 per issue plus shipping? It says "The first shipment is free, after that there is $4.95 S&H."


Assuming it's the same as the UK (and other countries) then you'll get one shipment of 4 issues per month, so it would be $11.95x4 + $4.95 per 4 issues, so $52.75 per month, $13.19 per issue.


Their website said that it'll work the same here in the US.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

Yes, shipping definitely needs to be part of the decision process as to how much ‘value’ is involved, at $4.95 each delivery after the first. $99 extra in the US, as they need to make twenty more deliveries after the first one, since it’s only 2 issues in the first one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/01 14:15:28


 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

Wait, so in the UK Hachette does allow people to buy extra copies of certain issues?

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

chaos0xomega wrote:
Wait, so in the UK Hachette does allow people to buy extra copies of certain issues?


Hachette have a webstore so you can grab individual issues there (stock is limited). Some retailers also stock individual issues, Forbidden Planet being the best one.
   
Made in us
Gun Mage





In theory in the US, anything online you don't pay sales tax on you're supposed to list it and pay it when you file your yearly taxes. In practice, everyone ignores that.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Aeneades wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
Wait, so in the UK Hachette does allow people to buy extra copies of certain issues?


Hachette have a webstore so you can grab individual issues there (stock is limited). Some retailers also stock individual issues, Forbidden Planet being the best one.


And here it is.

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/warhammer-40k-conquest/

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Aeneades wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
Wait, so in the UK Hachette does allow people to buy extra copies of certain issues?


Hachette have a webstore so you can grab individual issues there (stock is limited). Some retailers also stock individual issues, Forbidden Planet being the best one.


And here it is.

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/warhammer-40k-conquest/


They've brought Conquest back again. It was removed in its entirety last month.

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Niiiice. Now let's see if Forbidden Planet gets more.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Dear Lord, not sure if it is my browser (Chrome) or what but that Hachette website is a nightmare to buy anything from, search or even stay logged in. It is as if they actively do not want money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/03 09:13:50


Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Killer Klaivex







I ordered a batch of stuff last year from them. It never arrived, their customer services never processed the refund they repeatedly promised, and it took a literal 24 hour notice of serving them a small claims court action to get them to send me a cheque. I know I wasn't alone either. Don't ever buy from them direct.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/03 00:27:51



 
   
Made in us
Lesser Daemon of Chaos





So I signed up for the USA version last night. They charged me but no email confirmation or anything...... anyone else have this happen?

"I prayed to that corpse for a millenia with no response, what makes you think he'll answer you?"
2000 Loki Snaketongue and the Serpents of Malice  
   
Made in us
Bounding Dark Angels Assault Marine





Vegas Baby

2x210 wrote:
So I signed up for the USA version last night. They charged me but no email confirmation or anything...... anyone else have this happen?


Same here. Havent got an email confirmation either.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Ketara wrote:
I ordered a batch of stuff last year from them. It never arrived, their customer services never processed the refund they repeatedly promised, and it took a literal 24 hour notice of serving them a small claims court action to get them to send me a cheque. I know I wasn't alone either. Don't ever buy from them direct.

I'm in the middle of trying to deal with pretty much the same situation. They suck, and I'd suggest anyone thinking of buying direct from them take this into account when ordering.
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

I had the same situation, I ordered a load of conquest magazines direct from them a couple of months ago. Weeks later they told me that they were only on the website due to an error, and would be refunding me via cheque.

Dealing with them directly is an atrocious experience
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Ireland

Cheques? I know publishing is often an old-fashioned industry but I can’t remember the last time I saw a cheque.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

They still get used, heck a lot of auction houses still send out cheques with your payment. However many offer it only if you don't give them your bank account details to send the money by direct transfer.

It's strange for a firm you deal with online to use cheques since they'd have an electronic system and a record of your bank/card details in their system and most payment merchant systems have room to offer refunds.

I wonder if perhaps they were aiming to use the cheque so that it didn't spark on their merchant system (and thus with their bank) as issuing a refund through the system itself.

That or it is just a system where whoever is in charge has an older style of business approach.

   
Made in us
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





2x210 wrote:So I signed up for the USA version last night. They charged me but no email confirmation or anything...... anyone else have this happen?


Eeps wrote:Same here. Havent got an email confirmation either.


Same happened to me.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





Ork-en Man wrote:
2x210 wrote:So I signed up for the USA version last night. They charged me but no email confirmation or anything...... anyone else have this happen?


Eeps wrote:Same here. Havent got an email confirmation either.


Same happened to me.


Same for me
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

 clodax66 wrote:
Ork-en Man wrote:
2x210 wrote:So I signed up for the USA version last night. They charged me but no email confirmation or anything...... anyone else have this happen?


Eeps wrote:Same here. Havent got an email confirmation either.


Same happened to me.


Same for me


Definitely strange. I received an order confirmation email basically instantly. Other than the usual, like checking spam to see if it was misdirected, not sure what’s up.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I saw some people wonder if it was an April Fool's joke, but that'd be scummy since people did get charged...
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: