Switch Theme:

Blood Bowl News & Rumors:Norse and Halfling Star Players pg 156  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader






So, do the Made to Order teams (Amazons, Khemri) fit into this at all? Or would those have to proxy as something else?

I'm on a podcast about (video) game design:
https://anchor.fm/makethatgame
And I also stream tabletop painting/playing Mon&Thurs 8PM EST
https://twitch.tv/tableitgaming 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Rihgu wrote:
So, do the Made to Order teams (Amazons, Khemri) fit into this at all? Or would those have to proxy as something else?


As far as I can see the list in the article only covers plastic teams available at this time.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Dungeon Bowl is up for preorder next week!

Along with the revised Goblin pitch, cards, and dice.

Oh and a bunch of unimportant non-Bowl related items I guess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/21 20:47:37


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





If that Dungeon Bowl box set actually costs $160, ala catalogue leak, I will actively enjoy not buying it.
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

 frankelee wrote:
If that Dungeon Bowl box set actually costs $160, ala catalogue leak, I will actively enjoy not buying it.


Agreed. $160 for that is absolute madness.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Remember how great of a deal the season 2 starter was?
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Those price are for the colored dice and new GW high quality cardboard.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

At first I thought it was going to be one of those reasonably priced less conspicuously named mass market versions of GW games you find at Barnes and Noble.

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




From Dave C in the Necromunda thread

 DaveC wrote:
Price list as I was posting it in the AoS thread

£95 RRP Dungeonbowl. Also prices for Goblin stuff.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

AUD$265.

Pricey.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in au
Been Around the Block




Wow! So Dungeon Bowl costs more than Blood Bowl.

That's put a dampener on the Xmas wish list faster than a gobbo on a pogostick chasing a squig.
Hmm actually now gobbos ride squigs for Xmas don't they. Oh well, I think Dungeon Bowl still looks pretty good but for me it's time to reassess. Actually normal Blood Bowl and Sevens probably have more replay aspect to it. Best wishes for it anyway.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/11/22 12:08:00


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





lost_lilliputian wrote:
Wow! So Dungeon Bowl costs more than Blood Bowl.


Costs more and has way less, Hopefully il pick it up from Dark Sphere with 25% off, no way am i paying £95 GW are high on plastic fumes imo
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 frankelee wrote:
If that Dungeon Bowl box set actually costs $160, ala catalogue leak, I will actively enjoy not buying it.


Any price above 100 Euros is madness.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

Maybe GW is based in Sparta and the pit is how they view your wallet?

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I fear anything with a pile of cardboard in it is going to be a lot more expensive now. Every extra £1 in costs (which given raw materials price increase, shipping increases and delays in china from shutdowns from covid and power shortages may be an underestimate) is going to be an extra £10 in retail price (even normal boardgame companies generally run on a 6 or 7x costs plan, and being premium gw is going to go for more)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/23 21:01:44


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

And there's a chance it'll get memory hole'd like Cursed City as well.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
I fear anything with a pile of cardboard in it is going to be a lot more expensive now. Every extra £1 in costs (which given raw materials price increase, shipping increases and delays in china from shutdowns from covid and power shortages may be an underestimate) is going to be an extra £10 in retail price (even normal boardgame companies generally run on a 6 or 7x costs plan, and being premium gw is going to go for more)


All well and good if you can get people to pay for it. Maybe GW can, eventually, but lesser companies are going to eat their own attempts to raise prices all of a sudden. I have a feeling this box set will be sitting on store shelves for awhile at that price if anybody is feeling wishy washy about it, and needs time to think it over.
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
AUD$265.

Pricey.


So $30 more than the regular Blood Bowl set, which has...

2 full teams
2 star players
2 big guys
2 referees
A bunch of cardboard
A few accessories

This, however, has...

4 half teams
A similar amount of cardboard (the board doesn't look any bigger than a regular BB pitch to me?)
A few accessories


Am I missing something?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/24 13:33:29


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Am I missing something?
That Games Workshop will always disappoint you?

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
AUD$265.

Pricey.


So $30 more than the regular Blood Bowl set, which has...

2 full teams
2 star players
2 big guys
2 referees
A bunch of cardboard
A few accessories

This, however, has...

4 half teams
A similar amount of cardboard (the board doesn't look any bigger than a regular BB pitch to me?)
A few accessories


Am I missing something?


These are the main differences me and a mate can see between the two games when we spoke about it the other week

DB:
264 playable squares (96-126 playable squares short)
26 players (4 players short and all pre-existing, NO big guys)
6x Chests, 6x Portals, and 1x Spiked Ball (Portals and chest seem to be the only added benefit)
104 page HB rule book (32 pages short)

BB:
360 playable squares without counting the end zone or 390 counting it,
30 players (28 new sculpts, INC 2 big guys)
Extra balls, team coins, and counters,
136 page HB rule book

Edited for spelling and adding the new and old sculpts comments.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/11/29 18:01:00


 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





They showed a new blunderbuss dwarf mini idk if that's news or not.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut







Looks great. And yes, it's confirmed its a forgeworld resin model.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







The return of Barik Farblast - who really should've learned to brace before firing by now, given he has, what, 33 years of experience by now...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I kinda wish they'd given him a mouth. Like, he obviously has a gaping hole that's meant to be a mouth. But typically, we'd get a lower lip, if not teeth, visible. But here, it's just all beard around a hole. It makes the model look slightly off imo
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





If it’s forge World I won’t even look at it twice.



 
   
Made in se
Regular Dakkanaut






Hi
Reading Dungeon Bowl, I looked at an introduction video of the rules and at first it looked cool but after I thought throw how a match actually could play out, it did not sound so fun at all.
One likely scenario, as I image it, would be that after one teem find the ball, the second team would clog up the corridor leading to their end-zone and I can not see how the fist team could ever get past that in reasonable amount of turns. Fore example, how to get past two prone players with two players behind, in particular if any of them have stand firm?
I have never played the game, so I can not say for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.
   
Made in no
Longtime Dakkanaut





AllSeeingSkink wrote:

This, however, has...

4 half teams
A similar amount of cardboard (the board doesn't look any bigger than a regular BB pitch to me?)
A few accessories


Am I missing something?

New coloured dice. The most interesting part of this release, and the only thing that'll be usable after the next 4-year edition cycle.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 GaroRobe wrote:

And yes, it's confirmed its a forgeworld resin model.

It always is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/01 10:54:30


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Nora wrote:
Hi
Reading Dungeon Bowl, I looked at an introduction video of the rules and at first it looked cool but after I thought throw how a match actually could play out, it did not sound so fun at all.
One likely scenario, as I image it, would be that after one teem find the ball, the second team would clog up the corridor leading to their end-zone and I can not see how the fist team could ever get past that in reasonable amount of turns. Fore example, how to get past two prone players with two players behind, in particular if any of them have stand firm?
I have never played the game, so I can not say for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.


Not an expert on Dungeon Bowl, but I have read that one of the problems with the game in the past is that people really don't know how to make a dungeon that works for the game. You want maximum access and maneuverability in the dungeon, endzones should have two, preferably three entrances. You can also opt to play without doorways, so any tiles that are touching are open to each other, like a big open floor plan house. Which actually sounds a little more realistic for a dungeon that's been tunneled out of the rock. Keeping four players in reserve to defend the endzone isn't a very good strategy for winning the game, so that alone can help prevent that, but a nice, very open layout will do even more.

I also heard Ben from the Bonehead Podcast talk about a variant that uses three balls hidden in the chests instead of just one, and goes for a maximum of 16 turns. And you can play that until the first score, like in standard Dungeon Bowl, or until all three balls have been scored or the turn limit is up. That kind of variant will make the game more exciting and also make it less defensive, as you can't focus on just one ball carrier with three balls in play simultaneously.
   
Made in gb
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Even without House ruling, two prone players with two others behind is not easy to set up since there’s no way for a player to just go prone on a whim that I’m aware of, plus you can always foul one of them into the KO/injury box. Which is easier in the given formation because there won’t be any friendly support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/01 14:42:42


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 frankelee wrote:

I also heard Ben from the Bonehead Podcast talk about a variant that uses three balls hidden in the chests instead of just one, and goes for a maximum of 16 turns. And you can play that until the first score, like in standard Dungeon Bowl, or until all three balls have been scored or the turn limit is up. That kind of variant will make the game more exciting and also make it less defensive, as you can't focus on just one ball carrier with three balls in play simultaneously.



Oooh, I like the sound of that, very much!
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: