Switch Theme:

[40K] Kill Team News & Rumours page 148 : Arena expansion, new warzone and new models  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

In case anyone's interested, the Inquisition is specifically name-dropped in the Theta-7 Acquisitus fluff.

Corpses of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers "clad in matte-black bodygloves with black carapace armor" are found in desert sands, with holes in 'em from autogun rounds.

Also for Ivan: Yes, it does contain the tactics from the earlier Commander boxes. It even is the same set of cardboard stuff.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 Kanluwen wrote:
In case anyone's interested, the Inquisition is specifically name-dropped in the Theta-7 Acquisitus fluff.

Corpses of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers "clad in matte-black bodygloves with black carapace armor" are found in desert sands, with holes in 'em from autogun rounds.

Also for Ivan: Yes, it does contain the tactics from the earlier Commander boxes. It even is the same set of cardboard stuff.


Nice. I think we are way over do for so proper Inquisition models in plastic in something.....and Kill Team is the perfect avenue for it.

Now, let's see if they actually ever put them out or just keep alluding to the Inquisition.


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

So they're specifically called "Inquisitorial Storm Troopers"?

 Scott-S6 wrote:
Some people were assuming that the two boards and two terrain sprues were so you could setup two boards - the two boards are diffent (four unique sides) and the terrain is sufficient for one board to be setup.
Hold on... but don't some of the missions show off two identical boards being used?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/03 05:00:13


   
Made in re
Focused Dark Angels Land Raider Pilot






 Kanluwen wrote:

Also for Ivan: Yes, it does contain the tactics from the earlier Commander boxes. It even is the same set of cardboard stuff.


Say, if I wanted to start Kill Team now, what would I need to get, to avoid missing on stuff ? Rulebook and Arena box ? Does it include the cards for all commanders, or just AM/GSC ? This is getting tough to follow...

Virtus in extremis 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 HudsonD wrote:
Say, if I wanted to start Kill Team now, what would I need to get, to avoid missing on stuff ? Rulebook and Arena box ? Does it include the cards for all commanders, or just AM/GSC ? This is getting tough to follow...
Technically, if you didn't want to miss ANYTHING, you need to buy EVERYTHING. All the expansions, killzones, commanders, and starters include rules (tactics, narrative and matched play missions, killzone rules) that aren't found anywhere else (though easily found on the internet). However, the vast majority of that stuff is optional and of variable worth - more like bonus features rather than the main attraction. If you worry too much about it, it'll drive you crazy.

The only thing you need to start playing is the rulebook (and miniatures). If you want to use commanders, you need the Kill Team Commanders expansion. That's it for the main attraction rules. If competitive is your jam, Arena might be considered a good buy.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 HudsonD wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:

Also for Ivan: Yes, it does contain the tactics from the earlier Commander boxes. It even is the same set of cardboard stuff.


Say, if I wanted to start Kill Team now, what would I need to get, to avoid missing on stuff ? Rulebook and Arena box ? Does it include the cards for all commanders, or just AM/GSC ? This is getting tough to follow...


If you want to play the game you only need the Core Rulebook.
If you want to add Commanders to your game, get the Commanders expansion.
If you want to play competitively, get Arena.

That's all you need to play the major forms of the game. Everything else is add-on stuff, such as the starter sets for the factions, the killzones, even Rogue Trader. The three pieces above are all you really need to have access to all the major rules and a lot of great missions.
   
Made in re
Focused Dark Angels Land Raider Pilot






drbored wrote:

If you want to play the game you only need the Core Rulebook.
If you want to add Commanders to your game, get the Commanders expansion.
If you want to play competitively, get Arena.

That's all you need to play the major forms of the game. Everything else is add-on stuff, such as the starter sets for the factions, the killzones, even Rogue Trader. The three pieces above are all you really need to have access to all the major rules and a lot of great missions.

Am I reading well that Commanders is included in Arena ? Does it include the base rulebook as well (edit: no, it doesn't) ?
Am I missing anything if I I don't get the KT or Commander boxes for a given faction ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/03 08:32:10


Virtus in extremis 
   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Hold on... but don't some of the missions show off two identical boards being used?



Yes, those are doubles missions (four players in two teams). You need two sets of arena.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Kanluwen wrote:

Also for Ivan: Yes, it does contain the tactics from the earlier Commander boxes. It even is the same set of cardboard stuff.

No it does not. It has the tactics from the commander book, it does not have the tactics unique to the individual commander boxes (which was the question).


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 HudsonD wrote:

Am I reading well that Commanders is included in Arena ? Does it include the base rulebook as well (edit: no, it doesn't) ?
Am I missing anything if I I don't get the KT or Commander boxes for a given faction ?

Arena does not include core or commander rulebooks. It also has no missions that allow commanders.

The team boxes and individual commanders all come with unique faction specific tactics cards.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/02/03 10:43:43


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Scott-S6 wrote:
Yes, those are doubles missions (four players in two teams). You need two sets of arena.
Wow. That's incredibly lame. You think you'd write scenarios for the contents of the box.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
Yes, those are doubles missions (four players in two teams). You need two sets of arena.
Wow. That's incredibly lame. You think you'd write scenarios for the contents of the box.


It does line up with the 4 player mission cards from the kill teams that use 2 sets worth of killzone boxes.
   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
Yes, those are doubles missions (four players in two teams). You need two sets of arena.
Wow. That's incredibly lame. You think you'd write scenarios for the contents of the box.

The alternative would be to put 4 double sided boards and 4 sprues and 4 sets of objective cards and 2 sets of doubles tactics in the box (basically doubling up on everything except the book) making it really expensive for anyone that doesn't want to play doubles.

Or they could have two identical double sided boards and 4 sprues and 4 sets of objective cards and 2 sets of doubles tactics making set objectively worse (half the board variety) and more expensive.

Considering the alternatives are making the box more expensive for a bunch of stuff that's useless most of the time I don't think that two sets between 4 people in order to play doubles is that big of a deal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/03 13:34:24


 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




Overall, I didn’t feel I got my money’s woth with Arena. $110 Canadian was about $20 more that I felt I got out of the box. The two small packs of cards, the basic rules, two maps and a bit of terrain. Mostly I just felt the rules themselves were a bit thin. Probably could have used a few more scenarios.
The new unit boxes however I feel are a decent value. A $50 unit and a $30 character for $80, only the box also gives me some terrain, and a bunch of counters and a pile of cards.
I hope they abandon the terrible previous sales model of $75 unit boxes and $40 characters. I didn’t buy any. Those were a joke.
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 Kanluwen wrote:
In case anyone's interested, the Inquisition is specifically name-dropped in the Theta-7 Acquisitus fluff.

Corpses of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers "clad in matte-black bodygloves with black carapace armor" are found in desert sands, with holes in 'em from autogun rounds.


I am glad that we probably get the Inquisition in this game soon, I am sure the models will be amazing. However, I am afraid it will be similar stupidly limited thing like the Rogue Traders; these specific guys in this specific configuration, zero customisation for you.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Crimson wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
In case anyone's interested, the Inquisition is specifically name-dropped in the Theta-7 Acquisitus fluff.

Corpses of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers "clad in matte-black bodygloves with black carapace armor" are found in desert sands, with holes in 'em from autogun rounds.


I am glad that we probably get the Inquisition in this game soon, I am sure the models will be amazing. However, I am afraid it will be similar stupidly limited thing like the Rogue Traders; these specific guys in this specific configuration, zero customisation for you.

I'm going to be really surprised if we don't see Rogue Traders and Gellerpox Infected expanded upon at some point in the future. They showed up in Vigilus in a fairly big way.
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 Kanluwen wrote:

I'm going to be really surprised if we don't see Rogue Traders and Gellerpox Infected expanded upon at some point in the future. They showed up in Vigilus in a fairly big way.

I really hope so. I was first super exited about the RT stuff, but seeing how crazy limited it was that enthusiasm kinda died pretty quickly.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




Is much of the Rogue Trader rulebook superseded by the Arena rules?
   
Made in nl
Imperial Admiral






Ancient Otter wrote:
Is much of the Rogue Trader rulebook superseded by the Arena rules?

The only thing they have in common is a page and a bit for the close confines rules and they're very slightly different in the Arena rules.
   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
I guess cards will still be required for events.
Are the rules on the cards not also printed in the various KT books?

FYI, the two new teams are the first to have any rules in their booklets (the datasheets for the new commanders).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/23 06:50:07


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Crimson wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:

I'm going to be really surprised if we don't see Rogue Traders and Gellerpox Infected expanded upon at some point in the future. They showed up in Vigilus in a fairly big way.

I really hope so. I was first super exited about the RT stuff, but seeing how crazy limited it was that enthusiasm kinda died pretty quickly.


It would be nice to have Rogue Traders retinues that share the astra cartographica keyword instead of needing special rules to take in the same detachment.
   
Made in us
Committed Chaos Cult Marine






I'm not impressed by arena.

The boards are extremely dull and boring, the lack of city fight really, really kills it for me. I'm also not keen on the "competitive" rules, why were the original rules not okay for "competitive" play?
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hell Rider of Glorious Renown






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

Arena is small, compact and has less variables involved, making is faster to set up and play.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in pl
Kelne





Warsaw, Poland

I've heard a rumour of Arbites in Kill Team, is there any truth to that ?
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

They're not in yet and there have not really been any rumblings of them.

We had a fluff bit for the Vigilus runup that had Arbites mentioned, and one of the localities in the book makes mention of Arbites bigtime.
   
Made in pl
Kelne





Warsaw, Poland

 Kanluwen wrote:
They're not in yet and there have not really been any rumblings of them.

We had a fluff bit for the Vigilus runup that had Arbites mentioned, and one of the localities in the book makes mention of Arbites bigtime.


All right, well, back to being uninterested then.

GW is doing a good job by bundling news about their different systems into news about the one game I play (Underworlds) so I guess I'll eventually find out anyways
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: