Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R - FAQs p.183.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Anyone got anything on PA or even rumours generally? Y’know, like the topic of the thread that mods have asked/told us to stick to repeatedly?

I watched a video from Kirioth yesterday that claimed there would be a boxed set for 8.5/9th Ed that would be SW vs Orks. It may or may not tie into PA. As PA6 is due to release in March I think this is unlikely, myself. 8.5/9th Ed is said to be very similar to 8th with little rules changes.

The same source said there’d be a new Ghaz model (bigger, of course) and a new Illuminator Szeras model that goes from a 40mm to a 80mm base.

PA6 will be telling - if the only new model is Primaris Ragnar there might be some truth to this. If the release is more substantial I doubt GW would release stuff for 2 of the same factions so close together.


well if there's a ghaz model it proably won't be in the 9th edition boxed set (GW tends not to release characters in those), but back before shadow spear released the big rumor was "a boxed set with a new abaddon" so one could take a guess that this'll be a boxed set that sets us up for a new ork release featuring a plastic Ghaz. so maybe the SW vs Orks set is going to be to Orks what shadowspear was to chaos?


A limited edition battle box that is a prelude to a confused/disappointing Orks 2.0 with a medium sized release wave, leaving some units trapped in said limited box for X months resulting in a marine release for the other half which leaves the forum stuck whining about marines again? Sign me up!

On a serious note though, there is probably some logic in assuming it will mirror the shadowspear format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/09 09:44:07


 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






 Brometheus wrote:


HYPE for PA: IV



I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for major model releases with this, it's coming out alongside or very close to the full Sisters range. Would be surprised to see more than 1 or 2 character models considering the sheer volumes of plastic needed for a full new army release.

 Togusa wrote:

This PA release is the biggest scam I've seen from them. You get a book that has literally nothing of value in them.



As a primarily Tyranid player the new rules are very much of value to me. I didn't need a new plastic character model, I needed to be able to use stuff that's been shelved for months. PA3 addresses many of the issues keeping my bugs from being effective and gives a bunch of interesting new options for list building.

Just because it didn't elevate Tyranids to the meta-warping level of marines doesn't mean it was worthless. If anything, it's a positive as it means we're not setup for dissappointment later when GW have to reign in overly strong rules. If I played Iron Hands I'd be dreading the next big FAQ right now.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Dudeface wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Anyone got anything on PA or even rumours generally? Y’know, like the topic of the thread that mods have asked/told us to stick to repeatedly?

I watched a video from Kirioth yesterday that claimed there would be a boxed set for 8.5/9th Ed that would be SW vs Orks. It may or may not tie into PA. As PA6 is due to release in March I think this is unlikely, myself. 8.5/9th Ed is said to be very similar to 8th with little rules changes.

The same source said there’d be a new Ghaz model (bigger, of course) and a new Illuminator Szeras model that goes from a 40mm to a 80mm base.

PA6 will be telling - if the only new model is Primaris Ragnar there might be some truth to this. If the release is more substantial I doubt GW would release stuff for 2 of the same factions so close together.


well if there's a ghaz model it proably won't be in the 9th edition boxed set (GW tends not to release characters in those), but back before shadow spear released the big rumor was "a boxed set with a new abaddon" so one could take a guess that this'll be a boxed set that sets us up for a new ork release featuring a plastic Ghaz. so maybe the SW vs Orks set is going to be to Orks what shadowspear was to chaos?


A limited edition battle box that is a prelude to a confused/disappointing Orks 2.0 with a medium sized release wave, leaving some units trapped in said limited box for X months resulting in a marine release for the other half which leaves the forum stuck whining about marines again? Sign me up!

On a serious note though, there is probably some logic in assuming it will mirror the shadowspear format.



LOL. truthfully the CSM release was a solid one (I'm talking a minis POV here) in that it updated some oldies that NEEDED updating and gave CSMs some intreasting new models. the basic CSM/Havok/Raptor CORE of CSMs is now fairly modern and is one I'mnot embarassed by at least. I woulda been happy to see some more stuff, (maybe a new defiler for example) but over all I'd say that CSMs went from "a bit neglected" at their core, to "pretty well off"

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Tzeentch Aspiring Sorcerer Riding a Disc






Battle Barge Impossible Fortress

 xttz wrote:
 Brometheus wrote:


HYPE for PA: IV



I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for major model releases with this, it's coming out alongside or very close to the full Sisters range. Would be surprised to see more than 1 or 2 character models considering the sheer volumes of plastic needed for a full new army release.




Oh, sorry, I'm hyped for the new rules and background.. Where did I even ask for new models

Did you even read the Blood of Baal spoilers that have plot implications?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/09 12:28:46


Plastic Path Gaming: https://www.facebook.com/plasticpathgaming/

Semper Fi! 2nd Bn 8th Marines Weapons Co (2003-2008)
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Were we expecting a Gloomspite Gitz box last Xmas? Nope, that came as a surprise I believe.
Even with a sisters release, there could still be a boxed release to accompany PA:4, maybe with just 1 or 2 new characters. None of the factions in this release got a Xmas battleforce, but we saw one for Blood Angels, Tyranids, Chaos, even Wolves and Tau which are coming up in the next 2 books. Nothing for Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. I could absolutely see a box with a few dark Angels, a character, a single unit of grey knights, versus some Tsons.

Still, I'm really surprised that we have nothing about this release, not a peep, a rumour, nothing. Guess those DAs are indeed good at keeping secrets.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Well we know when GW intends to tell us about it

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Anyone got anything on PA or even rumours generally? Y’know, like the topic of the thread that mods have asked/told us to stick to repeatedly?

I watched a video from Kirioth yesterday that claimed there would be a boxed set for 8.5/9th Ed that would be SW vs Orks. It may or may not tie into PA. As PA6 is due to release in March I think this is unlikely, myself. 8.5/9th Ed is said to be very similar to 8th with little rules changes.

The same source said there’d be a new Ghaz model (bigger, of course) and a new Illuminator Szeras model that goes from a 40mm to a 80mm base.

PA6 will be telling - if the only new model is Primaris Ragnar there might be some truth to this. If the release is more substantial I doubt GW would release stuff for 2 of the same factions so close together.


well if there's a ghaz model it proably won't be in the 9th edition boxed set (GW tends not to release characters in those), but back before shadow spear released the big rumor was "a boxed set with a new abaddon" so one could take a guess that this'll be a boxed set that sets us up for a new ork release featuring a plastic Ghaz. so maybe the SW vs Orks set is going to be to Orks what shadowspear was to chaos?


Yea, not expecting new Ghaz in a boxed set, that would be a big change from the norm.

Shadowspear is the best boxed set GW have ever done in my opinion, they need to replicate that model for other factions. A boxed set with all new models will set like hot cakes regardless of who's participating in it, I'd wager.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 bullyboy wrote:
Were we expecting a Gloomspite Gitz box last Xmas? Nope, that came as a surprise I believe.
Even with a sisters release, there could still be a boxed release to accompany PA:4, maybe with just 1 or 2 new characters. None of the factions in this release got a Xmas battleforce, but we saw one for Blood Angels, Tyranids, Chaos, even Wolves and Tau which are coming up in the next 2 books. Nothing for Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. I could absolutely see a box with a few dark Angels, a character, a single unit of grey knights, versus some Tsons.

Still, I'm really surprised that we have nothing about this release, not a peep, a rumour, nothing. Guess those DAs are indeed good at keeping secrets.


Yea I'm in two minds on this - either there's nothing here and we shouldn't expect a release like Gloomspite Gitz for any of the PA4 factions, or it's a mega surprise release that no rumour monger has any idea about.

I'd be suprirsed if it's the latter, to be honest. Out of those factions - TS and DA have many modern kits, particularly DA with their access to all things Primaris now, only GK could probably do with a "Primaris" type unit (or 15) but as if GW have managed to keep the lid on such a development for so long?! I feel that we'd know something by now if anything were coming.

Perhaps it's going to be the announcement of Beast Ghaz and Russ to have a go at him?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/09 14:34:50


 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 bullyboy wrote:
Were we expecting a Gloomspite Gitz box last Xmas? Nope, that came as a surprise I believe.
Even with a sisters release, there could still be a boxed release to accompany PA:4, maybe with just 1 or 2 new characters. None of the factions in this release got a Xmas battleforce, but we saw one for Blood Angels, Tyranids, Chaos, even Wolves and Tau which are coming up in the next 2 books. Nothing for Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. I could absolutely see a box with a few dark Angels, a character, a single unit of grey knights, versus some Tsons.

Still, I'm really surprised that we have nothing about this release, not a peep, a rumour, nothing. Guess those DAs are indeed good at keeping secrets.


Nothing except a direct statement from GW that we should expect _A_ character with each book, no more, no less.

At this point we know the formula to expect: a pseudo-supplement for DA and TS.
On the plus side for TS, as the only chaos force, they'll likely get similar rules coverage to what the combined (non-DG) legions got in Faith and Fury, though they may split it with Grey Knights.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Voss wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
Were we expecting a Gloomspite Gitz box last Xmas? Nope, that came as a surprise I believe.
Even with a sisters release, there could still be a boxed release to accompany PA:4, maybe with just 1 or 2 new characters. None of the factions in this release got a Xmas battleforce, but we saw one for Blood Angels, Tyranids, Chaos, even Wolves and Tau which are coming up in the next 2 books. Nothing for Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. I could absolutely see a box with a few dark Angels, a character, a single unit of grey knights, versus some Tsons.

Still, I'm really surprised that we have nothing about this release, not a peep, a rumour, nothing. Guess those DAs are indeed good at keeping secrets.


Nothing except a direct statement from GW that we should expect _A_ character with each book, no more, no less.

At this point we know the formula to expect: a pseudo-supplement for DA and TS.
On the plus side for TS, as the only chaos force, they'll likely get similar rules coverage to what the combined (non-DG) legions got in Faith and Fury, though they may split it with Grey Knights.


It doesn't say that at all. It says each book will be accompanied by an epic champion. It certainly doesn't say that's all you're getting. It may be the case, but you are still making an assumption.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Eastern Ontario

 An Actual Englishman wrote:


Shadowspear is the best boxed set GW have ever done in my opinion, they need to replicate that model for other factions.


Agreed. Shadowspear kind of set me up to be disappointed in Blood of the Phoenix.
Yes the Phoenix set was/is good value, but it being fewer models, fewer than half of which were new (and some very old ones) and being higher in price, savings aside, it didn't feel like nearly as good a box set.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 bullyboy wrote:
Voss wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
Were we expecting a Gloomspite Gitz box last Xmas? Nope, that came as a surprise I believe.
Even with a sisters release, there could still be a boxed release to accompany PA:4, maybe with just 1 or 2 new characters. None of the factions in this release got a Xmas battleforce, but we saw one for Blood Angels, Tyranids, Chaos, even Wolves and Tau which are coming up in the next 2 books. Nothing for Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. I could absolutely see a box with a few dark Angels, a character, a single unit of grey knights, versus some Tsons.

Still, I'm really surprised that we have nothing about this release, not a peep, a rumour, nothing. Guess those DAs are indeed good at keeping secrets.


Nothing except a direct statement from GW that we should expect _A_ character with each book, no more, no less.

At this point we know the formula to expect: a pseudo-supplement for DA and TS.
On the plus side for TS, as the only chaos force, they'll likely get similar rules coverage to what the combined (non-DG) legions got in Faith and Fury, though they may split it with Grey Knights.


It doesn't say that at all. It says each book will be accompanied by an epic champion. It certainly doesn't say that's all you're getting. It may be the case, but you are still making an assumption.


So your assumption is you think they're hiding a selling point for the next book? In what universe does that make sense?

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 Kawauso wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:


Shadowspear is the best boxed set GW have ever done in my opinion, they need to replicate that model for other factions.


Agreed. Shadowspear kind of set me up to be disappointed in Blood of the Phoenix.
Yes the Phoenix set was/is good value, but it being fewer models, fewer than half of which were new (and some very old ones) and being higher in price, savings aside, it didn't feel like nearly as good a box set.


I mean I think it's fair to say that Blood of the Phoenix straight up wasn't as good of a box set as Shadowspear. No doubt it didn't sell half as well either. And rightly so, because it was awful in comparison.

Voss wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
Voss wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
Were we expecting a Gloomspite Gitz box last Xmas? Nope, that came as a surprise I believe.
Even with a sisters release, there could still be a boxed release to accompany PA:4, maybe with just 1 or 2 new characters. None of the factions in this release got a Xmas battleforce, but we saw one for Blood Angels, Tyranids, Chaos, even Wolves and Tau which are coming up in the next 2 books. Nothing for Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. I could absolutely see a box with a few dark Angels, a character, a single unit of grey knights, versus some Tsons.

Still, I'm really surprised that we have nothing about this release, not a peep, a rumour, nothing. Guess those DAs are indeed good at keeping secrets.


Nothing except a direct statement from GW that we should expect _A_ character with each book, no more, no less.

At this point we know the formula to expect: a pseudo-supplement for DA and TS.
On the plus side for TS, as the only chaos force, they'll likely get similar rules coverage to what the combined (non-DG) legions got in Faith and Fury, though they may split it with Grey Knights.


It doesn't say that at all. It says each book will be accompanied by an epic champion. It certainly doesn't say that's all you're getting. It may be the case, but you are still making an assumption.


So your assumption is you think they're hiding a selling point for the next book? In what universe does that make sense?


I think it's fair and logical to say that GW may be keeping some of their cards close to their chest. Each book will get an epic champion, some may get more, some may only get what is stated. At least they can't be accused of over-hyping the fan base though.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Eastern Ontario

 An Actual Englishman wrote:


I mean I think it's fair to say that Blood of the Phoenix straight up wasn't as good of a box set as Shadowspear. No doubt it didn't sell half as well either. And rightly so, because it was awful in comparison.



That's what I'm saying. It's a competent box set in a vacuum but coming on the heels of Shadowspear only makes it seem much worse and Shadowspear seem that much better by comparison.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 Kawauso wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:

I mean I think it's fair to say that Blood of the Phoenix straight up wasn't as good of a box set as Shadowspear. No doubt it didn't sell half as well either. And rightly so, because it was awful in comparison.

That's what I'm saying. It's a competent box set in a vacuum but coming on the heels of Shadowspear only makes it seem much worse and Shadowspear seem that much better by comparison.

Yea, I think Shadowspear has shown us what GW are capable of and how odd it was that we all just accepted the classic box set of; "1 or 2 new models - the rest is stuff you don't want and sucks". Hopefully GW has learnt from Shadowspear too - just imagine how many they'd sell if all box sets had more new models than old? If they like money, and we have every reason to believe they do, this seems like a no-brainer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/09 17:05:40


 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




What's even more amusing is Shadowspear will continue to sell.

It has more and costs less than the two 'start collecting' boxes they made out of it.


Though I'd argue that BotP wasn't a competent box set at all. They misjudged the price point by at least $50, and filled it with pretty common stuff, some of which was already available in better boxes/deals.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/09 18:01:05


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Voss wrote:
What's even more amusing is Shadowspear will continue to sell.

It has more and costs less than the two 'start collecting' boxes they made out of it.


Though I'd argue that BotP wasn't a competent box set at all. They misjudged the price point by at least $50, and filled it with pretty common stuff, some of which was already available in better boxes/deals.


sadly GW will proably look at BotP as well as the fact that Wake the Dead didn't sell all that great (it sold out a lot slower then tooth and claw, for example) and conclude that there's not as much demand for eldar, at least where box sets are concerned, even though WTD was hobbled in comparsion by a degree of a glut of primaris on the market ( the only thing we couldn't get for cheaper by buying know no fear was Reivers) and the eldar kit offering "nothing of substance new"

tooth and claw meanwhile included a new unique HQ for space wolves, an upgrade kit and a bunch of new GSC stuff.


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?


No. It obviously won't happen, as that crushes the mainstay of the TS product line.

Fluff-wise... I'd honestly hate to see that story again. He had his own personal trilogy of timey-whimey nonsense trying to do exactly that.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





apparently PA3 referances newly awkened psykers being called to properio to receive instruction or something could be Magnus is going to use them to fuel some sort of ritual. His last ritual on properio breached the emperor's sheilding on terra, maybe he wants to redo that and open the path for a full on chaos invasion of terra?

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?


Really?

Do tell more, please!
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 Alpharius wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?


Really?

Do tell more, please!


Thousand Sons codex mentions (Second War in the Webway, page 30) Yvraine restoring life to 12 rubrics right in front of Ahriman, who promptly die. The passage ends with "But now he knows that the reversal of his Rubric is possible, and he knows who has the power to do it."

Considering that he's tried to reverse this in the past, perhaps he did drop the project only to have this proof of concept reignite his drive to see it succeed. I haven't read the Ahriman books from 40k yet though, so I can't speak to that storyline.

Fan of lore, stealthy black-armored marines, life-alert black-armored marines, and lunatic necrons. 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Steelcity

10,000 years of pointless trying when all he had to do was wait until literally everything happens at exactly the same time!

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,  
   
Made in eu
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





 Kirasu wrote:
10,000 years of pointless trying when all he had to do was wait until literally everything happens at exactly the same time!


Just as planned.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




Benionin wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?


Really?

Do tell more, please!


Thousand Sons codex mentions (Second War in the Webway, page 30) Yvraine restoring life to 12 rubrics right in front of Ahriman, who promptly die. The passage ends with "But now he knows that the reversal of his Rubric is possible, and he knows who has the power to do it."

Considering that he's tried to reverse this in the past, perhaps he did drop the project only to have this proof of concept reignite his drive to see it succeed. I haven't read the Ahriman books from 40k yet though, so I can't speak to that storyline.


Well, the Ahriman Novels by John French are all pre-8th Edition with the old Fluff of Ahriman hanging either with his own Renegade Warband, the Prodigal Sons, and/or occasionally the Black Legion, while mostly trying to not get killed by Thousands Sons, given he's the TS's and Magnus' enemy no. uno. Old-fluff, non-Rubric Thousand Sons would rather ally with Space Wolves than not kill Ahriman on sight. Not sure how they twisted the lore to get Ahriman into the Thousand Sons army again, but it kinda dates those books.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






Voss wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?


No. It obviously won't happen, as that crushes the mainstay of the TS product line.


Or... the ritual is successful, but only on one guy. Say hello to a new Thousand Sons character model for only £30!
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





30? Thinking too low. Such an amazing hero will be 40 and still a stellar cheap! Honest!

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





pfftg you guys will buy 3

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Sunny Side Up wrote:
Benionin wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
So here's what I'm wondering - does anyone think that the Ritual of the Damned is Ahriman trying to undo the Rubric? Thanks to Yvraine in the Gathering Storm we know it's possible... but will it actually happen?


Really?

Do tell more, please!


Thousand Sons codex mentions (Second War in the Webway, page 30) Yvraine restoring life to 12 rubrics right in front of Ahriman, who promptly die. The passage ends with "But now he knows that the reversal of his Rubric is possible, and he knows who has the power to do it."

Considering that he's tried to reverse this in the past, perhaps he did drop the project only to have this proof of concept reignite his drive to see it succeed. I haven't read the Ahriman books from 40k yet though, so I can't speak to that storyline.


Well, the Ahriman Novels by John French are all pre-8th Edition with the old Fluff of Ahriman hanging either with his own Renegade Warband, the Prodigal Sons, and/or occasionally the Black Legion, while mostly trying to not get killed by Thousands Sons, given he's the TS's and Magnus' enemy no. uno. Old-fluff, non-Rubric Thousand Sons would rather ally with Space Wolves than not kill Ahriman on sight. Not sure how they twisted the lore to get Ahriman into the Thousand Sons army again, but it kinda dates those books.


It was all done via the Wrath of Magnus campaign books i believe.
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

Wait, if Yvraine can reverse the Rubric, why doesn't Ahriman just slip that information to Magnus and let Mr. Demon Lord Primarch reverse the whole thing?

It never ends well 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




 Stormonu wrote:
Wait, if Yvraine can reverse the Rubric, why doesn't Ahriman just slip that information to Magnus and let Mr. Demon Lord Primarch reverse the whole thing?


He probably doesn't know how to do it/have access to the same powers that Yvraine has at a guess. Of course it might not be in tzeentch's interest to give them bodies back.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: