Switch Theme:

GW Battleforces announced on Thursday (18th November)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







 Overread wrote:
 CMLR wrote:
No promise for everyone to get one?


That's way too many discount boxes for GW to give that promise. It would overload their production demands for AGES with those boxes.


Its a Christmas season box too, to expect that they would make this available to everyone to only supply in several months time is a it overreaching.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yeah. Even before GW leaned heavily into the FOMO strategy, Christmas boxes were always limited quantity
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





tneva82 wrote:
Why would it mention snots? And kit for ork plane can be used to build several different options. You choose which you build,


Sorry I meant Gretchin
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User



Belfast

Wait, does this mean that the battleforces aren't on preorder for UK next Saturday?
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

ThatDraz wrote:
Wait, does this mean that the battleforces aren't on preorder for UK next Saturday?


The only ones which are delayed in the UK are Death Guard and Ossiarch Bonereapers.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Really tempted to pick up the space marines for my crimson fists! If it's 125 I'll get it from a third party for sure.
   
Made in gb
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker





VAYASEN wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Why would it mention snots? And kit for ork plane can be used to build several different options. You choose which you build,


Sorry I meant Gretchin

the descriptions don't mention everything on this article, this one doesn't mention the 5 nobs either
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Prices

Space Marine Shieldbreaker Strike Force £130, €160
Necron Worldscour Legion £130, €160
Ork Killadakka War band £125, €160
Sisters Purgatos Mission £130, €160
AdMech Omnissiahs Talon £125, €160

Soulblight Revenant Legion £130, €160
Hedonites Sybarite Blade-Carnival £130, €160
LRL Vanari Shining Host £130, €160

£130/€160 is $210 in GW exchange rates.

Plaguefester Warband and Mortisan Tithe-Echelon delayed release in UK and EU

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/29 08:47:03


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Some are up £5 compared to last year, others have held price? That's not too bad, I wouldn't say.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






Certainly better than folk were expecting. I can see these being pretty popular.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Not happy with this. Very much the kind of discount that gets eaten up if you don't like exactly all of the random stuff that shows up in the box. I was interested in the Sisters box, now I'm on the fence.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Certainly better than folk were expecting. I can see these being pretty popular.


160€ was one end of the price range I was expecting, and certainly not the better one.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Ork battleforce is 225€ without discount (using regular boyz prices), so you essentially get the trike and the nobz for free. I guess as long as you want the boyz, it's a good deal.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







On the high end for me too. For the majority of boxes, there's too many random units I don't care about to justify the combined cost.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





For anyone happy for the discounts, have fun, looks like the marine box is the best discount the other ones, some feel real meh with the cost unless you want all the units in the box and some of those units are real head scratches. Like I like mephetic blight haulers but they aren't for everyone with their point cost or monopose look they have.

Could have been worse cost wise.
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





 Geifer wrote:
Not happy with this. Very much the kind of discount that gets eaten up if you don't like exactly all of the random stuff that shows up in the box. I was interested in the Sisters box, now I'm on the fence.


Discount box not being discount if you don't want all. And in other news water is wet and sun is hot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/29 10:25:34


2022 painted/bought: 38/38 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I think the key is that when these were in the £100 bracket it was a hobby price with a discount that was more in peoples christmas impulse purchase range. Adding another £30 on top is pushing it a little more out of that impulse christmas hobby price. Esp when you consider from 3rd parties a £100 with 20% discount drops to a more comfortable £80

This year and last I've notice, in the UK, more of a discount spread and even within stores some things are and some things are not discounted or are discounted by different values. Even with a 20% drop a £130 box drops to £106.

https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

That's AUD$350 per box. That's rough.

I could get that to $272.5 (incl. shipping) via discounters, but still, that's not a small amount.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Overread wrote:
I think the key is that when these were in the £100 bracket it was a hobby price with a discount that was more in peoples christmas impulse purchase range. Adding another £30 on top is pushing it a little more out of that impulse christmas hobby price. Esp when you consider from 3rd parties a £100 with 20% discount drops to a more comfortable £80

This year and last I've notice, in the UK, more of a discount spread and even within stores some things are and some things are not discounted or are discounted by different values. Even with a 20% drop a £130 box drops to £106.


Yeah. Part of GW's success over the last five years has been getting people to put down larger sums of money at once, enticed by bulk discount. Start collecting, battle boxes and the like. GW's price increases take the prices of most of these boxes up to a point where they're not an easy sell anymore. In some cases, GW acknowledged this by keeping the price steady but reducing the number of models in the box. I'm not going to speak for anyone but myself, but most of these boxes are too much money in one go for my liking, regardless of the actual discount involved is good. They're a testament to how much GW has jacked up the base prices on which discount is calculated and not something I'd drop money on without second thoughts.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

The Slaanesh box still tempts me as I basically want all of the content. A £196.50 at £130 means saving £66.60, so basically two boxes are free in that, or just a little under.

https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Overread wrote:
The Slaanesh box still tempts me as I basically want all of the content. A £196.50 at £130 means saving £66.60, so basically two boxes are free in that, or just a little under.


Well if you want everything then 33% off is a no brainer innit

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






 Overread wrote:
The Slaanesh box still tempts me as I basically want all of the content. A £196.50 at £130 means saving £66.60, so basically two boxes are free in that, or just a little under.


Even better if you bag it from say, Element or Dark Sphere. Other online retailers offering a discount are available.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





No he's not getting any more than 2 free boxes if buying from discounter.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







JWBS wrote:
No he's not getting any more than 2 free boxes if buying from discounter.

Compared to RRP he would be.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





No he's factored in the discount with his initial numbers. If he had written the figures as a discount price and discount saving and said "2 free boxes" it would have been the same thing, the 2 boxes was the operative part.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Exactly. It's 2 free boxes from GW or from an independent, assuming the independent puts the battleforce on the same discount. It only changes if they discount the battleforce less or not at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/29 12:09:38


https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Omnissiah's Talon is $303USD worth of content. Saves you $93, basically getting you the Manipulus and Ironstriders for free.
Purgatos Mission is $305USD worth of content, saving you $95...giving you the Dogmata and Sisters of Battle Squad for free.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/29 12:34:15


 
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

2 free boxes out of a battleforce is the bare minimum to even consider buying one of those. With a smaller discount I can't even imagine why someone would want to buy a battleforce instead of the separate kits.

 
   
Made in gb
Poisonous Kroot Headhunter





 Blackie wrote:
2 free boxes out of a battleforce is the bare minimum to even consider buying one of those. With a smaller discount I can't even imagine why someone would want to buy a battleforce instead of the separate kits.


I don't disagree though you are able to flog the kits you don't want/need for an even bigger discount on the models you decide to keep. Whether the time and hassle is worth it may be another question!
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







JWBS wrote:
No he's factored in the discount with his initial numbers. If he had written the figures as a discount price and discount saving and said "2 free boxes" it would have been the same thing, the 2 boxes was the operative part.


£196.50 is the RRP of the contents of the Slaanesh box - check GW.com for confirmation.
£130 is the leaked price of the box (as per DaveC's post), which I also presume is RRP
As the Mad Doc pointed out, you can save more than the £66.50 by buying from somewhere who will sell the £130 box at a discount.

Now, if you normally buy from a discounter, you might find that the "2 boxes" thing still holds, but if you compare what you might get it at from the likes of Element (probably 20% off?), you're looking at a further saving compared to RRP of £26 - which isn't far off another box itself.

Mad Doc Grotsnik - am I right regarding the point you were making?

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Wait, are we trying to compare the Christmas boxes with added third party retailer discount with standard boxes bought at MSRP even though you could get the latter from a third party with discounts as well?

We can all agree that the actual discounts on these boxes are good and among the highest GW offers. Surely there's no need to try and make them look better with dodgy comparisons?

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: