Switch Theme:

Casey's Nomads: Heralds of the Knife  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Introduction:
This little blog will track my Infinity force, the Heralds of the Knife. Expect some fluff and a little conversion to start with and I'll eventually get around to throwing down some paint. There is some fluff below which is designed to give a bit of a feel for Infinity and explains my force a bit. At the bottom of the post is a roster of the squad members for reference.

Fluff:
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Meloy: "Hey, sons and daughters! Avery Meloy reporting for Oxyd: Arachne!
This four part documentary is part of Observance Month here at Oxyd. Sadly it will only be available within Arachne as it has been deemed inappropriate for the greater Sphere and Maya. But that's why we are who we are, we Nomads will not be censored!"
Meloy: "So who are these, self styled, eMissionaries?
Well, they are a small group of military units from Bakunin, they are commissioned by the Observance, oh, and they kick ass!
The unit I'm going to be reporting on are called the Heralds of the Knife and they reside here in the shuttle Clandestine. Let's go inside and meet the officer that leads this crack team!"
Meloy: "Here we are with Reverend Custodier Sergeant Soteira Graystone, known to her crew as Crone. So, Sergeant Graystone, first off, can you tell us a little about the sort of operations you and your unit conduct?"

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Maintained
> RESUME MEDIA PLAYBACK
> [50062J:00127-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Crone: "Sure, it's simple, we shine the light of Our Lady of Mercy in the darkest corners of the Sphere. Often that means ePreaching, you know, data inception, but there are a lot of people who would see us fail so we have to be prepared for combat."
Meloy: "Whoa, that sounds like an exciting lifestyle!"
Crone: "Well you'll find out soon, we are heading out tomorrow."
Meloy: "Haha, yes, we will be with you for the next two weeks. Thank you again for giving us unlimited access to your ship and crew."
Crone: "Not at all."
Meloy: "Tell us about your unit."
Crone: "Of course, there are seven of them, hand picked by myself. They might not seem like the obvious choices but I chose each one very carefully and I wouldn't have anyone else at my side."
Meloy: "And they are all female aren't they?"
Crone: "They are. Even Bark, my bodyguard."
Meloy: "Ah, yes! Private Roslyn, Bark, is a female Sin Eater, watchers! That's something I haven't heard of before."
Crone: "And I warrant you won't again. I had Bark retrained for my purposes."
Meloy: "I can't wait to interview her! Why don't you give us a tour of Clandestine while you tell us about the rest of the crew?"
Crone: "Certainly, let's start with my office."

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

Roster:
Ship: Clandestine
Reverend Custodier: Sergeant Soteira Graystone 'Crone'
Sin Eater: Private Diana Roslyn 'Bark'
Zero: Corporal Zhang Kira 'Shiny'
- Vertigo: Boom!
- Salyut: Boost
Clockmaker: Private Mei Clementine Kaywinnet 'Caliper'
- Zondbot: Charlotte
- Zondbot: Dawn
- Zondbot: Isaiah
Pilot: Private Nala Vasquez Leon 'Jockey'
- Szalamandra: Indie
- Lizard: Glove
- Gecko: Unknown
Pilot: Unknown
- Gecko: Unknown
Pilot: Unknown
- Gecko: Unknown
Pilot: Unknown
- Gecko: Unknown
Moderator: Corporal Alice Hyzenthlay 'Tharn'
Moderator: Private Maria de la Arma Plame 'Candy'
Moderator: Private Inara bint Ali bin Abdullah Murad 'Skyfury'
O-12 Operative: Lhost Alpha 'Alpha'

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 2017/01/29 14:27:01

Made in ca
Martial Arts SAS

Montreal

Very nice =)
Now show us the group pictures !

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Well since it's you it seems appropriate to start with your namesake.

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:00783-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Meloy: "Let's start with your name then."
Skyfury: "What about it?"
Meloy: "Well I doubt that your given name was Skyfury, hehe!"
Skyfury: "It isn't. I picked up the name on the circuit."
Meloy: "The Aristreia! underground circuits. You were quite the star in your day!"
Skyfury: "If I didn't win, I didn't get payed and if I didn't get payed then I didn't survive. Psy-stims ain't cheap, princess."
Meloy: "So fame isn't all it's cracked up to be?"
Meloy: "Well, if that's where you got your call sign, what is your real name?"
Skyfury: "Ms. Skyfury."
Meloy: "I see... So you wouldn't know anything about the name Ina..."

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2013/03/28 23:53:39

Made in gb
Joined the Military for Authentic Experience

On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

That looks like a very interesting conversion mate! Can I ask what bits you have used?

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Thanks man, the conversion is really simple right now. The only new part I added was the combo rifle from the female Zero. She needs more work to tidy it up and I'm not happy with the chain in her other hand. The reason I decided not to change her more is because she is already in a Moderator uniform, the Uberfalk are a division of the Moderators so her uniform is just a bit more roughed up. All of the models are at a very early stage right now, I've pinned and glued them all 90% but nothing else has been done.

Here is my female Sin Eater and her custom combi sniper rifle. Is it too big?

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:00448-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Candy: "She's a sick puppy. Even before the Sarge picked her up."
Meloy: "In what way?"
Candy: "Well. Her flagellation habit has very little to do with eating sins."
Meloy: "Really?! How do you know that?"
Candy: "Crone had Alice and I bring her in. There was a file on her like a novel and a trail of bodies to match. Found her passed out in this *beep* apartment. *beep* was covered in dried blood and scars, a real *beeep* mess."
Meloy: "So you're not a fan?"
Candy: "What?! Nah, Diana's a great chick, I'm just glad she's on our side."
Meloy: "Aha, okay! You arrested Ms. Skyfury too, right?
Candy: "Sure di..."

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:49789-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Crone: "You're right. My Bark is worse than my bite."
CRAACK!
Bark: "Invincible my ass."

> MEDIA PLAYBACK: Complete
> PLAY AGAIN?
> OR
> CHOOSE ANOTHER FILE
> _____________

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/28 23:51:21

Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

Nope, that rifle is just the right size, although she must be quite strong!

Made in us
Leaping Dog Warrior

It's anime-inspired, and since when does anime not have big sniper rifles?

Looks pretty cool mate

MRRF 300pts
Adeptus Custodes: 2250pts

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Haha, thanks guys, judging by those links this sniper rifle is tiny for anime. Interestingly the rifle probably weighs very little C_D, according to the rulebook p.71:
Tarik Mansuri wrote:"New rifles are disgusting; they look like toys and are completely inappropriate to break someone's teeth with a butt whack. They are too damn light... That's why I always carried a shotgun when in the boarding groups..."

I love that Corvus Belli give us info like that, it can be hard to find but at least they actually tell us stuff.

So here is my Clockmaker and her Zondbots.

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:00632-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Meloy: "...andestine, sons and daughters! I'm joined by Private Kaywinnet, better known as Caliper"
Isaiah: "Hi, Avery! I'm real excited to be on the show, I've never been on Oxyd before, or any channel for that matter. I have this friend back home, he was in the background during a Go-Go Marlene segment, you can only see the back of his head but it's definitely him."
Meloy: "That's... That's great... Why don't you tell the viewers a little about yourself."
Dawn: "Well... I'm a Clockmaker, rank; Private, my full name's Mei Clementine Kaywinnet, Clementine is my Mum's name, eh, I love noodles, oh, and chocolate..."
Meloy: "Okay! That's probably a good start! Ehh, do you always cast your voice through your Zondbots?"
Isaiah: "Oh, yeh, sorry! I try and use my babies as much as possible, it's great practice, would you rather I talk to you like this? I don't mind, I forget, this must seem strange to people who don't know me, I've been doing this since I was a kid, back then i just had Dawn though."
Meloy: "Aha, no. Just do what feels comfortable. So this little lady is Dawn?"
Charlotte: "Yep, and this is Charlotte."
Isaiah: "And this is Isaiah. My Dad gave me Dawn for my tenth birthday, she's had a few upgrades since then though, hehe! Isaiah was my Academy bot, I learnt the trade with him, we've been through a lot together and Lotte is brand new, I've just started making adjustments on her, Crone bought her for me a few days ago, we just picked up a few new toys actually, must be all those credits Crone got for doing this show, hehehe!"
Meloy: "Haha, yeh. They're lovely little things and you must be extremely talented to manipulate them like you do. So how did you meet the good Sergeant and come to be on this boat?"
Dawn: "Thanks! Well it's a long story, I..."

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

I'm a little worried that I'm being sexist or my writing is just awful. It's really difficult to write for the opposite gender. Apologies if I offend anyone, just say if you are and I can see about making some alterations.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/03/28 23:48:27

Made in se
Parachuting Para-Commando

Infinity minis are not easy to convert you have done a really excellent work with these.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Thanks Ivan! They've got a long way to go though and there is more to come. It's about time I post an update actually!

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:32947-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Crone: "I need Indie up front now! Hostile TAG approaching!"
Jockey: "Jockey in the saddle."
Dawn: "Anti-armour located, I'll patch through the coordinates, there you go, carefu..."
Shiny: "Neutralised."
Jockey: "*beep*. If this guy would stop blowing holes in the scenery for two seconds I might be able to do my job."
Crone: "Stop worrying about Indie's paint job and move up!"
Jockey: "You got it, boss."
Crone: "All hostiles neutralised. Secure area. Oh, and next time, Jockey, don't go through the building."

> MEDIA PLAYBACK: Complete
> PLAY AGAIN?
> OR
> CHOOSE ANOTHER FILE
> _____________

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/28 23:45:36

Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka

Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

What the hell is this thing of beauty?

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Made in us
[DCM]
-

-

NOMADS

Szalamandra Squadron T.A.G.

Nice, isn't it?

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Yep, not a big fan of the Szally model out of the box so I'm converting it. Still needs a fair bit of work but nothing too difficult.

Well I've been wanting to post another miniature but I lost my notes on their stories and wanted to find that before I moved on. Here is Private Nala Vasquez Leon, also known as Jockey.

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Audio
> [50062J:04373-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Meloy: ...Much of a chance to talk. Mind if I snatch a few moments with you now? Just audio. For reference later.
Jockey: Sure thing.
Meloy: So you are the pilot of Clandestine?
Jockey: Yes, ma'am. And I pilot Indie and Glove.
Meloy: That's the unit's assigned Tactical Armoured Gears. Szalamandra and Lizard classes respectively, yeh?
Jockey: Well Glove, the Lizard class, was picked up recently for the unit but Indie is all mine.
Meloy: Really?! It isn't very often a pilot owns her own TAG! Especially a young Private like yourself.
Jockey: Especially for a slum rat.
Meloy: Oh, I didn't mean that!
Jockey: Haha, nah I'm pulling your chain. The fact is I grew up in a slum on Corregidor and I lost my mother at 8. Not your average Pilot's upbringing.
Meloy: Oh my! That must have been terrible!
Jockey: The Red Auction was terrible. This is just life. I was forged in the inferno of Corregidor and it made me the best. I worked and slept and worked some more. I ate nothing but noodles and supplements for 9 years and when I had enough credit I bought myself a TAG.
Meloy: Inspiring!
Jockey: Well, I say TAG, Indie was just a rusted out lump of scrap waiting to be disposed of. I taught myself how to fix her and then how to pilot her.
Meloy: This is amazing! So how did you end up here?
Jockey: At the next Krug I moved to a Praxis module with the few credits I had left and set myself up as a mercenary. Made myself a mint over the next few years and then, at 22, I met Sergeant Graystone. Simple as that.
Meloy: Simple! You're far too modest. I think that is everything, thanks. Let me check my notes and then I'll let you grab some rack time.
Jockey: Haha, sure.
Meloy: Oh yes, looks like just one last question... yeh just one. Can you...

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

Oh and don't worry, when I get each model posted up once I'll pull back a bit on the fluff. I know it isn't everyone cup of tea.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2013/03/28 23:43:30

Made in de
Infiltrating Naga

Hamburg, Germany

Nice modifications, keep 'em coming!
Also, nice fluff, highly appropriate and enjoyable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/27 00:14:45

Visit my I-munda/Necromunda P&M Blog: Eye for Detail
Visit my Infinity P&M Blog: Reckless Abandon
Scarper: "That is incredibly detailed...shows an attention to detail that goes beyond anyone you'll fight."
The Good Green: "Ok, That is incredible. Such attention to detail... I'm convinced you would benefit from a straight jacket ;~P Thanks for raising the bar."
PDH: "Yeah Bloody Baiyuan's Bloody eye for detail . Bet he doesn't sig that one"
PDH: "I'm not saying anything that you might sig against me. Made that mistake before!"
PDH: "Thanks for joining Dakka and spoiling us with your work. "

Made in se
Parachuting Para-Commando

Nice mini and really enjoyable background fluff looking forward to more.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Thanks guys! That means a lot! It's not great writing by any means and I could certainly do better but it is relatively low effort for the output. When this blog gets comes to an end one day I might take the oppurtunity to compile and improve the fluff.

You may have noticed that I have gone back and edited my posts to define where the fluff ends and my comments begin. Should make viewing a little more enjoyable for me and anyone following my progress.

While I'm here, I may as well announce that I have arranged an O-12 Operative trade with the all round legend, Mr. BlueDagger. Since I'm using this army as a theme I'll be posting my progress here. Extra kudos to him for inviting me to trade without having seen anything I've painted, he'll be receiving the very first painted Herald which is nice and i'll do my best to give him something as pretty as I can manage. I hope more people feel encouraged to sign up!

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:69004-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Crone: Bark?
Bark: Optimal area coverage. 23%. 14, 6, 7, 22, 21 clear.
Crone: *beep*. Shiny, tell me a story.
Shiny: White Noise and Harmony. Evac in 13.
Crone: Mary, mother of God! ...Fine, no mistakes.
Shiny: Crone, Tharn, Candy, Skyfury, Boost, Isaiah: Alpha. Me, Bark, Calliper: Beta. Jockey... don't be late.
Jockey: In the saddle.
Shiny: White Noise initiated. Brace for Harmony.
Tharn: Normally I prefer to be bought dinner before I let someone get inside me.
Bark: Careful, Shiny. Who knows what viruses Tharn's carrying in her TPG.
Calliper: Heh!
Crone: Focus!
Shiny: ...and brace.
Bark: *beep*
Candy: *beep*
Shiny: Right. Let's get her back. Just trust the instruc...

> BUFFERING...
> RESUME MEDIA PLAYBACK
> [50062J:69011-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Shiny: ...tions like we trained.
Crone: Spike!
Shiny: Yeh! Hostile 18 is spitting out evo activity. We remain undetected, keep movi...

> BUFFERING...
> BUFFERING...
> MEDIA PLAYBACK: Incomplete
> DIAGNOSIS: Corrupted File
> CHOOSE ANOTHER FILE
> _____________

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

I'm finally getting round to another update! This time it's the boss lady, Sergeant Soteira Graystone. I've not glued her arm since the gun will make painting very difficult.

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Crone: ...sanctioned by powers well above me but I pounced on the opportunity.
Meloy: And what was your motivation?
Crone: Well we don't hand out promotions for nothing in the Observance and I've got my eyes set on joining the ranks of the Moiras. This is my ticket to the next level and maybe further.
Meloy: You're certainly a determined and strong woman. An excellent role model for any young girls watching!
Crone: Well I'd like to think that I'm a positive role model to the girls in the unit. As I said before, they are each hand picked by me from many walks of life. If this show convinces some kids to join the Observance then all the better.
Meloy: That's very admirable... I can't help but see your personal determination and faith as conflicting sides to your agenda. Would that be fair to say?
Crone: That's a misconception I've come across a lot and i'm glad you've brought it up. I am quite private and internal about my faith and I only teach those in my care, like my unit. That said, I live my life by my faith and it takes precedence over any personal callings I may have. My personal drive to reach the top of my career might seem self centered but every step I take up that ladder allows me to do more for the Observance and Our Lady of Mercy.
Meloy: An eloquent and measured response as ever, Sergeant Graystone. Thank you for explaining that so clearly for myself and the Oxyd: Arachne! viewers. So where would you say this show fits in to your life?
Crone: As always, it's of benefit to my life long pilgrimage. I mean, it's paying for a large amount of our new equipment, including this ship we are sitting in now. All that means I can execute more difficult missions forvthe Observance. Personally? Well it feels pretty nice to have so many people listening to me. Right, Avery? Haha! I always say there is nothing wrong with a little ego boost as long as you don't let it go to your head.
Meloy: Heh! It's not half bad is it? So how have your unit taken to the life within the Observance?
Crone: They're not all new to our faith but they have each taken...

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Hey folks! Made some progress on a couple of the models shown already and on my O-12 trade for BlueDagger. I'll start with Bark for now:

• Incoming File...
• Downloaded: Profile - Bark
• Accessing:
Rank: Private
Name: Diana Roslyn
Call Sign: Bark
Nationality: Nomad - Bakunin
ISC: Sin Eater Observant
Cell: Heralds of the Knife
Threat Level: 8
Security Level: 6
Notes:
• Extensive Criminal Record
• Sadomasochist

(Select image to enlarge)

Nothing elaborate here, I started by filling the holes on the helmet and backside, and also the one I made while pinning the feet. Lastly I sculpted the join of the two gun parts which I think has come through quite well, mainly because of how I had lined them up. I'm a few stages into painting now too, I'll maybe get some in progress shots of that at some point.

More soon!

Edit:
Here is the O-12 Operative i'm working on to trade with BlueDagger. It's a pretty extensive conversion but I think I've pulled it off. C&C and/or questions welcome!

• Incoming File...
• Downloaded: Profile - Lhost Alpha
• Accessing:
Rank: O-12 Operative
Name: Lhost Alpha
Call Sign: Alpha
Cell: Heralds of the Knife
Threat Level: 9
Security Level: 3
Notes:
• The Lhosts are implanted with Cubes duplicated from members of the Heralds of the Knife. These Cubes are tweaked slightly and the Lhosts are sent off to operate as mercenaries. It is unknown which member of the Heralds Alpha is based on or if it changes as different skills are needed.
• Although designated as an O-12 Operative, Alpha and the others are available to the highest bidder. Alpha has been recorded as almost solely operating under the command of the renowned criminal Blue Dagger.
• Alpha successfully poses as a Bashi Bazouk possibly using a stolen or invented identity.
• The creation of these Lhosts, their Cubes, and their identities is highly illegal but the O-12 appears to be covering it up.

(Select image to enlarge)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2013/05/06 10:27:04

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Some early shots of my moderators. In the first image, left to right, is Tharn, Candy and Skyfury.
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50062J:69217-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Candy: She's alive!
Tharn: Release her binds and let's get out of here.
Shiny: Multiple hostiles approaching your location. The alarm's drawing them in.
Candy: I can't get through these binds!
Tharn: Shiny?
Shiny: One second... That should be it.
Candy: Got them! Thanks!
Skyfury: Three patrols approaching, clear to engage?
Meloy: Gasp! What's happening?! Where am I?!
Crone: Sedate her and regroup at Boost's location.
Jockey: Evac in two.
Crone: Candy, carry Meloy by yourself, stay close behind us.
Shiny: Route plotted, trust it. You have two minutes. Clear to engage.
Tharn: First patrol neutralized.
Bark: Two hostiles approaching your rear. Neutralized.
Shiny: Two patrols, four and three hostiles. You'll have to take both simultaneously.
Bark: 1 and 3 hostiles.
Skyfury: Clear.
Shiny: *beep* I've lost you.
Candy: Oh *beep*!
Tharn: Boost's taken damage.
Isaiah: On it... Nope it's no good, she's still moving but we're on our own.
Crone: Shiny, secure the evac zone. Bark, you're our eyes.
Bark: Negative. Line of site compromised. I'll do what I can.

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

As a follow up, a profile for Tharn before paint. I gave her a larger tail and sculpted a 'large' bow for it. I also gave the face a slight resculpt to make it rabbitlike.
• Incoming File...
• Downloaded: Profile - Tharn
• Accessing:
Rank: Corporal
Name: Alice Hyzenthlay
Call Sign: Tharn
Nationality: Nomad - Bakunin
ISC: Moderator
Cell: Heralds of the Knife
Threat Level: 10
Security Level: 6
Notes:
• Illegal leporidae body modifications.

(Select image to enlarge)

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

I'm not familiar with the models, so I can't really comment on the posing. But I look forward to some paint.

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Thanks for the comment, H. Posing is pretty much as they come so far so this early part of the blog is mainly about get some fluff down which I enjoy writing. My photography set up is awful at the moment which doesn't help to show off the greenstuff work. As soon as I can improve my set up I'll move on to painting pics which I've made a start on.

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

Oh, yeah. Didn't mention the fluff. I've been reading it. Again, not familiar with the setting, so don't follow all of it. How close are you sticking to the accepted fluff? How strict is the cannon' compared to 40k? Or are you going to be pushing boundaries like my 40k army?
Keep it up.

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Haha, I don't expect many comments on fluff but I enjoy writing a story for my various armies so it's worth it for me even although it's not a crowd pleaser.

Interestingly I took a while to consider how accessible to make it. In the end I fell on the side I'm on now which means it only makes any real sense to Infinity fans(I hope). What I'm writing is pretty embedded in the canon and I've purposely made it very small scale to make it as plausible as possible. Hopefully, if I've done a half decent job, the story should fit right into the universe without causing any waves which effect anything important. That was my intent anyway. If you have any questions though I'd be happy to wind in explanations or fill gaps as I go along.

"How strict is the cannon' compared to 40k?"
That's an interesting question, I'm not sure whether Infinity canon is stricter than 40k... I think it probably is since it's only set 200years in the future and is more like classic science fiction. The boundaries of what is technologically possible are pretty well defined for instance. So yeh, overall I'd say this universe is a little more pinned down. Saying that, I'd love to play a Zombie scenario one day as an alternate universe sort of caper.

Made in us
Fixture of Dakka

dead account

This is wicked boss Casey. Look forward to more.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Thanks chief! I'm hoping to get 2+ more miniatures into the early stages of painting this week so I'll get some prepaint shots up for them soon.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Finally getting around to an update! Still having some photography issues but it'll do until I get to paint updates.

Also, I have a couple of questions and I'm really interested to hear what your responses are, particularly to the second one!
a) I've taken a leap and rolled out some rather large suppressors to all of the models that would feasibly have them. I'm hoping it makes them more unique and adds to the idea that most of there operations are covert. Models with ranged weapons who aren't getting them are the two TAGs, Vertigo and Lhost Alpha because Alpha uses a more aggressive combat style and the toasters only engage when everything has gone to frak.
What do you think?
b) This is the important one! I'm looking for your suggestions for an awesome TAG pose, I'm going to be reworking the Lizard massively but I'm stumped on how to pose it. Don't worry too much about the model it's been stripped down into parts already so pretty much anything goes! I look forward to your suggestions.

• Incoming File...
• Downloaded: Profile - Caliper
• Accessing:
Rank: Private
Name: Mei Clementine Kaywinnet
Call Sign: Caliper
Nationality: Nomad - Bakunin
ISC: Clockmaker
Cell: Heralds of the Knife
Threat Level: 9
Security Level: 6
Notes:
• Highly skilled Zondbot operator.
• Uses three heavily customized engineering grade Zondbots named Charlotte, Dawn and Isaiah.

(Select image to enlarge)

• Incoming File...
• Downloaded: Profile - Shiny
• Accessing:
Rank: Corporal
Name: Zhang Kira
Call Sign: Shiny
Nationality: Nomad - Tunguska
ISC: Zero
Cell: Heralds of the Knife
Threat Level: 7
Security Level: 6
Notes:
• Previously trained and operated as a Spektr.
• Favours currently illegal and untested protocols of her own creation.
• The hair on her head has been replaced with cables connecting directly to her internal wetware. A highly illegal modification made fashionable by Conciliator Diomedes Galinthias.

(Select image to enlarge)

Over and out!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/05/28 14:14:58

Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout

Leeds, UK

If you're going for suppresors i'd be tempted to shorten them a bit as they look a bit like sniper rifles at the minute. Then they just need some paint on them!

As for the lizard, hmmm. Most of the conversions i've seen have just been changes to the leg/ arm positions to make it look more like it's walking/ shooting rather than static. I'll be interested to see what you do with it as i think its a great model.

Link to my Gallery.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Thanks for the comment mate. I thought the suppressors might be a bit on the long side so I'm glad I asked. I've made it easy enough to shorten them so I'll get on that soon. What do you think, half length?

I promise paint isn't too far away now! I have 3 conversions and 5 preps to go then it's all about the paint. Preps take no time but the conversions are going to be tougher than before. I'll have at least one conversion done by the end of the week but I'll aim to do more.

The Lizard continues to taunt me, I'm not a huge fan of the model's lack of movement so that's the main change I'll be making. I'll keep on thinking. Working on the Szally this week might help me think of something.

Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout

Leeds, UK

Yeah, i think half length on the suppresors would be about right.

For the lizard i think the main thing is doing something with the legs as they are a bit too straight/ static at the moment. Once you've got the legs done you can probably just pose the arms to suit. You could try doing something similar to the Su Jian's legs (combat form) so that its just standing on one foot with the other raised/ running?

Link to my Gallery.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

I'll get onto cutting them down, thanks for spotting it! I like your thinking on the TAG, I'll prioritize the legs and keep the Su Jian in mind. Update before long I hope!

Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: