Switch Theme:

Space Marines being rolled into one book  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Poll
Do you like the stance of merging all core Space Marines into one?
Yes
No
Undecided/Indifferent

View results
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Like, imagine saying White Scars should be their own codex because you use three Khans on Bikes. You'd be laughed at and rightfully so

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Can I steal that reaction image?

Absolutely.


@ white dog, it will Cut down because gw does release multiple supplements in one Week compared to dexes , that does give more Space for other dexes even though it is fundamentally a dick move due to forcing people to buy more books...

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Like, imagine saying White Scars should be their own codex because you use three Khans on Bikes. You'd be laughed at and rightfully so


Again, you are being willfully ignorant... you are so clearly full of it XD ... come on man... just pick up a SW codex and educate yourself XD this is starting to just be funny. We can all see you are mis-representing what others are saying and you have no idea of the things you are arguing against... relax, step back, re-read what people wrote to you and try responding to what people are actually saying and responding with facts instead of just ,,, saying random stuff that isn't true and responding to positions no is taking.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 21:17:25


As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






 Type40 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Like, imagine saying White Scars should be their own codex because you use three Khans on Bikes. You'd be laughed at and rightfully so


Again, you are being willfully ignorant... you are so clearly full of it XD ... come on man... just pick up a SW codex and educate yourself XD this is starting to just be funny.


No. YOU are being willfully ignorant. Again, the writing is on the wall for all old marine units. No old marine unit translates 1 for 1 to primaris. Wargear options are going to change. Special single models can be broken off into character units. And Primaris versions of all the units (or their close enough aproxamations) are going to exist eventually.

You wanting to preserve whatever you think is so important from the last edition and tail end of 7th doesn't mean a single shred of it is going to get preserved. That is the facts of what is coming. Based on those facts, what are you going to do? You going to tell everyone these ain't your space wolves? Back in YOUR day "I had _____ and ______ wargear options!"

What is your plan here? What are you actually fighting for?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 21:22:22



These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in gb
Khorne Chosen Marine Riding a Juggernaut




 Lance845 wrote:
 Type40 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Like, imagine saying White Scars should be their own codex because you use three Khans on Bikes. You'd be laughed at and rightfully so


Again, you are being willfully ignorant... you are so clearly full of it XD ... come on man... just pick up a SW codex and educate yourself XD this is starting to just be funny.


No. YOU are being willfully ignorant. Again, the writing is on the wall for all old marine units. No old marine unit translates 1 for 1 to primaris. Wargear options are going to change. Special single models can be broken off into character units. And Primaris versions of all the units (or their close enough aproxamations) are going to exist eventually.

You wanting to preserve whatever you think is so important from the last edition and tail end of 7th doesn't mean a single shred of it is going to get preserved. That is the facts of what is coming. Based on those facts, what are you going to do? You going to tell everyone these ain't your space wolves? Back in YOUR day "I had _____ and ______ wargear options!"

What is your plan here? What are you actually fighting for?


You can do that now, try asking death guard players about their havocs and t6 bikes, it tickles me a little. Agreed though, a supplement is all that is needed and a couple of flavour units combined with some aesthetic add ons for core models for theme if desired.
   
Made in us
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker





I'm a bit confused on the current argument, is there an issue with Wulfen and TWC?

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:

If the argument for their uniqueness is spamming Wulfen and Thunderwolves, then it wasn't really a unique army to begin with whether you like it or not.
nervous sweating

Regal Hunt, A custom space wolf army: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/774993.page#10435681

Gallery: https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-123933-61104_Landsknecht%20wip.html 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Jimbobbyish wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the current argument, is there an issue with Wulfen and TWC?


Right now? No. They are going to show up in the SW supplement along with the special named characters.

Some people don't like that space wolves are not getting their own codex with a full reprint of all the generic SM stuff + their stuff as a single book.

They also can't be bothered to accept having a little bit of foresight and know that any regular marine units are on their way out the door and have been for a few years. We are nearing the end of Primaris replacements and they HATE that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 21:31:27



These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





 Lance845 wrote:
 Type40 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Like, imagine saying White Scars should be their own codex because you use three Khans on Bikes. You'd be laughed at and rightfully so


Again, you are being willfully ignorant... you are so clearly full of it XD ... come on man... just pick up a SW codex and educate yourself XD this is starting to just be funny.


No. YOU are being willfully ignorant. Again, the writing is on the wall for all old marine units. No old marine unit translates 1 for 1 to primaris. Wargear options are going to change. Special single models can be broken off into character units. And Primaris versions of all the units (or their close enough aproxamations) are going to exist eventually.

You wanting to preserve whatever you think is so important from the last edition and tail end of 7th doesn't mean a single shred of it is going to get preserved. That is the facts of what is coming. Based on those facts, what are you going to do? You going to tell everyone these ain't your space wolves? Back in YOUR day "I had _____ and ______ wargear options!"

What is your plan here? What are you actually fighting for?


lol wow,,, you guys really are just grasping at any reason to argue back... do you know what willfully ignorant means ? seriously. Slayer is trying to say that Tyco and I only presented one alterntive playstyle and has tried to claim SW rules and compsitions incorrectly several times. I not the one ignoring what people are writing, pick and choosing sentences and full on making stuff up XD .

p.s. unique space wolves are much much older then 7th.... remember, i have been playing since 4th. we talked about this lol . and SW have had unique non-generic rules since I started playing at least.

But you keep telling us to take our vanila primaris and swallow it or quit the game and then call us the gatekeepers for suggesting that SWs have alternative ways to play currently lol.

come on.
we are voicing the fact that we are upset about losing our unique faction, and you are acting like the fact that we don't agree with GWs decision is some kind of blasphemy... seriously, relax and stop drinking the coolaid for one second. take an objective look at what the company you are so brand loyal to is doing XD. p.s. there are no unique primaris SW units yet and we are concerned that vinilfying our faction into SM means there never will be. Not to mention, some of us dont like having 1000s of dollars and hours worth models invalidated by shady buisness practices... but you dont seem to be able to grasp that huh ?


As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

What have you lost? As of right now, what is missing?

And, when the supplement drops, what will be missing then?

Go on. Tell me.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





 Lance845 wrote:
Jimbobbyish wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the current argument, is there an issue with Wulfen and TWC?


Right now? No. They are going to show up in the SW supplement along with the special named characters.

Some people don't like that space wolves are not getting their own codex with a full reprint of all the generic SM stuff + their stuff as a single book.

They also can't be bothered to accept having a little bit of foresight and know that any regular marine units are on their way out the door and have been for a few years. We are nearing the end of Primaris replacements and they HATE that.


lol what generic SM stuff ?
we are upset about losing the unique stuff that is too close too the generic stuff to justify our flavour and unique play style units.
Like blood claws, grey hunters, wolf gaurd pack leaders, long fangs and etc.
do you really not get this... like for the last time,,, there is more to space wolves then just primaris.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 JNAProductions wrote:
What have you lost? As of right now, what is missing?

And, when the supplement drops, what will be missing then?

Go on. Tell me.


please go back in this thread and read the concerns presented in literally dozens of posts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 21:34:39


As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in us
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker





 Lance845 wrote:
Jimbobbyish wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the current argument, is there an issue with Wulfen and TWC?


Right now? No. They are going to show up in the SW supplement along with the special named characters.

Some people don't like that space wolves are not getting their own codex with a full reprint of all the generic SM stuff + their stuff as a single book.

They also can't be bothered to accept having a little bit of foresight and know that any regular marine units are on their way out the door and have been for a few years. We are nearing the end of Primaris replacements and they HATE that.

So it's all a moot point until both codex and supplement it out...

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:

If the argument for their uniqueness is spamming Wulfen and Thunderwolves, then it wasn't really a unique army to begin with whether you like it or not.
nervous sweating

Regal Hunt, A custom space wolf army: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/774993.page#10435681

Gallery: https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-123933-61104_Landsknecht%20wip.html 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

Spoiler:
 Type40 wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
Jimbobbyish wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the current argument, is there an issue with Wulfen and TWC?


Right now? No. They are going to show up in the SW supplement along with the special named characters.

Some people don't like that space wolves are not getting their own codex with a full reprint of all the generic SM stuff + their stuff as a single book.

They also can't be bothered to accept having a little bit of foresight and know that any regular marine units are on their way out the door and have been for a few years. We are nearing the end of Primaris replacements and they HATE that.


lol what generic SM stuff ?
we are upset about losing the unique stuff that is too close too the generic stuff to justify our flavour and unique play style units.
Like blood claws, grey hunters, wolf gaurd pack leaders, long fangs and etc.
do you really not get this... like for the last time,,, there is more to space wolves then just primaris.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 JNAProductions wrote:
What have you lost? As of right now, what is missing?

And, when the supplement drops, what will be missing then?

Go on. Tell me.


please go back in this thread and read the concerns presented in literally dozens of posts.
So you don't know if literally ANYTHING is going to go away? Because, yes, one can reasonably be worried they might lose stuff. But you're acting like it's already done and you've already lost every single unique rule.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






 Type40 wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
 Type40 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Like, imagine saying White Scars should be their own codex because you use three Khans on Bikes. You'd be laughed at and rightfully so


Again, you are being willfully ignorant... you are so clearly full of it XD ... come on man... just pick up a SW codex and educate yourself XD this is starting to just be funny.


No. YOU are being willfully ignorant. Again, the writing is on the wall for all old marine units. No old marine unit translates 1 for 1 to primaris. Wargear options are going to change. Special single models can be broken off into character units. And Primaris versions of all the units (or their close enough aproxamations) are going to exist eventually.

You wanting to preserve whatever you think is so important from the last edition and tail end of 7th doesn't mean a single shred of it is going to get preserved. That is the facts of what is coming. Based on those facts, what are you going to do? You going to tell everyone these ain't your space wolves? Back in YOUR day "I had _____ and ______ wargear options!"

What is your plan here? What are you actually fighting for?


lol wow,,, you guys really are just grasping at any reason to argue back... do you know what willfully ignorant means ? seriously. Slayer is trying to say that Tyco and I only presented one alterntive playstyle and has tried to claim SW rules and compsitions incorrectly several times. I not the one ignoring what people are writing, pick and choosing sentences and full on making stuff up XD .

p.s. unique space wolves are much much older then 7th.... remember, i have been playing since 4th. we talked about this lol . and SW have had unique non-generic rules since I started playing at least.

But you keep telling us to take our vanila primaris and swallow it or quit the game and then call us the gatekeepers for suggesting that SWs have alternative ways to play currently lol.

come on.
we are voicing the fact that we are upset about losing our unique faction, and you are acting like the fact that we don't agree with GWs decision is some kind of blasphemy... seriously, relax and stop drinking the coolaid for one second. take an objective look at what the company you are so brand loyal to is doing XD. p.s. there are no unique primaris SW units yet and we are concerned that vinilfying our faction into SM means there never will be. Not to mention, some of us dont like having 1000s of dollars and hours worth models invalidated by shady buisness practices... but you dont seem to be able to grasp that huh ?



Yeah? How long have you had wolfen for? Since the end of 7th. That leaves you with lone wolves (again.. a special character that can get a primaris version / I.E. a Lt.) Melee jump infantry (incoming) melee regular infantry (just arrived) some animals (nothing changes with them) and animal Calvary (either the wolves get bigger or the space wolves move to bikes). Oh yeah, and a gun ship that is a hell of a lot more recent then 4th edition. And I would bet you money that primaris will get a gun ship before we see 10th.


-You haven't lost gak. All your units are still there. They are either going to be in the supplement (almost guaranteed) or they will be in legends (completely still legal to use).
-It's not blasphemy for you to disagree with GW. I asked you a question. Whats your plan? What are you going to do about it? Stop saying the same gak over and over again.
-I am FAR from brand loyal to GW. GW sucks more then any other company I have ever given money to and I have spent the last 3 years avoiding giving them a single red cent.
-You are not being folded into regular marines whole sale. You haven't LOST anything. Wanna know who lost gak in 8th? Every forgeworld faction. You see Minotaurs or Red Scorpion players sitting around here bitching because they spent the last 3 years waiting for a chapter tactic, relic, warlord trait, and psychic power that never showed up? Some people "dont like having 1000s of dollars and hours worth models invalidated". I bet those guys spent way more money than you.
-It's not shaddy business to move on to a new edition and change the rules. Keep playing 8th if you don't like 9th. If you don't like the company stop giving them your money. Vote with your dollars. Again What are you planning to do?

Stop repeating your petty crap. What are you going to do about it?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Jimbobbyish wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
Jimbobbyish wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the current argument, is there an issue with Wulfen and TWC?


Right now? No. They are going to show up in the SW supplement along with the special named characters.

Some people don't like that space wolves are not getting their own codex with a full reprint of all the generic SM stuff + their stuff as a single book.

They also can't be bothered to accept having a little bit of foresight and know that any regular marine units are on their way out the door and have been for a few years. We are nearing the end of Primaris replacements and they HATE that.

So it's all a moot point until both codex and supplement it out...


Yeah Type40 is just a whiner.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/07/28 21:45:49



These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought




Nottingham

Type40 wrote:@sgt
Sure the 40+ datasheets that will need exceptions or new datasheets is totally the same thing as 8. You know as well as I do, your 8 is not really 8.
But there aren't even 40+ unique SW datasheets. There are 28, most of which are special characters.

My 8 covers units like Tacticals, who are obviously *similar* to the Grey Hunters, but would be too difficult to cleanly compare. So, for those 8 units were there's a lot of overlap, but not enough to fix with a single keyword, I advocate cutting out out of the shared units portion, and instead giving SW unique replacements.

So yes, my 8 really IS 8, because they form part of the 28 (now 27, because of my proposed changes to the Iron Priest) truly unique units.

So great if this works out the way you say it will , perfect, its gonna be a confusing mess of rules this edition... not sure what else to tell you.
What's confusing about it? Seriously?

You're already a SW player, so the sudden realisation that you can't take Tacticals and instead need to take Grey Hunters shouldn't be confusing to you. Hell, you should already know what units you want to take (and I'd be fully fine with SW getting things like Centurions).

So, yeah, what's the confusing part? 8 units that you can't take, but you couldn't anyway. It'll be no harder to explain to new players, and if they decide to switch Chapters midway through collecting, they don't need to buy a full new Codex.
A book of exceptions to another book is not as easy as a simple straightforward book of their own...
8 datasheets isn't "a book of exceptions". Stop making mountains out of molehills.

You'll find that I'd be far more receptive to your arguments if you didn't pull off blatant exaggeration like this.
not sure how else to tell you that. but w/e you keeping buying the GW hype and take what ever they dish out to you with a smile. I am content in calling them out.
And I'm content calling out your blatant exaggeration and leaping to conclusions.

So just give it a rest, at this point we can all tell you are grasping at calling us gatekeepers/ putting us down because you actually dont know anything about SW or what you are arguing for... and thats ok, its over now, just give it a rest.
For what it's worth, you seem to still have completely missed why I, the actual person who first called you out as a gatekeeper, did so.

It was because you suggested that, if you played with Primaris units instead of traditional SW ones, you weren't following the lore. A statement you still haven't made an attempt to distance from or admit you either misphrased it or simply have changed your mind on it.

JNAProductions wrote:What have you lost? As of right now, what is missing?

And, when the supplement drops, what will be missing then?

Go on. Tell me.
That's what I've been saying - there's an awful lot of "GW are going to ruin everything!!" without any actual evidence to back it up beyond "they want us to buy Primaris!!", which doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, because if GW REALLY wanted people to only buy Primaris, why do they still sell old models?

Read the history of the Charadon Crusade: The Crusade of Fury was at an end.
Join the Crion Crusade: I think it's the combination of butt jokes, democratic necrons, explosions, and mind-fething that draws people to this Crusade like moths to a bug zapper - War Kitten
Rippy wrote:Never forgetti, template spaghetti.
DR:90S++G++MB+IPw40k07-D++A++/sWD366R++T(F)DM+ 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





They also can't be bothered to accept having a little bit of foresight and know that any regular marine units are on their way out the door and have been for a few years. We are nearing the end of Primaris replacements and they HATE that.


No, we know that this is happening and we are trying to call out that this is shady business practices instead of literally replacing our entire army and thousands of dollars and hours worth of models with a gak eating grin on our faces while thanking GW along the way.
Its nice to have primaris as additional units and an expansion to the existing line is nice. is a bit uninspiring and uncreative considering they are just bigger, more OP, slightly more flying versions of the vanilla stuff but as an expansion fine. But trying to justify all this happening and saying you are happy that GW may be engaging in business practices that are literally illegal in some industries is just getting funny. You realize that its insane to thank and commend a company for convincing you to buy new versions of things you already have and then invalidating the things you already had arbitrarily ... just so they can sell you more... and its silly that as we call out the fact that we are unhappy they are rolling the SWs into the normal marine codex in order to make this process easier for them and your response to us is "DONT YOU KNOW THIS IS JUST BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE TO GET PRIMARIS SOON." Yes, we know, thanks for pointing out what we have a problem with.

Its one thing to release a new line of units and models, its one thing to replace models with new kits... its another thing to completely invalidate peoples entire collections, scrap factions, and make uninspired, effortless, versions of stuff you have already released just so you can force your player base to have to re-buy the same stuff they have already bought.

If old marines go, this company will have really screwed everyone who plays them,,, and its sad that alot of us are just taking it all with smiles and excitement.

As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Type40 wrote:

p.s. unique space wolves are much much older then 7th.... remember, i have been playing since 4th. we talked about this lol . and SW have had unique non-generic rules since I started playing at least.


So?

And I was there before then.and I've got friends who've played since second. Sw have had non generic rules since second. How those rules have been presented has drifted and shifted over the years. Having a core sm codex with a supplement for the special stuff has been done before, and merely echoes the approach gw took back in third. And guess what? Space wolves were space wolves back then too. Nothing new.

(And in my opinion at least, classic wolves were more space wolf then than now, being Viking barbarians with a hint of wolf where they resemble more of a Saturday morning cartoon where they are wolffangclawnouns with a hint of space marine) but that's ot.

 Type40 wrote:

come on.
we are voicing the fact that we are upset about losing our unique faction, and you are acting like the fact that we don't agree with GWs decision is some kind of blasphemy...



Thing is, and with respect, you're not losing anything. You're really really not.

 Type40 wrote:

seriously, relax and stop drinking the coolaid for one second. take an objective look at what the company you are so brand loyal to is doing XD. p.s. there are no unique primaris SW units yet and we are concerned that vinilfying our faction into SM means there never will be. Not to mention, some of us dont like having 1000s of dollars and hours worth models invalidated by shady buisness practices... but you dont seem to be able to grasp that huh ?



Pretty sure slayer and lance are two of the most frustratingly anti-gw posters here, and 'brand loyalty' isn't them, lol (I actually find it rather amusing being on the same side of an argument to them this time. But hey ho!) if anyone would actually take joy in pissing in the koolaid it's them.

There's no unique primaris sw units, yet but there don't need to be. Smudge has provided examples of how space wolves units could be represented, with keyword changes. It's been done before. Classic space wolves.

And incidentally, I'm pretty sure your models won't be invalidated. Not will they combust or cease to be able to be placed on a table top bar beyond the usual meta shift that occurs between editions (but that has nothing to do with gw using a core sm codex and supplements for special chapters), nor will there be an inquisitions sent round to send owners of said models off to jail.

With respect, you are panicking over nothing. I checked outside again and the sky still isn't falling. This is basically 'change is bad, because, m'kay'. It'll work out fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 21:57:36


greatest band in the universe: machine supremacy

"Punch your fist in the air and hold your Gameboy aloft like the warrior you are" 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






 Sgt_Smudge wrote:
...if GW REALLY wanted people to only buy Primaris, why do they still sell old models?

Boil the frog slowly, my friend...
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






 Type40 wrote:
GW may be engaging in business practices that are literally illegal in some industries is just getting funny.


HAHAHAHA No. THIS statement is what is funny. Go ahead. Explain and justify how what GW is doing is illegal in ANY industry. I am going to love this.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





For what it's worth, you seem to still have completely missed why I, the actual person who first called you out as a gatekeeper, did so.

It was because you suggested that, if you played with Primaris units instead of traditional SW ones, you weren't following the lore. A statement you still haven't made an attempt to distance from or admit you either misphrased it or simply have changed your mind on it.


Where did I say that ?

Why do people keep going "whats unique about space wolves"
then people list of examples of what they think is unique about them and then the response is
"GATEKEEPING, PEOPLE CAN PLAY VANILLA PRIMARIS IF THEY WANT TO"

stop being disingenuous. you know what I meant when I wrote what I wrote.
p.s. do I need to post the 40+ unique data sheets again ?
you keep simplifying the faction, ignoring units, unit interactions, and rules and woefully under representing the 40+ unique datasheets.
I really dont understand.. I keep agreeing with you. your proposed solution is the best case scenario, what else do you want ?

again, I just think your proposed solution is way way way more confusing and complicated then simply printing a unique codex.
I don't mind figuring out all the exceptions, changes and differences between the two books. but it will be weird when i have to explain to a new player that I am using a unit but half of that units abilities are in this other book and not in the first book but a few of the abilities are the same. Oh and it has these special rules that are different from the normal ones and btw this units data-sheet is in this other book... that is even more confusing then the way datasheets / strats / etc are in separate books now.

"oh ya, these are tac marines, but they only have these 2 abilties, they also have these 2 abiltities, and this extra keyword. and tey can take these different weapon options, it says right here in this other book. oh and this guy is a lieutenant he is in this unit, but he is called a wolf gaurd, and he is allowed to be in that unit because of these extra exceptions from this other book to. " lol you really think thats gonna be easy for everyone and their opponents XD .

so either we ll be having conversations like that,,, and i ll probably make a nice little binder where I will print my own datasheets so i dont have to try and explain all these exceptions that could have been avoided by just giving the faction their own codex XD. Or SW get completely vanilla. Which is what I am worried will happen because, as nice as your proposal would be for keeping our uniqueness, I just feel like its too convoluted, even for GW.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Lance845 wrote:
 Type40 wrote:
GW may be engaging in business practices that are literally illegal in some industries is just getting funny.


HAHAHAHA No. THIS statement is what is funny. Go ahead. Explain and justify how what GW is doing is illegal in ANY industry. I am going to love this.


you can do your own research. lol . if you cant figure that out. thats on you.. keep eating it with a smile lol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 22:00:47


As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






No no no. The burden of proof is not on me or anyone else. YOU made the assertion that what GW is doing is ACTUALLY illegal in some circles. YOU provide the evidence to support YOUR argument. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

This is some 14 yr old in a MSN chat room "I'm a college professor and I know...." bull gak.

I think your done buddy. Wrap it up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 22:04:22



These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





Deadnight wrote:
 Type40 wrote:

p.s. unique space wolves are much much older then 7th.... remember, i have been playing since 4th. we talked about this lol . and SW have had unique non-generic rules since I started playing at least.


So?

And I was there before then.and I've got friends who've played since second. Sw have had non generic rules since second. How those rules have been presented has drifted and shifted over the years. Having a core sm codex with a supplement for the special stuff has been done before, and merely echoes the approach gw took back in third. And guess what? Space wolves were space wolves back then too. Nothing new.

(And in my opinion at least, classic wolves were more space wolf then than now, being Viking barbarians with a hint of wolf where they resemble more of a Saturday morning cartoon where they are wolffangclawnouns with a hint of space marine) but that's ot.
I was responding to someone claiming i had a problem with losing new stuff introduced in 7th... i wasnt.... please make sure you know the context of what you are responding too. its all in the thread .

 Type40 wrote:

come on.
we are voicing the fact that we are upset about losing our unique faction, and you are acting like the fact that we don't agree with GWs decision is some kind of blasphemy...



Thing is, and with respect, you're not losing anything. You're really really not.

again please read some of the other contexts in this thread and get an understanding of why there are concerns


 Type40 wrote:

seriously, relax and stop drinking the coolaid for one second. take an objective look at what the company you are so brand loyal to is doing XD. p.s. there are no unique primaris SW units yet and we are concerned that vinilfying our faction into SM means there never will be. Not to mention, some of us dont like having 1000s of dollars and hours worth models invalidated by shady buisness practices... but you dont seem to be able to grasp that huh ?



Pretty sure slayer and lance are two of the most frustratingly anti-gw posters here, and 'brand loyalty' isn't them, lol (I actually find it rather amusing being on the same side of an argument to them this time. But hey ho!) if anyone would actually take joy in pissing in the koolaid it's them.
that's really not how they are acting in this thread... I guess sometimes people change,,, considering they are arguing in favour of a slow forced invalidation of entire collections for profit ,,, seems like they are kinda for GW no lol

There's no unique primaris sw units, yet but there don't need to be. Smudge has provided examples of how space wolves units could be represented, with keyword changes. It's been done before. Classic space wolves.
see my post about reducing the game to 10 main datasheets so no faction has any mechanical differences what so ever... we could easily remove all mechanical uniqueness in the game and instead rely only on representation for flavour... but that wouldnt be the game you signed up for would it ? I am pretty sure it would help with balance , but losing accesses to unique mechanics is kind of gakky. Again, why not have the same datasheet for all heavy vehicles rolled into one, or all strong units, or all horde units... unique mechanics are a reason people play the game . I really can't understand why people seem to want this to be just an out of the box board game where everything just works the same way... thats not the point. Aesthetics are NOT the only thing that provides identity and it never has been in this game. The game has generally given more unique traits or changed unique traits not taken them away. Except for when they do,,, and then people justifiably get upset.

And incidentally, I'm pretty sure your models won't be invalidated. Not will they combust or cease to be able to be placed on a table top bar beyond the usual meta shift that occurs between editions (but that has nothing to do with gw using a core sm codex and supplements for special chapters), nor will there be an inquisitions sent round to send owners of said models off to jail.
We ll one argument that keeps being presented is that we should just accept it because everything is becoming generic primaris and old marines wont exist soon anyways... so ya,,, people are trying to tell us our models will be invalidated.

With respect, you are panicking over nothing. I checked outside again and the sky still isn't falling. This is basically 'change is bad, because, m'kay'. It'll work out fine.


I hope it will work out fine. But I have my doubts,,, it doesnt make sense for SW to have nearly as many unique mechanics after this... and again ,, for those of you just saying "well you can still call them space wolves if they play as marines" you seem to miss the thing I have been saying from the begining. I want to play SW I don't want to play Marines. I picked this faction because of how THEY play ... for those of you who don't seem to understand that SW have unique ways of being played that isn't just primaris spam... please just pick up the current codex... because you are objectively wrong.

As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought




Nottingham

Type40 wrote:
For what it's worth, you seem to still have completely missed why I, the actual person who first called you out as a gatekeeper, did so.

It was because you suggested that, if you played with Primaris units instead of traditional SW ones, you weren't following the lore. A statement you still haven't made an attempt to distance from or admit you either misphrased it or simply have changed your mind on it.


Where did I say that ?
When you said "In SW, currently, you take plasma cannon long fangs,,, not hellblasters...
In SW currently, if you like the fluff, you ll take bloodclaws not generic primaris assault.
In SW currently, if you like the fluff, you ll take grey hunters, not generic intercessors."

I've already quoted this back to you, you know.

Why do people keep going "whats unique about space wolves"
then people list of examples of what they think is unique about them and then the response is
"GATEKEEPING, PEOPLE CAN PLAY VANILLA PRIMARIS IF THEY WANT TO"
Because that's not what you said.
You very much implied that Intercessors weren't an option if you liked the fluff, suggesting that Primaris aren't "real Space Wolves".

stop being disingenuous. you know what I meant when I wrote what I wrote.
No, I *don't* know what you mean, because what you've written is incredibly gatekeepy!

It's not hard - correct your statement, admit you might have phrased it badly, or stick by it. Simple choices.
p.s. do I need to post the 40+ unique data sheets again ?
I'd rather you didn't waste time copypasting incorrect data.

Wolf Lords are not unique HQs. Wolf Guard are not unique units. Learn what unique means, beyond just a name change and a single different rule.

Space Wolves have 28 unique units. That's more than any other Space Marine variant, for sure, but it's not the 40+ you're making it out to be. Stop exaggerating, and maybe we'll get somewhere.
you keep simplifying the faction, ignoring units, unit interactions, and rules and woefully under representing the 40+ unique datasheets.
What about my proposal involved any ignoring units, rules interactions or under-representing?

Because, as far as I'm aware, they would function mechanically identically. So, please, show me what I missed.
I really dont understand.. I keep agreeing with you. your proposed solution is the best case scenario, what else do you want ?
I want you to stop exaggerating. There are not 40+ unique units. There are 28, which would take up 9 pages of the supplement, and can cover EXACTLY the same mechanical rules as the full codex.

again, I just think your proposed solution is way way way more confusing and complicated then simply printing a unique codex.
But in what way! How is it any more confusing than "well, even though 50% of this book is just the same stuff reprinted, IT'S TOTALLY UNIQUE!!"

I'm not saying SW aren't unique, for what it's worth. They *are* unique, which is why they're having a Supplement! You don't need to have a full bloody Codex to be unique or to have all the rules you need. Ultramarines play differently to Iron Hands. Raven Guard play differently to White Scars. As long as the supplement's written well, you have literally nothing to fear.

So, without knowing how it's going to be written, cool off with all the "the sky is falling" stuff, and look at what we KNOW.
I don't mind figuring out all the exceptions, changes and differences between the two books. but it will be weird when i have to explain to a new player that I am using a unit but half of that units abilities are in this other book and not in the first book but a few of the abilities are the same.
And other supplement players don't have that issue?

All supplement players have to deal with the "half of my rules are in here, and the other half in here" issue. Cry me a river.
Oh and it has these special rules that are different from the normal ones and btw this units data-sheet is in this other book... that is even more confusing then the way datasheets / strats / etc are in separate books now.
It really isn't. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

"oh ya, these are tac marines, but they only have these 2 abilties, they also have these 2 abiltities, and this extra keyword. and tey can take these different weapon options, it says right here in this other book. oh and this guy is a lieutenant he is in this unit, but he is called a wolf gaurd, and he is allowed to be in that unit because of these extra exceptions from this other book to. " lol you really think thats gonna be easy for everyone and their opponents XD .
Sorry, but I thought you just said that Grey Hunters were totally unique? So why did you compare them to Tacticals?

You don't think is is ALREADY an issue with people who might not understand the difference between Tactical Squads and Grey Hunters? There's literally no change here! Plus, if you read my proposal, you'd know that I wanted to keep Grey Hunters as a totally unique squad.

Again, all these elements of confusion? You'd have them with the real codex, because, surprise surprise, most people are just going to see the "totally unique Wolf Lord" and just be like "yup, that's a Captain, what's different about it? Oh, nothing, just the name? Cool, it's a captain then". If there is any genuine confusion, you can easily show them the page in the supplement that explains it. It's goddamn TRIVIAL.

so either we ll be having conversations like that,,,
Like that ones that already happen.
and i ll probably make a nice little binder where I will print my own datasheets so i dont have to try and explain all these exceptions that could have been avoided by just giving the faction their own codex XD.
OR, novel idea, you can just print out the one page that would explain all these extra rules, and have it on hand. You know, like every other supplement does.

What, do I need a whole new Codex just because Ultramarines get to shoot as if stationary in their Tactical Doctrine, and I'd need to write that on every datasheet? No, because it can be covered on one page!
Or SW get completely vanilla. Which is what I am worried will happen because, as nice as your proposal would be for keeping our uniqueness, I just feel like its too convoluted, even for GW.
There's literally nothing convoluted about it. Sure, GW might not do it, and I'll be disappointed if they don't pull of something like it, but let's not act like it's either my proposal or just plain vanilla.



 Lance845 wrote:
 Type40 wrote:
GW may be engaging in business practices that are literally illegal in some industries is just getting funny.


HAHAHAHA No. THIS statement is what is funny. Go ahead. Explain and justify how what GW is doing is illegal in ANY industry. I am going to love this.


you can do your own research. lol . if you cant figure that out. thats on you.. keep eating it with a smile lol.
No, you made the claim it was illegal. Where? Back it up.

Read the history of the Charadon Crusade: The Crusade of Fury was at an end.
Join the Crion Crusade: I think it's the combination of butt jokes, democratic necrons, explosions, and mind-fething that draws people to this Crusade like moths to a bug zapper - War Kitten
Rippy wrote:Never forgetti, template spaghetti.
DR:90S++G++MB+IPw40k07-D++A++/sWD366R++T(F)DM+ 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





 Lance845 wrote:
No no no. The burden of proof is not on me or anyone else. YOU made the assertion that what GW is doing is ACTUALLY illegal in some circles. YOU provide the evidence to support YOUR argument. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

This is some 14 yr old in a MSN chat room "I'm a college professor and I know...." bull gak.

I think your done buddy. Wrap it up.


lol you are actually funny.
you spend your time in this entire thread literally making things up and literally misrepresenting people and you call me out XD...

ok

You buy a circuit breaker for your home from your electricity company. Your electricity company gets newer nicer circuit breakers. They arnt any more safe, they are more efficient and pretty nice.. Your electricity company can not turn around and tell you they wont provide electricity to you unless you buy this new circuit breaker.

GW is trying to tell you they to rebuy what you already bought or they ll stop providing service to you... do you really not see how that is shady ?

As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought




Nottingham

Type40 wrote:
Deadnight wrote:
Thing is, and with respect, you're not losing anything. You're really really not.

again please read some of the other contexts in this thread and get an understanding of why there are concerns
Yes, *concerns*. But concerns aren't facts.
Pretty sure slayer and lance are two of the most frustratingly anti-gw posters here, and 'brand loyalty' isn't them, lol (I actually find it rather amusing being on the same side of an argument to them this time. But hey ho!) if anyone would actually take joy in pissing in the koolaid it's them.
that's really not how they are acting in this thread... I guess sometimes people change,,, considering they are arguing in favour of a slow forced invalidation of entire collections for profit ,,, seems like they are kinda for GW no lol
You seriously have no idea who Slayer is, do you?

Slayer is the least flexible person I can imagine on topics of being pro-GW. There is no way that they're suddenly all pro-GW now.

Perhaps you need a better sense of perspective, and that not all people who disagree with you are pro-GW.
There's no unique primaris sw units, yet but there don't need to be. Smudge has provided examples of how space wolves units could be represented, with keyword changes. It's been done before. Classic space wolves.
see my post about reducing the game to 10 main datasheets so no faction has any mechanical differences what so ever...
Except I can do it in 9 pages, and keep all mechanical differences the same.

You're acting like it's impossible to merge SW and keep them mechanically unique. Too bad. I just did.

Read the history of the Charadon Crusade: The Crusade of Fury was at an end.
Join the Crion Crusade: I think it's the combination of butt jokes, democratic necrons, explosions, and mind-fething that draws people to this Crusade like moths to a bug zapper - War Kitten
Rippy wrote:Never forgetti, template spaghetti.
DR:90S++G++MB+IPw40k07-D++A++/sWD366R++T(F)DM+ 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





When you said "In SW, currently, you take plasma cannon long fangs,,, not hellblasters...
In SW currently, if you like the fluff, you ll take bloodclaws not generic primaris assault.
In SW currently, if you like the fluff, you ll take grey hunters, not generic intercessors."

I've already quoted this back to you, you know.


You keep leaving out the context. You asked me how you can play them uniquely, and i responded with how someone could. again stop being disingenuous.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
How can copy and pasting EXACT DATASHEETS be incorrect. I am literally copy and pasting them directly off of wahkepedia lol ... its literally 56 uniqued datasheets... you cant get around that. its literally and factually what exists.

And on top of that,,, no mater which way you shake a stick at it, it rivals the CSM codex outside of primaris lol .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 22:28:27


As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought




Nottingham

 Type40 wrote:
You buy a circuit breaker for your home from your electricity company. Your electricity company gets newer nicer circuit breakers. They arnt any more safe, they are more efficient and pretty nice.. Your electricity company can not turn around and tell you they wont provide electricity to you unless you buy this new circuit breaker.

GW is trying to tell you they to rebuy what you already bought or they ll stop providing service to you... do you really not see how that is shady ?
You know you can use your models outside of GW games, right? Or, you can still play them in previous editions, right?
I think you're very much mistaken on what GW's "service" is. They don't play the game for you. You can play with your models without even needing GW's rules. They provide some you can choose to use, but you're not forced into using them.

Show me the LAW which says that GW need to support all models.

Read the history of the Charadon Crusade: The Crusade of Fury was at an end.
Join the Crion Crusade: I think it's the combination of butt jokes, democratic necrons, explosions, and mind-fething that draws people to this Crusade like moths to a bug zapper - War Kitten
Rippy wrote:Never forgetti, template spaghetti.
DR:90S++G++MB+IPw40k07-D++A++/sWD366R++T(F)DM+ 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






 Type40 wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
No no no. The burden of proof is not on me or anyone else. YOU made the assertion that what GW is doing is ACTUALLY illegal in some circles. YOU provide the evidence to support YOUR argument. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

This is some 14 yr old in a MSN chat room "I'm a college professor and I know...." bull gak.

I think your done buddy. Wrap it up.


lol you are actually funny.
you spend your time in this entire thread literally making things up and literally misrepresenting people and you call me out XD...

ok

You buy a circuit breaker for your home from your electricity company. Your electricity company gets newer nicer circuit breakers. They arnt any more safe, they are more efficient and pretty nice.. Your electricity company can not turn around and tell you they wont provide electricity to you unless you buy this new circuit breaker.

GW is trying to tell you they to rebuy what you already bought or they ll stop providing service to you... do you really not see how that is shady ?


Except that is not what is happening. You are not paying GW monthly for your usage of 40k. You paid them once for a static product. Then you paid them once for the books to play a given edition with your static product. If GW decides to make a new static product and you don't like it they are not taking your old one away or making it unusable. You STILL own 8th and your codex and your models. Keep playing.

Try again.

You said you started playing in 5th? I'm not buying it. There is no way you have ever paid an electric bill.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 22:31:40



These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought




Nottingham

 Type40 wrote:
When you said "In SW, currently, you take plasma cannon long fangs,,, not hellblasters...
In SW currently, if you like the fluff, you ll take bloodclaws not generic primaris assault.
In SW currently, if you like the fluff, you ll take grey hunters, not generic intercessors."

I've already quoted this back to you, you know.


You keep leaving out the context. You asked me how you can play them uniquely, and i responded with how someone could. again stop being disingenuous.
There was no other context. You said what you said. Either stand by it, and expect me to call you out for gatekeeping, or amend your statement.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
How can copy and pasting EXACT DATASHEETS be incorrect. I am literally copy and pasting them directly off of wahkepedia lol ... its literally 56 uniqued datasheets... you cant get around that. its literally and factually what exists.
Yeah - so you're literally skipping over that most of those datasheets are literally just name swaps.

Do some ACTUAL research instead of just blindly copypasting.

A name swap isn't a unique datasheet, any more so than me suddenly changing all my datasheets to start with a silent Q, so now they're all TOTALLY UNIQUE GUYS!!!

28 unique datasheets. I've explained what they are.

And on top of that,,, no mater which way you shake a stick at it, it rivals the CSM codex outside of primaris lol .
"See, it's totally unique when I remove almost a third of it's units!!"

Read the history of the Charadon Crusade: The Crusade of Fury was at an end.
Join the Crion Crusade: I think it's the combination of butt jokes, democratic necrons, explosions, and mind-fething that draws people to this Crusade like moths to a bug zapper - War Kitten
Rippy wrote:Never forgetti, template spaghetti.
DR:90S++G++MB+IPw40k07-D++A++/sWD366R++T(F)DM+ 
   
Made in se
Doc Brown





You seriously have no idea who Slayer is, do you?

Slayer is the least flexible person I can imagine on topics of being pro-GW. There is no way that they're suddenly all pro-GW now.

Perhaps you need a better sense of perspective, and that not all people who disagree with you are pro-GW.


I seriously dont know who he is. I only get an idea of who he is from this thread. and in this thread he is sitting there telling me to shut up and eat my primaris pie .
Maybe the fact that I don't know him is why it seems like he is pro-GW when I am trying to call out GW for doing shady things that will force me to re-buy the same stuff I have already bought of them but slightly bigger XD...

I am sure slayer normally super anti-GW.... but not today friends.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Spoiler:
 Lance845 wrote:
 Type40 wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
No no no. The burden of proof is not on me or anyone else. YOU made the assertion that what GW is doing is ACTUALLY illegal in some circles. YOU provide the evidence to support YOUR argument. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

This is some 14 yr old in a MSN chat room "I'm a college professor and I know...." bull gak.

I think your done buddy. Wrap it up.


lol you are actually funny.
you spend your time in this entire thread literally making things up and literally misrepresenting people and you call me out XD...

ok

You buy a circuit breaker for your home from your electricity company. Your electricity company gets newer nicer circuit breakers. They arnt any more safe, they are more efficient and pretty nice.. Your electricity company can not turn around and tell you they wont provide electricity to you unless you buy this new circuit breaker.

GW is trying to tell you they to rebuy what you already bought or they ll stop providing service to you... do you really not see how that is shady ?


Except that is not what is happening. You are not paying GW monthly for your usage of 40k. You paid them once for a static product. Then you paid them once for the books to play a given edition with your static product. If GW decides to make a new static product and you don't like it they are not taking your old one away or making it unusable. You STILL own 8th and your codex and your models. Keep playing.

Try again.

You said you started playing in 5th? I'm not buying it. There is no way you have ever paid an electric bill.


If you actually think thats how GWs buisness model works,,, you clearly no nothing about this game or company. I started palying early 4th... learn to read the previous posts... seriously thats really messing you up in all of this.
And my absurd example was to demonstrate how ridiculous it is what GW is doing,,, wow... you guys are really off...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 22:35:08


As an aside, as "infinite" rolls is actually impossible even if the FAQ "allows" it, then it will always be a non-zero chance to pass them all. Eventually the two players will die. If they pass the game on to their decendents, they too will eventually die. And, at the end of it all, the universe will experience heat death and it, too, will die. In the instance of "infinite" hits, we're talking more of functional infinity, rather than literal.


RAW you can't pass the game onto descendants, permissive ruleset. Unless we get an FAQ from GW.

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






 Type40 wrote:
You seriously have no idea who Slayer is, do you?

Slayer is the least flexible person I can imagine on topics of being pro-GW. There is no way that they're suddenly all pro-GW now.

Perhaps you need a better sense of perspective, and that not all people who disagree with you are pro-GW.


I seriously dont know who he is. I only get an idea of who he is from this thread. and in this thread he is sitting there telling me to shut up and eat my primaris pie .
Maybe the fact that I don't know him is why it seems like he is pro-GW when I am trying to call out GW for doing shady things that will force me to re-buy the same stuff I have already bought of them but slightly bigger XD...

I am sure slayer normally super anti-GW.... but not today friends.


Being anti your incoherent and wrong comments is not the same as being pro GW. The 2 things are mutually exclusive. I can hate GW and the things you are saying equally. GW deserves a ton of flak for a ton of their dumb bs and bad products. And at the same time YOU deserve a ton a flak for YOUR dumb bs and this thread in general.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Type40 wrote:

If you actually think thats how GWs buisness model works,,, you clearly no nothing about this game or company. I started palying early 4th... learn to read the previous posts... seriously thats really messing you up in all of this.
And my absurd example was to demonstrate how ridiculous it is what GW is doing,,, wow... you guys are really off...


I think thats how actual reality works. You have a game and the pieces to play it. You can play it. GW can't stop you.

I don't want an absurd example. I want a literal example. You said "literally illegal". Prove it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/07/28 22:39:04



These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: