Switch Theme:

How do you feel about ALL Marines getting bumped to 2 wounds base?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Poll
How do you feel about the change?
Ecstatic!
I like it.
Undecided/ Waiting for Gameplay or Codexes.
Don't like it.
Hate the idea.

View results
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Willing Inquisitorial Excruciator





Philadelphia

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Cruentus wrote:
My predictions:

1) I'm going to assume that Primaris get an additional would, taking them to 3, thereby making them still superior to the old marines

They're not.


Bzzt. Wrong.

From the GW preview today, re: their new SM Codex:

"Heavy Intercessors! And they’re called that for a reason – like their Captain, these bad-boys aren’t just heavily armed, they’re heavily armoured too, thanks to their Gravis armour. A Toughness 5 Troops unit with 3 Wounds apiece, anyone?"

And so it begins...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 15:59:46


Legio Suturvora 2000 points (painted)
30k Word Bearers 2000 points (in progress)
Daemonhunters 1000 points (painted)
Flesh Tearers 2000+ points (painted) - Balt GT '02 52nd; Balt GT '05 16th
Kabal of the Tortured Soul 2000+ points (painted) - Balt GT '08 85th; Mechanicon '09 12th
Greenwing 1000 points (painted) - Adepticon Team Tourny 2013

"There is rational thought here. It's just swimming through a sea of stupid and is often concealed from view by the waves of irrational conclusions." - Railguns 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Cruentus wrote:
Bzzt. Wrong.
It's not wrong. Primaris Marines have 2 wounds like First Born Marines.

Gravis armour gives you +1W, hence why Heavy Intercessors have 3 wounds.

   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 Cruentus wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Cruentus wrote:
My predictions:

1) I'm going to assume that Primaris get an additional would, taking them to 3, thereby making them still superior to the old marines

They're not.


Bzzt. Wrong.

From the GW preview today, re: their new SM Codex:

"Heavy Intercessors! And they’re called that for a reason – like their Captain, these bad-boys aren’t just heavily armed, they’re heavily armoured too, thanks to their Gravis armour. A Toughness 5 Troops unit with 3 Wounds apiece, anyone?"

And so it begins...


Huh, it's fun to see an example of someone moving the goalpost closer to themselves rather than the more traditional further away from their opponent.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Cruentus wrote:
Bzzt. Wrong.
It's not wrong. Primaris Marines have 2 wounds like First Born Marines.

Gravis armour gives you +1W, hence why Heavy Intercessors have 3 wounds.


and toughness five. And in the next codex release they'll have invul saves and BS 2 plus on the next primaris super mega ultra intercessors.

   
Made in us
Gore-Soaked Lunatic Witchhunter







stratigo wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Cruentus wrote:
Bzzt. Wrong.
It's not wrong. Primaris Marines have 2 wounds like First Born Marines.

Gravis armour gives you +1W, hence why Heavy Intercessors have 3 wounds.


and toughness five. And in the next codex release they'll have invul saves and BS 2 plus on the next primaris super mega ultra intercessors.



Bladeguard Aggressors. Storm shields, master-crafted thunderhammers, 4W, WS2+...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 20:18:58


Balanced Game: Noun. A game in which all options and choices are worth using. 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




I like how movie marines are now every marine all the time.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 AnomanderRake wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Cruentus wrote:
Bzzt. Wrong.
It's not wrong. Primaris Marines have 2 wounds like First Born Marines.

Gravis armour gives you +1W, hence why Heavy Intercessors have 3 wounds.


and toughness five. And in the next codex release they'll have invul saves and BS 2 plus on the next primaris super mega ultra intercessors.



Bladeguard Aggressors. Storm shields, master-crafted thunderhammers, 4W, WS2+...


And half the price of a custodes guardian
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Facepalm @ Heavy Intercessors.

FFS

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Insectum7 wrote:
Facepalm @ Heavy Intercessors.

FFS


What did you think when all firstborn get a wound that primaris uniqueness of 2 w core Units would not be carried over / maintained by gw?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:06:34


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gb
Norn Queen






"You know how Primaris are vulnerable to Plasmaguns? Let's make them not. Also give them the ability to take three variations of the Heavy Bolter for no reason."

Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 9th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 BaconCatBug wrote:
"You know how Primaris are vulnerable to Plasmaguns? Let's make them not. Also give them the ability to take three variations of the Heavy Bolter for no reason."

I Like the assault one, because why the feth not use a assault 3 s5 gun...

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Not Online!!! wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Facepalm @ Heavy Intercessors.

FFS

What did you think when all firstborn get a wound that primaris uniqueness of 2 w core Units would not be carried over / maintained by gw?

I was not expecting a Troops unit.

Tyranid Warriors better get like 5 wounds a pop, but looking at the Immortals still on 1W I'm not holding my breath.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Insectum7 wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Facepalm @ Heavy Intercessors.

FFS

What did you think when all firstborn get a wound that primaris uniqueness of 2 w core Units would not be carried over / maintained by gw?

I was not expecting a Troops unit.

Tyranid Warriors better get like 5 wounds a pop, but looking at the Immortals still on 1W I'm not holding my breath.


Well the unique thing primaris had over normal marines was 2 w, when first Born then get an additional w they'd not be really unique anymore, so gw has anyways gotten it's share from primaris infantry that existed and decided to throw These heavies out.
Which are incidentially the meanest anti Elite infantry in the game and come at 3w a Pop.
I mean i had an inkling but it still is kinda a shock to See These in that state.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:46:22


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Not Online!!! wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Facepalm @ Heavy Intercessors.

FFS

What did you think when all firstborn get a wound that primaris uniqueness of 2 w core Units would not be carried over / maintained by gw?

I was not expecting a Troops unit.

Tyranid Warriors better get like 5 wounds a pop, but looking at the Immortals still on 1W I'm not holding my breath.


Well the unique thing primaris had over normal marines was 2 w, when first Born then get an additional w they'd not be really unique anymore, so gw has anyways gotten it's share from primaris infantry that existed and decided to throw These heavies out.
Which are incidentially the meanest anti Elite infantry in the game and come at 3w a Pop.
I mean i had an inkling nur it still is kinda a shock to See These in that state.
I was really expecting a normalization of the Marine statline, with minor differences between the Primaris and True. Silly me!

Necron Immortal at 1W, new SM troop at 3. Sure. . . fine. . . whatever. . .


And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





I also Find it funny that the high w tyranid warriors troop, something really unique to them, now get's handed out in a better Form aswell.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Btw, how many Bolt weapons are we going to have in this new codex now? Have we hit 30 yet?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Not Online!!! wrote:
I also Find it funny that the high w tyranid warriors troop, something really unique to them, now get's handed out in a better Form aswell.
It's infuriating. I await the Tyranid book to see how that plays out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:36:27


And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Argive wrote:



In other words: "ohh just use that new improved weapon SM get to kill those new improved SM units"

"But I don't have any Spa..."

"STFU NPC!! your opinion is infuriating. Just get on with it"




I think this Post became a prophecy.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Btw, how many Bolt weapons are we going to have in this new codex now? Have we hit 30 yet?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Not Online!!! wrote:
I also Find it funny that the high w tyranid warriors troop, something really unique to them, now get's handed out in a better Form aswell.
It's infuriating. I await the Tyranid book to see how that plays out.



Well intercissors have rifle and auto.
Then we have normal bolters storm bolters and heavy bolters.
Hurricanes.
Bolt sniperrifles.
Erm Bolt Desert eagels , Bolt carabines.
Special Bolt carabines for that mine layer hq that is also an infiltrator.

And then the 5 from the heavy intercissors.
Boltpistol aswell , Master crafted Versions so 18 IF i counted correctly excluding twinnvariants.at the very least....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:45:29


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gr
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





 Insectum7 wrote:
Btw, how many Bolt weapons are we going to have in this new codex now? Have we hit 30 yet?



Even GWs gets confused by the bolt weapon (or should that be bloat weapon, huehuehue) range:

Spoiler:


In the options there is a "Heavy Auto Bolt Rifle", but in the profiles there isn't.

   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Esmer wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Btw, how many Bolt weapons are we going to have in this new codex now? Have we hit 30 yet?



Even GWs gets confused by the bolt weapon (or should that be bloat weapon, huehuehue) range:

Spoiler:


In the options there is a "Heavy Auto Bolt Rifle", but in the profiles there isn't.



Quality gw ruleswriting 18 seperate Profiles for Bolt weapons but not one Editor to bloody Check their gak.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in es
Crushing Clawed Fiend





Marines are slowly becoming a joke army, I feel like GW is pushing the limits of their customers.

- They are stealing the playstyle of other armies.
- They are no longer a "newbie" faction.
- Their fluff is laughable.

And that's my opinion, but the models that are not infantry... are just awful, that new buggy or the landspeeder look like a cruel prank.

I'm not a Marine player, but wow it feels bad for me... Marines were the hope of the humanity, really hard to create because the technology was really ancient, with weapons really hard to build... they were really cool, even for a Xenos player. Now, again, they are a cash grab joke.



 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Going through my codex I counted 27, not including the Combi-weapons with boltguns in them. So the additional 5 from Heavy Intercessors puts me at 32 Bolt weapons.

That count does not include "named" bolt weapons such as the Gauntlets of Ultramar, Quietus, etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:49:14


And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Can we just appreciate the Name of this weapon?

Heavy intercessors heavy Auto Bolt rifle.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:53:05


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






 Esmer wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
Btw, how many Bolt weapons are we going to have in this new codex now? Have we hit 30 yet?



Even GWs gets confused by the bolt weapon (or should that be bloat weapon, huehuehue) range:

Spoiler:


In the options there is a "Heavy Auto Bolt Rifle", but in the profiles there isn't.

Good spot, good spot. Make it 33.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Insectum7 wrote:
Going through my codex I counted 27, not including the Combi-weapons with boltguns in them. So the additional 5 from Heavy Intercessors puts me at 32 Bolt weapons.

That count does not include "named" bolt weapons such as the Gauntlets of Ultramar, Quietus, etc.

He that were the ones i knew Off ... I am no loyalists....
It's also funny that one Profile is allready missing in the datasheet .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 21:51:41


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






I just want to post this again for comparison. The weapon list from the 4th ed. SM codex:

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gr
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





Not Online!!! wrote:
Can we just appreciate the Name of this weapon?

Heavy intercessors heavy Auto Bolt rifle.


By the time you've finished saying it it has already emptied its magazine.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Esmer wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
Can we just appreciate the Name of this weapon?

Heavy intercessors heavy Auto Bolt rifle.


By the time you've finished saying it it has already emptied its magazine.

Doubtfully because it's Profile doesn't even exist because gw couldn't be arsed to have 1 (one) bloody Editor proofreading ...

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in gr
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





Looking at the profile again, what I think is the issue here is that they put "heavy auto bolt rilfe" instead of "Hellstorm bolt rifle" and "heavy stalker bolt rifle" instead of "executor bolt rilfe" in the wargear options text.

Basically there are two different names for the light anti-elite option and the light anti-horde option.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Don't matter, shoddy hackjob is shoddy hackjob, but it's a small Indi dev so we Cut them some slack...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/12 22:07:42


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Now that I think about it... I'm pretty OK with 2W marines instead of T5 3W marines as troops. With S5 AP-1 rapid fire guns. Lol.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: