Switch Theme:

Sisters of Battle Titan  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






Greetings, I recently decided to build a Sisters of Battle titan.
However, before I start, I want finalize some element of the design.

First of all, size what class of titan should this be? I was thinking warlord, not too small, not to big.
If I can get this figured out I can start on the frame.

Second of all weapons and weapons placement.

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Ancient Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought




Do Sisters really 'do' titans? It'd be really cool to see, but I'm not so sure...
I'd probably go with Reaver size. It's a little bit more manageable than the Warlord, but still bigger than a Warhound.

As for weapons and thematic stuff... It should look like a giant walking church. Currently, the most powerful legit GW tank for the Sisters is literally a church organ that fires missiles... Something like that, but scaled up to the actual church. I'm not sure how you would model it...
Point is, it should be as much a symbol as it is a fighter.
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1140003&prodId=prod1160114a

A giant version of this or say a walking church would do.

go big or go home.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 Death Punk wrote:

First of all, size what class of titan should this be? I was thinking warlord, not too small, not to big.
If I can get this figured out I can start on the frame.

Second of all weapons and weapons placement.


Warlord...not too small, not too big I think you have the wrong Titan.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






I was thinking more humanoid in overall form.

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

If your wanting a smaller Titan than you should think of the dreamforge leviathans. The mortis will be out soonish, Marc is waiting on a physical copy from china, but they have prototypes produced. I have two of the crusaders, and they are a little short for warhounds, but not much, and a $100.00 each they're not too bad.


It's th big mother on he right with a forgeworld dreadnought on the base between the legs. Comes with a sword arm and Gatling cannon, I got it through the kickstarter and go the second Gatling free . The mortis has less armor and a scythe arm and powerfist for weapons an he head is a skull. I think they would fit the theme of sob decently, just be an attached noble house to their covenant.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






Ottawa, ON

How about whatever's in the background here?


Ask yourself: have you rated a gallery image today? 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






maybe,
that does look pretty cool Mr. Nobody.

Kind of like a more bulky humanoid titan, kind of simaler to the eldar titans but not too much

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Ancient Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought




That's a Warlord Titan. You can tell on account of 2 arm guns and 2 shoulder guns. While height changes and is often hard to tell due to perspective, (In some pictures a Trygon looks as big as an Imperator in others,) a Reaver always has one carapace weapon, Warlord has 2, and Imperator has 6.
   
Made in gb
Speed Drybrushing





The eye of terror

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one, want to get a titan going of my own soon so any inspiration is a big plus! Never seen a sisters themed titan before either so should be interesting.


- In progress 
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept






I love the idea of building Titans for races that don't officially have one, it means you more or less have free rain on the concept, I've already built myself a Tau titan, and in the near future plan on doing one for the Dark elder.

My advice would be to just start building as soon as you have a basic idea of what you want, as designs nearly always change once you've started construction. Plus, you've probably already done this but I like to study the subject army's background in great detail, this defiantly helps shape the final overall concept.

Anyway, I wish you luck with it and look forward to seeing and following your progress.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/05/10 10:05:03


 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






 hk1x1 wrote:
I love the idea of building Titans for races that don't officially have one, it means you more or less have free rain on the concept, I've already built myself a Tau titan, and in the near future plan on doing one for the Dark elder.

My advice would be to just start building as soon as you have a basic idea of what you want, as designs nearly always change once you've started construction. Plus, you've probably already done this but I like to study the subject army's background in great detail, this defiantly helps shape the final overall concept.

Anyway, I wish you luck with it and look forward to seeing and following your progress


Thanks I agree,

I have decided on warlord size and was thinking maybe do chest guns instead of shoulder guns, what known titan guns rotate?

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in gb
Dipping With Wood Stain





York, UK

This page has a list of weapons used by titans.

Also the old Epic-scale Imperator Titans were basically giant cathedrals on legs, which would suit a sisters aesthetic nicely IMO. You could just scale them down a bit to Warlord size if that's what you're after.


"Do you think it is an easy task to inflate a dog?" - Cervantes

"Do you have a map of the cat?" - Richard Feynman

How to paint Skeletons the way I do if that's something you'd fancy trying. 
   
Made in us
Bounding Ultramarine Assault Trooper





minnesota, usa

 Death Punk wrote:
Greetings, I recently decided to build a Sisters of Battle titan.


Nope.avi

Adeptus sorrites does not have titans. Those are built, operated, and maintained exclusively by and for the adeptus mechanicus. Even the inquisition does not get titans, the mechanicus maintains absolutely exclusive control of them.

MY ARMOR IS CONTEMPT
MY SHIELD IS DISGUST
MY SWORD IS HATRED
IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME
LET NONE SURVIVE

4000pts
My Warlord Class Titan
My Stompa 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






Oh come off it, that doesn't mean the mechanicus can't build operate and maintain a titan for the sisters

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Raging Ravener





Richmond, VA

 bibblles wrote:
 Death Punk wrote:
Greetings, I recently decided to build a Sisters of Battle titan.


Nope.avi

Adeptus sorrites does not have titans. Those are built, operated, and maintained exclusively by and for the adeptus mechanicus. Even the inquisition does not get titans, the mechanicus maintains absolutely exclusive control of them.


I ran into this discussion recently with a friend of mine wanting a more army specific titan for a chapter with no populated homeworld that could sustain its own titans. I gave him the idea that any larger body of the adeptus has within it assigned techpriests who work within those organizations after their assignment training on mars* ( i think, cant remeber exactly) either way these people are ridiculously brilliant people with a singleminded craft for mechanization against the emperors enemys. Theres no reason a techpriest with some help from his parent organization could not get a traitor titan up and running again following its capture/ re-capture (fluff often mentions the fall/destruction and recapture of vehicles ranging from Rhinos to Titans all the way to Ordinatus)

If you like the Eldar stylings make yourself a titan based on their body heavily modified with Imperium technology and covered in farseer heads on poles

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/05/12 15:19:43


6000 - Emperors Scepters
8000 - Splinter fleet arzak
9500 - 2nd Company Classic
5000 points UAD/N.Munda 7th/8th/9th
Inquisitorial Deatchments, Arbites/Beret Troopers: 1K
Craftworld Altansar: 3k  
   
Made in gb
Ambitious Marauder






I'm pretty sure the mechanicum can give space marine chapters a titan as a present. So why not sob.

Schools league regional finals 2013 : 1st place 40k

 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






Thanks

Now what known titan guns rotate?

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






Ottawa, ON

 Death Punk wrote:
 hk1x1 wrote:
I love the idea of building Titans for races that don't officially have one, it means you more or less have free rain on the concept, I've already built myself a Tau titan, and in the near future plan on doing one for the Dark elder.

My advice would be to just start building as soon as you have a basic idea of what you want, as designs nearly always change once you've started construction. Plus, you've probably already done this but I like to study the subject army's background in great detail, this defiantly helps shape the final overall concept.

Anyway, I wish you luck with it and look forward to seeing and following your progress


Thanks I agree,

I have decided on warlord size and was thinking maybe do chest guns instead of shoulder guns, what known titan guns rotate?


Chest guns. Sisters of Battle. Two giant "missiles" maybe?

Ask yourself: have you rated a gallery image today? 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






Hmm, maybe

Anyways had some time to draw up some plans and measurements so I built the PVC frame for it.
[Thumb - DSC05247.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC05246.JPG]


With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






It will be in a "taking off" position

Kind of like this
[Thumb - Revpulse.jpg]


With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in jp
Fixture of Dakka





Japan

 Death Punk wrote:
Thanks

Now what known titan guns rotate?


You mean like this?

Vulcan Mega Bolter

Squidbot;
"That sound? That's the sound of me drinking all my paint and stabbing myself in the eyes with my brushes. "
My Doombringer Space Marine Army
Hello Kitty Space Marines project
Buddhist Space marine Project
Other Projects
Imageshack deleted all my Images Thank you! 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






Exactly what I was looking for, for the weapons on the chest of my titan

With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Bounding Ultramarine Assault Trooper





minnesota, usa

 Death Punk wrote:
Oh come off it, that doesn't mean the mechanicus can't build operate and maintain a titan for the sisters


You're interested in building a warlord titan yes? The construction of a warlord titan takes hundreds of years and can consume the resources of an entire world in the process. It is then assigned to a titan legion based on the forge world it was constructed on. They are among the most holy and revered things in all of imperial space and actually fall under the jurisdiction of the Cult Mechanicum, not the high lords of terra and the Imperium at large.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/05/13 04:20:21


MY ARMOR IS CONTEMPT
MY SHIELD IS DISGUST
MY SWORD IS HATRED
IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME
LET NONE SURVIVE

4000pts
My Warlord Class Titan
My Stompa 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut






Brisbane/Australia

Pfft. Put any decorations styling on it that pleases you. Make up a cool, 1 page fluff story to appease the Gaming Nazis out there. I have a mate with 3 Space wolf Titans, of each class. I think they look stupid, and Spacewolves blow Chunx. But these are YOUR Toys - so do what you like That being said - your Titan will not stand the way it is now. Trust me on this. Look up my Titan Builds, and you will see what I mean - S.O.B Titan? I would like to see that - best of luck!!!

"Dakkanaut" not "Dakkaite"
Only with Minatures, does size matter...
"Only the living collect a pension"Johannes VII
"If the ork codex and 5th were developed near the same time, any possible nerf will be pre-planned."-malfred
"I'd do it but the GW Website makes my eyes hurt. "Gwar
"That would be page 7 and a half. You find it by turning your rulebook on its side and slamming your head against it..." insaniak
MeanGreenStompa - The only chatbot I ever tried talking to insisted I take a stress pill and kept referring to me as Dave, despite my protestations.
insaniak "So, by 'serious question' you actually meant something entirely different? "
Frazzled[Mod] On Rule #1- No it literally means: be polite. If we wanted less work there would be no OT section.
Chowderhead - God no. If I said Pirates Honor, I would have had to kill him whether he won or lost. 
   
Made in jp
Fixture of Dakka





Japan

 bibblles wrote:
 Death Punk wrote:
Oh come off it, that doesn't mean the mechanicus can't build operate and maintain a titan for the sisters


You're interested in building a warlord titan yes? The construction of a warlord titan takes hundreds of years and can consume the resources of an entire world in the process. It is then assigned to a titan legion based on the forge world it was constructed on. They are among the most holy and revered things in all of imperial space and actually fall under the jurisdiction of the Cult Mechanicum, not the high lords of terra and the Imperium at large.


Kind off a Purist aren't ya? Let's have that the next planet near to the SOB homeworld is a mechanicus forge world that presented the SOB Titan variant to aid the SOB as thanks for their valiant sacrifice in defending the holy STC machine from the forces of chaos!


Squidbot;
"That sound? That's the sound of me drinking all my paint and stabbing myself in the eyes with my brushes. "
My Doombringer Space Marine Army
Hello Kitty Space Marines project
Buddhist Space marine Project
Other Projects
Imageshack deleted all my Images Thank you! 
   
Made in se
Pulsating Possessed Space Marine of Slaanesh






Nevermind the fluff OCDers. It's your army, and your hobby.

If I was to make a Sisters titan I would make it more "Eldary", meaning more slender than other Imperial titans. Kind of like what the Sisters armour is to the regular Space Marine one.

Edit: Just don't give it tits

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/05/13 08:46:04



 Gentleman_Jellyfish wrote:
Cue all the people saying "This is the last straw! Now I'm only going to buy a little bit every now and then!"
 
   
Made in se
Dakka Veteran





Sweden

Cool project! I love when people do these big and crazy kinds of projects ! I see no reason to make it more slender (or feminine) though, but probably more gothic and church-like. But hey, never the less consider me a subscriber!

Always outnumbered, never outgunned. 
   
Made in us
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries






Okay I have been working on the outer shell some, but mostly I have been focusing on getting the chest guns done, and Im halfway there, keep in mind these do spin and will light up.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Had to straighten up the torso a bit to account for the added weight aswell
[Thumb - DSC05250.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC05251.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC05253.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC05255.JPG]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/05/27 01:39:35


With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man!  
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




San Diego, CA

Rotary boob cannons, eh?

Well,as long as it's done tastefully!

Incidentally, making it an oversized Knight would be a simple way to skirt around the Adeptus Mechanicus question, though I see from the pics that it's waaaaay beyond that point now.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/05/27 01:58:09


Bernard, float over here so I can punch you. 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: