Switch Theme:

Inqu][sitor  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

So it begins - Welcome to the dark worlds of Inqu][sitor...








WIP Inquisitor - as yet un-named, possibly Ordo Hereticus - comments?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/12/12 19:17:57


   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User





Looks great!

What parts did you use?

Remember Brimstone - Legends live forever !

Bolters don't lie http://boltersdontlie.blogspot.de/ 
   
Made in dk
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





WestCoast

I love seeing people's inquisitor projects. So much character!

Looks like an old wulfrik the wanderer body, with a WolfGuard head, some chaos bits, and a BA hand melta?

The 104th Vostroyan Mechanized
Rawson's Reboot

Viktor von Domm: nope... can´t do that for the sake of all lving creatures that dwell on earth....
dsteingass: That's like saying "I forgot to tell you who your real father is"
nerdfest09: Rawson speaks the truth! 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

tryanotherone wrote:Looks great!

What parts did you use?


Rawson wrote:I love seeing people's inquisitor projects. So much character!

Looks like an old wulfrik the wanderer body, with a WolfGuard head, some chaos bits, and a BA hand melta?


tryanotherone, Rawson - Thanks!

To answer both of you: It's the old metal Khorne Lord body, a Wolf Guard head with the hair filed off, Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard hand-melta turned into an inferno pistol, Chaos Knight's shoulder pads, a Terminator tilt-plate on the back, Chaos Marauder Horsemen axe head and the forearms and axe haft are all that remains of an old metal Chaos Chosen.

Still to do: file the rest of the Khorne symbols off, add a cable from the backpack to the pistol, and something for the chest plate.

Thanks for looking!

   
Made in fi
Giggling Nurgling





Finland

 Rawson wrote:
I love seeing people's inquisitor projects. So much character!


Second that!

This mini makes me want to rethink my grey knights army Looking forward to an update. Is this only a one off mini or are you planning to make more?
   
Made in gb
Massive Knarloc Rider





Exeter

He doesn't look very Ordo Hereticus to me; a guy in heavy plate armour weilding an axe in my eyes would be in the business of decapitating Daemons.

That aside, he's a fantastic miniature! I really love what people are doing with that Lord body; it works so well. On top of that, I'm astounded you has the stones to convert a metal miniature; especially to the degree you have. It's a real pain sanding all that metal off, but my has it paid off!

Looking forward to see more!

Check out my (new) blog at https://neonrust.home.blog
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Great start! I am not totally sold on the shoulder guards, but lets see where detail takes us



“Of the fabulous hydra it is said, cut off one head and two will grow in its place”

- antique proverb

LEGION of PLASTIC blog 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

ghosty wrote:He doesn't look very Ordo Hereticus to me; a guy in heavy plate armour weilding an axe in my eyes would be in the business of decapitating Daemons.

That aside, he's a fantastic miniature! I really love what people are doing with that Lord body; it works so well. On top of that, I'm astounded you has the stones to convert a metal miniature; especially to the degree you have. It's a real pain sanding all that metal off, but my has it paid off!

Looking forward to see more!


ghosty - Thanks!
- In regards to converting metal minis, a local gaming store near where I lived (past tense) had a bit of a clear out sale when Finecast was introduced, so I snapped up a few of them on the *cough* cheaper side
- Ordo Malleus is a possibility - I'm open to suggestions for either Hereticus or Malleus - I have another project in the pipe in regards to the Ordo Xenos... which leads me to:

supertzar wrote:
 Rawson wrote:
I love seeing people's inquisitor projects. So much character!


Second that!

This mini makes me want to rethink my grey knights army Looking forward to an update. Is this only a one off mini or are you planning to make more?

supertzar - Thanks!
- I am currently planning at least two members of this Inquisitor's retinue, and another Inquisitor from the Ordo Xenos... and some true-scale Deathwatch... and some heretics and daemons and xenos for them all to play against...
Ok, so it's a mad plan, but it's mine!


migsula wrote:Great start! I am not totally sold on the shoulder guards, but lets see where detail takes us

migsula - Thanks!
- Shoulder guards could possibly be exaggerated by the un-flattering camera angle, which also make him look a little wide too ... they are kinda big tho... mmm...
- When I get back home (I'm in Washington all this week) I will put a brass etch eagle on the torso (a suggestion from PDH at Ammobunker) and take some pics from a more horizontal angle to reduce the slight parallax error making him look tubby.

Thanks again to all for looking and critiquing - it's gratifying when people start to take an interest in your projects!


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/06/12 01:33:53


   
Made in gb
Massive Knarloc Rider





Exeter

Very excited to see updates! You have a real knack for conversion, and you take on board ideas, which is always nice to see!

Check out my (new) blog at https://neonrust.home.blog
 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

 ghosty wrote:
Very excited to see updates! You have a real knack for conversion, and you take on board ideas, which is always nice to see!

ghosty -Thanks - and so here's an update...

Rough rebuild of the chest strap (from original model) added some pouches, strap still needs some detailing - what's the verdict?




   
Made in gb
Massive Knarloc Rider





Exeter

Well it certainly breaks up the otherwise flat area of chest, which is good to see! Alternatives to the strap could include some kind of giant 'I' symbol on his chest; it really comes down to whether or not you want him being subtle or ostentatious. If he's trying to blend in with society, I'd keep the inquisitorial symbols to a minimum, and instead focus on making him look shady; a hood, whilst cliche, goes a long way to this effect. If you want him, and his stature and build would certainly go some way towards this, to be a giant symbol of the Imperiums might, maybe Inquisitor him up slightly? On his heavy gauntlets, he could have the ][ symbol?

The only other piece of advice I have for you is wires! And purity seals!

Check out my (new) blog at https://neonrust.home.blog
 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

 ghosty wrote:
Well it certainly breaks up the otherwise flat area of chest, which is good to see! Alternatives to the strap could include some kind of giant 'I' symbol on his chest; it really comes down to whether or not you want him being subtle or ostentatious. If he's trying to blend in with society, I'd keep the inquisitorial symbols to a minimum, and instead focus on making him look shady; a hood, whilst cliche, goes a long way to this effect. If you want him, and his stature and build would certainly go some way towards this, to be a giant symbol of the Imperiums might, maybe Inquisitor him up slightly? On his heavy gauntlets, he could have the ][ symbol?

The only other piece of advice I have for you is wires! And purity seals!


ghosty - Thanks for the suggestions.
- I've been looking at the Eisenhorn Omnibus cover art - I'm going to insert a brass peice under the chest strap similar to that art work - pics tonight
- Wires for the inferno pistol definitely
- Purity seals... mmm... (dives for bitz box)
- On the ][ symbols, the one on his waist is so big, anything else I tried on the chest just seemed OOT
- The first head I tried on this guy was a hooded head from the DA, the one with the lower face only showing - it looks great, but I also like this guy's older look - I think he's leaning toward a Commodus Voke type character, old and wise and still out there kicking butt...

   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

Added a purity seal to one shoulder pad to add some asymmetrically...
Added a small ringlet to the haft of the axe...
Added a cable to the inferno pistol...


That's it, I think he's done - ready for paint!

   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

WIP - Kroot Mercenary:

Would a Puritan Ordo Malleus Inquisitor employ a xenos?

And - weapon up, taking a shot?


Or - weapon down:


Going to add hatchet somewhere, possibly on the back-strap or the right hip (opposite the knife) ... or a holstered pistol maybe?





   
Made in gb
Massive Knarloc Rider





Exeter

Ah Kroot, one of my favorite GW kits. Something bout the miniatures makes me very happy on a base level. They must be one of GWs strongest concepts for me, I feel.

Anyway, onto your miniature! I'm not sure a Puritan would, as a puritan ideology is very much 'purge the filth' kinda stance. they're very fire and brimstone, and I would imagine xenos would be high on their list on preferred things to burn. Obviously, the more radical the Witch Hunter becomes, the more open he is to new concepts; I assume this is why Jokaero (space Orangutans!) can turn up in forces of Grey Knights. I digress, anyway, I can imagine a Witch Hunter who's not so much of a hot headed fanatic would surely find a use for a Kroot whose expertise would help track down rogue psykers and the like.

As for the miniature; weapon down looks better. I also think he needs a little bit of bulking on his upper body; maybe a shoulderpad or two would help even out the miniature. I hope this has helped!

Check out my (new) blog at https://neonrust.home.blog
 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

 ghosty wrote:
Ah Kroot, one of my favorite GW kits. Something bout the miniatures makes me very happy on a base level. They must be one of GWs strongest concepts for me, I feel.

Anyway, onto your miniature! I'm not sure a Puritan would, as a puritan ideology is very much 'purge the filth' kinda stance. they're very fire and brimstone, and I would imagine xenos would be high on their list on preferred things to burn. Obviously, the more radical the Witch Hunter becomes, the more open he is to new concepts; I assume this is why Jokaero (space Orangutans!) can turn up in forces of Grey Knights. I digress, anyway, I can imagine a Witch Hunter who's not so much of a hot headed fanatic would surely find a use for a Kroot whose expertise would help track down rogue psykers and the like.

As for the miniature; weapon down looks better. I also think he needs a little bit of bulking on his upper body; maybe a shoulderpad or two would help even out the miniature. I hope this has helped!

ghosty -Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

I agree with you on the Kroot - an under-rated kit to be sure - those Kroot shoulder pads (of which I unfortunately have none atm) are great for all kinds of armour upgrades.

So - the fluff for the Inquisitor is mostly done - the basis of which he was a Puritan though has mellowed in recent years - also, I was thinking the Kroot could be like a captured slave-soldier - possibly with a servo-skull inhibitor-drone attached.

Weapon down is now 6-1 on various forums - also, there'll be a shoulder pad on the right shoulder, he'll have a chest-rig bandolier style, and a larger knife or hatchet on his back - or possibly a small power-unit with a cable running to the weapon (not sure if the weapon needs this?)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/06/25 06:13:25


   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

Kroot basically blue-tacked into final positions.

Elbows resting on his chest-rig, relaxed but alert...


Large grey pouch to be replaced with a holstered IG pistol (waiting on bits...)


Space Wolf knife makes a good machete, will add extra GS strap underneath sheath, over shoulder and under chest-rig...


... and remove mould-line on underside of sheath...


Hunting for a target...


Cheers!


   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






Amazing Inquisitor Lamby

Also very happy that You're using Kroots for this project, final pose is really natural.
I started as well a INQ28 Void Pirates gang and I'm waiting for the coolest race of the galaxy (Kroots ) to be delivered, I have big plans for a couple of them.

Waiting for more, subscribed

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

 SelvaggioSaky wrote:
Amazing Inquisitor Lamby

Also very happy that You're using Kroots for this project, final pose is really natural.
I started as well a INQ28 Void Pirates gang and I'm waiting for the coolest race of the galaxy (Kroots ) to be delivered, I have big plans for a couple of them.

Waiting for more, subscribed
SelvaggioSak - Thanks! - this Kroot is all that remains of box I bought nearly 2 years ago, for the various bits and peices within - he is actually the first full Kroot I have ever built!
- Having said that, if GW were to produce some newer Kroot models, I would consider making few squads of them to use as Allies... if I ever get back into full 40k gaming... and if I didn't have about a hundred other models to build, convert, paint... (o the joys of hobby ADD!)
- Note the use of the Tau Firewarrior upper legs, which meant a GS-sculpting repair job on his nether regions - but I think it bulks them out and suits a little better than just the skinny Kroot standard legs


So, after an entertaining and in depth discussion (occuring even now) over on another forum (*cough Ammobunker cough*) with some of the great exponents of Inquisitor 28mm (Kraut Scientist, Bruticus, PDH and Molotov - to name a few) about the validity of a Puritan Inquisitor utilising xenos in his retinue and the merits there-of, I have totally dropped the slave-soldier idea (which I was never fond of anyway - and after a fruitless night's modelling couldn't make work anyway) and gone back to the highly skilled scout-tracker-sniper employed for his skills.

   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






I'm actually following that discussion
Keep up the great job!

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

 SelvaggioSaky wrote:
I'm actually following that discussion
Keep up the great job!
SelvaggioSaky - Thanks!

I officially detest Finecast - got hold of an Eldar ranger model - the cool one standing with his weapon across his waist, and proceeded with a complicated conversion to turn him into a her... but the quality of the cast was truly awful, and every time I touched the FC something fell off or a new bubble-hole appeared or the bit I just shaved off thinking it was a mold line turned out to be a detail bit... gak! So - fail... and back to plastic I go!

On a good note, the Inquisitor has received an undercoat and a name - the Brimstone Inquisitor Hugues de Ardens - more of his (increasingly complicated) story (and PIP pics) anon...

   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






Never worked with Finecast myself, but from what I read around I wanna stay far away from It

Nice important name, waiting for the PIP pics

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in gb
Ghost of Greed and Contempt






Engaged in Villainy

I like the Inquisitor, and the kroot looks like he's very... capable, if that makes sense?

Looking forward to seeing more stuff!

"He was already dead when I killed him!"

Visit my Necromunda P&M blog, here: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/747076.page#9753656 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

SelvaggioSaky wrote:Never worked with Finecast myself, but from what I read around I wanna stay far away from It
Nice important name, waiting for the PIP pics

Dark Apostle 666 wrote:I like the Inquisitor, and the kroot looks like he's very... capable, if that makes sense?
Looking forward to seeing more stuff!

SelvaggioSaky, Dark Apostle 66 - Thanks... and because you asked, some (admittedly not very exciting) PIPs:

Tallarn Flesh then Liche Purple on the face:


Tin Bitz base layer for the (to be bronze) armour:


Tan Brown pastel pre-shading on the (to be cream) cloak:


Cheers!

   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






Loving that cape atm, this is going to be big and important, no doubt

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in us
Renegade Kan Killin Orks





San Francisco, CA

Looking fantastic. Have you decided on colors for the kroot yet?

   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

SelvaggioSaky wrote:Loving that cape atm, this is going to be big and important, no doubt
SelvaggioSaky - Thanks! - it's very PIP, just a primer coat black/white and then the brown pastels into the drapery folds.
Tomorrow I'll be adding a cream layer over the ridges, then probably brown oil wash.
The Good Green wrote:Looking fantastic. Have you decided on colors for the kroot yet?
The Good Green - Thanks! - haha, no no, not yet - I tend to obsess over color scheme selection and then change my mind halfway through the actual painting...

More PIPs:
- Flesh layers on the face:


- Metallic base coats on arms:


- Gold Rub N Buff layer over Tin Bitz, desperately in need of a black oil wash to bring it back from gold and push out the details:


- Silver on the icons - wondering if a bright red is needed around the icons (front and back) instead of the bronze...

   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






Why not a deep, purpleish red?
That would look good and give him a more noble feel.

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Sydney

 SelvaggioSaky wrote:
Why not a deep, purpleish red?
That would look good and give him a more noble feel.
SelvaggioSaky - thanks for the suggestion! - I assume you're talking about the cloak?

O, the debate over colors for this cloak that my wife and I have had... and we are still going back and forth between cream and red... the tabard will be red and we'll see how that looks with the brown leather of the boots and the bronze of the armour.
PIPs tonight...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/07/11 20:30:38


   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






Way late but WOH Kroot pants look awesome

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: