Switch Theme:

Viterbi paints and builds... Still Sisters, an Executioner and... IS THAT A ZOAT?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Everything is looking like it is off to a good start. The updated Marine will fit right in. Really liking the Aggressors.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Tyrant of Badab






HATE Club, East London

The arena is fantastic. Fighting either in or around that would be awesome.

Though guards may sleep and ships may lay at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire.
My blog - over 20 pages of Badab War, Eldar and other assorted projects 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






youwashock wrote:Everything is looking like it is off to a good start. The updated Marine will fit right in. Really liking the Aggressors.


Thanks youwashock! Was really nice how easy it was to switch his color without having to repaint the rest. Aggressors are nice, because nearly 90% of them is just the green armour

Fifty wrote:The arena is fantastic. Fighting either in or around that would be awesome.


Thanks Fifty! It hasn't been used yet, but White Dwarf had a mini arena "campaign" for WarCry and that will be played out in the not so far future.

After playing the second game of Blackstone Fortress (Dahyak the Kroot is a beast, dispatching enemies with eery precision) we now have enough clue cards to storm the first stronghold. But I feel, we probably need a little more firepower for that so used yesterday to finally paint up UR-025 and it was a lot of fun. Seeing as he is aeons old I didn't hold back on weathering and he will be the template I use to paint my Kastelans once I get around to them.

[Thumb - IMG_2122.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2123.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2124.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2125.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Great weathering. Really looks like he has seen some years. From the back, it almost looks like an old car or tractor you would find in a junkyard.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






As said great weathering and looking through this thread you have an impressive body of work!
   
Made in gb
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot






London

Fantastic weathering on this chap - really looks like he has been through the wars/exploring off on his own for ages



Relapse wrote:
Baron, don't forget to talk about the SEALs and Marines you habitually beat up on 2 and 3 at a time, as you PM'd me about.
nareik wrote:
Perhaps it is a lube issue, seems obvious now.
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Surrey, BC - Canada

Good job Viterbi.

CB

31 successful trades in the Dakka Swap Shop. I have an ongoing Sale Thread there with painted and unpainted figures for sale to make room for more.
Finished Forge World Elysian Army | Finished Tau Sept Cadre | Finished Ork Waaagh | Alaitoc Eldar Warhost | Building Necromunda and Terrain
Order of Our Martyred Lady - Sisters of Battle | Finished Necromundian Imperial Guard Regiment | Finished a 1/72 Flower Class Corvette - HMCS CHILLIWACK
DC:70S++G+M++B+I++PW40k-89-+D+++++A+++/aWD088R+T(M)DM+  
   
Made in gb
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






Nice job on UR-025, he’s pretty handy in the game with his re-rolls on failed saves and his awesome gun! Good luck storming the first stronghold

Goberts Gubbins - A Random Oldhammer P&M Blog, now with added Blackstone Fortress 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Love that paint job on UR-025, such a great and different sculpt. The weathering and colouration on the backpack/ power unit is especially good. I am loving the dedication to the green and red/burgundy across your imperial forces as well, a great way to tie all of the armies together.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






youwashock wrote:Great weathering. Really looks like he has seen some years. From the back, it almost looks like an old car or tractor you would find in a junkyard.


Thanks youwashock! The back does look quite agricultural implemented

maxwin wrote:As said great weathering and looking through this thread you have an impressive body of work!


Thanks maxwin!

IGtR= wrote:Fantastic weathering on this chap - really looks like he has been through the wars/exploring off on his own for ages


Thanks IGtR=!

Captain Brown wrote:Good job Viterbi.

CB


Thanks Captain Brown!

gobert wrote:Nice job on UR-025, he’s pretty handy in the game with his re-rolls on failed saves and his awesome gun! Good luck storming the first stronghold


Thanks gobert! We're storming the stronghold this evening, because we hadn't realised that we need to play 6 exploration cards first, which we did on Friday. UR was very useful, he is slow like , but doing the three times shooting is amazing and he tanked lots of attacks with his save and re-rolls.

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:Love that paint job on UR-025, such a great and different sculpt. The weathering and colouration on the backpack/ power unit is especially good. I am loving the dedication to the green and red/burgundy across your imperial forces as well, a great way to tie all of the armies together.


Thanks ListenToMeWarriors! I only wish I would have found that scheme when I started out, it really helps tying all of them together.

And with playing BSF being such fun I finally bit the bullet and painted Draik and Thaddeus, my least favorite sculpts of the bunch. So of course, they didn't get the touchup attention other minis get Still happy to be done with them, seeing as I had finished most of the core set in March 2019. Already ordered the Escalation gaming materials from eBay, have the heroes through Combat Arena and a friend bought the cultists for his Chaos army. And I fear I'm going to buy the other stuff too, despite their ludicrous prices.

Finally I'm getting closer to unifying the bases for my Imperial forces, all are getting the grey-blue base rim and some snow. This time around some of my favorite minis, the ratlings haven't seen any battle yet, but they are such colorful sculpts. The Magus conversion can be used as a priest, Primaris Psyker... or a sneaky Magus, if I ever built a small Cult force Callidus assassin was one of my first minis painted after my hobby comeback.


[Thumb - IMG_2144.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2145.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2146.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2147.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2133.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2134.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2135.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Even without the extra touch up, they all came out very nicely, and its always fun when you find multiple uses to show off the hard work!
   
Made in ca
Stoic Grail Knight





drinking tea in the snow

Woo ratlings! I love seeing more of those little guys. The priest and trader might not be your favorites but they still look good. the rogue trader's (space) cigar looks nifty here.

realism is a lie
 
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

All super cool but the face visor on the psyker is the best.

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





Cymru

very cool stuff dude

My P&M Shenanigans (40k mostly atm)

Diary of a Inquisitor (Other Sci fi in 40k fluff and Pics)
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Sometimes done is good enough. Never sad to see Assassins, new or old. You know you want a Zoat.
   
Made in us
Lesser Daemon of Chaos






Congrats on finishing up the BSF heroes, it seems that Thaddeus isn't a super popular sculpt for some reason - regardless, your Imperial scheme looks great on him. I think his 40k rules are actually pretty good though, he might be a decent addition to a Sisters of Battle force.

The visor psyker is pretty dope! Nice sheen effect on the visor.

Edited for spelling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/15 17:12:24


6681 points of
My painting log is full of snakes
Have any retro, vintage, or out of print models? Show them off here! 
   
Made in gb
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






Good work finishing up BSF, I know what you mean about them not being a your favourite. Thaddeus is Particularly uninspiring, which is a bit ironic! Blond Janus is a cool look, works well with your imperial scheme. Those Ratlings are great too!

Goberts Gubbins - A Random Oldhammer P&M Blog, now with added Blackstone Fortress 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






Nice work! and as said that visor is sweet!
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Nice job on the BSF models, the weathering on the robot is really well done
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






Vejut wrote:Even without the extra touch up, they all came out very nicely, and its always fun when you find multiple uses to show off the hard work!


Thanks Vejut!

amazingturtles wrote:Woo ratlings! I love seeing more of those little guys. The priest and trader might not be your favorites but they still look good. the rogue trader's (space) cigar looks nifty here.


Thanks amazingturtles! Abhumans are the best! Loved painting them (must check my log, it was 2018 I believe) especially since it was the first time I had to decide how to paint an apple core on a mini

inmygravenimage wrote:All super cool but the face visor on the psyker is the best.


Thanks Graven! It was done in a time BC (before Contrast) and if I remember correctly it was two layers of Bloodletter glaze.

JoeRugby wrote:very cool stuff dude


Thanks JoeRugby!

youwashock wrote:Sometimes done is good enough. Never sad to see Assassins, new or old. You know you want a Zoat.


Thanks youwashock! Assassins are always great fun, Calli has one game under her wing about two years ago where she killed a Whirlwind with her phase sword, that was fun And yes, I need a Zoat... but it's so pricey

Don Qui Hotep wrote:Congrats on finishing up the BSF heroes, it seems that Thaddeus isn't a super popular sculpt for some reason - regardless, your Imperial scheme looks great on him. I think his 40k rules are actually pretty good though, he might be a decent admission to a Sisters of Battle force.

The visor psyker is pretty dope! Nice sheen effect on the visor.


Thanks Don Qui Hotep! For me it's mostly the face I really don't like that, the rest is not bad with the servo skull and his metal hand. But I plan on using him from time to time with my sisters hence his green armour plate. But I like the missionary model the most from the priesthood of 40k.

gobert wrote:Good work finishing up BSF, I know what you mean about them not being a your favourite. Thaddeus is Particularly uninspiring, which is a bit ironic! Blond Janus is a cool look, works well with your imperial scheme. Those Ratlings are great too!


Thanks gobert! When contemplating what hair color to give Janus I thought that he had a bit of a Zapp Brannigan vibe so blond it was I can really recommend Aggaros Dune Contrast for this job, works really well.

maxwin wrote:Nice work! and as said that visor is sweet!


Thanks maxwin!

Maharg wrote:Nice job on the BSF models, the weathering on the robot is really well done


Thanks Maharg! Weathering was especially nice, because it was so easy, just brushing in broad strokes over the robot

Nearly got my dirty dozen finished, never will I ever attempt to paint 12 models simultaneously, it gets bothersome towards the end. Have to decide if I enter the Space Marine Heroes or the Seraphim for the painting comp. Tend towards the sisters, because it's a full squad whereas I have to omit ML guy from the tacs, because he just got new armour and was already painted.
But marines got the nicer faces, Seraphim didn't get eyes, only the superior two white dots, wanted to evoke Halle Berry's Storm look.

And I neatly put away all the minis from the Arena, I feel that with the new edition around the corner I should get a small sisters force ready. Built a Canoness and the PA Inquisitor lady as the leaders and the rest of the battle box (9 minis), 5 more Seraphim (who will be getting all the special weapons and subbed into the already painted squad so I have a five-woman team with hand flamers and one with inferno pistols), a rhino, an immolator, hospitaller and the imagifier. And one of these days GW might decide to sent out the MTO sister from spring so I can convert her into a second canoness.

[Thumb - IMG_2163.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2164.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2165.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2166.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2174.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2176.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2177.jpeg]

[Thumb - 2D644BD2-A448-4A75-B06C-7014BF3AD521.jpeg]

   
Made in gb
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot






London

BSF gang looking great. Love the alternate paint scheme



Relapse wrote:
Baron, don't forget to talk about the SEALs and Marines you habitually beat up on 2 and 3 at a time, as you PM'd me about.
nareik wrote:
Perhaps it is a lube issue, seems obvious now.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Can't wait to see the Inq painted up. SMH look good, as do the Seraphim. Almost forgot I ordered the MTO Sister, too.
   
Made in us
Lesser Daemon of Chaos






 Viterbi wrote:
Don Qui Hotep wrote:Congrats on finishing up the BSF heroes, it seems that Thaddeus isn't a super popular sculpt for some reason - regardless, your Imperial scheme looks great on him. I think his 40k rules are actually pretty good though, he might be a decent addition to a Sisters of Battle force.

The visor psyker is pretty dope! Nice sheen effect on the visor.


Thanks Don Qui Hotep! For me it's mostly the face I really don't like that, the rest is not bad with the servo skull and his metal hand. But I plan on using him from time to time with my sisters hence his green armour plate. But I like the missionary model the most from the priesthood of 40k.


I hear you about his face - the oxygen hose is a little too much for me, and open-mouthed models are pretty hit-or-miss. And yeah, I love those missionary models. Always looked great in Inquisitorial Retinues.

Marines are looking scary. Good use of Blood for the Blood God!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/15 17:20:33


6681 points of
My painting log is full of snakes
Have any retro, vintage, or out of print models? Show them off here! 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

Really interested in seeing how you tackle those inquisitors.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Excellent paintwork as always Viterbi! I do like that ordo Xenos inquisitor, and for some reason I'm getting a nice Python vibe off the sword one.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






IGtR= wrote:BSF gang looking great. Love the alternate paint scheme


Thanks IGtR=! So happy, they're done, my first completely finished box set

youwashock wrote:Can't wait to see the Inq painted up. SMH look good, as do the Seraphim. Almost forgot I ordered the MTO Sister, too.


Thanks youwashock! You won't have to wait long, she got her first base colors this morning (luckily she is mostly black armour, so Leadbelcher Spray and Black Templar Contrast account for ca. 90% of the model ).

Don Qui Hotep wrote:
 Viterbi wrote:
Don Qui Hotep wrote:Congrats on finishing up the BSF heroes, it seems that Thaddeus isn't a super popular sculpt for some reason - regardless, your Imperial scheme looks great on him. I think his 40k rules are actually pretty good though, he might be a decent addition to a Sisters of Battle force.

The visor psyker is pretty dope! Nice sheen effect on the visor.


Thanks Don Qui Hotep! For me it's mostly the face I really don't like that, the rest is not bad with the servo skull and his metal hand. But I plan on using him from time to time with my sisters hence his green armour plate. But I like the missionary model the most from the priesthood of 40k.


I hear you about his face - the oxygen hose is a little too much for me, and open-mouthed models are pretty hit-or-miss. And yeah, I love those missionary models. Always looked great in Inquisitorial Retinues.

Marines are looking scary. Good use of Blood for the Blood God!


Thanks Don Qui Hotep! It's my favorite Technical Color

Theophony wrote:Really interested in seeing how you tackle those inquisitors.


Thanks Theo! Although only one Inquisitor, the other one will be my first Canoness.

Vejut wrote:Excellent paintwork as always Viterbi! I do like that ordo Xenos inquisitor, and for some reason I'm getting a nice Python vibe off the sword one.


Thanks Vejut! Monty Python vibe?

So, tock stock yesterday to see what I have done, am doing and will have to do.

First of all, what I have done:

Repainted Celestine (although I need a new model in due time, she was horribly built by me and I'm still at a loss with her wings, the current ones look weird.
10 woman squad Battle Sisters
5 woman squad Battle Sisters
2 Repentia
5 Seraphim
3 Arco-Flagellants
Thaddeus
Pious Vorne
Gotfret
Missionary
Preacher

What I need is some characters and filling out squads, so I'm painting:

2 Repentia
5 Battle Sisters (to fill out the 5 woman squad)
Imagifier
Sister Amalia was already painted last year, but was pried from her base and will be transferred to a the new one with Simulacrum bits so I can use her as a second Imagifier or a Simulacrum for a squad.
The Daemonifuge characters (the Harlie will get painted last, because I want to try out diamonds)
Hospitaller (left the doves with the scrolls of her, found it too busy), the base was built yesterday evening with the poor dying siter on it.
Sister Repentia
Canoness
PA Inquisitor

I'm aiming to have them finished in the first half of August, should be realistic.

And my yet to built consists of:

Sisters Rhino (actually built this last evening)
5 Seraphim (4 will be equipped with the special weapons and than mixed with the squad from the battle box so I have on squad with hand flamers and one with inferno pistols
Inquisitor Greyfax
Canoness from Battle box
Penitent Engine
Immolator (gonna wait with that vehicle until I finished the rest, because it needs to be magnetized and probably lot of sub-assemblies)

[Thumb - IMG_2200.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2198.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2197.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Off and flying, hopefully you can make your goal.

And on the Monty Python vibe, I just really get the feeling like they're about to declare their chief weapon was surprise and fear :-D Not sure why.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






Vejut wrote:
Off and flying, hopefully you can make your goal.

And on the Monty Python vibe, I just really get the feeling like they're about to declare their chief weapon was surprise and fear :-D Not sure why.


Well, they're running around with a loyal Alpha Legion Successor Chapter, so surprise and fear fit I may look into Monty Python for my Order name, I haven't decided on one. Just on the nickname, to their enemies my sisters are briefly known as the Sisters of perpetual annoyance (you can nevwer go wrong with Pratchett!).

And had a productive sunday, lots of little painting session which saw the Inquisitor finished in one day and also the shrine for Sister Amalia (who incidentally was my color scheme test model last year). I wish I could say that I had planned for the Inquisitor to get a big scar on her right eye. But the truth is, after several attempts on getting the eyes looking in the same direction, this was the easier solution Really happy with her, lovely sculpt and she will hopefully be a nice addition to my sisters.

[Thumb - IMG_2203.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2204.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2205.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_2206.jpeg]

   
Made in gb
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






That inquisitor seems rather heretical, what with her non imperial armour colour, but most disturbing is her xenos weapon. I’ll overlook the daemon on her arm for now! Nice job, and must be satisfying to finish in one day!

Goberts Gubbins - A Random Oldhammer P&M Blog, now with added Blackstone Fortress 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Yeah! She looks good! Always nice when a model comes together quick. Amalia looks good with her new base. The group shot is great. Those snow bases make a good backdrop for your green/maroon.
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: