Switch Theme:

How do you feel about ALL Marines getting bumped to 2 wounds base?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Poll
How do you feel about the change?
Ecstatic!
I like it.
Undecided/ Waiting for Gameplay or Codexes.
Don't like it.
Hate the idea.

View results
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Cruentus wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Cruentus wrote:
My predictions:

1) I'm going to assume that Primaris get an additional would, taking them to 3, thereby making them still superior to the old marines

They're not.


Bzzt. Wrong.

From the GW preview today, re: their new SM Codex:

"Heavy Intercessors! And they’re called that for a reason – like their Captain, these bad-boys aren’t just heavily armed, they’re heavily armoured too, thanks to their Gravis armour. A Toughness 5 Troops unit with 3 Wounds apiece, anyone?"

And so it begins...

And from the bit that you edited out of my post that you replied to...

That’s right – it won’t just be Primaris Marines on 2 Wounds anymore! All of a sudden, a lot of units that may have felt a bit left behind become very durable and appealing. From Battle Company units such as Assault, Devastator and Tactical Marines, to the elite Terminators of the 1st Company (who will be increased to 3 Wounds accordingly), the first born will be back to prove to their Primaris battle-brothers their great worth.

And as for future codexes for other genetically engineered transhuman warriors (both of the shiny grey and spikey variety), the same will apply to them. Just think how durable that will make units like Rubric Marines or Plague Marines.

Anything Marine that isn't a Scout will start at 2W.


So Terminators are going to be 3W. Gravis Armor is going to be 3W as well...it's almost like the armor is what grants the bonus wound!
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





Mehruuns just got more mehreeineyr, so now we have meuhreens who took a better jeanseede with better meeehreen ahrmor than the emperor's guardians. Lmfao

This edition is disgusting, no faction other than mehreeeens have anything unique anymore.
   
Made in us
Sister Oh-So Repentia





Did anyone else notice the "core" keyword on heavy intercessors.

we moving to old fantasy rules here?

"If you are forced to use your trump card, then the battle is already lost" 
   
Made in ru
Longtime Dakkanaut



Moscow, Russia

They have about the same statline as a Breacher, which is also a troop.
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 Mixzremixzd wrote:
WarCom article to read some other changes for yourself.

Simple question, interested to see what the data from Dakka looks like.


I'd like to see all basic troops go to two wounds(or more) and all or almost all the basic basic troop weapons go to Damage D2 (i.e. 1-3=1 damage, 4-6= 2 Damage not always doing 2 damage)

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





stratigo wrote:
As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"

you don't because you are an afterthought as an potential ally to the main show.

or atleast that is how it feels some times.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/13 11:19:33


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





stratigo wrote:
As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"


As soon as Cawl can figure out how to mount that puppy on a spear

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Numberless Necron Warrior





Crownworld Astilia

Lol wasn't expecting this thread to crop back up again, the general "Dakka" consensus back then and from the discussions seemed to be cautious optimism and now, the reveal of the Heavy Intercessors are certainly something people are taking caution with.

Still, and this may be redundant to some, it all comes down to points. As a Necron fan and player seeing T5 W3 Chad marines in comparison to Immortals T5 W1 does leave me feeling deflated, buuuuuut I'm only paying 18ppm for my troop choice. (Yeah that small comfort I know when Intercessors are 20ppm and soon to be W2 tacticals are also 18ppm).

If H Intercessors end up being 35ppm+ then all's well that ends well right? Just another unit in a bloated codex nothing to see here.

Edit:
stratigo wrote:
As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"


How many ppm is a Custodes? I'm not familiar with any of their units. Also do we know the new costs for Terminators which are going to be W3?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/13 11:43:48


The Qarnakh Dynasty - 965pts
W-L-D:
the_scotsman wrote:
Now, hold on, I need to look up the stats for my squad sergeant's neovolkite chargeblast annihilator, it's got a different statline to the regular occularium boltlaunch chadrifles the rest of the squad is equipped with. Am I in specularis doctrine this turn or shadenfreude doctrine, I don't remember, it makes my AP better for wepons with 'bolt' in the name and my Steel Sharks chapter can reroll 1s to hit and 3s to wound while they're in shadenfreude.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




BrianDavion wrote:
stratigo wrote:
As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"


As soon as Cawl can figure out how to mount that puppy on a spear


I mean, I can only hope.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mixzremixzd wrote:
Lol wasn't expecting this thread to crop back up again, the general "Dakka" consensus back then and from the discussions seemed to be cautious optimism and now, the reveal of the Heavy Intercessors are certainly something people are taking caution with.

Still, and this may be redundant to some, it all comes down to points. As a Necron fan and player seeing T5 W3 Chad marines in comparison to Immortals T5 W1 does leave me feeling deflated, buuuuuut I'm only paying 18ppm for my troop choice. (Yeah that small comfort I know when Intercessors are 20ppm and soon to be W2 tacticals are also 18ppm).

If H Intercessors end up being 35ppm+ then all's well that ends well right? Just another unit in a bloated codex nothing to see here.

Edit:
stratigo wrote:
As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"


How many ppm is a Custodes? I'm not familiar with any of their units. Also do we know the new costs for Terminators which are going to be W3?


Around 50 per guardian, which are mostly something you don't really have much use for except standing in a corner. They have almost no effect on the board state, they are just passive points generators.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/13 12:18:16


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Mixzremixzd wrote:
If H Intercessors end up being 35ppm+ then all's well that ends well right? Just another unit in a bloated codex nothing to see here.


Sure. Problem is power level probably puts them about 25-30.
I'm not convinced its the end of the world, but its just another obnoxious thing Marines get for... reasons.
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Mixzremixzd wrote:
Lol wasn't expecting this thread to crop back up again, the general "Dakka" consensus back then and from the discussions seemed to be cautious optimism and now, the reveal of the Heavy Intercessors are certainly something people are taking caution with.

Still, and this may be redundant to some, it all comes down to points. As a Necron fan and player seeing T5 W3 Chad marines in comparison to Immortals T5 W1 does leave me feeling deflated, buuuuuut I'm only paying 18ppm for my troop choice. (Yeah that small comfort I know when Intercessors are 20ppm and soon to be W2 tacticals are also 18ppm).

If H Intercessors end up being 35ppm+ then all's well that ends well right? Just another unit in a bloated codex nothing to see here.

Edit:
stratigo wrote:
As a custodes player I am going "Okay, so when do I get a non forgeworld shooting unit on the quality of a heavy intercessor?"


How many ppm is a Custodes? I'm not familiar with any of their units. Also do we know the new costs for Terminators which are going to be W3?
Bladeguard veterans with a stormshield and a better power weapon are 35.
Aggressors with 60 guns taped to them are 40

There is no way the Heavy Intercessor is going to be 35 points. I'd wager around 25-28.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/13 14:50:35


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




28 would be fair. 8 additional points for the T5, W3, and S5 on the gun seems correct.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





I wouldn't say 28 is 'fair'. Its way undercosted.
But so are all those other units...
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Ordana wrote:
I wouldn't say 28 is 'fair'. Its way undercosted.
But so are all those other units...

Except those units really aren't undercosted, unless you're suggesting anything Gravis is OP. I mean it's already a 20 page debate regarding Eliminators in this subforum so there's clearly different wavelengths going on. Plus the only real issue with Aggressors was double shooting on Overwatch, which is now solved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/13 16:50:49


CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Gig Harbor, WA

I suppose Heavy Intercessors would finally give my Repulsor a real job. A demi-squad can actually benefit from the speed and can hold an objective when it gets to where its going.

They certainly seem like they were intended as marine killers too with their statline.

   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






According to the leaks I got Tyranid Warriors are 27 points with an Assault 3 S5 AP-1 24" Deathspitter with a BS of 4+. They are 3W but T4 and 4+ save. 3 attacks though.

T5 and 3+ is definitely worth more than a point or two over T4 4+. But offensively the Deathspitter helps the Warrior with its Assault 3.

I think 28 is a little low, but not too far off.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gb
Numberless Necron Warrior





Crownworld Astilia

So 30ppm just to err on the side of caution for H Intercessors?

I'm by no means a competitive player or a mathhammer savant but that sounds pretty decent to me...

The Qarnakh Dynasty - 965pts
W-L-D:
the_scotsman wrote:
Now, hold on, I need to look up the stats for my squad sergeant's neovolkite chargeblast annihilator, it's got a different statline to the regular occularium boltlaunch chadrifles the rest of the squad is equipped with. Am I in specularis doctrine this turn or shadenfreude doctrine, I don't remember, it makes my AP better for wepons with 'bolt' in the name and my Steel Sharks chapter can reroll 1s to hit and 3s to wound while they're in shadenfreude.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Insectum7 wrote:
According to the leaks I got Tyranid Warriors are 27 points with an Assault 3 S5 AP-1 24" Deathspitter with a BS of 4+. They are 3W but T4 and 4+ save. 3 attacks though.

T5 and 3+ is definitely worth more than a point or two over T4 4+. But offensively the Deathspitter helps the Warrior with its Assault 3.

I think 28 is a little low, but not too far off.

Thats assuming the Warriors were worth 27 points to begin with.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
According to the leaks I got Tyranid Warriors are 27 points with an Assault 3 S5 AP-1 24" Deathspitter with a BS of 4+. They are 3W but T4 and 4+ save. 3 attacks though.

T5 and 3+ is definitely worth more than a point or two over T4 4+. But offensively the Deathspitter helps the Warrior with its Assault 3.

I think 28 is a little low, but not too far off.

Thats assuming the Warriors were worth 27 points to begin with.
They were 25 in 8th and pretty solid. I haven't used them in 9th, but since a bunch of stuff went up I don't see a 2 point hike being particularly damning.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in au
Smokin' Skorcha Driver





Although as any owner of an ork stompa will tell you, slapping more wounds on it doesn't always make it feel tougher. Sometimes having multiple separate entities can feel more durable
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
28 would be fair. 8 additional points for the T5, W3, and S5 on the gun seems correct.


Given that they got an additional wound as leaked and assuming no other changes in their datasheet, regular terminators are 31 ppm for a 3W T4 and +2 Save with a humble power sword and a crappy storm bolter. The range weapon of a heavy intercessor is far way better than a storm bolter + a power sword. In top of that regular terminators are not op sec and heavy intercessors are op sec and troop choice

imao 31 ppm for heavy intercessors is already quite undercosted in comparative.
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






psipso wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
28 would be fair. 8 additional points for the T5, W3, and S5 on the gun seems correct.


Given that they got an additional wound as leaked and assuming no other changes in their datasheet, regular terminators are 31 ppm for a 3W T4 and +2 Save with a humble power sword and a crappy storm bolter. The range weapon of a heavy intercessor is far way better than a storm bolter + a power sword. In top of that regular terminators are not op sec and heavy intercessors are op sec and troop choice

imao 31 ppm for heavy intercessors is already quite undercosted in comparative.
Not to mention Terminators have to pay points for Powerfists, etc. too. That adds up quick and is mandatory for a squad.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




psipso wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
28 would be fair. 8 additional points for the T5, W3, and S5 on the gun seems correct.


Given that they got an additional wound as leaked and assuming no other changes in their datasheet, regular terminators are 31 ppm for a 3W T4 and +2 Save with a humble power sword and a crappy storm bolter. The range weapon of a heavy intercessor is far way better than a storm bolter + a power sword. In top of that regular terminators are not op sec and heavy intercessors are op sec and troop choice

imao 31 ppm for heavy intercessors is already quite undercosted in comparative.


Terminators arent getting the 3rd wound for free. They're poised to get, at minimum, a 5 point increase. Which puts the cheapest loadout (SB + PS) at 36. If loadouts remained weird and locked, you're looking at 41 points for a Terminator.

Also calling SBs crappy is highly entertaining.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/14 00:46:41


 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 argonak wrote:
I suppose Heavy Intercessors would finally give my Repulsor a real job. A demi-squad can actually benefit from the speed and can hold an objective when it gets to where its going.

They certainly seem like they were intended as marine killers too with their statline.

.

Repulsors won’t have a job until they can live long enough to do it. Vehicles in general need a massive upgrade. They’re worse off than they were with armor facings. More guns can now hurt them, and the ones that could before can do it even easier. S9 LC’s “wounded” AV14 on 5’s. Now on 3’s. S8 wounded on 6’s, now on 4’s.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

Breton wrote:
 argonak wrote:
I suppose Heavy Intercessors would finally give my Repulsor a real job. A demi-squad can actually benefit from the speed and can hold an objective when it gets to where its going.

They certainly seem like they were intended as marine killers too with their statline.

.

Repulsors won’t have a job until they can live long enough to do it. Vehicles in general need a massive upgrade. They’re worse off than they were with armor facings. More guns can now hurt them, and the ones that could before can do it even easier. S9 LC’s “wounded” AV14 on 5’s. Now on 3’s. S8 wounded on 6’s, now on 4’s.
And one S9 Lascannon shot could blow up a Land Raider.

Now, you need three at the ABSOLUTE minimum. On average, you'd need five failed saves, which is around 17 BS3+ Lascannons.

Before, hitting on a 3+ and glancing/penning on a 5+, you needed literally a SINGLE MORE Lascannon to kill it via HP damage. Not accounting for any penetrating hits.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 Insectum7 wrote:
According to the leaks I got Tyranid Warriors are 27 points with an Assault 3 S5 AP-1 24" Deathspitter with a BS of 4+. They are 3W but T4 and 4+ save. 3 attacks though.

T5 and 3+ is definitely worth more than a point or two over T4 4+. But offensively the Deathspitter helps the Warrior with its Assault 3.

I think 28 is a little low, but not too far off.


And Synapse. And Move 6, 3A and Scything talons for +1A. Heavy Intercessors do not (until we get Heavy Assault Intercessors) have 3A base, and a +1A chain sword.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Breton wrote:

And Synapse. And Move 6, 3A and Scything talons for +1A. Heavy Intercessors do not (until we get Heavy Assault Intercessors) have 3A base, and a +1A chain sword.


Heavy Intercessors explicitly do not have chainswords, or any melee weapons of any kind for that matter.
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





Sterling191 wrote:
Breton wrote:

And Synapse. And Move 6, 3A and Scything talons for +1A. Heavy Intercessors do not (until we get Heavy Assault Intercessors) have 3A base, and a +1A chain sword.


Heavy Intercessors explicitly do not have chainswords, or any melee weapons of any kind for that matter.


That’s what I just said?

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Insectum7 wrote:
According to the leaks I got Tyranid Warriors are 27 points with an Assault 3 S5 AP-1 24" Deathspitter with a BS of 4+. They are 3W but T4 and 4+ save. 3 attacks though.

T5 and 3+ is definitely worth more than a point or two over T4 4+. But offensively the Deathspitter helps the Warrior with its Assault 3.

I think 28 is a little low, but not too far off.


Warriors also have a 12 inch fearless bubble, and their shadow of the warp bubble. I could see GW deciding those traits where def worth a few points.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: