Switch Theme:

New HH Edition discussion.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Barpharanges







What's even more egregious is that the quality of the sculpts for most of the Legion Terminators is frankly just mediocre. Some of the stuff, like the Emperors Children terminators, are great (but god, those spears!) but like the Alpha Legion termies are just crap. You might as well, as other posters have said, convert it yourself.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/16 10:09:18


Thomas Ligotti wrote:"If you do not feel good enough for long enough, you should act as if you do and even think as if you do... So start pretending that you feel good enough for long enough, stop your complaining, and get back in line."

 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

 blood reaper wrote:
What's even more egregious is that the quality of the sculpts for most of the Legion Terminators is frankly just mediocre. Some of the stuff, like the Emperors Children terminators, are great (but god, those spears!) but like the Alpha Legion termies are just crap. You might as well, as other posters have said, convert it yourself.


I will probably 3D *REDACTED WRONGTINK TOPIC* them and wait to see if Legion specific units get ported into plastic.

And for the record, If they did port literally the entire game into plastic over a few years, I'd very much be willing to give them money for not 1, not 2, but as many as 4 legions worth of stuff.
   
Made in ca
Ancient Venerable Dreadnought






Really depends on your legion like he said, some of them are great, Sehkmet, some of them are really bad, space wolves.

To many unpainted models to count. 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

 Hairesy wrote:
Sad that we're all sitting here hoping for not awful rules isn't it?

Such is the life of a GW hobbyist. Really makes you want to slow down and enjoy the collection and modelling aspect of the hobby when you know for a fact the most important thing is for your toys to look cool.


I dunno, I really like what I see so far. It's only a peek in the window for now, but it looks good and fun to me.
   
Made in gb
Barpharanges







 Togusa wrote:
 blood reaper wrote:
What's even more egregious is that the quality of the sculpts for most of the Legion Terminators is frankly just mediocre. Some of the stuff, like the Emperors Children terminators, are great (but god, those spears!) but like the Alpha Legion termies are just crap. You might as well, as other posters have said, convert it yourself.


I will probably 3D *REDACTED WRONGTINK TOPIC* them and wait to see if Legion specific units get ported into plastic.

And for the record, If they did port literally the entire game into plastic over a few years, I'd very much be willing to give them money for not 1, not 2, but as many as 4 legions worth of stuff.


Honestly a lot of the Forge World Terminators, for better or worse, are so close to the standard kits that 3d printing individual components for them seems like an entirely viable approach.

The different between like, Alpha Legion terminators and standard terminators are what, the shoulder pads, torsos and heads? The torsos are barely visible, so really it's just the heads and shoulder pads.

The same goes for their 'Headhunters' - all you really need are the banestrike bolters. Is anyone seriously going to demand you pay £70+ for those torsos, heads, and shoulderpads? Anyone who does is insane!

Thomas Ligotti wrote:"If you do not feel good enough for long enough, you should act as if you do and even think as if you do... So start pretending that you feel good enough for long enough, stop your complaining, and get back in line."

 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

I have noticed that the legions which were added into the game over the last couple of years have a lot more in the way of unique characters, unique units and so on as compared to a lot of the earliest legions. Specifically the Iron Warriors have no unique characters as compared to the Blood Angles or the Scars.

I hope they plan on revisiting some of the older legions soon.
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





 Togusa wrote:
I have noticed that the legions which were added into the game over the last couple of years have a lot more in the way of unique characters, unique units and so on as compared to a lot of the earliest legions. Specifically the Iron Warriors have no unique characters as compared to the Blood Angles or the Scars.

I hope they plan on revisiting some of the older legions soon.



It strikes me that a logical thing to do would be to release rules and Mini's for the Iron Warriors trident of Forrix, Falk and Kroegar.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

BrianDavion wrote:
 Togusa wrote:
I have noticed that the legions which were added into the game over the last couple of years have a lot more in the way of unique characters, unique units and so on as compared to a lot of the earliest legions. Specifically the Iron Warriors have no unique characters as compared to the Blood Angles or the Scars.

I hope they plan on revisiting some of the older legions soon.



It strikes me that a logical thing to do would be to release rules and Mini's for the Iron Warriors trident of Forrix, Falk and Kroegar.


Forrix would be great!
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





 Togusa wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Togusa wrote:
I have noticed that the legions which were added into the game over the last couple of years have a lot more in the way of unique characters, unique units and so on as compared to a lot of the earliest legions. Specifically the Iron Warriors have no unique characters as compared to the Blood Angles or the Scars.

I hope they plan on revisiting some of the older legions soon.



It strikes me that a logical thing to do would be to release rules and Mini's for the Iron Warriors trident of Forrix, Falk and Kroegar.


Forrix would be great!



yeah, one of the problems the Iron warriors had was, a lack of detailed commanders aside from the Primarch, McNeil fixed that. I think all three of them would be great. Forrix would be the classic "first captain" Falk could make for a good "half way to chaos already" HQ type. and Kroegar would give the iron warriors a fun melee beatstick

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
 
Forum Index » Warhammer 30K
Go to: