Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: VostroyanFirstClass  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

"This is posted with RiTides permission"

Ok well this guy has now dropped out of all contact, despite updating his thread after an agreed deal\sale was made, Turns out we where local so he wanted to meet up locally and do a trade\sale of my vampire counts army for $550 and my Very well painted Elspeth von Draken on Carmine Dragon(valued at $200 for the deal) for his FW bloodthirster then this stuff started....

VostroyanFirstClass wrote:Hey buddy, I am SOOOO sorry about the late reply. I was caught up on vacation and so didnt have wifi until recently and this totally escaped my mind for some reason. Yeah, I am interested in the Vampires ifit comes with all the bits, stuff from the original package as I love to do some conversion and tray/base building with them. I can pick up locally as I live in Vancouver as well (saw ur ad on CL) but would have to be after the 16th as I am on vacation until then.


Then this

VostroyanFirstClass wrote:Hey friend, what forgeworld stuff do you have? Also, can you send me a list of the exact stuff in the vampire counts army please? For reference sake. Thanks!


(He already had the list....and pictures...)

THEN this

VostroyanFirstClass wrote:Oh, I actually quite need the dragon for my Dark Elves army haha.


THEN i got this final message and he isnt answering anything anymore........(This is after he apparently got back....)

VostroyanFirstClass wrote:Hey, can you wait a week please? My GF convinced me to buy her a necklace last day of vacation and now I'm broke haha. Thanks pal!


This has been over a month, the guy just keeps disappearing and makes up more and more excuses so this is a pretty big trade back out that i put EVERYTHING aside for 3 weeks or so over and turned down sales totaling $750 dollars. Any idea what i should do here? I would rather like to FINISH the original deal.........(I just screwed up and deleted my inbox as well...lovely.....)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/08/21 22:47:46


 
   
Made in ca
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





British Columbia

So you haven't actually completed a transaction yet?

I'd just send one more message setting a deadline in the next few days to complete this deal.

Otherwise move on and sell to someone else.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

 Eldarain wrote:
So you haven't actually completed a transaction yet?

I'd just send one more message setting a deadline in the next few days to complete this deal.

Otherwise move on and sell to someone else.


He was going to pick everything up last week but never showed.....or messaged me back to say he wasn't going to show.

 
   
Made in us
Psychic Novitiate selected by a Gatherer






I had a similar experIence. He made a deal for my huge Skorne army,for his fw bloodthirster, 2 fw planes and grey knights lot, and backed out of it the day before I was going to ship, then tried to get me to pay cash for the BT and plane. All with that, "hey buddy" routine. I have all his shipping info and name and phone, if it matters.


 
   
Made in ca
Judgemental Grey Knight Justicar





Ontario, Canada

I was just going to buy dreadfleet and ship it to him from my FLGS.... now I guess I'll wait to get money first

I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

 Jaidon wrote:
I had a similar experIence. He made a deal for my huge Skorne army,for his fw bloodthirster, 2 fw planes and grey knights lot, and backed out of it the day before I was going to ship, then tried to get me to pay cash for the BT and plane. All with that, "hey buddy" routine. I have all his shipping info and name and phone, if it matters.


Figures the BT was involved..............

@Tom ya i wouldn't waste your time if i where you man.

 
   
Made in ca
Chosen Baal Sec Youngblood





ugh.....

I just sent off my Ork army to him yesterday.
Communication was rapid until I had actually shipped.

That being said, I referenced him with another member I had made a deal with, who had also made a deal with VostroyanFirstClass, and he said he was a good trader.
Hope this plays out fairly.
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

coffinofstone wrote:
ugh.....

I just sent off my Ork army to him yesterday.
Communication was rapid until I had actually shipped.

That being said, I referenced him with another member I had made a deal with, who had also made a deal with VostroyanFirstClass, and he said he was a good trader.
Hope this plays out fairly.


I am highly doubting it and am investigating locally since he lives very close to me.

 
   
Made in ca
Chosen Baal Sec Youngblood





If I don't hear from him by the morning I will take precautions. The package hasn't made it out of Ontario yet.
   
Made in us
Devestating Grey Knight Dreadknight






I've had some problems with him as well. We made a deal to trade my OK army for the GKs lot he had listed in his swap shop thread and one of the FW Avenger Strike Fighters listed there as well. We agreed to both ship on Saturday the 17th and message each other with tracking info. I shipped and sent him the tracking number, he did not ship and on the 18th messaged me to say that he would ship on Monday the 19th.

After not hearing from him again, on the 20th I messaged him saying that if I did not hear back that I would begin trying to get my shipment returned before it got delivered. He then send an odd message requesting my email address so he could send me the tracking info there. Not sure why he didn't just send it to me here, but I sent my email address to him. I have yet to hear back. Tomorrow I will start the process of getting my package returned.

It sucks because it cost almost $50 to ship it, and I doubt I'll ever be recouped for that. I see that he has had two recent positive trades in the reputable trader's list but this situation is just a little odd.

DQ:70+S++G+M-B+I+Pw40k93+ID++A+/eWD156R++T(T)DM++


 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

*Sigh* he is trying to scam Commissions locally now as well it would seem this is REALLY getting interesting....

 
   
Made in ca
Chosen Baal Sec Youngblood





I had communication with him on those days you did not hear from him through Dakka.
   
Made in us
Psychic Novitiate selected by a Gatherer






That's funny, because during the time frame you are talking about, he had a deal set up with me for the same GK lot and both avenger fighters plus Bloodthirster. Then he backed out two days later, and it looks like from his updated thread that he sold the GKs and one avenger.


 
   
Made in au
Annoyed Blood Angel Devastator





If he is scamming..way to fail. why would you scam at all let alone someone within driving distance..

"Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours." 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

 ThouShallNotHeal wrote:
If he is scamming..way to fail. why would you scam at all let alone someone within driving distance..


Who is also part of local trading\gaming clubs.....with friends that run them...... IF he scammed you guys i can help out from this end.

 
   
Made in ca
Booming Thunderer



New Westminsiter BC

whats the address sent to and name? if he's a member of the community up here I'd be surprised. but depending on location I could possibly track down where he plays and with who
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran




Canada

I did a deal with him went ok. Communication was fine. I was the reference that coffin asked.

(60) Successful Trades With: coffinofstone (x2), Mike94656, kungfujew, LOS Not Needed, Uriels_Flame (x3), redthirst, Lehnsherr, VostroyanFirstClass (x4), midget_overlord, Timofeo, Makutsu, Eclipseone (x2), Krug001, JHall, Neomagicwarrior, Vygoth, Eldarain (x5), Green is Best!, Acardia, Exalbaru, ephrael, MadCowCrazy, pretre, kusanagi68, Theevilone, bd1085, wreeper007, Soccerlfb6, bagelboy71, Masakik, xghostmakerx, Mecha_buddha, Grimwulfe, saleen302 (2), thormar, manvas, iStompya, Farboozle, GearheadXII (x2), Spartan289, marcus.iscariat, Sannaga, Spikes, Gamerely, Catfiish, Physh, skavenmatt

YouTube channel for new batreps and other content: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBasementCollective
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TBMCV 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

Kodeack wrote:
whats the address sent to and name? if he's a member of the community up here I'd be surprised. but depending on location I could possibly track down where he plays and with who


Already done that, no one seems to know him......

 
   
Made in au
Annoyed Blood Angel Devastator





Are we thinking a fake name?

"Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours." 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

 ThouShallNotHeal wrote:
Are we thinking a fake name?


Names so far Match up, will be interesting to see who gets what though or if the models are recast's. IF ANYONE receives yellowish resin on a "Fw" model it means you just got a fake.

 
   
Made in au
Annoyed Blood Angel Devastator





Then again, a fake is better then nothing

"Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours." 
   
Made in ca
Devious Space Marine dedicated to Tzeentch





He had messaged me a few weeks ago about my Salamander and Skaven army I was trying to get rid of. In the thread I specifically stated PayPal only and he tried to persuade me into a dark elves and a tyranid army. Communication stopped after I expressed that I wasn't interested in trading

1500pts
2500pts
Alpha Legion: 1500pts
"I can pulp your flesh and snap your bones in less than a second without so much as lifting a finger. What is the power of technology compared to that?" - Vel'cona, Chief Librarian of the Salamanders 
   
Made in ca
Chosen Baal Sec Youngblood





Vel'cona wrote:
He had messaged me a few weeks ago about my Salamander and Skaven army I was trying to get rid of. In the thread I specifically stated PayPal only and he tried to persuade me into a dark elves and a tyranid army. Communication stopped after I expressed that I wasn't interested in trading


I fail to see how this would be a mark against him.
   
Made in au
Annoyed Blood Angel Devastator





He just tried trading off a skaven army before, Why would he want another?

"Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours." 
   
Made in ca
Navigator





This kind of posts really frustrates me. Rarely do I see a REAL transaction report on this website that actually ends up being little more than a minor misunderstanding blown hugely out of porportions and quoted the people out of context and this is EXACTLY an example. As to the question "why would he scam someone within driving distance?" The answer is maybe im not scamming? To be honest, you can ask Twinner, I made a successful trade with him. Btw, I want to point out that the witchking or whatever his name is you can tell REALLY wants my blood thirster. We made no transactions yet, so how can you say I scammed you? The way I see it, you are just pissed that you aren't getting my Blood Thirster anymore and guess what, because you made this post, you are FOR SURE not getting squat anymore. As for the rest of you, I am not forcing you all to trade with me, do what you wish. It's a bloody board game ffs, I am not going to commuit fraud on someone for some plastic figures haha. Give me some more credit than that please. I am not some little 14 year old kid on the internet trying to get his first army, I have a full time job and lots of money to spend on whatever I want. If you want, I can take a picture of me standing infront of each model I listed on my trade list no problem. However, I have time restrants such as the typhoon in Asia that I encountered coming back from my vacation that kept me in the airport for 11 hours or the fact that my manager is telling me to work double shifts this entire week and the fact that I also volunteer at a church. As for why am I trading for what I am, the answer to all that is simple, if I see something that I like (lets use the skavens and also maybe the salamanders for example) I would ask for a price, and if its good, then I'll take it because hey why not right?. it's like if someone asked you to trade their 100 dollars for your 50 would you not do it? And if it turned out to not be a great deal for you, then you back out right? Unless you are all telling me that you buy whatever you see regardless or prices and trading conditions? Do I need to ask permission from one of you geniuses before i make a buy or sale? So next time before someone make a stupid accusation, or jump on the hating bandwaggon, get your stuff right and not get all twisted backwards.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also a coincidence how he "accidentally" deleted his inbox eh? Well guess what buddy, I still have it, time frame and all. I only went on vacation on the thirtieth. I didn't get the bloodthirster until the 15th, so explain how i made you wait for "3 weeks"?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Witch King of Angmar wrote:
Kodeack wrote:
whats the address sent to and name? if he's a member of the community up here I'd be surprised. but depending on location I could possibly track down where he plays and with who


Already done that, no one seems to know him......


Are you doing some CSI gak over here? I'm guessing you play with CHOP? If so, you're not asking the right people or are not admitting it. If you don't play for CHOP, I can give you some contacts of the people I trades with locally, they know me and how I do what I say. Nothing was EVER missing. So before you start exaggerating the truth and making me sound like some kind of "warhammer stealing phantom", let me stop you right there! Get "YOUR FACTS" straight.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2013/08/22 07:03:54


5000pts+
5000pts+
7000pts+ (pre-heresy)
1000pts

15+ Successful trades 
   
Made in ca
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Canada

VostroyanFirstClass wrote:go read what i wrote. Don't ever contact me again. I gave you explainations but you want to live in your fairytale then go ahead. I'll let me blood thirster rot before it gets into your pudgy hands.


This was sent to me, i am rather amazed this has gone so far, This thread was made with Moderator approval.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/08/22 07:06:31


 
   
Made in ca
Judgemental Grey Knight Justicar





Ontario, Canada

well he just insulted me saying i was a "bandwagon rider" when all i said is i hope this sorta thing doesnt happen with our deal.... now im sure its partially frustration with your other guys's dealings but seriously?

I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees 
   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Pigeons in Flight






In my Austin Ambassador Y Reg

Well, I think this is due a lock before it spirals even further into name calling and supposition. However, the facts, such as they are, are out there so it is up to you whether you wish to trade with this individual or not - you can make your mind up on the basis of the accusations and rebuttals within.

=====Begin Dakka Geek Code=====
DC:80-S--G+MB+I+Pw40k95+D++A+++/sWD144R+T(S)DM+
======End Dakka Geek Code======

Click here for retro Nintendo reviews

My Project Logs:
30K Death Guard, 30K Imperial Fists

Completed Armies so far (click to view Army Profile):
 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: