Switch Theme:

40K Video Battle Report: Jy2's Mechdar vs. Frankie's Dark Mechdar  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Awesome Autarch






San Diego, California

Jy2 and Frankie cross swords in a 2K, double force org chart Eldar on Eldar battle!



   
Made in gb
Bounding Assault Marine





Cheshire, UK

Good game, pretty brutal

   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





North idaho/ Washington

Ouch! but i do think it is a really cool Deldar list!

I would sign this contract but I already ate the potato

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Pretty much demonstrates why Venom spam is no longer a viable build. Too many really good hard counter lists.

Bee beep boo baap 
   
Made in pl
Horrific Howling Banshee




IMO the problem is that as points go up the number of Venoms doesn't.
You could easily do something like that at 2k points:
Spoiler:

2 Heami w/Liquifier Gun or some other stuff (they are seperate HQ choices)
8 Venoms w/ Wracks w/Liquifier Gun (or just Kabalite Warriors but Wracks are IMO more interesting)
6 Ravagers
all with Flickerfields and Night Shields

But the problem probably is that this is rather expensive, boring and no one has that many vehicles.

"I'm rather intrigued to discover that my opponent, who looks like a perfectly civilised person, is in fact mathematically capable" 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





San Jose, CA

My list for this game:


2000 Jy2's Double-Whammy Mechdar


Autarch - "the Works" (Mantle, Jetbike, Shard of Anaris, Fusion, Laser Lance, Banshee Mask)

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

5x Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

Wraithknight (stock)
Wraithknight


Just a little background on our game. We played this game before the Golden Throne GT as practice for the Golden Throne (at least for Frankie). It was because of this game that Frankie modified his Golden Throne list to include 6 ravagers, 6 venoms and 1 wraithknight. From thereon, Frankie went on to dominate his first 4 games at he Golden Throne before he finally got eliminated by Reece's army in the Semi-finals.

Overall, it is a very nasty list. It's probably got only 2 hard counters, both of which I run coincidentally - mechdar and necron tesla-spam. Venom-spam against mechdar is like terivgon-spam tyranids against venom-spam....it really isn't pretty.




6th Edition Tournaments: Golden Throne GT 2012 - 1st .....Bay Area Open GT 2013 - Best Tyranids
ATC 2013 - Team Fluffy Bunnies - 1st .....LVO GT 2014 Team Tournament - Best Generals
7th Edition: 2015-16 ITC Best Grey Knights, 2015-16 ITC Best Tyranids
Jy2's 6th Edition Battle Report Thread - Links.....Jy2's 7th Edition Battle Report Thread - Links
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Thanks for the batrep. I am currently building an Iyanden themed army list, mostly on foot. I think either list featured here would have the advantage over mine. Good to know though.
   
Made in us
Major




Fortress of Solitude

 jy2 wrote:
My list for this game:


2000 Jy2's Double-Whammy Mechdar


Autarch - "the Works" (Mantle, Jetbike, Shard of Anaris, Fusion, Laser Lance, Banshee Mask)

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

10x Guardians
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

5x Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent - TL-Scatters, Holo-fields

Wraithknight (stock)
Wraithknight


Just a little background on our game. We played this game before the Golden Throne GT as practice for the Golden Throne (at least for Frankie). It was because of this game that Frankie modified his Golden Throne list to include 6 ravagers, 6 venoms and 1 wraithknight. From thereon, Frankie went on to dominate his first 4 games at he Golden Throne before he finally got eliminated by Reece's army in the Semi-finals.

Overall, it is a very nasty list. It's probably got only 2 hard counters, both of which I run coincidentally - mechdar and necron tesla-spam. Venom-spam against mechdar is like terivgon-spam tyranids against venom-spam....it really isn't pretty.




That is a brutal list, would love to try my luck against it sometime.

Celesticon 2013 Warhammer 40k Tournament- Best General
Sydney August 2014 Warhammer 40k Tournament-Best General 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Eye of Terror

Sorry but boring and predictable outcome. Massacres like that aren't very entertaining.

My blog... http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com

Facebook...
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est/

DT:60+S++++G++++M+++B+++I+++Pw40k89/d#++D+++A++++/eWD150R++++T(T)DM+++ 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





San Jose, CA

 ImotekhTheStormlord wrote:

That is a brutal list, would love to try my luck against it sometime.

Just give me a PM if you want to play. I'm almost always there at GK on Thurs evenings.


 Dozer Blades wrote:
Sorry but boring and predictable outcome. Massacres like that aren't very entertaining.

Maybe not, but those are the types of matchups that are likely to occur in tournament play (which this game was a practice for).

In any case, Frankie gained valuable experience from this game that helped to better prepare him for the Golden Throne.


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/08/27 04:25:58



6th Edition Tournaments: Golden Throne GT 2012 - 1st .....Bay Area Open GT 2013 - Best Tyranids
ATC 2013 - Team Fluffy Bunnies - 1st .....LVO GT 2014 Team Tournament - Best Generals
7th Edition: 2015-16 ITC Best Grey Knights, 2015-16 ITC Best Tyranids
Jy2's 6th Edition Battle Report Thread - Links.....Jy2's 7th Edition Battle Report Thread - Links
 
   
Made in us
Raging Ravener



San Francisco

even if it wasn't close I appreciate the discussion on WHY it wasn't close so this video was still very helpful. Ty!

20k+
10k+
 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




poor poor Frankie, he really took it like a champ though.
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






San Diego, California

Yeah, Frankie got rolled, but he is a really good sport. He seriously is one of the most fun people to play 40K with I have ever met.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Eye of Terror

I doubt we will see a rematch.

My blog... http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com

Facebook...
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est/

DT:60+S++++G++++M+++B+++I+++Pw40k89/d#++D+++A++++/eWD150R++++T(T)DM+++ 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





San Jose, CA

 Dozer Blades wrote:
I doubt we will see a rematch.

Actually, there was, only this time, he brought his new 6-ravager Deldar Golden Throne list and I brought my wraithwing tesla-crons.

But I won't bore you with the details.





Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Reecius wrote:
Yeah, Frankie got rolled, but he is a really good sport. He seriously is one of the most fun people to play 40K with I have ever met.

Yeah, he maintains a positive attitude even when he's getting steam-rolled or when his dice is downright disastrous.

Though I've also seen him have his share of steamrolling his opponents as well.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/08/28 02:00:41



6th Edition Tournaments: Golden Throne GT 2012 - 1st .....Bay Area Open GT 2013 - Best Tyranids
ATC 2013 - Team Fluffy Bunnies - 1st .....LVO GT 2014 Team Tournament - Best Generals
7th Edition: 2015-16 ITC Best Grey Knights, 2015-16 ITC Best Tyranids
Jy2's 6th Edition Battle Report Thread - Links.....Jy2's 7th Edition Battle Report Thread - Links
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Eye of Terror

Frankie is a solid player. : )

My blog... http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com

Facebook...
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est/

DT:60+S++++G++++M+++B+++I+++Pw40k89/d#++D+++A++++/eWD150R++++T(T)DM+++ 
   
Made in us
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker





Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high

Yowch, thats a tough one to take.
As long as everyone has fun at the end of the day rolling dice and making jokes, whats the difference

Bedouin Dynasty: 10000 pts
The Silver Lances: 4000 pts
The Custodes Winter Watch 4000 pts

MajorStoffer wrote:
...
Sternguard though, those guys are all about kicking ass. They'd chew bubble gum as well, but bubble gum is heretical. Only tau chew gum. 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




midlands UK

i didnt like it

Blood Ravens, 1700pts

Empire 40 wounds

Astra Militarum 2250pts

Khorne 750pts

Space Wolves 1550pts

Orks 500pts

 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Battle Reports
Go to: