Switch Theme:

67th of Heimat (Imperial Guard)- Fluff  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

Well I just got my very own Wargames Factory models for my IG army. I decided to make my very own regiment. Haven't made too much fluff for the army, and I won't bore you with that I have made, but it pretty much a German army... IN SPESS!!! I'm pretty excited so I decided to make this to track my progress. Currently I'm not a very good painter but I hoping to get better. So through the course of this hopefully we'll see an improvement. And here it is.
EDIT: Here's the link to my fluff (currently a WIP)

This is my army so far.




These are the squads.

Next are going to be some special soldiers.


My commander standing on a body of a CSM. The head of the CSM has two bullet holes. One through the eye and the other in the fore head.

This is a platoon leader standing on a broken symbol of Khorne.

This is a grenade launcher with the head of a CSM.

The guardsmen holds a severed DE head while holding his plasma gun.

So this is it for now. I hope to begin painting soon and have some pictures of that up soon. Feel free to leave any comments or whatever you like.

This message was edited 15 times. Last update was at 2014/01/03 16:08:52


A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in se
Obergefreiter





Sweden

Nice to see someone dare use unofficial models for a change, i mean, there's barly any GW sanctioned events any more.

i like the models for theese guys, but i don't really care for their weapons. but a nice paintjob might change that, so here's to seeing them painted

Secrets of the Third Reich P&M Log:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/549920.page

3k
 
   
Made in gb
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine





*bursts though room with axe* HEEEAAARRRS JHONNY!!!

Awesome I really like the style of these guys, cant wait to see these guys in your Batreps

Also post down your fluff you wont be boring us, and may be a fun read

Night Lords (40k): 3500pts
Klan Zaw Klan: 4000pts

 Grey Templar wrote:

Orks don't hate, they just love. Love to fight everyone.


Whatever you use.. It's Cheesy, broken and OP  
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

Well I realize now I forgot to upload some of the army. Here's two models that you've probably never seen before.




Here's my Marbo. I like him as he is truly my own.





So this model may need some explaining. It shows a guardsman with a cut throat and a knife in his chest with a comrade next to him. So you may ask, "Insane Smile, why would you show one of your soldiers in a model dead? Aren't they all supposed to be unkillable bad-asses?" Or you thought something completely different, but I don't know. Well something I always loved about the Imperial Guard is that they are humble. From the codecs I've looked through I've don"t think I've ever seen a person from that codex dead or dying. I could be completely wrong (please tell me if I am) but I just like how you can see IG dead everywhere in their codex. This may just be me, but I wanted to put it in a model. What is yours thoughts on dead in models?

So this is a small update and I really hope to begin painting soon (as I've sadly haven't been able to so far, stupid life and stuff).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2013/09/27 02:20:22


A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

So I've made my test model and was wondering what you guys thought. Any C&C what so ever is very much appreciated.





This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/09/28 21:00:10


A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in us
Boosting Space Marine Biker






The model looks nice. the only thing I would say is, maybe put on place some edge highlights along the coat and Flak Armor.

Other than that Im liking the look of the guys, I just have a small issue with no GW parts. Its just me dont worry I would still play with ya in a fight.


Click the banner to check out my blog, and leave some feedback.

DIY 3450pts 1000pts 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

Thanks for the input. Messing around earlier on the army painter thingy and cam up with a rough paint scheme for a LRBT.

Now intend to change this slightly (such as add more details to com and such), but this is the basic concept. Please tell me what you think.

A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in se
Obergefreiter





Sweden

I like your test model, his pose seems to say "did i leave the gas on?"
i like the paint scheme you are going for, very Helghast. but i think it needs some more colour, something to break up the red and black maybe some gray or white squares for some kind of urban or dazzle camouflage

Secrets of the Third Reich P&M Log:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/549920.page

3k
 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

 Psycho_Mantis wrote:
I like your test model, his pose seems to say "did i leave the gas on?"
i like the paint scheme you are going for, very Helghast. but i think it needs some more colour, something to break up the red and black maybe some gray or white squares for some kind of urban or dazzle camouflage


I think he might have left the gas on, but don't tell the commissar . Thanks and that's kinda what I was talking about with the extra details. I was planning on dry brushing the tracks brown too. Thank you very much for the support Psycho!

A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

Just finished my commander! Here he is. Feel free to ask what ever you want or say what ever you think.










A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut



Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK

 Insane Smile wrote:


So this model may need some explaining. It shows a guardsman with a cut throat and a knife in his chest with a comrade next to him. So you may ask, "Insane Smile, why would you show one of your soldiers in a model dead? Aren't they all supposed to be unkillable bad-asses?" Or you thought something completely different, but I don't know. Well something I always loved about the Imperial Guard is that they are humble. From the codecs I've looked through I've don"t think I've ever seen a person from that codex dead or dying. I could be completely wrong (please tell me if I am) but I just like how you can see IG dead everywhere in their codex. This may just be me, but I wanted to put it in a model. What is yours thoughts on dead in models?


i like wounded/dying/dead models in any army but especially guard, it lets you know that they arent all playing paintball. i think heavy weapons teams are a great place for things like this and other mini dioramas due to the larger base size.

on the painting front i would, as already suggested, add a few highlights and maybe try out a wash?

   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

Radu Lykan wrote:
 Insane Smile wrote:


So this model may need some explaining. It shows a guardsman with a cut throat and a knife in his chest with a comrade next to him. So you may ask, "Insane Smile, why would you show one of your soldiers in a model dead? Aren't they all supposed to be unkillable bad-asses?" Or you thought something completely different, but I don't know. Well something I always loved about the Imperial Guard is that they are humble. From the codecs I've looked through I've don"t think I've ever seen a person from that codex dead or dying. I could be completely wrong (please tell me if I am) but I just like how you can see IG dead everywhere in their codex. This may just be me, but I wanted to put it in a model. What is yours thoughts on dead in models?


i like wounded/dying/dead models in any army but especially guard, it lets you know that they arent all playing paintball. i think heavy weapons teams are a great place for things like this and other mini dioramas due to the larger base size.

on the painting front i would, as already suggested, add a few highlights and maybe try out a wash?


Just wondering, would you have one of the two gunners dead or a third body along with the two who are firing the gun? I hoped that made sense.

A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Ultramarine Predator Pilot






San Jose, California

Edge highlights never killed anyone. but the models are shaping up well

being recalculated~4.5k 750 875 My p&m blog where there are space marines http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/545810.page DA:90+S+G++M++B--I+Pw40k12+D+A++/wWD-R+T(M)DM+
 TheDraconicLord wrote:
Holy crap, you have been pumping out Smurfs like a man-possessed
 Kid_Kyoto wrote:

Morris, tragically sold his soul to the Chaos Gods of Flowers, Dancing, Laughter and Friendship. The Morris Heresy is on record as the shortest and least successful heresy in Imperial history.
 Camkierhi wrote:
thats the best group of ass I've seen on the net, and I've looked at alot.
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut



Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK

 Insane Smile wrote:
Radu Lykan wrote:
 Insane Smile wrote:


So this model may need some explaining. It shows a guardsman with a cut throat and a knife in his chest with a comrade next to him. So you may ask, "Insane Smile, why would you show one of your soldiers in a model dead? Aren't they all supposed to be unkillable bad-asses?" Or you thought something completely different, but I don't know. Well something I always loved about the Imperial Guard is that they are humble. From the codecs I've looked through I've don"t think I've ever seen a person from that codex dead or dying. I could be completely wrong (please tell me if I am) but I just like how you can see IG dead everywhere in their codex. This may just be me, but I wanted to put it in a model. What is yours thoughts on dead in models?


i like wounded/dying/dead models in any army but especially guard, it lets you know that they arent all playing paintball. i think heavy weapons teams are a great place for things like this and other mini dioramas due to the larger base size.

on the painting front i would, as already suggested, add a few highlights and maybe try out a wash?


Just wondering, would you have one of the two gunners dead or a third body along with the two who are firing the gun? I hoped that made sense.



Both, it's not like you won't have many of them, a couple of them with a few of your most regular opponents corpses wouldn't hurt either

   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick





Georgia

So I know I haven't posted in a while (even though I've made a lot of progress with my models) due to a multitude of this. Since my camera isn't working I decided to give an update that involves fluff instead of actual model. This is very much a work in progress. If you have any comment or concerns feel free to share them. Here's it is: http://warhammer40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/67th_of_Heimat (This link is having some problems, please use the one at the top). This site is a wiki for fan made stuff. I have only started this recently and I'm just figuring out the mechanics and such. Please enjoy!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/07/18 00:07:28


A short I'm writing in Dakka Fiction
My blog!
 cincydooley wrote:
It don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
1,500 Points II 1,500 Points II 125
Have a nice day. 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: