Switch Theme:

Hero Quest 25th Anniversary - Finished 675,940€  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Myrmidon Officer

NC

http://www.lanzanos.com/proyectos/heroquest-25-aniversario/necesidades/

Stretch Goals:
Spoiler:

We present to you a new tribute game to the memorable HEROQUEST board game on the occasion of its 25th anniversary. In this new edition you will find new illustrations, new miniatures, new cards, a new board... All contents are new and fresh, to the highest possible standards as to pay a suitable tribute to the game that marked an era.

Introduction

We are not saying anything new if we say that there was a 'before' and an 'after' in our lives with HeroQuest. You have read it put in many ways, but all of them have the same roots in dreams, thanksgiving and nostalgia in common.

Months ago, a partner of mine shared a link which led to a change.org petition. It was, at least, a wholehearted petition, but hiding an urge that, surprisingly enough, many of us shared without knowing: a conmemorative edition was demanded for to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

When I talked about it with a friend, he made me understand that the petition was really open, not focused to a single company. It was a petition made mainly to two big fishes, but open to any third party. It was practically as if someone had put up a challenge. And what we did at GameZone was to accept it.

After that came weeks of studying the legal aspects of the matter and getting in touch with people who could allow us to face this project. We quickly knew that no big fish was going to undertake this endeavour. It was complicated, costly and there was not enough time. Big companies have to plan their strategies with plenty of time, and none of them had announced anything nor planned to. The time left to get it done was simply too little. But not for a small fish.

We could react in time and focus all our efforts in the development of this commemorative edition. It was now or never. Or we got to the task right away, or no one would. And there would be no HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition.

The time lapse we have to achieve our goal is small, but enough for us. With the fundings raised thanks to this crowdfunding initiative we will be able to end the creative stage and prototypes, so we can start producing the actual components by early 2014. We have the knowledge and the tools, not the funds. The money we now ask for.

With the right funding this HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition will see the light just in time for next year Christmas time, fulfilling the desires of countless fans, among which we are included.

LET'S GIVE THIS CLASSIC THE TRIBUTE IT DESERVES

~ HEROQUEST 25th ANNIVERSARY ~

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/552708.page

This message was edited 20 times. Last update was at 2014/02/13 23:03:44

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

Well at least interest means there are a load of original sets on ebay at the moment.....

Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka

I had quick look through Lanzanos when they mentioned this a few days ago the FAQ is in Spanish and I ran it through google translate but it seems be saying that the money is taken as soon as the project reaches it's funding goal not at the end of the project and if you pledge after the funding goal is met the money is taken striaght away - so just be aware of this if you are pledging once your in your in.

When did you actually make the payment?

The payment will be done automatically when the project reaches its economic objective. Otherwise no payment will be made. If the project has already achieved 100% funding and is supported by a patron, a patron told him directly charged.

How a creative cobra the size of your project when it reaches 100%?

When a project reaches 100% of the stipulated funding are charged to all patrons. We must bear in mind that at first has preauthorized credit card and Paypal for all patrons. But at the time of making the charges to cards paypal or how to prevent incidents operation-no balance in the account, the card has expired may arise, has been removed from ... -. When a project reaches 100% charge is released to all patrons. The charges to patrons do once they arrived at 100% will be charged immediately. If the patron has paid via Paypal, the payment will go directly to the mind of the creator of the project, having previously subtracted Paypal fee and commission Lánzanos. If the patron has paid via credit card, the charge will go to the bank account Lánzanos, where it will remain until the project is completed on time and close. At the time of closing Lánzanos make a bank transfer for the support credit card Lánzanos subtracting the commission and the Bank. When a project is considered complete? 10 days after when it has reached the end of the project deadline. Why? As explained in the operation may be a% of the votes at the time of collecting have given error immediately Lánzanos write these patrons to make effective support. We left 10 days to do so because once the project is closed and no more support allows any vouchers nor validate that the project may have.

At all times the author of the project within your project file in the My Support section can export data from their patrons and know the status of payment is (preauthorized, charged, error recovery, payment voucher)

As I say that's google translate (hence the cobra?) hopefully someone with proper Spanish will check and confirm or amend what I said above.

The project doesn't go live straight away 100 people have to vote for it in the box section first.

Lanzanos accepts Paypal.

I'll follow with interest but I can't see myself tying up €100+ in this project given it's recent troubles.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2013/12/23 13:10:56

Made in us
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine

Puget sound region, WA

What's keeping this from the exact same fate as before?

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

New Jersey, USA

 Absolutionis wrote:
The other thread was closed down. Rather than reopening those two chapters of the book, let's open a new one:

According to GameZone's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/GamezoneMiniatu

HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition will be being rerelaunched on crowdfunding site Lanzanos December 23rd at 1700h Spain time (11:00am US East Coast time).

Lunes 23 diciembre 17:00h (hora española): inicio de la campaña de #Heroquest 25 Aniversario #HQ25TH en http://lanzanos.com

https://twitter.com/GamezoneMiniatu/status/414810253851496448

My Spanish is limited to online translators, correct me if I'm misinterpreting anything.

Let's keep the armchair lawyering to a minimum, please.

Interesting... So rather then solve the problems keeping them from launching on one of the well known crowd funding platforms they decide instead to more and more obscure platforms.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

Luck ?

A funding site that has actually been told of the issues before they launch ?

They should be OK with a Spanish funding site since they do have the Spanish IP,

I suspect the reason the last campaign was pulled was more to do with them not telling the funding site what they were potentially getting into

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

Third time's the charm

Good luck, those of you who are going in for it.

Made in us
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

Va

This is turning into a bad joke. I want a new heroquest as much as the next guy, but you'd have to be really hard up for it to back this project after all the nonsense that has been surrounding it.

Good luck I suppose, I have a feeling its gonna need it.

Check out my Deadzone/40k/necromunda blog here!

Made in us
Haughty Harad Serpent Rider

Richmond, VA

I'll be (re)backing. Some of the finest figures in my collection are Gamezone, and Gamezone customer service has always been excellent at handling any issues I may have (shout outs to Cristina and Isabel) - in fact just a few days ago they added some freebies to a direct order because there was a delay sending it. I also specifically want a high quality replacement set for HeroQuest, and I specifically want to give my money to Gamezone to do it as I doubt anyone else in the world* could pull off the quality that I desire in a remake.

* well, other than Mierce or Avatars of War, but they are both in the midst of fulfilling their own crowdfunding campaigns.

"...and special thanks to Judgedoug!" - Alessio Cavatore "Now you've gone too far Doug! ... Too far... " - Rick Priestley "I've decided that I'd rather not have you as a member of TMP." - Editor, The Miniatures Page "I'd rather put my testicles through a mangle than spend any time gaming with you." - Richard, TooFatLardies "We need a Doug Craig in every store." - Warlord Games "Thank you for being here, Judge Doug!" - Adam Troke

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

From the Spanish posters commenting in the last thread, I got the impression that GameZone is now a one-man operation (outsourcing sculpting). Are you sure Cristina and Isabel still work there?

Made in us
Haughty Harad Serpent Rider

Richmond, VA

 RiTides wrote:
From the Spanish posters commenting in the last thread, I got the impression that GameZone is now a one-man operation (outsourcing sculpting). Are you sure Cristina and Isabel still work there?

I'm pretty sure Gamezone has always been a few people and they've always outsourced sculpting to a handful of Spanish sculptors. AFAIK the guy that owns Gamezone owns a company that does molding and casting for other miniatures companies in Spain/Europe, and "Gamezone" is the branding for his own product line. One of the big deals for the plastic Dark and High Elves that Gamezone has been releasing are actually made locally in that workshop, in Spain, not from a Chinese factory.

But to answer your question, both Isabel and Cristina work there as of last Thursday. Here's a response from then (cut out some personal information bits)

The spam reference is (actually if you read my last post on the Deadzone thread I mentioned this) my email address has been spoofed and used to send out junk mail so I've become blacklisted and causing it to not go through (has happened to Mantic, Avatars of War, and Gamezone among other friends and companies), which is what the first part of this email addresses.

I had asked a couple questions - regarding the crowdfunding and also the different in stock levels between their German distributor and their homebase in Spain, as the plastic Dark Elves and the just released plastic High Elves keep selling out and I'd like to get more but I have to keep jumping between distributors (gamezoneminiatures.de, e-minis.net, waylandgames.co.uk, etc) to try to find one place that has all the stuff in stock at once so I'm not ordering a few items each from several places, so I wound up ordering directly from them.

Anyone can email Gamezone and ask them any questions http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/es/contactenos

Gamezone Miniatures
Dec 19 (4 days ago)

to me

Hi Douglas

For some strange reason your emails were being rejected as spam. We're checking our emails and we determined that none of your posts have been answered. Sorry for that.

Although big delay, I will try to answer you, using a single email to all your questions.

This summer we are in a big gap production trying to meet commissions from other miniatures companies in our workshop. This brought us stockouts on our official distributors. This was already solved. Next week our fellows on Germany will receive items enough. Resin requests exceeded our expectations.

[SNIP personal info, stock levels, etc]

To compensate you, please, let us send to you a gift.

And finally, about HQ25, the game who seems cursed, next weekend we'll reload the campaign in a Spanish crowdfunding site, www.lanzanos.com

This time, hopefully without interruption. We're matching our creative schedule and I know that next week we also receive three new machines to reinforce our production capacity, in order to HQ25.

Thank your for your patience and excuse my poor English.

Un saludo.

Isabel.

The followup conversation was about shipping times etc then it turned to VAT questions so Cristina took over, as there's a lower limit to exclude VAT from international orders and I wanted to know the line (when your order reaches that you automatically get a voucher code for the amount on their website which you enter in and it removes the VAT)

Gamezone Miniatures
Dec 19 (4 days ago)

to me

Devolvemos el iva(VAT) SI EL PEDIDO ES COMO MÍNIMO 90.15€ COMO MARCA LA LEY.

Gracias
Cristina
Gamezone