Switch Theme:

Legions Imperialis news and rumors. SA super heavies. p.227  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan

artific3r wrote:
I just want new Epic models on par with the new AT/Aeronautica kits.

Yeah, I have loads of old Epic models but it's like standard definition versus 4k when placed next to recent plastic kits for AT. Looking forward to seeing how they look with 30+ years of improving technology.

Plus while my local club does have several AT players, most of them will only consider buying into Epic if official plastics are available. 3D printing (and especially designs shared via word-of-mouth) is sadly a bit too much effort for many folks.

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

4k v 8k v standard definition

to be honest I'd play 405 line black and white if the rules were where they needed to be

GW are likely to produce some very nice models, this is not an issue I'm bothered about.

I also agree a "supported" and actually available game is something stores will support more than the current situation

3d printing is fine, if you have one and the time to use it, or know someone who has, otherwise its the locked filing cabinet with "beward of the leopard" syndrome

Made in gb
Been Around the Block

artific3r wrote:
I just want new Epic models on par with the new AT/Aeronautica kits.

Agreed, I have a lot of old epic models, from 1st Ed to epic 40K, but I want to paint and play with something that looks correctly sized with my AT and AI.
I love the GW aesthetic, and while there are proxies, they just don’t look right for me.
I could 3D print, but my hobby time is limited, and 3D printing is a whole extra hobby.
GW plastic epic gives me everything I want, sure I pay a premium for that, but even if I ditch the rules I still get to paint what I want to paint.

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

I want to build Armies for all 18 Legions...

Made in at
Longtime Dakkanaut

RazorEdge wrote:
I want to build Armies for all 18 Legions...

Same, and then play normal HH just with tiny models

Made in gb
Been Around the Block

RazorEdge wrote:
I want to build Armies for all 18 Legions...

Same here, already have flyers ready for them.

Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader

Oakland, CA

RazorEdge wrote:
I want to build Armies for all 18 Legions...

I don't know about an army for each, but some sort of display piece with that would be pretty cool...

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

 schoon wrote:
RazorEdge wrote:
I want to build Armies for all 18 Legions...

I don't know about an army for each, but some sort of display piece with that would be pretty cool...

Triumph at Ullanor diorama?

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

Let's hope for Mk2 to 4 Armours..

Then YES

Made in gb
Joined the Military for Authentic Experience

On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

Sorry for people that get sick of me posting this, but if you want to play Epic right now, there is a pretty healthy (and generally very friendly) community, lots of free rules, great miniatures available (either proxy or 3D prints).

There is a thread here on Dakka to help, or join the Epic Middlehammer facebook group which has many thousands of members and tons of hobby content.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page

My Crusade-era World Eaters Legion in the spoiler below. This was made entirely using Vanguard miniatures and some 3D prints as well as some classic (and modern) GW stuff. So even if GW drop a bombshell and reveal that this is just some mobile game they have been hinting at, you can find a way (and if I can do it, anyone can!)

Spoiler:

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Pacific wrote:
Sorry for people that get sick of me posting this, but if you want to play Epic right now, there is a pretty healthy (and generally very friendly) community, lots of free rules, great miniatures available (either proxy or 3D prints).

There is a thread here on Dakka to help, or join the Epic Middlehammer facebook group which has many thousands of members and tons of hobby content.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page

My Crusade-era World Eaters Legion in the spoiler below. This was made entirely using Vanguard miniatures and some 3D prints as well as some classic (and modern) GW stuff. So even if GW drop a bombshell and reveal that this is just some mobile game they have been hinting at, you can find a way (and if I can do it, anyone can!)

Spoiler:

Just wanted to echo this. We've been really welcomed into this community, and my wife and I are awed by the excellent fans/players, and just how great and healthy the game is. Don't wait on GW if you're on the fence!

11527pts Total (7400pts painted)

4980pts Total (4980pts painted)

3730 Total (210pts painted)

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

RazorEdge wrote:lol, Valrak announced a Video for Epic next week...

which still didn't happened...

Pacific wrote:Sorry for people that get sick of me posting this, but if you want to play Epic right now, there is a pretty healthy (and generally very friendly) community, lots of free rules, great miniatures available (either proxy or 3D prints).

There is a thread here on Dakka to help, or join the Epic Middlehammer facebook group which has many thousands of members and tons of hobby content.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page

My Crusade-era World Eaters Legion in the spoiler below. This was made entirely using Vanguard miniatures and some 3D prints as well as some classic (and modern) GW stuff. So even if GW drop a bombshell and reveal that this is just some mobile game they have been hinting at, you can find a way (and if I can do it, anyone can!)

This:

tauist wrote:Because I'm in this hobby because of GW and their IP, and I want to play with official GW models without breaking the bank (2nd edition Space Marine stuff is hard to find on ebay, and is always overpriced). You do you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2023/06/03 09:30:11

Made in gb
Joined the Military for Authentic Experience

On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

Yep that is fair enough and completely your prerogative RazorEdge. I think a lot of people think similarly. But, my post was just to make people aware that there are other options available, in the event that they didn't know of it.

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page

Made in fi
Posts with Authority

Not at all, nice to see some miniatures for a change!

While we waiting on more news, why not post the most memorable minis picts from Epic?

Made in de
Servoarm Flailing Magos

Germany

RazorEdge wrote:
RazorEdge wrote:lol, Valrak announced a Video for Epic next week...

which still didn't happened...

IIRC that was said on a sunday, so it might have meant the coming week, not this one Depending on where you're from, you might be familiar with formulations like 'Montag in acht Tagen'

Spoiler:
It's an expression monstly found in southern Germany, that is generally used to say e.g. 'The monday after next monday', irrespective of it being actually eight days. Very khornate if you think about it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2023/06/03 11:17:30

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Pacific wrote:
Yep that is fair enough and completely your prerogative RazorEdge. I think a lot of people think similarly. But, my post was just to make people aware that there are other options available, in the event that they didn't know of it.

Oh, I print Stuff my self, and if the plan to give us Mk6 Marines, I will print some in Mk2 to Mk4 Armours.

Made in gb
Joined the Military for Authentic Experience

On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

I really hope they do go with Beakie marines, and it would definitely bring things around full circle, as that was the first ever epic marine in first edition Space Marine.

Since Tauist asked here is a Mk6 guy, but from a print (this is a 'field police' unit, ref. the old Rogue Trader fluff). I would love a reasonably priced plastic sprue of something similar.

One of my favourite moments from a recent game was these guys minding an auxiliary unit of Beastmen - they were taking some severe casualties but the field police unit was keeping them in line. Unluckily for them a Gargant belly-gun shot came through a building and landed squarely on the field police unit. The Beastmen then decided to withdraw at that point..

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page

Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer

 Pacific wrote:
I really hope they do go with Beakie marines, and it would definitely bring things around full circle, as that was the first ever epic marine in first edition Space Marine.

Since Tauist asked here is a Mk6 guy, but from a print (this is a 'field police' unit, ref. the old Rogue Trader fluff). I would love a reasonably priced plastic sprue of something similar.

Those look very cool. As to the bolded part, well... we're talking GW here ^^

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

New Rumors

>Game is named "Warhammer The Horus Heresy - Legiones Imperalis"
>Box Set is Space Marines vs Imperial Army

SM vs. Guard sounds Stupid for HH; SM & Guard vs. SM & Guard makes more sense in my Opinion.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2023/06/07 18:06:33

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Their "source" wouldn't happen to be...Dakkadakka, by any chance?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2023/06/07 18:55:03

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

Made in fi
Posts with Authority

I like the idea of a split box between imperial army & marines, it's even better than just having marines only. You can either split it or combine it, but you still get models for both factions in a singular box.

And the rules being based on earlier editions, but being brand new, that could work ok, KT21 is a great example of a successful rules refresh from the recent GW era.

Late Summer sounds kind of early, I'd reckon early autumn at the earliest

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

There is a saying that GW Staff got a ban for making Holidays in October...

Made in de
Servoarm Flailing Magos

Germany

RazorEdge wrote:
There is a saying that GW Staff got a ban for making Holidays in October...

Where is that one coming from?

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Interesting tidbit from the Adeptus Titanicus thread:

twentypence wrote:
Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, but apologies if it has.

The graviton and conversion weapons for AT have SKUs with product range 26 rather than 03 which the rest of the AT range uses.

In my mind it would be an odd choice to do that unless GW are planning to have the Epic and AT ranges continue as separate ranges with future releases for both.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11850/716640.page#11544092

and the follow-up:

03 was used by Forge World up until the last two releases, and all the GW products (including the last two books)

SKU shenanigans usually mean things are gearing up, but who knows.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2023/06/07 20:23:31

Made in au
Regular Dakkanaut

The new rumours for Epic of the Space Marine vs Imperial Army makes sense looking at it from the view of aircraft as well.

Aeronautica Imperialis gave us Imperial Navy aircraft and Space Marine ones, including flyers that were around at the time of the Heresy.

As the models exist already I can see them adding a few flyers for both in the game, whether in a starter box or separate addition later on. Easy inclusion really, helps fill out force slots faster and makes for a great combined arms look too.

Personally I'd rather have the Imperial Army and Space Marines working together instead of against but maybe this is just to start with. Maybe there will be rules to use as allies in the future. Maybe there could be options like in the Horus Heresy where your force could be loyalist or traitor.

Either way it's good news if true because having 2 factions to start with is better than one. Having options is better.

Made in us
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine

Puget sound region, WA

My only hope is they don't change the base size half way through the game's life. That was awful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2023/06/08 01:55:45

Made in us
Executing Exarch

lost_lilliputian wrote:

Personally I'd rather have the Imperial Army and Space Marines working together instead of against but maybe this is just to start with. Maybe there will be rules to use as allies in the future. Maybe there could be options like in the Horus Heresy where your force could be loyalist or traitor.

If the info is accurate, my suspicion is that you'll be able to use both, like you could in Epic (though maybe only with one as your core, and the other as attached auxiliaries). But the box is being sold as a two-player starter, so the advertising is going to be marines versus army, with one player taking the marines, and the other player taking the army.

That's assuming that the rumor is correct, of course. Valrak does note at the start of the video that everything he says should be taken with extra large heapings of salt. And it should be noted that he's not wearing his foil hat (which is his indication that he believes the current rumor is particularly reliable).

Made in au
Axis & Allies Player

 Moopy wrote:
My only hope is they don't change the base size half way through the game's life. That was awful.

When did that happen?

Do you mean when Epic 40,000 switched to long rectangular bases instead of the old squares? The rules for that edition said you could keep using the old bases if you wanted to--both had advantages and disadvantages under the new ruleset.

Unfortunately GW forgot to explain that in White Dwarf. (It was hidden away at the back of one of the rulebooks in the boxed game.) A lot of people probably assumed they had to rebase all their stuff even though they didn't, and refused to play. Just one of many missteps made with that edition.

I put my Epic 40K Orks on 20 mm circular boardgame counters.

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

Tsagualsa wrote:

Where is that one coming from?

From two user from a german Forum, one is working for a Warhammer Store (he says) and the other has a friend at a Store (he says). Both said independent from each other (in different Threads) that for GW Staff it is forbidden to get free for the full October.

Saw also comments on YT Videos about Epic or TOW with the same Topic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2023/06/08 07:05:16

Made in gb
Joined the Military for Authentic Experience

On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

That video image is the most click-baity preview photo I have seen in a while. All its missing is the shocked face in one corner.

Marines Vs Imperial Army.. doesn't seem right. Although IA make sense at the scale (and Guard were always one of the more popular armies in Epic) how many of the major engagements in the HH book series have been Marine Vs Army? How much imagery is there for the IA? I have been wrong about a number of things recently (genuinely didn't think the space Dwarves would return) but too many things about that don't seem right. I call (testing Dakka swear filter for British slurs) bollocks

 Pacific wrote:
That video image is the most click-baity preview photo I have seen in a while. All its missing is the shocked face in one corner.

Marines Vs Imperial Army.. doesn't seem right. Although IA make sense at the scale (and Guard were always one of the more popular armies in Epic) how many of the major engagements in the HH book series have been Marine Vs Army? How much imagery is there for the IA? I have been wrong about a number of things recently (genuinely didn't think the space Dwarves would return) but too many things about that don't seem right. I call (testing Dakka swear filter for British slurs) bollocks

IA have been referenced frequently during the Siege of Terra at least.

I think it's a fairly welcome surprise that the new game might not just be a mirror match as expected. Especially if you can mix & match forces to include traitor guard & marines vs loyalist guard & marines too.

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: