Switch Theme:

Warlord Games - Mythic Americas  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

I looked at their site and the KS and am still not sure what my options are for buying that winged serpent. Is it available in resin?

   
Made in fi
Charging Wild Rider





 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
I looked at their site and the KS and am still not sure what my options are for buying that winged serpent. Is it available in resin?
Yes, based on the Kickstarter description it will be available in resin (and only in resin; smaller figures in the KS appear to be in metal) - it's under Elemental Beasts about halfway down: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diehardminiatures/diehard-miniatures-wizards-and-their-magics/description

And a very nice sculpt it is too!
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




South New Jersey

Thought I'd update this.

The game has released with the Aztecs and Tribal Nations. Unfortunately, Covid hiccups and lockdowns in the UK messed with some of the initial production and delivery from Warlord, so some of the units for the initial release were delayed from December to January.

Meanwhile, the Monstrosities for the Maya and Inca have been previewed:


Maras, for the Inca


Camazotz, for the Maya

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/01/11 19:05:07


   
Made in us
Committed Chaos Cult Marine






On the Crimson Path

If I wasn't so deep into the war games I already have or had an RPG group I know would want to play Totems of the Dead, I'd probably be in. Totems of the Dead basically being an Americas companion to something like Conan the Barbarian's Hyboria. I thought the setting was quite refreshing to the standard Euro-centric stuff fantasy usually does as well as very well done for a very niche pen and paper rpg. I especially liked the idea of using Native American mythology (which too few U.S. Americans know all that much about) that would otherwise feel very out of place in a typical D&D game.



I don't see me having the time to paint up the minis nor the opportunity to make much use of them. I hope it does well as I want to see what more the line add for the North American side of things.

   
Made in us
Wicked Canoptek Wraith




Sentient Void

During the summer lock-down I started painting a 40+ unit Inuit warband. When people asked what I was painting them for, I replied, "For some future rules, because I am going to start only painting things I want then find games for the models." And like enlisting the aid of an Angakkuq the design team has worked their magic and created a world to house my models.

I am all in $$$ for Tribal Nations and will be ecstatic if we can eventually make a little side trip to the visit the Maori. Vikings yes, I mean who else will fight Inuit forces for dominance over Greenland? When we get to India I already have some magnificent elephants but am all over multi-armed deity display piece models.

Member of the Coalition for an Asmodee buy out of Games Workshop 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Man these look seriously cool. Probably won't ever have a chance to play the game but I could see myself getting some of the models for other systems.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Saturmorn Carvilli wrote:
II especially liked the idea of using Native American mythology (which too few U.S. Americans know all that much about) that would otherwise feel very out of place in a typical D&D game.
There is a lot wrong with this, but I will settle for pointing out that it does not reflect well to criticize people's knowledge of another people's mythology and in the same sentence lump together the mythology of thousands of years and two continents into one category.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/12 05:54:54


Still trying to be more polite. If you catch me being toxic please call me on it.

Enjoying narrative before matched play, crusading on a path to glory! 
   
Made in fi
Charging Wild Rider





Now those are some pretty nice looking monsters.

Wonder how big they are. For the products already on the webstore, the listing helpfully states that they're 28mm figures...

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Saturmorn Carvilli wrote:
II especially liked the idea of using Native American mythology (which too few U.S. Americans know all that much about) that would otherwise feel very out of place in a typical D&D game.
There is a lot wrong with this, but I will settle for pointing out that it does not reflect well to criticize people's knowledge of another people's mythology and in the same sentence lump together the mythology of thousands of years and two continents into one category.
Besides, I'm pretty sure most people across for instance Europe nowadays are more familiar with Thor as being that good-looking superhero who's friends with the Hulk than the guy who once dressed up as a bride to marry a giant in order to get his hammer back, Greek/Roman gods are barely known beyond their names or the role they played in Disney's Hercules, and Celtic mythology is all but ignored in most of the mainland as far as I'm aware.
   
Made in at
'Jack Scrapper





Austria

celtic mythology on the mainland are from the Asterix Comics

anything else is tricky at best anyway as a lot of stuff was destroyed during that time were some people wanted to change history to having an all germanic heritage (and wrote up fake history to make sure the others are the bad guys) and we still haven't fully recoverred from that

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




South New Jersey

 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Now those are some pretty nice looking monsters.

Wonder how big they are. For the products already on the webstore, the listing helpfully states that they're 28mm figures...


While I don't have any example of those monstrosities , I did a little searching around and found examples of the Aztec and Tribal Nations monstrosities next to regular infantry:


Wendigo, from Facebook


Quetzalcoatl, from Discord

 Tokhuah wrote:
I am all in $$$ for Tribal Nations and will be ecstatic if we can eventually make a little side trip to the visit the Maori. Vikings yes, I mean who else will fight Inuit forces for dominance over Greenland? When we get to India I already have some magnificent elephants but am all over multi-armed deity display piece models.


Yeah, I think I mentioned my interest in India as a faction in Mythic Asia, and I wonder what else would be included. Japan and China, definitely. Mongolia for a mounted faction, like the Normans in SAGA? And how far west will that expand - will it include Persians?

I'd bet the Maori would be in Mythic Earth, which I'm assuming is the "other cultures we didn't get" book.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/12 14:38:31


   
Made in fi
Charging Wild Rider





 infinite_array wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Now those are some pretty nice looking monsters.

Wonder how big they are. For the products already on the webstore, the listing helpfully states that they're 28mm figures...


While I don't have any example of those monstrosities , I did a little searching around and found examples of the Aztec and Tribal Nations monstrosities next to regular infantry:

Spoiler:

Wendigo, from Facebook


Quetzalcoatl, from Discord
Cheers, I think it's safe to say that once we know the price of the new ones, that should give a pretty good indication based on these. Certainly no small critters!
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






I'm going to go on ahead and put Paymasters link in here.

https://www.paymastergames.com/

They have these types of miniatures, and more that people are asking for in here. As to the setting, I'm all in.
I'm devoting around 500.00 to this game, and i haven't even played it yet. These figures themselves sold me, and can do double duty in Shadows of Brimstone, and in Dungeons and Dragons.


Warlord has hit another one out of the park, and the figures themselve3s have a style that I can't put my finger on,. but are comfortable in their look that they look like a real fun time to paint. Even in batches of three or four, they look like a good time.

Congratulations, I haven't been this excited for a new game in a while that I am for this one. Great Job!!

A question- How do these figures stack up and size with Copplestone figures from their High Adventure Range?
You know the only thing missing then would be a couple of Dinosaurs and a Giant Gorilla ...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/01/13 20:07:42




At Games Workshop, we believe that how you behave does matter. We believe this so strongly that we have written it down in the Games Workshop Book. There is a section in the book where we talk about the values we expect all staff to demonstrate in their working lives. These values are Lawyers, Guns and Money. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: