Switch Theme:

New Models: The ATV isn't as funny looking in person.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Argive wrote:
hold up now it doesn't have a base ???? Okay...
Spoletta wrote:
Also, it not being on a base really makes it look like it was intended to be a vehicle.
Because if it had a base, the base would have to be part of the sprue. It's an EZ2B model, so everything has to:

1. Be on the sprue.
2. Not require glue.

It's got nothing to do with its "intent" as a vehicle or anything else. It's just space on the frame.



that doesn't make any sense. if that's your logic then the redemptor dread wouldn't have a base

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

BrianDavion wrote:
that doesn't make any sense. if that's your logic then the redemptor dread wouldn't have a base
But doesn't the Redemptor have a standard sized base?

Of course there are a lot more sizes of base these days, so who knows? Either way, there's nothing illogical about what I said.

   
Made in us
Nimble Skeleton Charioteer





I like the trike conversion. Need some 3D printed armor for the front though.
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
that doesn't make any sense. if that's your logic then the redemptor dread wouldn't have a base
But doesn't the Redemptor have a standard sized base?

Of course there are a lot more sizes of base these days, so who knows? Either way, there's nothing illogical about what I said.


The Repulsor is a Vehicle.

The Repulsor has a base.

Not having a base makes you think the ATV should be a vehicle.

That's the inconsistency.

The ATV is the first new anything in a long long time that doesn't have a base.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Breton wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
that doesn't make any sense. if that's your logic then the redemptor dread wouldn't have a base
But doesn't the Redemptor have a standard sized base?

Of course there are a lot more sizes of base these days, so who knows? Either way, there's nothing illogical about what I said.


The Repulsor is a Vehicle.

The Repulsor has a base.

Not having a base makes you think the ATV should be a vehicle.

That's the inconsistency.

The ATV is the first new anything in a long long time that doesn't have a base.


we where talking the REDEMPTOR

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
that doesn't make any sense. if that's your logic then the redemptor dread wouldn't have a base
But doesn't the Redemptor have a standard sized base?

Of course there are a lot more sizes of base these days, so who knows? Either way, there's nothing illogical about what I said.


The Repulsor is a Vehicle.

The Repulsor has a base.

Not having a base makes you think the ATV should be a vehicle.

That's the inconsistency.

The ATV is the first new anything in a long long time that doesn't have a base.


we where talking the REDEMPTOR


I mentioned the Repulsor. But the Redemptor is also a vehicle. The Redemptor has a base. This is still the first new thing in a long time that doesn't have a base.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Not funny looking, eh?
Then explain this!

Spoiler:

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Breton wrote:
Spoiler:
BrianDavion wrote:
Breton wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
that doesn't make any sense. if that's your logic then the redemptor dread wouldn't have a base
But doesn't the Redemptor have a standard sized base?

Of course there are a lot more sizes of base these days, so who knows? Either way, there's nothing illogical about what I said.


The Repulsor is a Vehicle.

The Repulsor has a base.

Not having a base makes you think the ATV should be a vehicle.

That's the inconsistency.

The ATV is the first new anything in a long long time that doesn't have a base.


we where talking the REDEMPTOR


I mentioned the Repulsor. But the Redemptor is also a vehicle. The Redemptor has a base. This is still the first new thing in a long time that doesn't have a base.


The Skorpius Dunerider would like a word with you. As would, depending on your definition of new, the Immolater and Exorcist.

Walkers have come with suitable bases since at least 3rd edition. Flyers require them to show that they, well, fly. Same with Skimmers, even those that should have tracks instead of anti-grav. Winnow away those three types, and I'd say it is more unusual for a vehicle to have a base than not - the Ork buggies being an exception here, but that may be due to how the Speed Freaks game was designed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/13 07:43:08


2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in gb
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest





Stevenage, UK

a_typical_hero wrote:
Not funny looking, eh?
Then explain this!


YES!! Somebody actually did it. And with such panache, too.

"Hard pressed on my right. My centre is yielding. Impossible to manoeuvre. Situation excellent. I am attacking." - General Ferdinand Foch  
   
Made in gb
Ork-Hunting Inquisitorial Xenokiller





Watch Fortress Excalibris

Umm... I think BrianDavion's point was that the ETB Redemptor Dread came with a regular (not on the sprue, not pushfit) base, therefore HBMC's argument that the ATV lacks a base solely because it's an ETB model is invalid.

Surely I can't be the only one who understood what Brian was on about?

40K has never had a ruleset finely balanced enough for things like 'correct base size' or 'modelling for advantage' to be worth worrying about.

The tournament mindset is a cancer on the hobby.

Warhammer is for everyone... with a six-figure salary. 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 Duskweaver wrote:
Umm... I think BrianDavion's point was that the ETB Redemptor Dread came with a regular (not on the sprue, not pushfit) base, therefore HBMC's argument that the ATV lacks a base solely because it's an ETB model is invalid.

Surely I can't be the only one who understood what Brian was on about?


Oh, outside of scenic bases for characters all the ETB/Press Fit stuff I've seen came with "normal" black bases that just had a predrilled hole for "foot" pegs.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in us
Omnipotent Necron Overlord






It is literally the worst model ever produced in the primaris era. Probably ever. Whatever you have to do to justify including them in your army because they are OP is fine dude. They are perfectly legal to include in your lists. Don't feel bad about it. Just graciously accept the THAT GUY moniker. You can't actually think this model looks good. It is objectively impossible.

If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut



South Africa



I went the opposite direction and trimmed the rear wheel covers off:



I don't think it really fixes the model, but I do like it better.


That's pretty dope. Looks like an Air Droppable vehicle for use behind enemy lines, allowing higher maneuverability, slightly better firepower and (and this is important) ability to transport extra gear. I'd load one down like a Gulf War FAV.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/13 14:08:59


KBK 
   
Made in de
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin




Btw, Myphitic Blight Hauler is probably the closest thing to the ATV. It's a light vehicle, it's ETB, it is a pretty recent model (8th Edition) - it still does have a base. It's not purely standard because it comes with three holes in it that align to the MBHs chains.
   
Made in us
Deathwing Terminator with Assault Cannon





 Xenomancers wrote:
It is literally the worst model ever produced in the primaris era. Probably ever. Whatever you have to do to justify including them in your army because they are OP is fine dude. They are perfectly legal to include in your lists. Don't feel bad about it. Just graciously accept the THAT GUY moniker. You can't actually think this model looks good. It is objectively impossible.


Good to see you still being way off on statements and predictions.
As an initial detractor of the model at first look, it is far better in person. In my opinion, it is better looking than both the Repulsor and Impulsor models, not to mention inceptors.

The biggest downfall to it currently, is that it should have phobos crew and been part of the vanguard.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Xenomancers wrote:
It is literally the worst model ever produced in the primaris era. Probably ever. Whatever you have to do to justify including them in your army because they are OP is fine dude. They are perfectly legal to include in your lists. Don't feel bad about it. Just graciously accept the THAT GUY moniker. You can't actually think this model looks good. It is objectively impossible.


Wow are you really so fething egotistical you think your view on AESTETICS is an absolute?!



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 bullyboy wrote:


The biggest downfall to it currently, is that it should have phobos crew and been part of the vanguard.


I think they're intended to accompany bikes so wear the same armor. now that said, OUTRIDERS being vangaurd would make a lot of sense, but since they're strapped into a vehicle wearing lighter armor would achomplish little

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/14 00:28:44


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Xenomancers wrote:
It is literally the worst model ever produced in the primaris era. Probably ever.




These gentlemen would like a word with you.
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Chicago, Illinois

Did everyone forget about the wonky looking primaris inceptors and the other bizzare models? The ATV is bad but not nearly as bad as the other models in the primaris range which has been very lackluster overall.
   
Made in us
Average Orc Boy



Duluth

It kinda looks like the Tumbler from the Dark Knight batman movies, just smaller and with a dude on a turret
   
Made in gb
Horrific Hive Tyrant





 Asherian Command wrote:
Did everyone forget about the wonky looking primaris inceptors and the other bizzare models? The ATV is bad but not nearly as bad as the other models in the primaris range which has been very lackluster overall.


I love Inceptors! Genuinely, I think they're an awesome model and I dont even mind the flight stands everyone always grumbles about. Its all extremely subjective.
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





I like Inceptors too, but the stands are awful. Even after I figured out it’s a lot easier to stand the model on its head and glue the stand on while pointing up the air, it’s just bad.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in gb
Horrific Hive Tyrant





Breton wrote:
I like Inceptors too, but the stands are awful. Even after I figured out it’s a lot easier to stand the model on its head and glue the stand on while pointing up the air, it’s just bad.


They just need supporting while the plastic glue dries, and given proper time to fully dry (plastic glue takes like 24 hours to fully set). Do that, and I dont have problems. And I have 12 Inceptors.

I really dont get why people have so many issues with them.
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





 Stux wrote:
Breton wrote:
I like Inceptors too, but the stands are awful. Even after I figured out it’s a lot easier to stand the model on its head and glue the stand on while pointing up the air, it’s just bad.


They just need supporting while the plastic glue dries, and given proper time to fully dry (plastic glue takes like 24 hours to fully set). Do that, and I dont have problems. And I have 12 Inceptors.

I really dont get why people have so many issues with them.


the Peg/Hole mechanic was much easier, and non permanent. They didn't need to reinvent the wheel into a more fragile more complicated system I liked Peg/Hole on speeders, (and running legs on Assault Marines) because you could take them off the base during storage and/or they took up less height.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





This thread reeks of desperation lol
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 Nitro Zeus wrote:
This thread reeks of desperation lol


For what? Aesthetics are subjective choice, what is so desperate about it?
   
Made in us
Omnipotent Necron Overlord






Sterling191 wrote:
 Xenomancers wrote:
It is literally the worst model ever produced in the primaris era. Probably ever.




These gentlemen would like a word with you.

Well that is not primaris era. Only issue with those mutilators is the face. The body looks pretty sweet.

This gokart might be the worst model ever though. It is a strong contendor. ESP if you factor in modeling standards of the time. Some early models just look bad - but thats not fair cause all models in the early days look bad IMO.

If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Stux wrote:
 Asherian Command wrote:
Did everyone forget about the wonky looking primaris inceptors and the other bizzare models? The ATV is bad but not nearly as bad as the other models in the primaris range which has been very lackluster overall.


I love Inceptors! Genuinely, I think they're an awesome model and I dont even mind the flight stands everyone always grumbles about. Its all extremely subjective.

Yeah Inceptors aren't bad once you see them in person but the flying Autocannon dudes are a different story.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I like the model. I think it is neat. Its pretty much the reason I jumped on the SM bandwagon. I just wish they could attach to outriders like attack bikes could attach to regular bikes.
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Stux wrote:
 Asherian Command wrote:
Did everyone forget about the wonky looking primaris inceptors and the other bizzare models? The ATV is bad but not nearly as bad as the other models in the primaris range which has been very lackluster overall.


I love Inceptors! Genuinely, I think they're an awesome model and I dont even mind the flight stands everyone always grumbles about. Its all extremely subjective.

Yeah Inceptors aren't bad once you see them in person but the flying Autocannon dudes are a different story.


The ETB Inceptors are bad. Especially around the boots.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Breton wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Stux wrote:
 Asherian Command wrote:
Did everyone forget about the wonky looking primaris inceptors and the other bizzare models? The ATV is bad but not nearly as bad as the other models in the primaris range which has been very lackluster overall.


I love Inceptors! Genuinely, I think they're an awesome model and I dont even mind the flight stands everyone always grumbles about. Its all extremely subjective.

Yeah Inceptors aren't bad once you see them in person but the flying Autocannon dudes are a different story.


The ETB Inceptors are bad. Especially around the boots.

I don't really expect any ETB kit to exactly be great.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: