Switch Theme:

[Modiphius] - Fallout Wasteland Warfare 2021 thread: New Vegas Pre Order, Robobrain. 16/04/21  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
[DCM]
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

For what it's worth I've had a couple of the Raider boxes and other than doing the usual wash in soapy water they have been fine.

That's a great offer with those STL files - the person that I know that has a printer and is putting together some terrain for our group thanks you!

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Word of note. Modiphius uses some really crazy mold release for their resin. I've never bothered to ever clean minis in like 10 years of being in this hobby but whatever they use is the most hydrophobic stuff I've seen.

You'll either need to clean them really well or use enamel spray primers (which seams to be what Modiphius employees recommend).


Its funny, I was chatting with the factory regarding this as its an issue that crops up now and again.

Word is, we use zero mould release on our in house product.

Now, we still use a 3rd party for some kits (including the Enclave) so I'd be interested to hear which kits caused problems (and to be clear I'm not saying the problems don't exist, I have had enough reports to know its out there).

It all helps in terms of me keeping on top of QC and if its isolated to one factory over the other then that is of note. Of course, if its both (or our in house team) then its really weird...

So, I can tell you that yes the Enclave Hellfire set I bought had some kind of mould agent or something that prevented my GW primers from really taking hold.

It's worth noting though that it might not just be a mould release agent. I've done a lot of resin models over the decades, and something I've come across is sometimes it can be the resin itself that causes the issue. After I did a matte varnish undercoat, it took the primer just fine.
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Kanluwen wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Word of note. Modiphius uses some really crazy mold release for their resin. I've never bothered to ever clean minis in like 10 years of being in this hobby but whatever they use is the most hydrophobic stuff I've seen.

You'll either need to clean them really well or use enamel spray primers (which seams to be what Modiphius employees recommend).


Its funny, I was chatting with the factory regarding this as its an issue that crops up now and again.

Word is, we use zero mould release on our in house product.

Now, we still use a 3rd party for some kits (including the Enclave) so I'd be interested to hear which kits caused problems (and to be clear I'm not saying the problems don't exist, I have had enough reports to know its out there).

It all helps in terms of me keeping on top of QC and if its isolated to one factory over the other then that is of note. Of course, if its both (or our in house team) then its really weird...

So, I can tell you that yes the Enclave Hellfire set I bought had some kind of mould agent or something that prevented my GW primers from really taking hold.

It's worth noting though that it might not just be a mould release agent. I've done a lot of resin models over the decades, and something I've come across is sometimes it can be the resin itself that causes the issue. After I did a matte varnish undercoat, it took the primer just fine.


Enclave is third party, so perhaps they do use mould release (I’ll check).

The other option being it’s the resin itself bleeding out due to slight mismix on the ratios or similar.

Maybe we should go back to metal minis

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Bleh metal models.

Except Liberty Prime. Plate him and gold and he would make a good trophy for an awards show. "And tonight's Nukie goes too..."
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





So this map of Boston was posted in a FB discussion about the RPG. I haven't seen it used anywhere but it's copyright to Modiphius for FWW. It's a pretty nice map made from scratch and thought more people should see it.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmdD93?fbclid=IwAR1al82FjUTfVV8ETqtaqW9qGxz3qbwk3faVur4ZV8vW4vsEfXifsNhS3mc

Spoiler:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/02/24 20:58:16


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
So this map of Boston was posted in a FB discussion about the RPG. I haven't seen it used anywhere but it's copyright to Modiphius for FWW. It's a pretty nice map made from scratch and thought more people should see it.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmdD93?fbclid=IwAR1al82FjUTfVV8ETqtaqW9qGxz3qbwk3faVur4ZV8vW4vsEfXifsNhS3mc

Spoiler:


It’s from the gm screen we made for the ww RPG. It’s got the full wasteland map on the other side (similar to the guidebook version but with some icons for what’s going on in each area).

I think the 2d20 guys have “borrowed” it from us too

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






That's a really nice map.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





JonWebb wrote:
It’s from the gm screen we made for the ww RPG. It’s got the full wasteland map on the other side (similar to the guidebook version but with some icons for what’s going on in each area).

I think the 2d20 guys have “borrowed” it from us too


I was wondering that as I the DM Screen is the only printed item I don't own.

Geifer wrote:That's a really nice map.


It is, especially when you realize there's a really large version that you can zoom into and see the detail the artist put in.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





New issue of Modiphia out.

Looks like the first new vegas sets will be Legion and NCR core boxes (expected), NCR Ranger Patrol, NCR Top Brass, Legion Veteran Wave and Legion Military command. This fits similar releases they've done before.

Also getting, from the looks of it, a resin Crashed UFO that's been avalible for printing for a few months.

Also getting Joshua Graham from NV. Probably as a pre-order bonus.



   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






It's #FalloutFriday time once again.

This month we manage to bring the crashed UFO terrain piece out in resin, as well as the STL version, so players have the choice to print their own or pick up a cast.
https://www.modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-crashed-ufo
https://www.modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-terrain-expansion-crashed-ufo-stl

We've also got this month's scenario, Automatron Assembly, a free PDF mission that would really be set off by last month's terrain release, the Robot Workbench.
https://www.modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-automaton-assembly-part-4-pdf-free

We've also started a round up of awesome community efforts, be it podcasting, painting videos, gameplay or general hobbying. If you are a content creator, please do get in touch so we can feature your work in the future.
https://www.modiphius.net/blogs/news/fallout-friday

Anyone waiting on the New Vegas pre-order/release and bundles, more news should be following next month.

Till next time.
[Thumb - CrashedUFO_RGB-150dpi.jpg]


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Nice to see a scenario around the workbench so quickly. The crashed UFO look great too. Honestly whoever did the setup for that photo should get some applause. I think it's one of the best I've seen Modiphius do.
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
Nice to see a scenario around the workbench so quickly. The crashed UFO look great too. Honestly whoever did the setup for that photo should get some applause. I think it's one of the best I've seen Modiphius do.


Cheers man, I just passed that on our photographer Rocio and she was super grateful for the feedback.

She's doing a hell of a lot with not many assets (though we have just sent some cool new bits for her to use as we have recycled our assets any number of ways now).

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Interview with Jon and James over what's happening over the next year. Some stuff we've heard before (like robot packs) but lots of interesting things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xO01bBXWQ

Summary:

NCR are jacks of all traits and have less specialists to reflect how they were portrayed in NV which is extended supply lines, low man power.
Legion is opposite, larger amount of units, lots more specialists but the figures are more stuck in specific roles as opposed to NCR.

Modiphius considered making a new 2 player starter but didn't
Instead there's a Rules Expansions set that builds off of the starter (so no new basic rulebook) that has card pack, scenarios, and a New Vegas "filter" over the game. Seams like they're looking at ways to set up games to only use stuff from a specific fallout game (perks, weapons and so on) via the books.
there's 182 weapons in the game pre-Mojave release.
There's a Commonwealth Rules Expansion coming out as well after Mojave.
No more numbered waves. They'll have specific names for better communication of their contents.

Boon, a companion, has a negative if he's not attacking Legion.
Veronica has a counter attack ability.
Nightkin have an unpredictable trait that has a chance to force them to attack the closest enemy unit.

April is preorder, shipping should be May (COVID shipping issues allowing)
NCR, Legion and the Expansions will be the first part of the release (6 boxes total). Preorder will have Joshua as the bonus figure.
Second part is Robots and Companions at the end of summer.
Ed-E is a new approach for eyebots. Less aerials then the actual design, due to production issues, but will have subtle drill spots so people can add their own with wire.

Post Mojave there's the Commonwealth release that introduced two new factions (and a potential 3rd).
Gunners -- who will have a similar group synergy as Enclave but in different ways
Railroad
Securitron are the start of trying to make more modular kits, commonwealth takes this further. Gunners, for example will have different weapons or heads.
Post Mojave they're trying out less faction boxes so Gunners and Railroad will have 2 boxes only but more modular so there can be more new things in each wave (generally 12 boxes).
New Robot Packs combining just one variation.

Post Commonwealth is a "top off wave" where it's a more focused "expansion to an expansion" that focuses on specific story/quests in a game instead of more broad strokes so they can be a few boxes focusing on the off requested content.

Updated Settlement mode called Homestead. Wants to take the abstract parts of the settlement mode and placed that into the game. Like placing buildings on a map as your settlement can be attacked. Having choices you make change the event deck and influence scenarios. An example given is a choice to steal items and then someone could decide to come retrieve the stolden item.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/03/15 16:58:13


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





The Fallout 2d20 RPG is up for pre-order. Shipping is probably july-auguest (looking at past RPG preorders from Modiphius) but you get the PDF now if you do order. https://www.modiphius.net/pages/falloutrpg

Shipping to the US is pretty pricy, as to be expected now days, so unless you're really worried about the Limited Edition cover selling out waiting for the US warehouse to be available will save you 20-40 in shipping costs.

The map I posted a few weeks ago is indeed part of the GM's kit. It's pretty cool so I'm glad to see it being used more.
Spoiler:




Also Jon, I don't know what you need to make it happen, but we really need a model of the Hunter Mr. Handy on Page 55.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/03/31 15:25:02


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:


Also Jon, I don't know what you need to make it happen, but we really need a model of the Hunter Mr. Handy on Page 55.


Hah, I can add it to the pile of cool things for the future (TM).

I might need to grab one of those GM kits myself, just for the map you know. I love a good bit of ephemera.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:


Also Jon, I don't know what you need to make it happen, but we really need a model of the Hunter Mr. Handy on Page 55.


Hah, I can add it to the pile of cool things for the future (TM).



I await the eventual game breaking change to allow them to use double barreled shotguns.
   
Made in au
Freaky Flayed One



Sydney, Australia

Looks really good, but shipping to Australia is likewise pricey (>50% increase in cost), so I might wait and hope the "Australian Tax" doesn't kick in too hard.
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






The day has finally come and our New Vegas wave has gone up for pre-order .

Releases start next month with the core set for the NCR and Legion plus the rules set, but you can also get one of three bundles covering all the releases for the NCR, Legion or both plus the rules and a bonus Burned Man promo figure (that's May - July's releases).

We've had to change the way we do cards again (I know... but Covid really threw a spanner in the works. The whole industry has issues producing and moving stock right now). Some more details can be found on the blog here: https://www.modiphius.net/blogs/news/fallout-friday-1

We also finally managed to wire up those Robobrains so anyone that's been waiting to field them with their Automatrons or just in general they are now available direct from our store.

So, an exciting month and one I know many Wastelanders have been waiting for.

Till next time.

[Thumb - 1-Bundle+CARDS-NewVegas_FO_RGB-150dpi (1).jpg]

[Thumb - 2-Bundle+CARDS-NewVegas_FO_RGB-150dpi (1).jpg]

[Thumb - 3-Bundle+CARDS-NewVegas_FO_RGB-150dpi (1).jpg]

[Thumb - Robobrain_RGB-150dpi.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/19 09:36:18


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'm amazed you actually got all this out in the spring as COVID did more to mess with 2021 releases then 2020 in general across most products.

The card situation sucks, and I don't think I've ever had a die cut paper situation where I didn't end up tearing one so I'm just going to have to cut them all out. But at least you didn't have to do blind booster pack to get them done and affordable.

Are the rules and cards coming in a box, ala Elder Scrolls, or are the cards just shrunk wrapped with the booklet due to the diecut situation? I'm assuming the latter as there's no images of a box.

The Achievement(s) rules are a fun idea. I did that in a RPG game several years ago (hidden and non-hidden ones) and people loved them. It would be great, when the Settlement Mode expansion comes out to have those points be spendable there for stuff (maybe as an optional rule).

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Is the US webstore up and running yet? I've been holding off on several purchases waiting for that.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Late May from what Chris has recently said. NV stuff won't ship out of the US warehouse until June however.

Considering the shipping prices from the UK you'd probably save $20 by waiting a month to order

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/16 17:25:42


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
I'm amazed you actually got all this out in the spring as COVID did more to mess with 2021 releases then 2020 in general across most products.

The card situation sucks, and I don't think I've ever had a die cut paper situation where I didn't end up tearing one so I'm just going to have to cut them all out. But at least you didn't have to do blind booster pack to get them done and affordable.

Are the rules and cards coming in a box, ala Elder Scrolls, or are the cards just shrunk wrapped with the booklet due to the diecut situation? I'm assuming the latter as there's no images of a box.

The Achievement(s) rules are a fun idea. I did that in a RPG game several years ago (hidden and non-hidden ones) and people loved them. It would be great, when the Settlement Mode expansion comes out to have those points be spendable there for stuff (maybe as an optional rule).



Shrink wrapped with the book, yes.

I’m sad we couldn’t do the box, it’s essentially the same thing, but the box would have been a nicer presentation.

I’m doing my proof copy with the knife and so far it’s gone fine. Only done the poker cards so far, keep a sharp blade and take it slow and you should be ok.

We are about two months behind where I’d planned the launch to be, so yeah, we’ve adapted as best as possible to covid. Still sucks but we are making the best of it.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Late May from what Chris has recently said. NV stuff won't ship out of the US warehouse until June however.

Considering the shipping prices from the UK you'd probably save $20 by waiting a month to order


The major stumbling block with warehousing are costs and stock management

We are constantly looking to sort out Europe (thanks Brexit) and the US but it’s quite a big undertaking. Having stock on two continents is a thing already, but trying to manage three live stock levels as well as getting product all over (boats are a nightmare right now) is tough.

We know it’s impacting customers and it’s an ongoing task, but there are no quick wins here.

We trialled our US warehouse shipping customer orders as well as trade sales but the costs were the same/higher hence knocking it on the head.

I think 2021 is going to continue to be bumpy for the whole industry, but hopefully as things settle it will improve and we’ll find answers to the issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/16 21:22:40


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Florida

I’ve been waiting for the new Vegas stuff and it looks so good!

I am a little disappointed there isn’t a bundle with a box from both factions because I would be all over that to get that burning man.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




So are they going to sell the cards with the new rule book or are they going to sell the rulebook seperate and the cards seperate?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Cards are with the new book only.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/18 04:23:46


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Monkeysloth wrote:
Cards are with the new book only.


they come inside the book?

That is good to know, thank you. I just saw the preorders in USA for books through online retailers but it didn't say if it had the cards.

I would love to buy the whole set from Mordiphus but with the cost and shipping it is a lot of money. A lot cheaper to order it from a retailer in USA and get free shipping and a little discount.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





angel of death 007 wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Cards are with the new book only.


they come inside the book?

That is good to know, thank you. I just saw the preorders in USA for books through online retailers but it didn't say if it had the cards.

I would love to buy the whole set from Mordiphus but with the cost and shipping it is a lot of money. A lot cheaper to order it from a retailer in USA and get free shipping and a little discount.


Yes. They're unfortunately die cut with this expansion due to production issues and covid but that makes them easy to pack in with the book.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Rotgut wrote:
I’ve been waiting for the new Vegas stuff and it looks so good!

I am a little disappointed there isn’t a bundle with a box from both factions because I would be all over that to get that burning man.


He should go on sale individually late this year early next I believe. All the bundle exclusives eventually go up on the store sometime during the wave after their release.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/18 06:21:32


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
angel of death 007 wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Cards are with the new book only.


they come inside the book?

That is good to know, thank you. I just saw the preorders in USA for books through online retailers but it didn't say if it had the cards.

I would love to buy the whole set from Mordiphus but with the cost and shipping it is a lot of money. A lot cheaper to order it from a retailer in USA and get free shipping and a little discount.


Yes. They're unfortunately die cut with this expansion due to production issues and covid but that makes them easy to pack in with the book.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Rotgut wrote:
I’ve been waiting for the new Vegas stuff and it looks so good!

I am a little disappointed there isn’t a bundle with a box from both factions because I would be all over that to get that burning man.


He should go on sale individually late this year early next I believe. All the bundle exclusives eventually go up on the store sometime during the wave after their release.


The cards and book are one product yes, though to clarify the card sheets are not bound in the book but packed with it so no tearing sheets out and marring the book.

Not sure I understand Rotguts question. A bundle of which boxes? We’ve got the bundle of all six NCR and Legion sets plus rules and Burned Man but otherwise as Monkeysloth notes he will get a solo release at the end of the wave(in retail etc).


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Florida

 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
angel of death 007 wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Cards are with the new book only.


they come inside the book?

That is good to know, thank you. I just saw the preorders in USA for books through online retailers but it didn't say if it had the cards.

I would love to buy the whole set from Mordiphus but with the cost and shipping it is a lot of money. A lot cheaper to order it from a retailer in USA and get free shipping and a little discount.


Yes. They're unfortunately die cut with this expansion due to production issues and covid but that makes them easy to pack in with the book.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Rotgut wrote:
I’ve been waiting for the new Vegas stuff and it looks so good!

I am a little disappointed there isn’t a bundle with a box from both factions because I would be all over that to get that burning man.


He should go on sale individually late this year early next I believe. All the bundle exclusives eventually go up on the store sometime during the wave after their release.


The cards and book are one product yes, though to clarify the card sheets are not bound in the book but packed with it so no tearing sheets out and marring the book.

Not sure I understand Rotguts question. A bundle of which boxes? We’ve got the bundle of all six NCR and Legion sets plus rules and Burned Man but otherwise as Monkeysloth notes he will get a solo release at the end of the wave(in retail etc).



Hey I meant a set that had a core NCR and core legion box together with the book, but I’m glad I can get the burning man later, the new minis looks so good!

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Rotgut wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
angel of death 007 wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Cards are with the new book only.


they come inside the book?

That is good to know, thank you. I just saw the preorders in USA for books through online retailers but it didn't say if it had the cards.

I would love to buy the whole set from Mordiphus but with the cost and shipping it is a lot of money. A lot cheaper to order it from a retailer in USA and get free shipping and a little discount.


Yes. They're unfortunately die cut with this expansion due to production issues and covid but that makes them easy to pack in with the book.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Rotgut wrote:
I’ve been waiting for the new Vegas stuff and it looks so good!

I am a little disappointed there isn’t a bundle with a box from both factions because I would be all over that to get that burning man.


He should go on sale individually late this year early next I believe. All the bundle exclusives eventually go up on the store sometime during the wave after their release.


The cards and book are one product yes, though to clarify the card sheets are not bound in the book but packed with it so no tearing sheets out and marring the book.

Not sure I understand Rotguts question. A bundle of which boxes? We’ve got the bundle of all six NCR and Legion sets plus rules and Burned Man but otherwise as Monkeysloth notes he will get a solo release at the end of the wave(in retail etc).



Hey I meant a set that had a core NCR and core legion box together with the book, but I’m glad I can get the burning man later, the new minis looks so good!


You can and you can't get burning man later..... depends on what you mean by get. Even though second hand retailers sometimes list the limited edition models I have had all my orders canceled for them. So the only way you can get it is from Mordiphus and will pay 3x the cost of the model for shipping. So hopefully you live in Europe other then that it is high hopes.

I am on my 3rd order with Nuka girl as a part of it.... but it seems Mordiphus only will provide them on their site and not to retailers, esp USA retailers. So sad...
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: