Switch Theme:

Dungeons & Lasers 3 - Woodhaven - modular HIPS buildings and miniatures - late pledge open  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

They are really ramping up to big things.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in us
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

Wait, WHAT?

They're going to be putting their space crusade figures back in action, I'm assuming, in plastic?

Crap, they're really going to get me to commit to this next campaign, aren't they? Dang.

I built and painted most of that range they did. It was part of what got me thinking about doing Youtube stuff in the first place, but then they stopped, I traded off most of them, and I'd been bummed about not having the big guy with the sword ever since.

Y'all better vote for him!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Pledge levels and prices

Village €85 - 5 Rooms, 1 Townsfolk Starter and Stretch Goals
Town €169 - 11 Rooms, 1 Townsfolk Starter and Stretch Goals
City €249 - 17 Rooms, 1 Townsfolk Starter and Stretch Goals
Miniatures only - €29 - 1 Townsfolk Starter
Dragons only - €99 - Pick any 7 Dragons

Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/29 19:04:39


 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Multiples of the 85€ base pledge are better deals than the higher pledges, just saying.

The middle pledge saves you 1€ over getting two base and has the same contents minus one set of stretch goals, the large pledge saves you 6€ over getting three base and has the same contents minus two sets of stretch goals.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Assuming they allow multiples of a pledge level with multiple stretch goals like last time multiple Village pledges is definitely the way to go. They haven't said one way or another yet they could restrict it if it cost them more than anticipated last time. Most people are assuming it will be the same so hopefully they will confirm it sooner rather than later.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Dragons were $119 for 7 (well 6 + the free one) so if the $99 price sticks (and there will be complaining) it's a bargain

well assuming its in a pledge level that gets stretch goals, if it isn't then that's why

 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
Dragons were $119 for 7 (well 6 + the free one) so if the $99 price sticks (and there will be complaining) it's a bargain

well assuming its in a pledge level that gets stretch goals, if it isn't then that's why


It's €99 the KS is in Euro this time despite some of the graphics still showing $. €99 = $120 same price as before.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Ah that makes sense then

 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Nubble was picked as the EB mini - first 48 hours

The rest of the prices are now up (except the roofs) - they haven't upped the prices from the last KS just converted $ to €. D&L 2 SG at €17 is a steal even without the Sci-Fi bits.

Stairs - €5 (1 set of stairs)
Townsfolk starter add on - €29
Extra set of 3rd edition SG - €25
Set of 10 street lamps - €5
Balustrades - 6 short 4 long - €8
Battlements - 6 short- 4 long - €8
Trim pack - €8
Extra Sewer or Fantasy set - €34
Extra room - €17
Stone Bridge - €9
1 Dragon - €29
Set of 7 dragons add on - €99
D&L 1 SG - €17
D&L 2 SG - €17

Spoiler:


Spoiler:

   
Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Multiples of the 85€ base pledge are better deals than the higher pledges, just saying.

The middle pledge saves you 1€ over getting two base and has the same contents minus one set of stretch goals, the large pledge saves you 6€ over getting three base and has the same contents minus two sets of stretch goals.


This is how it has working since D&L1. I only buy basic pledges as they stack the stretchgoals and the D&L stretchgoals get impressive quickly. With D&L the stretchgoals have already started and the campaign has yet to begin.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in us
Incorporating Wet-Blending






Thanks, Dave!

SG1 has two larger stone stairs, so may be a better deal for some, particularly sf gamers, than two sets of the new stone stairs.

Any indication if we'll have new functional doors, for the village rooms? Or do all or some of the functional doors fit into the village rooms? TIA!

EDIT: Dang. Preview page says the KS is only 12 days long, but the preview page comments mention 14?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/30 22:19:48


Good fiction is consistent. 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Preview page length and goal aren't accurate, just placeholders. The KS is 2 weeks long.

No word on new doors for the new themes.

Yeah there's parts in the old SG sets that are also available separately but it's better to buy the SG set. The bridge on it's own is €9. It also comes in the SG2 set for €17 so for €8 more you get all the extras.

Note there are no Sci fi parts in this KS and they have been removed from the SG packs so they are fantasy only so you won't get sci fi stairs here.

It's funny for Rampart 1 I ordered some extras that are on mixed sprues so they just threw in the full sprue. But for Rampart 2 and D&L 2 there's parts like the columns that are on mixed sprues but they clipped them out and just provided the listed parts which is fair enough that's what I paid for but I preferred the original option! I'm not sure they will go to that bother for the mixed fantasy and sci fi sprues here but they might.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/01 00:39:38


 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Yea I always just got full sets and it worked out better than getting all the individual bitz, like in Rampart 2 I wanted stairs ($3 each) and all 3 stypes of balustrade ($1 each) and then it was just another 4$ to get the whole pack and I ended up with I think 11 stretch goal packs.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in pl
Fresh-Faced New User




@Grumpy Gnome

Hi, thanks for the review!

Regarding miniatures quality, we had slightly different CNC processes for stretch goals, thus, the one on the SG terrain sprues may not fully justify the quality of the final miniatures.

Here are some mobile camera shots of our latest miniatures, utilizing our latest CNC process, for Wolfenstein the board game, and you may expect at least the same quality for DnL3 sprues.

Thanks again for your support!


Automatically Appended Next Post:





This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/01 10:47:05


Archon's Discord: https://discord.gg/M3Ur8uuk7G

Our latest project DnL3: https://syr.us/Egd
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Yea that's crazy good.

All I ask is make sure the scaling is right to fit common gaming miniatures, and this includes other bits. In D&L2 stretch goals some parts were clearly resized upwards or downwards to better fit in the sprue and we got some very silly pieces like 1mm skulls and lanterns larger than a man's torso.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in pl
Fresh-Faced New User




 lord_blackfang wrote:
Yea that's crazy good.

All I ask is to make sure the scaling is right to fit common gaming miniatures, and this includes other bits. In D&L2 stretch goals, some parts were clearly resized upwards or downwards to better fit in the sprue and we got some very silly pieces like 1mm skulls and lanterns larger than a man's torso.


Thanks for the feedback, frankly, I remember resizing elements for Rampart, due to various production issues but not sure about DnL2 nor DnL1, but I'll ask in the office on Tuesday.

As for the scale of miniatures here is a pic of the townsfolks vs GW piece. I hope this helps.






Archon's Discord: https://discord.gg/M3Ur8uuk7G

Our latest project DnL3: https://syr.us/Egd
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







An Ork isn't an ideal scale comparison but it shows you are a man of culture

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in pl
Fresh-Faced New User




 lord_blackfang wrote:
An Ork isn't an ideal scale comparison but it shows you are a man of culture


hehe fair enough, I found in the office also GW zombie and skeleton model. Maybe this will help.




Archon's Discord: https://discord.gg/M3Ur8uuk7G

Our latest project DnL3: https://syr.us/Egd
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Nice looking folk, they shall be mine

 
   
Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

Archon, can we have confirmation whether the seven dragon pledge gets stretchgoals.

Also is the dragon of Scharmonrog listed as a single again.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Thanks for the updated scale pics Archon looks good to me.

I see the roof set is now a room that's definitely a better option. So that values it at €17 as an add on. It has 2 sets of trims which on their own cost €16.



[Thumb - roof.png]

   
Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

We have single tile square hip roofs, it also needs single tile gable roofs so we can run 1xX structures.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in de
Watches History Channel






Thanks for the additional photos Archon Studios.

My wife and I are pleased with our D&L 1 and 2 pieces. We are definitely backing 3... in large part because we love how you listened to backer feedback. The diversity of miniatures is brilliant.

I have been messing around with Cursed Cathedral pieces today and definitely think this stuff works best as “bits box kits for building terrain” rather than complete rooms. We will likely also be mixing themes together. This seems the best way around, “I just need one more piece of X!”

Either way, we are very appreciative of all the folks at Archon Studios and thank you for your hard work in bringing these fun bits to us all.


Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/ 
   
Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

Too much temptation coming with this one.

I've got to say I'm starting to get impatient for this one to start!

Those Wolfenstein figures look good too. Gotta start working on my Chronicle X sprues first...

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in fr
Fresh-Faced New User




Archon Studio wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, frankly, I remember resizing elements for Rampart, due to various production issues but not sure about DnL2 nor DnL1, but I'll ask in the office on Tuesday.
I can confirm that for D&L1 strech goals, there are some scale issues (with some skulls or the axe, by example.). But most of the items wera pretty good.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[Jǫtunn]






.

I look forward to someone in this thread figuring out the best way to pledge for buildings and roofs and letting us know.

This one looks to have a few options...could get...complex and confusing quickly!

   
Made in us
Incorporating Wet-Blending






Nice!

Any info on the mill or stables, previously previewed as concept art?

Definitely want some functional doors with their own frames...

> I look forward to someone in this thread figuring out the best way to pledge for buildings and roofs and letting us know.

Each room set is roughly 9 game tiles. The roof set covers 20 game tiles Of course, you won't always be able to use all the roof pieces for two room sets, depending on how you laid out your rooms.

Each trimming design is room-specific, so you may want more trimming. Or not? It's not like you need trimming to attach roof bits to roofs as much as you need connectors to attach walls to floors??

More FB pics!

Spoiler:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/05/02 06:21:02


Good fiction is consistent. 
   
Made in pl
Fresh-Faced New User




 Grumpy Gnome wrote:
Thanks for the additional photos Archon Studios.

My wife and I are pleased with our D&L 1 and 2 pieces. We are definitely backing 3... in large part because we love how you listened to backer feedback. The diversity of miniatures is brilliant.

I have been messing around with Cursed Cathedral pieces today and definitely think this stuff works best as “bits box kits for building terrain” rather than complete rooms. We will likely also be mixing themes together. This seems the best way around, “I just need one more piece of X!”

Either way, we are very appreciative of all the folks at Archon Studios and thank you for your hard work in bringing these fun bits to us all.



Thanks for your support and I'll pass your feedback to our team when we back in the office on Tuesday!



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Orlanth wrote:
Archon, can we have confirmation whether the seven dragon pledge gets stretchgoals.

Also is the dragon of Scharmonrog listed as a single again.


Yes, there are now 7 Dragons instead of 6 at the same pledge level but no Stretch Goals. That's based on feedback from the previous campaign. The majority of only Dragons pledge backers were not interested in the terrain SG plus some were asking during the campaigne to add Dragons specific only SG which we had no plans for.

The Dragon of Schmargonrog is made under license from Viva La Dirt League, hence, it is sold separately. Although I think the team is working on the largest, King pledge, that could include that dragon in it.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ced1106 wrote:
Nice!

Any info on the mill or stables, previously previewed as concept art?

Definitely want some functional doors with their own frames...

> I look forward to someone in this thread figuring out the best way to pledge for buildings and roofs and letting us know.

Each room set is roughly 9 game tiles. The roof set covers 20 game tiles Of course, you won't always be able to use all the roof pieces for two room sets, depending on how you laid out your rooms.

Each trimming design is room-specific, so you may want more trimming. Or not? It's not like you need trimming to attach roof bits to roofs as much as you need connectors to attach walls to floors??

More FB pics!

Spoiler:


I'll ask the team on Tuesday but I guess the Mill/Stable should be part of SG.
The roofing set has plenty of bits. I guess you may not need more, alternatively, you can always use the DnL2 "L" clip.







Automatically Appended Next Post:
 DaveC wrote:
Thanks for the updated scale pics Archon looks good to me.

I see the roof set is now a room that's definitely a better option. So that values it at €17 as an add on. It has 2 sets of trims which on their own cost €16.





IIRC, roofs + trims in that set are 2 injection tools and then there is 3rd one just for trims, but I'll be able to confirm that on Tuesday. Thanks!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/05/02 07:40:25


Archon's Discord: https://discord.gg/M3Ur8uuk7G

Our latest project DnL3: https://syr.us/Egd
 
   
Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

Archon Studio wrote:

 Orlanth wrote:
Archon, can we have confirmation whether the seven dragon pledge gets stretchgoals.

Also is the dragon of Scharmonrog listed as a single again.


Yes, there are now 7 Dragons instead of 6 at the same pledge level but no Stretch Goals. That's based on feedback from the previous campaign. The majority of only Dragons pledge backers were not interested in the terrain SG plus some were asking during the campaigne to add Dragons specific only SG which we had no plans for.


The stretchgoals are half the value. I ordered Dragons Lair because it included the same stretch goals as the dungeon pledges, some items in stretchgoals are needed in bulk, tables beds and chair for instance, the more you have the more reasonably you can make a barracks or main hall.
Also for the record there were 7 dragons last time, six plus Origon. With stretchgoals there could be eight if the ghost dragon stretchgoal is unlocked. It would be strange for you to think that someone pledging for dragons doesn't want dragon stretchgoals.

Anyway I have two Dragon Lair pledges under my belt already from D&L2. Without stretchgoals included I might have bought one, and maybe not even that. Please rethink this.

Archon Studio wrote:

The Dragon of Schmargonrog is made under license from Viva La Dirt League, hence, it is sold separately. Although I think the team is working on the largest, King pledge, that could include that dragon in it.


At $35 only you get fewer sales and Viva Dirt League get less money, frankly I could not afford that dragon. You might get better results if the Dragon of Schmargonrog counts as two dragons in the Dragons Lair pledges. I wonder if they will accept 2/7th of a Dragons Lair as fair payment for the licenced dragon. I would be more tempted to accept the dragon under those terms.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






The giant render is on the KS page - €800k stretch goal. At 4.7 inches he's a little taller than a Mancrusher Gargant but should make a nice alt. Gargant (the goblin is a separate removal piece)

[Thumb - IMG-0592.jpg]

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: