Switch Theme:

Horus Heresy 2.0 - Thoughts so far  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

"When everyone is super no one will be"
I believe the Iron Warrior are the only ones not special, and that's their special thing. It's really telling !

   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

 godardc wrote:
"When everyone is super no one will be"
I believe the Iron Warrior are the only ones not special, and that's their special thing. It's really telling !


I thought their thing was they did attrition best.

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





on the other hand the Legions that don't have these "special things" such as the Ultramarines and Imperial fists, are often dismissed as boring. I mean I prefer the boring legions because they tend to be the ones that have the most nuanced development, as the writers can't just lean into "WOLVES! THEY HAVE WOLVES! AND DO WOLF STUFF!"

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in de
Terrifying Doombull






Nuremberg

Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.

   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

What makes the game work well isn't the special cases but the fact that they're all pulling from the same core list/units. It wasn't the legion rules that made me want to play 30k, it was the fact 40k sucked at that point lol


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"


Ya, basically they defend, iron warriors attack. But there was cool fluff in the details on both side, iron warriors just throwing thousands of serfs and slaves to soak up bullets and probe for weaknesses, IF having crazy ass fortresses.

In game terms tho, attack defend stuff is tougher to balance that normal skirmishing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/01 19:06:07


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

BrianDavion wrote:
on the other hand the Legions that don't have these "special things" such as the Ultramarines and Imperial fists, are often dismissed as boring. I mean I prefer the boring legions because they tend to be the ones that have the most nuanced development, as the writers can't just lean into "WOLVES! THEY HAVE WOLVES! AND DO WOLF STUFF!"


Nono, even the Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are special-er than the rest. They both get their fair share of superlatives which in many cases sound suspiciously similar to the superlatives bestowed on other legions. Especially the ultramarines, whos fluff literally paints them as being first amongst specials, and the specialist of the special (except for the other guys who are special-er), who all the other special guys look up to and wish they could be as special as.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Da Boss wrote:
Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.


Yep, basically this. The writers only seem to rarely make good use of the overlap (Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists, for example), other times it seems unintentional and the result of running out of ideas/forgetting the traits of other legions and trying to make the one legion seem specialer by misattributing qualities to them.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Crablezworth wrote:
What makes the game work well isn't the special cases but the fact that they're all pulling from the same core list/units. It wasn't the legion rules that made me want to play 30k, it was the fact 40k sucked at that point lol


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"


Ya, basically they defend, iron warriors attack. But there was cool fluff in the details on both side, iron warriors just throwing thousands of serfs and slaves to soak up bullets and probe for weaknesses, IF having crazy ass fortresses.

In game terms tho, attack defend stuff is tougher to balance that normal skirmishing.


We're talking about fluff, not about rules/gameplay.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/06/01 20:07:53


CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

I'm talking about fluff expressed through gameplay, also the fluff taking the form of reaction in a lot of ways now isn't a great direction.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/19 02:39:57


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





chaos0xomega wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
on the other hand the Legions that don't have these "special things" such as the Ultramarines and Imperial fists, are often dismissed as boring. I mean I prefer the boring legions because they tend to be the ones that have the most nuanced development, as the writers can't just lean into "WOLVES! THEY HAVE WOLVES! AND DO WOLF STUFF!"


Nono, even the Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are special-er than the rest. They both get their fair share of superlatives which in many cases sound suspiciously similar to the superlatives bestowed on other legions. Especially the ultramarines, whos fluff literally paints them as being first amongst specials, and the specialist of the special (except for the other guys who are special-er), who all the other special guys look up to and wish they could be as special as.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Da Boss wrote:
Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.


Yep, basically this. The writers only seem to rarely make good use of the overlap (Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists, for example), other times it seems unintentional and the result of running out of ideas/forgetting the traits of other legions and trying to make the one legion seem specialer by misattributing qualities to them.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Crablezworth wrote:
What makes the game work well isn't the special cases but the fact that they're all pulling from the same core list/units. It wasn't the legion rules that made me want to play 30k, it was the fact 40k sucked at that point lol


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"


Ya, basically they defend, iron warriors attack. But there was cool fluff in the details on both side, iron warriors just throwing thousands of serfs and slaves to soak up bullets and probe for weaknesses, IF having crazy ass fortresses.

In game terms tho, attack defend stuff is tougher to balance that normal skirmishing.


We're talking about fluff, not about rules/gameplay.


In fairness the Ultramarines aknowledged specialty, at least in the HH is the part of warfare most 14 year old boys find the most boring (and most generals admit is most important)
Logistics

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

 Da Boss wrote:
Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.


I think what I like the most about IW is the fact that they aren't as tough and fortress like as they appear. Perty pushed his men to the absolute brink, he failed to take into consideration that under all the augmentation, genetic engineering, mental conditioning and battle training, Marines are still human. They still have human emotions, they can still doubt themselves and their abilities and his constant pushing didn't help with this. They're interesting because they're broken.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

BrianDavion wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
on the other hand the Legions that don't have these "special things" such as the Ultramarines and Imperial fists, are often dismissed as boring. I mean I prefer the boring legions because they tend to be the ones that have the most nuanced development, as the writers can't just lean into "WOLVES! THEY HAVE WOLVES! AND DO WOLF STUFF!"


Nono, even the Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are special-er than the rest. They both get their fair share of superlatives which in many cases sound suspiciously similar to the superlatives bestowed on other legions. Especially the ultramarines, whos fluff literally paints them as being first amongst specials, and the specialist of the special (except for the other guys who are special-er), who all the other special guys look up to and wish they could be as special as.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Da Boss wrote:
Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.


Yep, basically this. The writers only seem to rarely make good use of the overlap (Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists, for example), other times it seems unintentional and the result of running out of ideas/forgetting the traits of other legions and trying to make the one legion seem specialer by misattributing qualities to them.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Crablezworth wrote:
What makes the game work well isn't the special cases but the fact that they're all pulling from the same core list/units. It wasn't the legion rules that made me want to play 30k, it was the fact 40k sucked at that point lol


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"


Ya, basically they defend, iron warriors attack. But there was cool fluff in the details on both side, iron warriors just throwing thousands of serfs and slaves to soak up bullets and probe for weaknesses, IF having crazy ass fortresses.

In game terms tho, attack defend stuff is tougher to balance that normal skirmishing.


We're talking about fluff, not about rules/gameplay.


In fairness the Ultramarines aknowledged specialty, at least in the HH is the part of warfare most 14 year old boys find the most boring (and most generals admit is most important)
Logistics


Sure. If you ignore the part where all the other special marines look up to the Ultramarines and wish they could be more like them. And their specially pure highly adaptable geneseed. And the fact that they have their own semi-autonomous empire that is less grimdark and more enlightened than the actual empire they serve. And they were so special that they weren't recruited from one specific region of terra, but instead across multiple regions of terra - unlike all the other legions who only came from one region of terra, except for the other legions who came from multiple regions of terra, like the World Eaters/War Hounds. etc. etc. etc.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





chaos0xomega wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
on the other hand the Legions that don't have these "special things" such as the Ultramarines and Imperial fists, are often dismissed as boring. I mean I prefer the boring legions because they tend to be the ones that have the most nuanced development, as the writers can't just lean into "WOLVES! THEY HAVE WOLVES! AND DO WOLF STUFF!"


Nono, even the Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are special-er than the rest. They both get their fair share of superlatives which in many cases sound suspiciously similar to the superlatives bestowed on other legions. Especially the ultramarines, whos fluff literally paints them as being first amongst specials, and the specialist of the special (except for the other guys who are special-er), who all the other special guys look up to and wish they could be as special as.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Da Boss wrote:
Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.


Yep, basically this. The writers only seem to rarely make good use of the overlap (Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists, for example), other times it seems unintentional and the result of running out of ideas/forgetting the traits of other legions and trying to make the one legion seem specialer by misattributing qualities to them.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Crablezworth wrote:
What makes the game work well isn't the special cases but the fact that they're all pulling from the same core list/units. It wasn't the legion rules that made me want to play 30k, it was the fact 40k sucked at that point lol


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"


Ya, basically they defend, iron warriors attack. But there was cool fluff in the details on both side, iron warriors just throwing thousands of serfs and slaves to soak up bullets and probe for weaknesses, IF having crazy ass fortresses.

In game terms tho, attack defend stuff is tougher to balance that normal skirmishing.


We're talking about fluff, not about rules/gameplay.


In fairness the Ultramarines aknowledged specialty, at least in the HH is the part of warfare most 14 year old boys find the most boring (and most generals admit is most important)
Logistics


Sure. If you ignore the part where all the other special marines look up to the Ultramarines and wish they could be more like them. And their specially pure highly adaptable geneseed. And the fact that they have their own semi-autonomous empire that is less grimdark and more enlightened than the actual empire they serve. And they were so special that they weren't recruited from one specific region of terra, but instead across multiple regions of terra - unlike all the other legions who only came from one region of terra, except for the other legions who came from multiple regions of terra, like the World Eaters/War Hounds. etc. etc. etc.



dude, go complain about the 5th edition marine codex elsewhere. as for the "recruiting from all across terra" generally that was pretty common it's clear that the emperor was looking for certain traits for each legion, with some he found it in a specific region, in others he looked more widely, and in the Ultramarines it seems the emperor choose from among those groups who resisted the most (which likly had the conveniant side effect of depelating their pools of manpower)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/02 17:09:08


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




My reading of the legions based on the HH book series at least is that there are sort of mirrors (although this can certainly be questioned.) Some of which were old standards - but others were more developed because very little had previously been written of the chapters.

Imperial Fists/Iron Warriors - Siege Warfare.
Salamanders/Death Guard - WW1-style wading through poison/fire soaked trenches.
Ultramarines/Word Bearers - Better Organisation.
Dark Angels/Sons of Horus - Tip of the Spear/doing a bit of everything but being tough while doing it.
Blood Angels/Emperors Children - Also tip of the Spear *but looking good/Anime* while doing it.
Space Wolves/World Eaters - Berserkers.
Raven Guard/Night Lords - Terror tactics.
White Scars/Alpha Legion - Outsiders.
(All 4 kind of do infiltration in their own ways.)

Which sort of leaves Iron Hands & Thousand Sons in their own bracket. You can kind of try and pair them up as "Post-Marine", but that is a bit of a reach (Reflecting that Iron Hands were not meant to be this in HH era, as it represents a 40k degeneration). Unfortunately I feel Iron Hands suffer especially because the HH in fiction is very much a story of the Primarchs, and Ferrus Manus cops it in the opening act.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

Tyel wrote:
My reading of the legions based on the HH book series at least is that there are sort of mirrors (although this can certainly be questioned.) Some of which were old standards - but others were more developed because very little had previously been written of the chapters.

Imperial Fists/Iron Warriors - Siege Warfare.
Salamanders/Death Guard - WW1-style wading through poison/fire soaked trenches.
Ultramarines/Word Bearers - Better Organisation.
Dark Angels/Sons of Horus - Tip of the Spear/doing a bit of everything but being tough while doing it.
Blood Angels/Emperors Children - Also tip of the Spear *but looking good/Anime* while doing it.
Space Wolves/World Eaters - Berserkers.
Raven Guard/Night Lords - Terror tactics.
White Scars/Alpha Legion - Outsiders.
(All 4 kind of do infiltration in their own ways.)

Which sort of leaves Iron Hands & Thousand Sons in their own bracket. You can kind of try and pair them up as "Post-Marine", but that is a bit of a reach (Reflecting that Iron Hands were not meant to be this in HH era, as it represents a 40k degeneration). Unfortunately I feel Iron Hands suffer especially because the HH in fiction is very much a story of the Primarchs, and Ferrus Manus cops it in the opening act.


Theres lots of problems with this though, as you can just as easily argue that Alpha Legion are mirrored by Raven Guard for stealth and infiltration. Likewise you can argue that Iron Hands are the mirror of Ewmperors Children ho were similarly known for being fine weaponsmiths. That same parallel can also be drawn between the Emperors Children and Salamanders (as well as the Salamanders and the Iron Hands). Theres argument to be made for the World Eaters mirroring the Blood Angels instead of the Space Wolves, and Thousand Sons mirroring the White Scars.

Because every legion is special-er than all the other legions, except for the ones that are special-er than they are.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Oh yeah. I mean its an argument - people can and will argue against it. It would probably be more accurate to do a 2d compass style graph with the legions in certain spots.

(FWIW though, while the lore went with it, I don't think BA fit Khorne at all. Its what they could be. What they *are* is anime - which means Slaanesh. But ymmv.)
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Tampa,FL USA

Not sure how "anime=Slaanesh" considering there's some pretty brutal, Khorne style animes, especially back in the 80's and 90's.

Hentai, sure, but not anime as a whole.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/06/02 21:16:13


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





BrianDavion wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
on the other hand the Legions that don't have these "special things" such as the Ultramarines and Imperial fists, are often dismissed as boring. I mean I prefer the boring legions because they tend to be the ones that have the most nuanced development, as the writers can't just lean into "WOLVES! THEY HAVE WOLVES! AND DO WOLF STUFF!"


Nono, even the Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are special-er than the rest. They both get their fair share of superlatives which in many cases sound suspiciously similar to the superlatives bestowed on other legions. Especially the ultramarines, whos fluff literally paints them as being first amongst specials, and the specialist of the special (except for the other guys who are special-er), who all the other special guys look up to and wish they could be as special as.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Da Boss wrote:
Some of that stuff is cool. Like I recently found out from an Arbitor Ian video about Blood Angels being the Immortal 9th and basically being used to mop up/convert mutant populations into marines, and being like a zombie horde of marines. That's pretty cool. It's just unfortunate because it sorta matches up with what the Night Lords and Space Wolves and Raven Guard were like as well. And the idea that they were deployed at the fringes, out in the dark at the edge of the crusade...you mean like the White Scars?

And then like "This legion is really tough and good at tech!" "Oh you mean the Iron Hands?" "No silly, the Iron Warriors!"

I mean I guess that's why certain legions get a bit glossed over in the novels and so on. It's pretty hard to characterise 18 different legions when they're all giants in power armour that love killing.


Yep, basically this. The writers only seem to rarely make good use of the overlap (Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists, for example), other times it seems unintentional and the result of running out of ideas/forgetting the traits of other legions and trying to make the one legion seem specialer by misattributing qualities to them.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Crablezworth wrote:
What makes the game work well isn't the special cases but the fact that they're all pulling from the same core list/units. It wasn't the legion rules that made me want to play 30k, it was the fact 40k sucked at that point lol


Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
I mean sometimes the overlap makes for good stories, the Iron Warriors and Imperial fists for example.

Other times though yeah it's just like "yeah every second legion was good with tech no one cares"


Ya, basically they defend, iron warriors attack. But there was cool fluff in the details on both side, iron warriors just throwing thousands of serfs and slaves to soak up bullets and probe for weaknesses, IF having crazy ass fortresses.

In game terms tho, attack defend stuff is tougher to balance that normal skirmishing.


We're talking about fluff, not about rules/gameplay.


In fairness the Ultramarines aknowledged specialty, at least in the HH is the part of warfare most 14 year old boys find the most boring (and most generals admit is most important)
Logistics


So the unsung heroes of the UM are in fact legion serfs/servitors loading up ammo and nutrition power bars. It figures.
   
Made in fi
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






Tyel wrote:
Oh yeah. I mean its an argument - people can and will argue against it. It would probably be more accurate to do a 2d compass style graph with the legions in certain spots.

(FWIW though, while the lore went with it, I don't think BA fit Khorne at all. Its what they could be. What they *are* is anime - which means Slaanesh. But ymmv.)


I beg your pardon? Blood Angels being anime?

Can you elaborate. As a Blood Angels player, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here..

+++ Thought for the Day: Forget The Narrative — Slaanesh demands more plastic! +++ 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 tauist wrote:

I beg your pardon? Blood Angels being anime?

Can you elaborate. As a Blood Angels player, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here..


That they are a bunch of cursed, beautiful vampires led by a literal angel?
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Tampa,FL USA

Tyel wrote:
 tauist wrote:

I beg your pardon? Blood Angels being anime?

Can you elaborate. As a Blood Angels player, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here..


That they are a bunch of cursed, beautiful vampires led by a literal angel?


Yeah, cause there's absolutely NO Western media like that, right, Anne Rice?

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Totally not feeling vindicated that reactions are bad, at all...




Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





 Crablezworth wrote:
Totally not feeling vindicated that reactions are bad, at all...





even assuming the admechs big bad robots have reactions (they may not be eligable) there are ways around this. if a SINGLE reaction like that loses you the game you where the inferior general anyway. heck I'd argue the therea re other reactions that are potntially more potent then this. Advanced reactions are CLEARLY intended to be a "ocne per game ability that if used at the right moment in the right circumstances can turn the tide in your favor.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Sorry for coming in late. Seems to me most of the terrain issues have been fixed by finally walking back a mistake that has dragged on since 2008: you can no longer kill what you can't see, on a model by model basis.

Posters on ignore list: 35

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 tauist wrote:


I beg your pardon? Blood Angels being anime?

Can you elaborate. As a Blood Angels player, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here..


Noooo they're not anime at all...

...they just sparkle in the sunlight, thats all.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Tampa,FL USA

SamusDrake wrote:
 tauist wrote:


I beg your pardon? Blood Angels being anime?

Can you elaborate. As a Blood Angels player, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here..


Noooo they're not anime at all...

...they just sparkle in the sunlight, thats all.


That's not an anime convention for vampires, that's literally a Western invention by an American author.

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Platuan4th wrote:


That's not an anime convention for vampires, that's literally a Western invention by an American author.


We're having fun with the Blood Angels player, who doesn't take kindly to their badass dracula marines being referred to as anime "pretty boys". Insinuating that they might be Twilight vampires is even more unforgivable!


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







I'm just glad that we're finally getting official rules for Blood Angels that fell to Chaos

Posters on ignore list: 35

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Barpharanges







SamusDrake wrote:
 Platuan4th wrote:


That's not an anime convention for vampires, that's literally a Western invention by an American author.


We're having fun with the Blood Angels player, who doesn't take kindly to their badass dracula marines being referred to as anime "pretty boys". Insinuating that they might be Twilight vampires is even more unforgivable!





When anime was mentioned I was hoping someone was talking about DIO/Dio Brando style Vampires and not making the same tired redditor sparkle joke for the 500th time - but hope is the first step on the way to disappointment.

The biggest indicator someone is a loser is them complaining about 3d printers or piracy.  
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 blood reaper wrote:


When anime was mentioned I was hoping someone was talking about DIO/Dio Brando style Vampires and not making the same tired redditor sparkle joke for the 500th time - but hope is the first step on the way to disappointment.


What a drag that must be...

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






Rules entirely aside? I’m just stoked my resin hating arse can now get involved in Heresy properly.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
 
Forum Index » Warhammer 30K
Go to: