Switch Theme:

Privateer Press - Warmachine Oblivion Campaign Details p. 28  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Since they abandoned PVC its been pretty consistent. Non-character heavies have been sprue plastics sold in a 2-3 variant kit. Lights have been a mix of resin and metal, sold in individual packs but sharing a large number of parts. Assuming these follow the same pattern, I think all that would still be in metal would be the Dwarf jacks.

On a side note, I recently picked up Crucible Guard and finding myself really loving PP models again with the shift to resin. I had been happy with the MoW and Troll stuff I'd done, but this is the first time I've done big units of small based models. Really crisp stuff, lots of detail, very few parts. With a decent pair of clippers to clip off spouts I'm finding they assemble really quickly too. Metal seems to stick to resin really well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/06 22:47:08


 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




Rather like the pirate. Not excessively over-detailed, good aesthetic... except for the heels, of course.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/06 22:42:16


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in es
Skilled SDF-1 Pin-Point Barrier Jockey






The only Privateer Press minis I've bought since I got my first PVC infantry (which was horrid) has been january's L5R Mini Crate ones. The naga was resin with a metal arm, and Togashi Yokuni was full metal. Both were excellently casted.
   
Made in us
Revenant Pirate Crew






 LunarSol wrote:
Since they abandoned PVC its been pretty consistent. Non-character heavies have been sprue plastics sold in a 2-3 variant kit. Lights have been a mix of resin and metal, sold in individual packs but sharing a large number of parts. Assuming these follow the same pattern, I think all that would still be in metal would be the Dwarf jacks.

On a side note, I recently picked up Crucible Guard and finding myself really loving PP models again with the shift to resin. I had been happy with the MoW and Troll stuff I'd done, but this is the first time I've done big units of small based models. Really crisp stuff, lots of detail, very few parts. With a decent pair of clippers to clip off spouts I'm finding they assemble really quickly too. Metal seems to stick to resin really well.


They’ve been mixing characters into the plastics as well. Both the recent Cryx kits each make a character.

 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Madrak Ironhide







I'm also wondering if the block adder (I have to call it that) is
not just a resin/metal kit like the Vulcan. The Vulcan and
Railless seemed like they were originally designed for hard
plastic and then got abandoned for resin/metal

DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++
Get your own Dakka Code!

"...he could never understand the sense of a contest in which the two adversaries agreed upon the rules." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot




Burbank, CA

Oh wow! I like those new Privateer Merc jack designs. I like the new pirate warcaster as well. She doesn't look like something from the cover of an 80's romance novel, like the other privateer pirates.

, , , , , , ,

 
   
Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







 skullking wrote:
Oh wow! I like those new Privateer Merc jack designs. I like the new pirate warcaster as well. She doesn't look like something from the cover of an 80's romance novel, like the other privateer pirates.


Agreed, those are pretty nice. I've built one of every other Privateer jack (excep the Galleon) and while they are nice sculpts, I really don't want to ever build one again. The Freebooter in particular was a lot of horrible pinning.

"The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas." 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 malfred wrote:
I'm also wondering if the block adder (I have to call it that) is
not just a resin/metal kit like the Vulcan. The Vulcan and
Railless seemed like they were originally designed for hard
plastic and then got abandoned for resin/metal


I'm guessing they just realized that if they waited for the plastic to get done, CG would be without its biggest draw (TANKS!) for probably at least another year and decided to kick them out in resin instead. I don't think there's nearly as pressing of a timeline on a second pirate colossal, so they're probably happier with a "its done when its done" kind of timeline, which is why the Pirate CID got delayed... basically until they found out for sure it was done.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Madrak Ironhide







I'm hoping so too! And now with same heavy 'jack chassis they
can release a heavy kit for pirates too, but maybe that's hoping too
much. (Travis who has an idea of what's coming but doesn't
actually work work for privateer press has indicated as much on
facebook).

DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++
Get your own Dakka Code!

"...he could never understand the sense of a contest in which the two adversaries agreed upon the rules." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





There's almost no incentive for them to release the Swabber except to fill out a 3 pack heavy kit to replace the Mariner/Freebooter. I don't think they'd bother with it if it wasn't letting them take some of the last metal jacks out of production. Pretty sure all that's left now are the dwarf jacks and some random character jacks.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Madrak Ironhide







If you're in the monpoc facebook group, you've already seen these shares (probaby from the LVO).

But if not...
[Thumb - 51623614_973696507756_2000003159774199808_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 52100096_973696527716_6864953684430684160_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 52323655_973696522726_5955287505287774208_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 51674572_10214389819488073_8661841587304660992_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 51535098_10214389819768080_7260171275018960896_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 51786760_10214389819968085_7432975315623739392_n.jpg]


DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++
Get your own Dakka Code!

"...he could never understand the sense of a contest in which the two adversaries agreed upon the rules." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Never thought I'd see the day where the Terrasaurs looked absolutely bonkers.

Raiden is a little meh.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Madrak Ironhide







Some stuff as seen on the latest Primecast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Bhsb-OliU
[Thumb - 52020685_2347866035226296_4942424188418785280_o.jpg]
Bride of Arkadius minicrate

[Thumb - 51902531_10214099889635653_7589568423076560896_n.jpg]
Sexy Sylyss Minicrate

[Thumb - 52016163_10156823750818828_2294557613276266496_n.jpg]
Wolf With No Name, riot quest

[Thumb - wellorboros.jpg]
Well of Orboros


DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++
Get your own Dakka Code!

"...he could never understand the sense of a contest in which the two adversaries agreed upon the rules." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pyre Troll






hm....i really like the riot quest wolf art, hope the miniature turns out as cool
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

Bride of Arkadius and wolf man are both pretty great, don't hate the Lady Wyshnalyrr either.

INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




United Kingdom

I love the fact that, with Sylyss, I can now field almost all of my go-to solos with alts for Warmachine or CoI - just gotta hold out for a Dirty Meg.. and maybe a reasonably priced Alexia on eBay.

   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot




Burbank, CA

Is the bride of Arkadius a new character, or just a Gender bend of the existing minion warlock?

Would love to see them gender bend characters like Siege (still bald), the Butcher (no necessarily bald, but with 'crazy hair'), old witch (yes, a creepy old dude), Eiryss, Bagman (same model, just labeled the 'Baggette').

, , , , , , ,

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





It's a minicrate so genderbender.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 skullking wrote:
Is the bride of Arkadius a new character, or just a Gender bend of the existing minion warlock?

Would love to see them gender bend characters like Siege (still bald), the Butcher (no necessarily bald, but with 'crazy hair'), old witch (yes, a creepy old dude), Eiryss, Bagman (same model, just labeled the 'Baggette').


They’ve already done an alt Ragman (‘Raggedy Mandy’):

   
Made in us
[MOD]
Madrak Ironhide







Next Wednesday February 27 they're discussing new rules for Infernals on stream.

The following Wednesday March 6 the Infernals CID begins.
[Thumb - 52784524_975624678686_1598204352143556608_o.jpg]


DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++
Get your own Dakka Code!

"...he could never understand the sense of a contest in which the two adversaries agreed upon the rules." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Not my thing, but I'm excited for the world advancement.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

*looks at boxes of unbuilt, built and even primed Cryx, then looks at Infernals happening*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/21 19:16:19


INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'm finally getting to Crucible Guard. Really liking how that turned out for a limited faction.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Madrak Ironhide







 Boss Salvage wrote:
*looks at boxes of unbuilt, built and even primed Cryx, then looks at Infernals happening*




Where on earth is that from lol

DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++
Get your own Dakka Code!

"...he could never understand the sense of a contest in which the two adversaries agreed upon the rules." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot




Burbank, CA

 malfred wrote:
 Boss Salvage wrote:
*looks at boxes of unbuilt, built and even primed Cryx, then looks at Infernals happening*




Where on earth is that from lol

Spoiler:



I have always been on the fence with Minicrate, but they finally got me!

That new Arkadius is great!, and I never bought the original, but I love playing pigs, so perfect fit.

Also, never got Alexia, Vesh, or Sylss, and they can all work with my khador, so I'm liking what I see for the future!

, , , , , , ,

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Infernal info is certainly interesting. Still not the faction for me, but quite interesting.

Essence instead of Focus/Fury, hybrid of the 2.

Masters replace Warcaster/Warlocks and allocate and cast spells with Essence like Focus, but transfer like Fury. Essence does not go away at the end of the turn, but they only replenish by sacrificing cultists from their army.

Horrors replace Warjacks/Warbeasts. Have an Essence stat and start with full Essence, run and charge for free. At the end of the turn, they have to spend one Essence or are immediately removed from play. Masters can summon new Horrors in at the cost of their Essence stat, but only come in with 1 Essence.
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





 LunarSol wrote:
Masters can summon new Horrors in at the cost of their Essence stat, but only come in with 1 Essence.

Summon back? Or they can summon just the right Horror for the job?
Seems quite interesting new mechanic!

Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
Masters can summon new Horrors in at the cost of their Essence stat, but only come in with 1 Essence.

Summon back? Or they can summon just the right Horror for the job?
Seems quite interesting new mechanic!


Summon what they want from the sounds of it. It sounded like Horrors are generally Removed from Play, so there's no summoning them "back".
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan





SoCal

For Mk4, they need to drop the whole WM Hordes split as it means nothing now, which is a good thing as it'll allow them to explore more.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Vertrucio wrote:
For Mk4, they need to drop the whole WM Hordes split as it means nothing now, which is a good thing as it'll allow them to explore more.


I've been told in the past it has more to do now with the way SKUs are tracked through distribution and other legal matters.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/27 22:06:14


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: