Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R - FAQs p.183.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Grimskul wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I wish they were that inspired for new stuff when they added new units to Sisters of Battle instead of “Seraphim, but all with the same weapons as the superior” and “Penitent engine, but slightly different rules”.
And like clockwork, the Sisters player is already complaining about the new army that just came out. Absolutely magical.




Go complain about Australian prices elsewhere H.B.M.C.


I mean he's not exactly wrong. The sisters release is more revamping and re-releasing the entire metal model range, moreso than adding completely new units like the SM releases usually are. And given that you already got your own Grail Reliquary equivalent unit, a brand new special character with their own pulpit AND your own terrain piece, I think that should tide you over until they come back to add more to their range at a later date.


But they did add a few bits. Just because they finally got round to doing them, doesn’t mean that people have to be 100% happy with everything about the release. I don’t see the harm in someone saying ‘I wish the new bits they’d added had been a little bit more imaginative’.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





There was also the PSA about Catachan Face Eaters too recently
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hellrider of Glorious Renown






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I wish they were that inspired for new stuff when they added new units to Sisters of Battle instead of “Seraphim, but all with the same weapons as the superior” and “Penitent engine, but slightly different rules”.
And like clockwork, the Sisters player is already complaining about the new army that just came out. Absolutely magical.




Go complain about Australian prices elsewhere H.B.M.C.
Both of you knock it off already.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!



DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 xttz wrote:
Let's revise the list!

PA5 = DG / GSC / Tau
PA6 = Orks / Space Wolves
PA7 = AdMech / Imperial Knights / Daemons / Chaos Knights

That leaves:

Custodes
Deathwatch
Imperial Guard
Sisters
Harlequins
Necrons

1-2 of those other factions could also show up in PA6, leaving 4-5 factions to go.

IG may be against Orks too? It's a classic match up. Though I'd be worried then that there'll be very few rules pages for Orks or IG if they have to sit in a marine supplement together.


I don't think Sisters are getting more PA rules. Their codex was their PA release and they featured as the FnF map object.

That leaves Custodes, Deathwatch, Harlies and Crons. Crons are getting their silent king that could be the largest release of the campaign. In fact it could potentially herald a new faction. There seem to be too many Imperium armies left. Particularly if IG don't feature in PA6. In that case I could see a Custodes vs Necrons vs Harlies PA then a final Deathwatch and IG vs New Silent King faction that the previous PA sets up.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Wonder what rules the phosphor rifles and six shooters will have?

Same as other Phosphor weapons?

Ignore cover saves!
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 xttz wrote:
Let's revise the list!

PA5 = DG / GSC / Tau
PA6 = Orks / Space Wolves
PA7 = AdMech / Imperial Knights / Daemons / Chaos Knights

That leaves:

Custodes
Deathwatch
Imperial Guard
Sisters
Harlequins
Necrons

1-2 of those other factions could also show up in PA6, leaving 4-5 factions to go.

IG may be against Orks too? It's a classic match up. Though I'd be worried then that there'll be very few rules pages for Orks or IG if they have to sit in a marine supplement together.


I don't think Sisters are getting more PA rules. Their codex was their PA release and they featured as the FnF map object.

That leaves Custodes, Deathwatch, Harlies and Crons. Crons are getting their silent king that could be the largest release of the campaign. In fact it could potentially herald a new faction. There seem to be too many Imperium armies left. Particularly if IG don't feature in PA6. In that case I could see a Custodes vs Necrons vs Harlies PA then a final Deathwatch and IG vs New Silent King faction that the previous PA sets up.


I tend to agree, Sisters codex release and box set counts as the PA update for them, on one hand it sucks as sisters could certainly use some additional stuff ("make a minor order" rules would be a nice touch) on the other hand the SOB codex just being released likely means they didn't have time to do new rules etc for sisters in a supplement, or if we got anything it would be material cut from the codex (like the space marine rules in PA2 clearly where)

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






BrianDavion wrote:
I tend to agree, Sisters codex release and box set counts as the PA update for them, on one hand it sucks as sisters could certainly use some additional stuff ("make a minor order" rules would be a nice touch) on the other hand the SOB codex just being released likely means they didn't have time to do new rules etc for sisters in a supplement, or if we got anything it would be material cut from the codex (like the space marine rules in PA2 clearly where)

I thought Sisters got a "v2" codex with their rules? They have special rules if the army is fully Sisters etc. Seems to me they're already up to speed insofar as rules are concerned excluding perhaps build your own order but that doesn't tend to be given to Imperials at the moment.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
I tend to agree, Sisters codex release and box set counts as the PA update for them, on one hand it sucks as sisters could certainly use some additional stuff ("make a minor order" rules would be a nice touch) on the other hand the SOB codex just being released likely means they didn't have time to do new rules etc for sisters in a supplement, or if we got anything it would be material cut from the codex (like the space marine rules in PA2 clearly where)

I thought Sisters got a "v2" codex with their rules? They have special rules if the army is fully Sisters etc. Seems to me they're already up to speed insofar as rules are concerned excluding perhaps build your own order but that doesn't tend to be given to Imperials at the moment.


Space Marines got "build a subfaction" rules in their codex. true we haven't seen it for dark angels etc. but I imagine GW assumes if a blood angels or dark angels sucessor is sufficantly differant from their home chapter to have developed their own chapter tactics then you should proably just use vanilla marines as your codex.

Sisters did get a "mono-faction bonus" true. and I'm largely content. the one thing they're missing that some factions in PA have gotten are greater rules for subfactions. It's not a big deal and as someone starting a sisters army I'm happy with what sisters have, but don't get me wrong if GW pulled me aside told me they where considering doing PA with sisters rules and asked me to do a proposal for some ideas for new things to give them I absolutely could give em a buncha ideas

But I could do that for any faction. well.. except space marines, the only things I could possiably want for them would require new models.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





Maine

All these new AdMech need a dirigible to deploy from. That includes the ornithopter too, why else would it need grabbie feet?

Voxed from Salamander 84-24020
 
   
Made in se
Ferocious Black Templar Castellan






Sweden

 Insurgency Walker wrote:
All these new AdMech need a dirigible to deploy from. That includes the ornithopter too, why else would it need grabbie feet?


That's one model I didn't know I wanted until you suggested it.

For thirteen years I had a dog with fur the darkest black. For thirteen years he was my friend, oh how I want him back. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Esmer wrote:
 Asmodai wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 xttz wrote:
Assuming PA5 = DG / GSC / Tau only, that leaves us with:

AdMech
Custodes
Deathwatch
Imperial Guard
Imperial Knights
Inquisition?
Sisters
Space Wolves
Harlequins
Necrons
Orks
Daemons
Chaos Knights

At 3 factions per book and one book per month, that means:
March = PA6
April = PA7
May = PA8
June = PA9

Adepticon (late March) would be the earliest I'd expect them to confirm a new edition.


Let's revise the list!

PA5 = DG / GSC / Tau
PA6 = Orks / Space Wolves
PA7 = AdMech / Imperial Knights / Daemons / Chaos Knights

That leaves:

Custodes
Deathwatch
Imperial Guard
Sisters
Harlequins
Necrons

1-2 of those other factions could also show up in PA6, leaving 4-5 factions to go.


My guess: PA6 will include Guard - they're the classic rival to Orks and especially Ghaz.



There was this recent rumour engine which looks very Catachan to me:

Spoiler:



I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..
   
Made in us
Morphing Obliterator



The dark hollows of Kentucky

BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
I tend to agree, Sisters codex release and box set counts as the PA update for them, on one hand it sucks as sisters could certainly use some additional stuff ("make a minor order" rules would be a nice touch) on the other hand the SOB codex just being released likely means they didn't have time to do new rules etc for sisters in a supplement, or if we got anything it would be material cut from the codex (like the space marine rules in PA2 clearly where)

I thought Sisters got a "v2" codex with their rules? They have special rules if the army is fully Sisters etc. Seems to me they're already up to speed insofar as rules are concerned excluding perhaps build your own order but that doesn't tend to be given to Imperials at the moment.


Space Marines got "build a subfaction" rules in their codex. true we haven't seen it for dark angels etc. but I imagine GW assumes if a blood angels or dark angels sucessor is sufficantly differant from their home chapter to have developed their own chapter tactics then you should proably just use vanilla marines as your codex.

Sisters did get a "mono-faction bonus" true. and I'm largely content. the one thing they're missing that some factions in PA have gotten are greater rules for subfactions. It's not a big deal and as someone starting a sisters army I'm happy with what sisters have, but don't get me wrong if GW pulled me aside told me they where considering doing PA with sisters rules and asked me to do a proposal for some ideas for new things to give them I absolutely could give em a buncha ideas

But I could do that for any faction. well.. except space marines, the only things I could possiably want for them would require new models.

Pa has helped the various sub factions feel more like themselves.... until you run out of cp. Once the cp runs out my Night Lords go right back to being space marines with spikes and lightning bolts on their armour. That's something c:sm has on everyone else, the various chapters feel like themselves even without strategems. Hopefully that'll get better with the next round of codexes.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





the units we got are double kits of units, so we wheren't going to get anything more "original" (read: entirely new kits)
truthfully the triumph and the battle pulpit both suprise me as they're genuinely new sculpts (god I wish the Pulpit was a generic HQ)

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Didn't faith and fury show the guard symbol in it?
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





Danny76 wrote:
I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..

Vehicle crew models on nauts and battlewagons have very similar binoculars to that - it might very well be an ork.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





nagash42 wrote:
Didn't faith and fury show the guard symbol in it?


Seeing guard got nothing there that hardly count as pa book for them. Or where's either rules or models for them?

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2020/02/24/tneva82-winter-war-tournament-report/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 Jidmah wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..

Vehicle crew models on nauts and battlewagons have very similar binoculars to that - it might very well be an ork.

Might as well call it 'da rummor engine' at this point?

tneva82 wrote:
nagash42 wrote:
Didn't faith and fury show the guard symbol in it?


Seeing guard got nothing there that hardly count as pa book for them. Or where's either rules or models for them?

Yea I'm not convinced the Guard symbol was in the FnF marketing but either way Guard got nothing from that book. I think its fair to expect they get more.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Jidmah wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..

Vehicle crew models on nauts and battlewagons have very similar binoculars to that - it might very well be an ork.


Orks have big claws that that hand doesn’t have.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





yeah Guard'll get something, they appered in F&F but honestly I expect theylll apper in most books where the IoM is active, but the book that gives them stuff will, presumably be saved for a book when their involvement is something other then a soruce of padded casualties for the IoM while the Marines get all the glory

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 An Actual Englishman wrote:

Yea I'm not convinced the Guard symbol was in the FnF marketing but either way Guard got nothing from that book. I think its fair to expect they get more.


Alongside FnF they did a graphic titled 'new rules for these guys' which only mentioned marines. I think i linked to it an the last page.

It didn't include Guard or Sisters, and both of those were mentioned in the original 'new rules for all these codexes' graphic at the start of psychic awakening. It's reasonable to assume they will both get something eventually.


   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





 ImAGeek wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..

Vehicle crew models on nauts and battlewagons have very similar binoculars to that - it might very well be an ork.


Orks have big claws that that hand doesn’t have.


Good point, the clawed fingers are missing.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 xttz wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:

Yea I'm not convinced the Guard symbol was in the FnF marketing but either way Guard got nothing from that book. I think its fair to expect they get more.


Alongside FnF they did a graphic titled 'new rules for these guys' which only mentioned marines. I think i linked to it an the last page.

It didn't include Guard or Sisters, and both of those were mentioned in the original 'new rules for all these codexes' graphic at the start of psychic awakening. It's reasonable to assume they will both get something eventually.



I distinctly remember the Sisters logo featuring prominently during FnF so I'm not convinced on them. IG agreed will get more. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If Sisters are getting something more in PA, it would leave something 4 IOM factions vs 2 Xenos factions, one of which is Harlequins. Can't see it myself.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ImAGeek wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..

Vehicle crew models on nauts and battlewagons have very similar binoculars to that - it might very well be an ork.


Orks have big claws that that hand doesn’t have.

May well be the angle of the pic and/or saturation. Also worth noting that the fingers of newer Ork kits have much less prominent claws.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/25 09:28:01


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 An Actual Englishman wrote:

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
I think I need someone to colour this image, I can’t see that arm and hand not being an Orks, even though yes the tech both seem more Imperial..

Vehicle crew models on nauts and battlewagons have very similar binoculars to that - it might very well be an ork.


Orks have big claws that that hand doesn’t have.

May well be the angle of the pic and/or saturation. Also worth noting that the fingers of newer Ork kits have much less prominent claws.


The way the hand is in the rumour engine photo, you’d see the claws. And the hands of the Orks on the vehicle kits that I can actually see from the website, still have claws that would be visible in the rumour engine pic.
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 ImAGeek wrote:
The way the hand is in the rumour engine photo, you’d see the claws. And the hands of the Orks on the vehicle kits that I can actually see from the website, still have claws that would be visible in the rumour engine pic.

I disagree. Either way - we'll find out one way or another soon enough and this isn't the topic for Rumour Engine discussion. This discussion is PA.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:

Yea I'm not convinced the Guard symbol was in the FnF marketing but either way Guard got nothing from that book. I think its fair to expect they get more.


Alongside FnF they did a graphic titled 'new rules for these guys' which only mentioned marines. I think i linked to it an the last page.

It didn't include Guard or Sisters, and both of those were mentioned in the original 'new rules for all these codexes' graphic at the start of psychic awakening. It's reasonable to assume they will both get something eventually.



I distinctly remember the Sisters logo featuring prominently during FnF so I'm not convinced on them. IG agreed will get more. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If Sisters are getting something more in PA, it would leave something 4 IOM factions vs 2 Xenos factions, one of which is Harlequins. Can't see it myself.

.


I suppose nothings preventing them from having a conflict zone that includes factions that already got stuff and thus are present but don't have rules. such as "sisters versus chaos space marines!"

also we're assuming no new armies are going to be introduced. but yeah IMHO sisters are a "post PA faction" so won't get it anymore then a traitor guard codex released 6 months from now (hypotheticly speaking) can expect it. I imagine though if GW detirmines they need a bit more it'd be easy eneugh to do a one shot book with them. heck faith and fury really does seem like it's a "to be continued" storyline. I could see GW revisiting that conflict to give the sisters a few bits and blobs, and give CSMs a "doctrine equivilant"

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






It'll probably turn out to be a Blackstone Fortress thing anyway. GW love to make us think some faction is getting an update when really it's a single one-off model.

Curious if we'll see PA5 shown tomoro. It's the first preorder day after January payday for most people, so it's a good time for some 40k releases & the next wave of Sisters. The following release date lines up with an AT / AI event at Warhammer World, making that less likely.
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





BrianDavion wrote:
the units we got are double kits of units, so we wheren't going to get anything more "original" (read: entirely new kits)
truthfully the triumph and the battle pulpit both suprise me as they're genuinely new sculpts (god I wish the Pulpit was a generic HQ)

Oh yeah, the new HQ are really nice, and I also wish the pulpit was generic canoness option rather than order locked! Agreed on both count.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
And I suspect people have been complaining about people complaining for almost as long.
 
   
Made in us
Raging Ravener




North Carolina

I'm also not convinced Harlequins will get something. Was that symbol in that kickoff article Harlequins or Ynnari? Technically speaking, Ynnari got something... yeah, a gakky reprint, but still. But GW's never been one to make grandiose promises with asterisks at the end! Oh wait...
   
Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







If the rumor-arm is that of a Guardsman, our collective hopes of better-proportioned AsMil are clearly for naught. The proportions on it are really off. What could it be, though? Binoculars and a pointing finger suggest either special forces recon type or artillery to me, and the army already has Scions for the former and oversaturation of the latter.

Unless it's a new Master of Ordnance sculpt who's really, really hench and shirtless for reasons of designer idiocy.

"The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas." 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Agamemnon2 wrote:
If the rumor-arm is that of a Guardsman, our collective hopes of better-proportioned AsMil are clearly for naught. The proportions on it are really off. What could it be, though? Binoculars and a pointing finger suggest either special forces recon type or artillery to me, and the army already has Scions for the former and oversaturation of the latter.

Unless it's a new Master of Ordnance sculpt who's really, really hench and shirtless for reasons of designer idiocy.


Rattling sniper-spotter is a solid theory.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: