Switch Theme:

Space Marines 8th edition, glory to the codex (ohh and those black templar guys too)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




 ph34r wrote:
What do people think the best units to go with for Raven Guard (specifically, I am making Raptors with Lias Issodon) ?


Personally i think you don't actually want a pure gunline with raven guard since even unless all your enemy has is heavy weapons they'll just move whilst firing and close until we breaks your chapter tactics. Necrons for instance with a load of warriors can probably wether the storm and then just blast you point blank way better than you can and there are other things like eldar can find ways to mitigate or even ignore it with a few units.

I think a mix is best of a strong gunline of infantry (probably intercessors and devastators) and maybe dreads if that's your thing in the back with units like terminators and assault squads/VV in reserve to jump down and slow advances and finish off units so you can take objectives

Also Aggressors get a special mention imho since with the stratagem you can start the game 9" away and then either take double shots with guns and frags or move forward and burn a unit to death
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






GAdvance wrote:
 ph34r wrote:
What do people think the best units to go with for Raven Guard (specifically, I am making Raptors with Lias Issodon) ?


Personally i think you don't actually want a pure gunline with raven guard since even unless all your enemy has is heavy weapons they'll just move whilst firing and close until we breaks your chapter tactics. Necrons for instance with a load of warriors can probably wether the storm and then just blast you point blank way better than you can and there are other things like eldar can find ways to mitigate or even ignore it with a few units.

I think a mix is best of a strong gunline of infantry (probably intercessors and devastators) and maybe dreads if that's your thing in the back with units like terminators and assault squads/VV in reserve to jump down and slow advances and finish off units so you can take objectives

Also Aggressors get a special mention imho since with the stratagem you can start the game 9" away and then either take double shots with guns and frags or move forward and burn a unit to death


Ditto i think you want a good mix of things.

im honestly thinking centurion assault squads poping up 9" away then moving and assaulting could be one of the most broken things in the game for T1 assault.

but you still want a good gun line to take out any flyers or other heavy support that you can spot.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Indiana

People have to remember that most people are going to have screens of some sort for deep strike. So you need to take that into account.

People who stopped buying GW but wont stop bitching about it are the vegans of warhammer

My Deathwatch army project thread  
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






 Leth wrote:
People have to remember that most people are going to have screens of some sort for deep strike. So you need to take that into account.


Well centurion assault marines come with two flamers or meltas AND hurrican bolters

thats kinda comparable to a aggressor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/24 21:48:53


 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




What are you guys going to use as screens in your SM armies? Scouts? Tacs? An IG detachment?

Careful deployment can help mitigate the units that are within 9" of a dropping enemy unit, but I've found that a lot of my lists don't have a ton of expendable units in them so far.
   
Made in se
Dakka Veteran





jcd386 wrote:
What are you guys going to use as screens in your SM armies? Scouts? Tacs? An IG detachment?


I've recently started using Shotgun-Scouts as screens.
I've had mixed results, but they look awesome if nothing else.

5000 pts
5500 pts
6500 pts
8500 pts
10.000 pts
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




jcd386 wrote:
What are you guys going to use as screens in your SM armies? Scouts? Tacs? An IG detachment?

Careful deployment can help mitigate the units that are within 9" of a dropping enemy unit, but I've found that a lot of my lists don't have a ton of expendable units in them so far.

For the current list I'm using, it's three squads of CCW Scouts, all with Combi-Melta just in case. I know Combi-Plasma is the hot thing, but my friends only have the Combi-Melta so...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Lemondish wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 wtwlf123 wrote:
On the page that explains how to use detachments and what command points are.

I feel like a jackass for missing that. If I knew that I might gotten better than 4th at my locals.


Congrats either way!

Thanks. The Minotaurs list I posted here and in the Army List section actually did alright. I guess my other issue is just how Chapter Tactics are supposed to work for us FW Chapter users.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/24 22:19:15


CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




 Desubot wrote:
GAdvance wrote:
 ph34r wrote:
What do people think the best units to go with for Raven Guard (specifically, I am making Raptors with Lias Issodon) ?


Personally i think you don't actually want a pure gunline with raven guard since even unless all your enemy has is heavy weapons they'll just move whilst firing and close until we breaks your chapter tactics. Necrons for instance with a load of warriors can probably wether the storm and then just blast you point blank way better than you can and there are other things like eldar can find ways to mitigate or even ignore it with a few units.

I think a mix is best of a strong gunline of infantry (probably intercessors and devastators) and maybe dreads if that's your thing in the back with units like terminators and assault squads/VV in reserve to jump down and slow advances and finish off units so you can take objectives

Also Aggressors get a special mention imho since with the stratagem you can start the game 9" away and then either take double shots with guns and frags or move forward and burn a unit to death


Ditto i think you want a good mix of things.

im honestly thinking centurion assault squads poping up 9" away then moving and assaulting could be one of the most broken things in the game for T1 assault.

but you still want a good gun line to take out any flyers or other heavy support that you can spot.


Yeah despite what people htink it's not a straight boost to surviveability, it's a situational bonus that is basec on making your enemy play actively aggressive, i'm all for active aggression in the game but you force someone who isn't used to it to rush at you and they'll make serious and exploitable mistakes.

Assault Centurions are almost certainly the most capable candidate but they cost more than anything else and people are already learning to bubblewrap so it'll be situational at best
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






GAdvance wrote:


Yeah despite what people htink it's not a straight boost to surviveability, it's a situational bonus that is basec on making your enemy play actively aggressive, i'm all for active aggression in the game but you force someone who isn't used to it to rush at you and they'll make serious and exploitable mistakes.

Assault Centurions are almost certainly the most capable candidate but they cost more than anything else and people are already learning to bubblewrap so it'll be situational at best


Its primarily why i like the idea of assault centurions

a unit of 3 has 6d6 flamers and 18 bolter shots out their chests. i dont recall how much aggressors can put out but i dont think their fists are nearlly as strong as siege drills.

it should for the most part wreck most bubble wrap level units.

double that for a full unit but man thats expensive unit for 13 Str10 ap -4 D3 close combat attacks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/24 22:58:14


 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit



Ottawa

sossen wrote:
Lemondish wrote:
sossen wrote:
The difference between battalion and brigade is pretty big, it's a shame that SM are basically locked out of any reasonable brigade builds. Some of the SM stratagems are very impactful and you always want to have the option of interrupting your opponent's charge attacks.


Well, that's what balance and compelling choices are all about. You have to give to get.


SM has to give a lot more than most to get that juicy brigade. I doubt that it's worth it, 6 naked scout/tac/intercessor squads and three (probably bad) FA choices is a heavy price to pay.


In exchange, SM gets really impactful stratagems, just as you described. I see no issues here. Yet.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Indiana

Luckily speeders took a price drop of 15 points so that is something to consider.

People who stopped buying GW but wont stop bitching about it are the vegans of warhammer

My Deathwatch army project thread  
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

So, I am manipulating my list so I can get more Command Points. I have one Battalion and two Vanguard Detachments planned. I am one Elites short on one Vanguard Detachment, however, I have a 10-man Sternguard Squad. Should I divide the Sternguard up, despite it reducing the effectiveness of Strategems, or just live with 7 Command Points?

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




 casvalremdeikun wrote:
So, I am manipulating my list so I can get more Command Points. I have one Battalion and two Vanguard Detachments planned. I am one Elites short on one Vanguard Detachment, however, I have a 10-man Sternguard Squad. Should I divide the Sternguard up, despite it reducing the effectiveness of Strategems, or just live with 7 Command Points?


Depends, what else do you have and do you value spending CP on those other things. If the sternguard are your best unit then probably not since you can't same the same stratagem twice a round, that said though sternguard are pretty easy to kill, so i wouldn't bet on them being you're be all end all.

Also i think you have to allocate CP to what you're likely to need in your mind ahead of battle, for me it's like 2 on rerolls, 2 on morale and my other 3 wherever i need them at the time.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 casvalremdeikun wrote:
So, I am manipulating my list so I can get more Command Points. I have one Battalion and two Vanguard Detachments planned. I am one Elites short on one Vanguard Detachment, however, I have a 10-man Sternguard Squad. Should I divide the Sternguard up, despite it reducing the effectiveness of Strategems, or just live with 7 Command Points?

7 is a lot. I say stick with the giant squad.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

GAdvance wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
So, I am manipulating my list so I can get more Command Points. I have one Battalion and two Vanguard Detachments planned. I am one Elites short on one Vanguard Detachment, however, I have a 10-man Sternguard Squad. Should I divide the Sternguard up, despite it reducing the effectiveness of Strategems, or just live with 7 Command Points?


Depends, what else do you have and do you value spending CP on those other things. If the sternguard are your best unit then probably not since you can't same the same stratagem twice a round, that said though sternguard are pretty easy to kill, so i wouldn't bet on them being you're be all end all.

Also i think you have to allocate CP to what you're likely to need in your mind ahead of battle, for me it's like 2 on rerolls, 2 on morale and my other 3 wherever i need them at the time.

Pedro Kantor
Rhino Primaris
Lieutenant (with Fist of Vengeance)
Apothecary
Honour Guard
Intercessors Squad x2
Bolter Scouts
Sternguard with Combi Melta x5
Sternguard with Combi Plasma x5
Sternguard with Special Issue Boltguns x10
Lascannon Devastators
Hellblasters
Asscan Razorback X2
Rhino

I have the points left for a Chapter Champion or a Lieutenant with a Power Sword. The Chapter Champion seems to be a better choice since the first Lieutenant and Pedro will make synergize well. A second Lieutenant would go back with Hellblasters or Lascannon Devastators.

Ultimately, I think Slayer-Fan123 is right, 7 CP is probably enough. Plus, a huge squad of Sternguard works better with Command Points and they have a high enough Leadership not to lose too much to Morale.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard




Speaking as someone who picks up the book on Thursday:
Is there any reason not to fill up 'bad' slots with other allies? I can just jam my Fast Attack full of Dominions and my Heavy Support full of... I dunno, something cheap from IG. Getting a lot of CPs seems vital in order to use many abilities, and Dominions are already great, so what's the downside?
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter






Waaaghpower wrote:
Speaking as someone who picks up the book on Thursday:
Is there any reason not to fill up 'bad' slots with other allies? I can just jam my Fast Attack full of Dominions and my Heavy Support full of... I dunno, something cheap from IG. Getting a lot of CPs seems vital in order to use many abilities, and Dominions are already great, so what's the downside?


You would lose out on chapter tactics

otherwise getting 12+ CP would be trivial.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in ca
Bounding Assault Marine






 Desubot wrote:
Waaaghpower wrote:
Speaking as someone who picks up the book on Thursday:
Is there any reason not to fill up 'bad' slots with other allies? I can just jam my Fast Attack full of Dominions and my Heavy Support full of... I dunno, something cheap from IG. Getting a lot of CPs seems vital in order to use many abilities, and Dominions are already great, so what's the downside?


You would lose out on chapter tactics

otherwise getting 12+ CP would be trivial.


and chapter tactics can be a game changer. does anyone know if that affects relics too? for some reason i thought i read that it did
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard






Palm Beach, FL

What do people think is the best loadout for a backfield Captain to babysit some long range stuff? Maybe Primaris with a MC Stalker Rifle?
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard




 Desubot wrote:
Waaaghpower wrote:
Speaking as someone who picks up the book on Thursday:
Is there any reason not to fill up 'bad' slots with other allies? I can just jam my Fast Attack full of Dominions and my Heavy Support full of... I dunno, something cheap from IG. Getting a lot of CPs seems vital in order to use many abilities, and Dominions are already great, so what's the downside?


You would lose out on chapter tactics

otherwise getting 12+ CP would be trivial.

Ooh, gotcha. Out of curiosity, can you still bring in allied detachments without losing Chapter Tactics? Does the whole ARMY have to be [Chapter], or just the Detachment?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 MasterSlowPoke wrote:
What do people think is the best loadout for a backfield Captain to babysit some long range stuff? Maybe Primaris with a MC Stalker Rifle?


This is what i'm planning to use initially. Cheap and reasonably effective backline buff unit.

Though i might also add in the power sword, simply as an additional combat aid should the need arise.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





College Park, MD

Waaaghpower wrote:
 Desubot wrote:
Waaaghpower wrote:
Speaking as someone who picks up the book on Thursday:
Is there any reason not to fill up 'bad' slots with other allies? I can just jam my Fast Attack full of Dominions and my Heavy Support full of... I dunno, something cheap from IG. Getting a lot of CPs seems vital in order to use many abilities, and Dominions are already great, so what's the downside?


You would lose out on chapter tactics

otherwise getting 12+ CP would be trivial.

Ooh, gotcha. Out of curiosity, can you still bring in allied detachments without losing Chapter Tactics? Does the whole ARMY have to be [Chapter], or just the Detachment?


They said detachment on Facebook. So you could take a cheap battalion full of mixed Imperium for 9 command points, and then what you want in a smaller detachment. Probably not worthspending 300-500 points just to get more command points though.

 
   
Made in au
Been Around the Block




 casvalremdeikun wrote:
 Desubot wrote:
jcd386 wrote:
I actually think IF are better than people think. Their warlord trait makes devastators more durable than that raven guard CT does vs -1 weapons (which are the best things to kill them with), and ignoring cover makes killing infantry much easier.

They are likely the best anti primaris / grey knights / heavy infantry army chapter since there is no way to get cover saves vs things like plasma and Dakka dreads.
I totally forgot to look into wl traits

what did everyone else get?
Crimson Fists WL trait is basically Rampage except it triggers if he is within 6" of 10 enemy models. So Pedro Kantor does 5+d3 attacks if 10 or more models are near him. Kind of lame, actually. I would have preferred Iron Resolve (+1W and Ignore Wounds on 6).


True, but it makes him a flat out murder machine in CC.

+1 A to himself and all allies within 6". +1d3A when he has 10+ enemies within 6".

Park a banner, apothecary and Lt near him (with the fist of vengance) for the win.

Its almost worth buying a second relic for the 'banner of the emperor'. Maybe a third relic so the Apothecary can get himself a 2+ save.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ph34r wrote:
What do people think the best units to go with for Raven Guard (specifically, I am making Raptors with Lias Issodon) ?


Primaris Agressors.

Park as many of them as you want 9" away before turn 1 using your strategem. 4 units of 5 should suffice. It'll cost you 4 CP. It'll cost 800 points.

Alpha strike him with each unit spitting out 60 bolter shots and 20d6 frag grenade shots.

Thats 240 bolter shots and 80d6 frag grenade rounds... it should remove pretty much every troop he has from the board.

I advise picking a Lt or two and Captain (or Shrike) with jump packs, and deep striking them on turn 1 near the units for re-rolls to hit and wound. Thats another 3-400 points.

Remaining points should be spend on as many lascannons on troops and dreads as you can afford and parking them miles away in a gunline.

Have a few cheap deepstriking units (Reivers are OK) to drop on objectives while your opponenet deals with the Alpha strike.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/25 09:35:42


 
   
Made in fi
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets




Finland

Malifice wrote:

 ph34r wrote:
What do people think the best units to go with for Raven Guard (specifically, I am making Raptors with Lias Issodon) ?


Primaris Agressors.

Park as many of them as you want 9" away before turn 1 using your strategem. 4 units of 5 should suffice. It'll cost you 4 CP. It'll cost 800 points.

Alpha strike him with each unit spitting out 60 bolter shots and 20d6 frag grenade shots.

Thats 240 bolter shots and 80d6 frag grenade rounds... it should remove pretty much every troop he has from the board.

I advise picking a Lt or two and Captain (or Shrike) with jump packs, and deep striking them on turn 1 near the units for re-rolls to hit and wound. Thats another 3-400 points.

Remaining points should be spend on as many lascannons on troops and dreads as you can afford and parking them miles away in a gunline.

Have a few cheap deepstriking units (Reivers are OK) to drop on objectives while your opponenet deals with the Alpha strike.


Okay, "during deployment" is not a phase per se, but I'm pretty sure that the RG stratagem is going to be FAQ'd for one use only in Matched play. Setting up several units within rapid fire range sounds not only gamey but rather disgusting as well.

Enjoy it while it lasts though.

7000+
3500
2000 
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer



London

 Weazel wrote:
Malifice wrote:

 ph34r wrote:
What do people think the best units to go with for Raven Guard (specifically, I am making Raptors with Lias Issodon) ?


Primaris Agressors.

Park as many of them as you want 9" away before turn 1 using your strategem. 4 units of 5 should suffice. It'll cost you 4 CP. It'll cost 800 points.

Alpha strike him with each unit spitting out 60 bolter shots and 20d6 frag grenade shots.

Thats 240 bolter shots and 80d6 frag grenade rounds... it should remove pretty much every troop he has from the board.

I advise picking a Lt or two and Captain (or Shrike) with jump packs, and deep striking them on turn 1 near the units for re-rolls to hit and wound. Thats another 3-400 points.

Remaining points should be spend on as many lascannons on troops and dreads as you can afford and parking them miles away in a gunline.

Have a few cheap deepstriking units (Reivers are OK) to drop on objectives while your opponenet deals with the Alpha strike.


Okay, "during deployment" is not a phase per se, but I'm pretty sure that the RG stratagem is going to be FAQ'd for one use only in Matched play. Setting up several units within rapid fire range sounds not only gamey but rather disgusting as well.

Enjoy it while it lasts though.

Stratagems you use before game are specifically called out as unlimited in the BRB (page 215). And honestly I doubt they'll nerf this as it fits wiht the RG's character. It's just better than most other stratagems. I think it should probably cost 2CPs, or maybe 1 CP for troops and 2 for anything else.

Note though that they will count as moving, so cannot double-fire. Check the FAQs for this if you want confirmation. Deep strike, and anything similar, always makes the squad count as having moved.

Casvalremdeikun, why not take a heavy support detachment instead of another elite? You have two heavy support choices already and there are loads of good ones that you could add on. But for now you seem to have only 3 HQs and you need 4. The apothecary and chapter champion are both elites. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something though.

How are you finding the rhino primaris? I'm going to be at warhammer world this weekend and am thinking of buying one. Giving a unit +1 to hit is an immense bonus - potentially good enough to make my IF bolter drill stratagem worth using.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




You only count as moving for the turn in which you came in as reinforcements.
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

Mandragola wrote:

Casvalremdeikun, why not take a heavy support detachment instead of another elite? You have two heavy support choices already and there are loads of good ones that you could add on. But for now you seem to have only 3 HQs and you need 4. The apothecary and chapter champion are both elites. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something though.

How are you finding the rhino primaris? I'm going to be at warhammer world this weekend and am thinking of buying one. Giving a unit +1 to hit is an immense bonus - potentially good enough to make my IF bolter drill stratagem worth using.
That's actually the dilemma. If I take another Lieutenant, I will have four HQ, but only 5 Elite. If I split the Sternguard, that will give me 6, which is enough for two Vanguard Detachments. But I don't really want to split the Sternguard because Bolter Drill and Masterful Marksmanship both only affect one unit. I think I am just going to stick with the two detachments for now.

I haven't actually used the Rhino Primaris yet. Most of my games have been at 1000 pts, and it is too expensive to field at that value. It still looks like it will work great though. It is a Rhino, so it can Regen on a 6, but also heal itself with a Servo Skull if needed. But the +1 to Hit is great. It basically negates my need for dedicated anti-air. It will function as a delivery system for Pedro, the Lieutenant, the Apothecary, Honour Guard, and whatever the six model ends up being. The Chapter Champion's 2+ Armor and non-redundant ability makes him an ideal candidate. A Company Champion might be workable as well. His ability to get an Invulnerable, even if it is a 5+, helps him out a bit, though at the cost of an attack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/25 13:21:53


5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker





Stratagems you use before game are specifically called out as unlimited in the BRB (page 215). And honestly I doubt they'll nerf this as it fits wiht the RG's character. It's just better than most other stratagems. I think it should probably cost 2CPs, or maybe 1 CP for troops and 2 for anything else.

Note though that they will count as moving, so cannot double-fire. Check the FAQs for this if you want confirmation. Deep strike, and anything similar, always makes the squad count as having moved.

Ignore the boltstorm gauntlets and frag launchers and just grab the flamer gauntlets then, sart 9" away and then move into flamer range on turn 1.

Honestly as someone who will have to use RG tactics until/unless FW releases chapter tactics i think using this multiple times is broken as hell, particularly with flamestorm aggressors who could honestly wipe an infantry unit each
   
Made in se
Road-Raging Blood Angel Biker




I'm pretty sure that the aggressors count as not having moved during their turn, since they will specifically deploy before turn 1 starts according to the stratagem.
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit



Ottawa

GAdvance wrote:

Stratagems you use before game are specifically called out as unlimited in the BRB (page 215). And honestly I doubt they'll nerf this as it fits wiht the RG's character. It's just better than most other stratagems. I think it should probably cost 2CPs, or maybe 1 CP for troops and 2 for anything else.

Note though that they will count as moving, so cannot double-fire. Check the FAQs for this if you want confirmation. Deep strike, and anything similar, always makes the squad count as having moved.

Ignore the boltstorm gauntlets and frag launchers and just grab the flamer gauntlets then, sart 9" away and then move into flamer range on turn 1.

Honestly as someone who will have to use RG tactics until/unless FW releases chapter tactics i think using this multiple times is broken as hell, particularly with flamestorm aggressors who could honestly wipe an infantry unit each



They aren't deep striking, I thought. Because they're actually deploying, even if they have the same limitation for positioning as deep strike, it isn't a deep strike, right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/25 14:39:57


 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: