Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - 2nd Exemplary Battles Campaign with Atramentar Rules - Remus Ventanus  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

 MajorWesJanson wrote:
Some legions get all the nice models, and others are left with the dregs.

Yeah, they really need to go back and start filling in the gaps. Didn't they say every Legion was getting a praetor?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I hope FW starts redoing a lot of the older models.

Imagine a new Abbadon and Loken.

World Eaters probably need the most love, since they have models but they're horribly dated.
Word Bearers and NL have a mix of new and old that I wouldn't mind seeing updated as well.

And a lot of the loyalists could do with an upgrade.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Abaddon is great. Tbh, some of the newer models are a lot worse than most of the older stuff, the Space Wolves in particular, and I don’t see them starting with them...

Really like Maloghurst though. He looks excellent.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Burn everything and rebuild in plastic.
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

 GaroRobe wrote:
I hope FW starts redoing a lot of the older models.

Only if they redo them in plastic. There's still lots of gaps that need filling.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 GaroRobe wrote:
I hope FW starts redoing a lot of the older models.


Good lord, no! With the exception of the Space Wolves...
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

It is just a problem of paintjob, FW normal paintjobs are horrible to show the fine detail of the models.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/15 17:10:46


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


Doesn't really matter since they all paint prints for the Studio pieces.

DA70+S++G++M(GD)B+++I++++Pw40k96-D+++A++/mWD218R+++T(M)DM++ 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


I thought the same of the phyrr cats and yet they turned out to be resin.

I think it might be a result of GW doing more 3D design work and some of their 3D plastic design team working on resin models; or models being designed with plastic in mind and then being made in resin.

A Blog in Miniature

The Swarm Arises

Do you ever notice, sometimes, there's an extra post? 
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council






So, for quite a bit, every legion mostly had 2 special characters, with only one being released.
Could they be doing the releases for those?
He also isnt on a Diorama like the others. Like Ahriman and Fell HAnded.
So maybe he is plastic.
just an idea.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


Posted this on B&C and I'll repeat here:

I doubt it. Take a look at the fine details like spikes, rivets, the gloves and backpack holes. They're well defined as per a resin cast. Where, with plastic, they tend to be angled slightly so that it work in GWs mould machines. To me, there's too many undercuts, fine detail and the like that makes this more likely be a resin cast
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


I mean, both the Word Bearer Preators also looked very Plastic-esque and turned out to be resin, it's just a matter of a more GW-esque Paintjob.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Galas wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?


Forgeworld.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/15 18:08:05


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

Love it. So nice to finally see one of my favourite characters after all these years

Emperor's Children
The Fourth Seal
 ClockworkZion wrote:
And sure, I assumed too much
 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Grot Snipa





Atlanta, GA

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Kirioth has posited that, based on how crisp the detail is, Mallghurst may be a plastic model.

I’m inclined to agree. There’s just something about it which doesn’t suggest a resin release.


People speculated the same thing about Tarvitz and he ended up resin.
   
Made in ca
Resolute Ultramarine Honor Guard






Vancouver, BC

I very much doubt that there will be any plastic heresy releases as even the limited run Medicae and Praetor they sold out of GW stores were Resin.

Unless, of course, it's a Calth/Propsero style box set.

In which case they would be probably be announcing that rather than just Mallghurst.

 warboss wrote:
Is there a permanent stickied thread for Chaos players to complain every time someone/anyone gets models or rules besides them? If not, there should be.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


Always nice to see a post that's going to age like fine... milk.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


I mean... take into account that this is not what you'll get, be it resin or not. This is , as you say, a 3d print of the model, so for example it doesn't really matter how hard an Iron Halo migt or might not be to make in resin. That will be after, with whatever you get, not here.

Also, it's been years and years since last I bought resin stuff from FW, but resin itself is not a problem for stuff like that. Take Artel W's minis, for example: the casts are clean as feth, and even the really, really small pieces get here unbroken and unbent.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/16 06:29:41


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Albertorius wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


I mean... take into account that this is not what you'll get, be it resin or not. This is , as you say, a 3d print of the model, so for example it doesn't really matter how hard an Iron Halo migt or might not be to make in resin. That will be after, with whatever you get, not here.

Also, it's been years and years since last I bought resin stuff from FW, but resin itself is not a problem for stuff like that. Take Artel W's minis, for example: the casts are clean as feth, and even the really, really small pieces get here unbroken and unbent.


But that's Artel W, not Forgeworld, which is universally known for absolutely gak Resin at insane prices.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Albertorius wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


I mean... take into account that this is not what you'll get, be it resin or not. This is , as you say, a 3d print of the model, so for example it doesn't really matter how hard an Iron Halo migt or might not be to make in resin. That will be after, with whatever you get, not here.

Also, it's been years and years since last I bought resin stuff from FW, but resin itself is not a problem for stuff like that. Take Artel W's minis, for example: the casts are clean as feth, and even the really, really small pieces get here unbroken and unbent.


But that's Artel W, not Forgeworld, which is universally known for absolutely gak Resin at insane prices.


That's why I said that the end result for the client doesn't much matter, as this is a 3d printed master, yes.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


Why are you talking like the only resin in the world is GW produced one?

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






There’s usually some detail which gives away plastic, so compromise the sculpt has to make to work with the metal moulds. However, GW have been getting better and better at hiding that and cutting up the sculpt in more intricate ways to maximise what is possible. So, I just can’t tell. There’s nothing about this that says it’s definitely plastic or definitely resin to me.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Galas wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


Why are you talking like the only resin in the world is GW produced one?


Cause, we're comparing FW to GW, we absolutely should only be comparing GW resin and GW plastic. Absolutely nothing to gain out of discussing Artel W resin or something else, when talking about a model we both know GW made.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I really, really doubt Mal is plastic. There are a lot of clearly FW style design cues.

The head, for one, looks like a lot of FW, not GW heads.

The rock he's standing on is closer to FW rocks.
The skulls on the banner, the pipes on his armor, etc are all reminiscent of FW sculpting and design.

The only thing that's stopping me from believing he's 99% resin is I was sure Uriel Ventris was also going to be resin.
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

 Dysartes wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
 Galas wrote:
In what world we live in that plastic has crisper detail than resin?

Are you stuck in 2010? Because that was about last year resin could claim to have any advantages, ever since then, it was just all the way down. You don't even need to look at comical, 2 cm thick HH capes or warped "details" on resin models, all you need to do is to compare plastic HH units/characters with resin ones. Heaven and earth, and that's with 2016 plastics, not 2020 ones. Even the rivets are no longer a problem.

And yeah, can't see this being resin. Doesn't look like junk, way too nice and uniform details, and the most damningly, the Iron Halo between his hand and banner is virtually impossible to be made in resin, it will bend or snap in casting 99/100 times. The only way it can be resin it's 3D printed resin master, because FW casting process won't make what was shown on WC photo, ever


Always nice to see a post that's going to age like fine... milk.


It's clearly metal...and a conversion. I'd stake Irbis's life on it.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




It'll be resin simply because I want it to be plastic.
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Looks plastic.
/Edit - IDK why they would be making a plastic HH model, so I'm not saying it is plastic, but it does look like plastic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/16 13:26:26


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Personally i found it hilarious that everyone is so used to Forgeworld minis being absolute crap, that everytime they see a good-looking one they automatically go "Nah that can't be Forgeworld it's gotta be plastic."

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

Never mind

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/04/16 14:44:51


LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: