Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar 3.0 News & Rumors (Kruleboyz + AoS Terrain Pre-order Sep 18. App Beta)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

I bought into AOS 3.0 because of the Stormcast Eternals. I like their new armor because it looks like someone in armor and not some stupid robot. There are still plenty of things I would improve about them, I am doing head swaps on all the dumb Blood Angels style heads that they have, but that is part of the hobby.

SCE are GWs ultimate good guys in a world that is torn a sunder. It makes sense that they are in the box and if you don’t like it but want the core rules and Kruelboyz, you’d have no problem buying it and selling the SCE half and still come out with a good “perceived” value.

SCE are a low model (I won’t say cost) entry into the game which is what starter boxes and launch kits are supposed to be. How many models a regular Cities of Sigmar going to have? Can you put that same number of models in a starter box for the same price? Without arguing that the price is invalid. If cities of Sigmar will be so popular, why wouldn’t GW sell them separately to cash in? It’s their prerogative.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Theophony wrote:
I bought into AOS 3.0 because of the Stormcast Eternals. I like their new armor because it looks like someone in armor and not some stupid robot. There are still plenty of things I would improve about them, I am doing head swaps on all the dumb Blood Angels style heads that they have, but that is part of the hobby.

SCE are GWs ultimate good guys in a world that is torn a sunder. It makes sense that they are in the box and if you don’t like it but want the core rules and Kruelboyz, you’d have no problem buying it and selling the SCE half and still come out with a good “perceived” value.

SCE are a low model (I won’t say cost) entry into the game which is what starter boxes and launch kits are supposed to be. How many models a regular Cities of Sigmar going to have? Can you put that same number of models in a starter box for the same price? Without arguing that the price is invalid. If cities of Sigmar will be so popular, why wouldn’t GW sell them separately to cash in? It’s their prerogative.


hell dominion comes out atg 1360 points of SCEs by itself, that's pretty damn good for the sticker price.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





Carlovonsexron wrote:
Sign me up for the people who were (and still laregly are) bored with storm casts. i was ready to hop on the train until I saw that they were still too big and out of scale. I don't want to play with 40 -45mm figures. I long for the days of even just 32mm, as I know there will never be a day for 25mm again in the world of warhammer.


You realize right that scale/size depends on how big guy they are supposed to be?

Stormcasts are in universum way bigger than regular human so if they were 32mm tall then either regular humans would need to be lot smaller than that or stormcast would be wrong scale...

You don't have 8 foot tall super humans be same sized model as regular human model.

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
jojo_monkey_boy expressed above that this is unreasonable, that by purchasing a product they like customers "lap it up" implying a dog-like level of intelligence (because feth rule #1 amirite?). Then doubles down by implying that a lack of originality immediately equates to a lack of quality, and presents his subjective opinion on the models as fact.


There's a lot of creative writing going on in your post that may not be all that accurate, but yes, you're correct that my post did convey my subjective opinion on sigmarines. I think they're boring and very likely the result of a corporation asking, "How can we take this idea that makes us tons of money and change it slightly to make us even more money." Which, as I insinuated before, is great for them. But it doesn't make an original idea.

But yeah, we're all on here spouting our subjective opinions, not drafting deep research studies that need exhaustive methodologies and peer review. If mine bothers you, I'm aware that dakka now has an ignore function, you might want to block me.
The hypocrisy is delicious.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
tneva82 wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
Sign me up for the people who were (and still laregly are) bored with storm casts. i was ready to hop on the train until I saw that they were still too big and out of scale. I don't want to play with 40 -45mm figures. I long for the days of even just 32mm, as I know there will never be a day for 25mm again in the world of warhammer.


You realize right that scale/size depends on how big guy they are supposed to be?

Stormcasts are in universum way bigger than regular human so if they were 32mm tall then either regular humans would need to be lot smaller than that or stormcast would be wrong scale...

You don't have 8 foot tall super humans be same sized model as regular human model.
He may be referring to the rumors of the new SCE being bigger than the old. They've since been debunked but that's easy to miss.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/05 08:46:41


Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






In case anyone's not following the Killteam rumours current rumour is Killteam goes on preorder on the 14th with a 2 week preorder which means that the next AoS release is probably preorder 28th for release on the 4th of September.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 DaveC wrote:
In case anyone's not following the Killteam rumours current rumour is Killteam goes on preorder on the 14th with a 2 week preorder which means that the next AoS release is probably preorder 28th for release on the 4th of September.


DRAGONS FOR MY BIRTHDAY YEAAAAH!

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






tneva82 wrote:
 Geifer wrote:

Keep in mind that the equivalents here are Necron Warriors/bog boyz and Marines/Sigmarines. I don't think the Necron situation has any bearing on the Sigmarine side of things.


Bog boyz/marines/whatever are fairly irrelevant when point is that for like 2-3£ you get same plus character+models for other faction that you can sell away + other stuff.

It's very hard to NOT get necron warriors cheaper by buying starter set than recruit edition.

Now if vindictors come in box of 5 for 45€ we are in same situation. For 5€ you get same + knight arcantum + 12 kruleboyz and I'll be damned if somebody doesn't buy the 10 gutrippas for 6€ minimum...Which would make starter set cheaper way to get vindictors and you get gaming mat(even if not super quality).

So I'm suspecting GW has learned the pricing by now and will make vindictors 10 for 50€ so 2 starters for 10 vindictors costs 80€ so you need to get the 20 gutrippas+characters sold for at least 30€. Doable but not quite as obvious anymore which way to go if you want vindictors.


First off, I don't disagree that the Necron Warriors are individually priced so there's precious little reason to buy them instead of the smallest starter set. That said, I still don't find the situation entirely comparable. Necron Warriors get the exact same sprue in their individual box as the one that's in the starter sets. Assault Intercessors got a multipart kit instead of the same sprue, and they do come ten to a box instead of five like in the small starter set. It's an entirely different situation, and I don't think it's possible to predict what GW is going to do with Vindictors without first acknowledging that Sigmarines are the Marine equivalent rather than the Necron equivalent.

While I have no idea whether we'll get multipart Vindictors with the battletome, I expect they will in fact come ten to a box. Not because of the pricing for a starter set but simply because they are bog standard battleline models and ever since the failed five man boxes of 1st ed GW has sold regular Sigmarine troops in boxes of ten.

About starter set pricing, I don't think GW actually has any lesson to learn. For the duration of its lifespan the starter set needs to have a lowish price to fulfill its function. Similarly the regular box of Necron Warriors can't be priced significantly lower than other troops boxes to account for the disparity in contents because it will be sold long after the starter set that gives us cheap Warriors goes out of print. If they were, GW then doesn't have any choice but to either increase their price later on in a way that makes Dire Avengers feel like an act of charity, or accept that the kit is forever not generating similar profits to similar kits. Neither option is attractive and since GW is evidently happy to keep selling starter sets that offer customers a good deal I don't think it's hard to conclude that they are willing to accept reduced profitability for a few kits for the three years an edition and its starters last. I know it sounds unlike GW, but I don't think insisting that they need to squeeze the last bit of money even out of starter sets and adjacent kits accurately reflects how they operate.

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
Sign me up for the people who were (and still laregly are) bored with storm casts. i was ready to hop on the train until I saw that they were still too big and out of scale. I don't want to play with 40 -45mm figures. I long for the days of even just 32mm, as I know there will never be a day for 25mm again in the world of warhammer.


You realize right that scale/size depends on how big guy they are supposed to be?

Stormcasts are in universum way bigger than regular human so if they were 32mm tall then either regular humans would need to be lot smaller than that or stormcast would be wrong scale...

You don't have 8 foot tall super humans be same sized model as regular human model.
He may be referring to the rumors of the new SCE being bigger than the old. They've since been debunked but that's easy to miss.


Yes, it is easy to miss and therefore worth pointing out occasionally while the new Sigmarines are still fresh. The new models are proportioned differently and generally slimmer with finer detail, but they're not taller than the old models. This isn't like Primaris that were brought up in size so Marines aren't only as tall as the upsized humans we got since plastic Cadians. Sigmarines were tall from the beginning and didn't need any height increase.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Hungry Ork Hunta Lying in Wait





I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.

They've brought so many new fresh players into AoS who love their look, cut their teeth painting SCE and eventually pick up a 2nd faction when they feel confident enough in the hobby to give it a go.

For that element alone of game growth I am always happy to see the next wave of models in AoS. I have bit the bullet though on collecting a small side army of Stormcast to bulk up my Dawi!
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.

They've brought so many new fresh players into AoS who love their look, cut their teeth painting SCE and eventually pick up a 2nd faction when they feel confident enough in the hobby to give it a go.

For that element alone of game growth I am always happy to see the next wave of models in AoS. I have bit the bullet though on collecting a small side army of Stormcast to bulk up my Dawi!


hating on space marines (and thus SCEs) is seen as a "trendy" thing to do among a certain "hipster" set on dakkadakka.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.


That's the reason. Ttheir bloated range gets bloated even further, and other armies that actually desperately need more units and new models languish in abandonment. I don't see how you would not hate the new Stormcast relase as a player of literally any other faction.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

In general that's the issue, AoS has a lot of armies that need updating or adding too (sometimes both). Flesheaters are almost entirely built from a Getting Started set and Flyreslayers aren't much better. Skaven are still running around with first gen plastics and metals.

Stormcast already have a very big and diverse range of models in one army and have most options even now - heck a lot of armies don't even have any artillery model to speak of.

But at the same time they are the poster-child army and they are in th getting started set so it does make sense. I do wonder if Age of Sigmar might well, at some stage, consider moving to the old style of having totally different armies in each edition boxed set - ergo no stormcast.


In the end its just jealousy somewhat; which is no different to Marines. The BIG difference is that stormcast are, currently, one army and AoS has as many armies as 40K only they are spread over many many different races.

If anything AoS suffers from "too many aelves" instead of too many stormcast - at least in terms of army types. Then again part of that is because GW started replacing the old aelf armies with new ones, but also saved a load in Cities of Sigmar.

A Blog in Miniature

The Swarm Arises

Do you ever notice, sometimes, there's an extra post? 
   
Made in gb
Hungry Ork Hunta Lying in Wait





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.


That's the reason. Ttheir bloated range gets bloated even further, and other armies that actually desperately need more units and new models languish in abandonment. I don't see how you would not hate the new Stormcast relase as a player of literally any other faction.


Because its possible to be sad/annoyed at my army isn't getting more models without directing that hatred to the army which IS getting new models. Yes SCE and SM get the lions share of model releases (SCE arguably less so since its one big wave at the start of edition then other armies from then on, vs Marines constant updates) but the level of hatred or bitterness directed at them is a bit over the top for plastic models.

Im not unsympathetic at all, I have several armies that haven't seen a new release in... Well a VERY long time (finecast,fuuuuu-) but I dont use that as resentment to gak over new releases for the flagship. No new SCE doesn't mean GW would of updated the models you wanted either.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Overread wrote:
In general that's the issue, AoS has a lot of armies that need updating or adding too (sometimes both). Flesheaters are almost entirely built from a Getting Started set and Flyreslayers aren't much better. Skaven are still running around with first gen plastics and metals.

Stormcast already have a very big and diverse range of models in one army and have most options even now - heck a lot of armies don't even have any artillery model to speak of.

But at the same time they are the poster-child army and they are in th getting started set so it does make sense. I do wonder if Age of Sigmar might well, at some stage, consider moving to the old style of having totally different armies in each edition boxed set - ergo no stormcast.


In the end its just jealousy somewhat; which is no different to Marines. The BIG difference is that stormcast are, currently, one army and AoS has as many armies as 40K only they are spread over many many different races.

If anything AoS suffers from "too many aelves" instead of too many stormcast - at least in terms of army types. Then again part of that is because GW started replacing the old aelf armies with new ones, but also saved a load in Cities of Sigmar.



If you discount Cities of Sigmar it's worth noting SCEs are the ONLY human army for Order. which might be another reason why SCEs are so front and center. generally marketing research says you wanna have human good guys at your center, and in AOS that means SCEs.

IMHO mind you there's an oppertunity here. introduce a new faction "Knights of Sigmar" basicly a faction focused around knights riding horses etc, a "spiritual sucessor to bretonnia" basicly


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

BrianDavion wrote:
 Overread wrote:
In general that's the issue, AoS has a lot of armies that need updating or adding too (sometimes both). Flesheaters are almost entirely built from a Getting Started set and Flyreslayers aren't much better. Skaven are still running around with first gen plastics and metals.

Stormcast already have a very big and diverse range of models in one army and have most options even now - heck a lot of armies don't even have any artillery model to speak of.

But at the same time they are the poster-child army and they are in th getting started set so it does make sense. I do wonder if Age of Sigmar might well, at some stage, consider moving to the old style of having totally different armies in each edition boxed set - ergo no stormcast.


In the end its just jealousy somewhat; which is no different to Marines. The BIG difference is that stormcast are, currently, one army and AoS has as many armies as 40K only they are spread over many many different races.

If anything AoS suffers from "too many aelves" instead of too many stormcast - at least in terms of army types. Then again part of that is because GW started replacing the old aelf armies with new ones, but also saved a load in Cities of Sigmar.



If you discount Cities of Sigmar it's worth noting SCEs are the ONLY human army for Order. which might be another reason why SCEs are so front and center. generally marketing research says you wanna have human good guys at your center, and in AOS that means SCEs.

IMHO mind you there's an oppertunity here. introduce a new faction "Knights of Sigmar" basicly a faction focused around knights riding horses etc, a "spiritual sucessor to bretonnia" basicly


Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.


That's the reason. Ttheir bloated range gets bloated even further, and other armies that actually desperately need more units and new models languish in abandonment. I don't see how you would not hate the new Stormcast relase as a player of literally any other faction.

The worst part is that the new releases make the previous obsolete, so the bloat is accompanied by pointlessness of it. Liberators in the last 6 months of 2nd ed were made "good" by cutting their price to trashmob level...
   
Made in gb
Hungry Ork Hunta Lying in Wait





Cronch wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.


That's the reason. Ttheir bloated range gets bloated even further, and other armies that actually desperately need more units and new models languish in abandonment. I don't see how you would not hate the new Stormcast relase as a player of literally any other faction.

The worst part is that the new releases make the previous obsolete, so the bloat is accompanied by pointlessness of it. Liberators in the last 6 months of 2nd ed were made "good" by cutting their price to trashmob level...


We'll need to see with the new battle tome. The FAQ changes have me optimistic each section of Stormcast will own their own niche to live in. Its a valid worry but I don't think they'll be totally usurped.

Liberators in end of 2nd were cheap walls who didn't do much offence but held objectives well vs equal points of other units and once you stacked some buffs on could be made obnoxious as sin, and even return the unit to the battlefield (poor bloke looked like he was going to cry when the 20 man unit returned and camped on the other objective across the table)
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.


That's the reason. Ttheir bloated range gets bloated even further, and other armies that actually desperately need more units and new models languish in abandonment. I don't see how you would not hate the new Stormcast relase as a player of literally any other faction.


Because its possible to be sad/annoyed at my army isn't getting more models without directing that hatred to the army which IS getting new models. Yes SCE and SM get the lions share of model releases (SCE arguably less so since its one big wave at the start of edition then other armies from then on, vs Marines constant updates) but the level of hatred or bitterness directed at them is a bit over the top for plastic models.

Im not unsympathetic at all, I have several armies that haven't seen a new release in... Well a VERY long time (finecast,fuuuuu-) but I dont use that as resentment to gak over new releases for the flagship. No new SCE doesn't mean GW would of updated the models you wanted either.


If most armies aren't getting updated, i don't see anything better to get mad at than the reason they're not getting updated - that being, another Stormcast relase.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




vanguards seem to have the same gakky statline (now with -1 rend...) and the new dragon riders of pern seem to undermine the previous dragon boys, so...idk, i am not going to be surprised if the 1st edition stormcast remain...underwhelming.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.


That's the reason. Ttheir bloated range gets bloated even further, and other armies that actually desperately need more units and new models languish in abandonment. I don't see how you would not hate the new Stormcast relase as a player of literally any other faction.


Because its possible to be sad/annoyed at my army isn't getting more models without directing that hatred to the army which IS getting new models. Yes SCE and SM get the lions share of model releases (SCE arguably less so since its one big wave at the start of edition then other armies from then on, vs Marines constant updates) but the level of hatred or bitterness directed at them is a bit over the top for plastic models.

Im not unsympathetic at all, I have several armies that haven't seen a new release in... Well a VERY long time (finecast,fuuuuu-) but I dont use that as resentment to gak over new releases for the flagship. No new SCE doesn't mean GW would of updated the models you wanted either.


If most armies aren't getting updated, i don't see anything better to get mad at than the reason they're not getting updated - that being, another Stormcast relase.


except that GW wouldn't sudden;y turn around and release skaven if they never released another SCE release. in fact we'd more likely see the resources put into a NEW army

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 CMLR wrote:

In any case, dragons could flight if they generated enough methane, or other gas lighterthan air, to help it take flight.


See Flight of Dragons (1986) for a practical example of that.
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:

Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.


*looks at recent releases with good old horses*

yea

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

tneva82 wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:

Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.


*looks at recent releases with good old horses*

yea


So far AoS has no

horses
exposed breasts
slaanesh
rats living underneath the cities
normal not-stormcast humans



All those things have been removed. If you see any please consult your local doctor/schroom dealer

A Blog in Miniature

The Swarm Arises

Do you ever notice, sometimes, there's an extra post? 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





When it comes to Age of Sigmar, the "jealousy" is far less warranted than with 40K.

While there are indeed some factions that need an immediate overhaul, GW has been refreshing their fantasy range with lighting speed and with the correct priority.

For example, last edition saw an impressive overhaul of the Death alliance; Nighthaunts, Bonereapers and Soulblights - all in one edition. And that's not even including Lumineth, Slaanesh and Sons of Behemat.

3rd edition opens with a brand new destruction faction, answering the prayers of those who hoped it was a hobogoblin race.

While Cities of Sigmar is definitely up for new models, it was not forgotten and appreciated when it recieved a new battle tome and some bundles. Also, there is hope as The Old World draws nearer and, square bases aside, I'm sure some of that game's models will find their way into Age of Sigmar.

Also, Age of Sigmar has seen even more new models with both Warcry and Underworlds.

Yes, the Stormcasts are already well catered for but its not been at the expense of the rest of the game. 40K on the other hand is a bloody embarrassment, showing such an expense.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





My personal annoyance with SCE is that they've taken 3 editions to finally make more than 3 good looking models. They've all been sooooo ugly so far with very few exceptions. And I'm one of those people who likes to play the "humans".

It's exacerbated by the polarizing look of their helmets and the fact that cool 28-32mm medieval helmets are actually really, really hard to source for replacement outside of 3d printing. I've literally spend hours trying to find a good source for helmets that aren't just mk3 or mk3 forgeworld space marine helmets and come up empty. Most of the historical stuff is either big barrel helm crusade stuff or only has 1 or two in the whole box that I want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/05 12:45:43


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Overread wrote:
In general that's the issue, AoS has a lot of armies that need updating or adding too (sometimes both). Flesheaters are almost entirely built from a Getting Started set and Flyreslayers aren't much better. Skaven are still running around with first gen plastics and metals.

Stormcast already have a very big and diverse range of models in one army and have most options even now - heck a lot of armies don't even have any artillery model to speak of.

But at the same time they are the poster-child army and they are in th getting started set so it does make sense. I do wonder if Age of Sigmar might well, at some stage, consider moving to the old style of having totally different armies in each edition boxed set - ergo no stormcast.


In the end its just jealousy somewhat; which is no different to Marines. The BIG difference is that stormcast are, currently, one army and AoS has as many armies as 40K only they are spread over many many different races.

If anything AoS suffers from "too many aelves" instead of too many stormcast - at least in terms of army types. Then again part of that is because GW started replacing the old aelf armies with new ones, but also saved a load in Cities of Sigmar.



If you discount Cities of Sigmar it's worth noting SCEs are the ONLY human army for Order. which might be another reason why SCEs are so front and center. generally marketing research says you wanna have human good guys at your center, and in AOS that means SCEs.

IMHO mind you there's an oppertunity here. introduce a new faction "Knights of Sigmar" basicly a faction focused around knights riding horses etc, a "spiritual sucessor to bretonnia" basicly


Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.


A whole unit of Slepnir's? Awesome.
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Overread wrote:
In general that's the issue, AoS has a lot of armies that need updating or adding too (sometimes both). Flesheaters are almost entirely built from a Getting Started set and Flyreslayers aren't much better. Skaven are still running around with first gen plastics and metals.

Stormcast already have a very big and diverse range of models in one army and have most options even now - heck a lot of armies don't even have any artillery model to speak of.

But at the same time they are the poster-child army and they are in th getting started set so it does make sense. I do wonder if Age of Sigmar might well, at some stage, consider moving to the old style of having totally different armies in each edition boxed set - ergo no stormcast.


In the end its just jealousy somewhat; which is no different to Marines. The BIG difference is that stormcast are, currently, one army and AoS has as many armies as 40K only they are spread over many many different races.

If anything AoS suffers from "too many aelves" instead of too many stormcast - at least in terms of army types. Then again part of that is because GW started replacing the old aelf armies with new ones, but also saved a load in Cities of Sigmar.



If you discount Cities of Sigmar it's worth noting SCEs are the ONLY human army for Order. which might be another reason why SCEs are so front and center. generally marketing research says you wanna have human good guys at your center, and in AOS that means SCEs.

IMHO mind you there's an oppertunity here. introduce a new faction "Knights of Sigmar" basicly a faction focused around knights riding horses etc, a "spiritual sucessor to bretonnia" basicly


Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.


A whole unit of Slepnir's? Awesome.

I think they are saving that for the mountain dwarves with 8 legged goats that shoot lightning (or Stormcast Eternals) out of their .

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Overread wrote:
In general that's the issue, AoS has a lot of armies that need updating or adding too (sometimes both). Flesheaters are almost entirely built from a Getting Started set and Flyreslayers aren't much better. Skaven are still running around with first gen plastics and metals.

Stormcast already have a very big and diverse range of models in one army and have most options even now - heck a lot of armies don't even have any artillery model to speak of.

But at the same time they are the poster-child army and they are in th getting started set so it does make sense. I do wonder if Age of Sigmar might well, at some stage, consider moving to the old style of having totally different armies in each edition boxed set - ergo no stormcast.


In the end its just jealousy somewhat; which is no different to Marines. The BIG difference is that stormcast are, currently, one army and AoS has as many armies as 40K only they are spread over many many different races.

If anything AoS suffers from "too many aelves" instead of too many stormcast - at least in terms of army types. Then again part of that is because GW started replacing the old aelf armies with new ones, but also saved a load in Cities of Sigmar.



If you discount Cities of Sigmar it's worth noting SCEs are the ONLY human army for Order. which might be another reason why SCEs are so front and center. generally marketing research says you wanna have human good guys at your center, and in AOS that means SCEs.

IMHO mind you there's an oppertunity here. introduce a new faction "Knights of Sigmar" basicly a faction focused around knights riding horses etc, a "spiritual sucessor to bretonnia" basicly


Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.


A whole unit of Slepnir's? Awesome.


Loki’s gonna be sore.

 
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





tneva82 wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
Sign me up for the people who were (and still laregly are) bored with storm casts. i was ready to hop on the train until I saw that they were still too big and out of scale. I don't want to play with 40 -45mm figures. I long for the days of even just 32mm, as I know there will never be a day for 25mm again in the world of warhammer.


You realize right that scale/size depends on how big guy they are supposed to be?

Stormcasts are in universum way bigger than regular human so if they were 32mm tall then either regular humans would need to be lot smaller than that or stormcast would be wrong scale...

You don't have 8 foot tall super humans be same sized model as regular human model.


The lore justification doesn't matter to me, as I don't like the lore very much - I just want minis that scale well with others in my collection. (and frankly, with the rest of GW's offerings)


Automatically Appended Next Post:
NinthMusketeer wrote:]He may be referring to the rumors of the new SCE being bigger than the old. They've since been debunked but that's easy to miss.


No, no - I really do mean the standard stormcast size it too big for my tastes, both old and new as I do do own a couple from each. (The design of the praetorians was just too wonderful to not try and track some down, and a local trade group was able to provide.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/05 14:47:18


   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






BrianDavion wrote:
 Gir Spirit Bane wrote:
I dont get the SCE model release hate. Flagship model line and they get one major release each edition.

They've brought so many new fresh players into AoS who love their look, cut their teeth painting SCE and eventually pick up a 2nd faction when they feel confident enough in the hobby to give it a go.

For that element alone of game growth I am always happy to see the next wave of models in AoS. I have bit the bullet though on collecting a small side army of Stormcast to bulk up my Dawi!


hating on space marines (and thus SCEs) is seen as a "trendy" thing to do among a certain "hipster" set on dakkadakka.


Nothing to do with not liking nor esthetism, their fluff or wanting more diversity in the game (army wise). It's all about being a hipster

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Know AoS you won't get horses but some weird equine creature with like 8 legs.

Yup, no horses in AoS. None. Nada. Zip.

Spoiler:




Oh wait...
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: