Switch Theme:

AdeptiCon 2017: March 23rd - 26th, 2017 - Hotel Blocks Now Open!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Evil man of Carn Dûm





Chicago, IL

AdeptiCon 2017 Hotel Reservations Go Live August 10th!

AdeptiCon returns to the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center on March 23rd through March 26th, 2017. Room blocks for the convention will go live at noon (CDT) on August 10th. The convention rate codes and additional information will be posted on the AdeptiCon website and on the AdeptiCon Facebook page (like us!). If past years are any indication, and they generally are, these rooms will go very quickly, so we highly recommend reserving your room as early as possible. Because space is limited, please note that a non-refundable deposit of one (1) night’s stay plus tax will be charged at the time of booking and that a minimum two (2) night stay is required.

In order to accommodate our attendees, AdeptiCon not only works with the Renaissance, but has also partnered with some additional hotels near the venue. Our 2017 partners include:

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg Woodfield
Springhill Suites Chicago Schaumburg
Residence Inn Schaumburg

So don’t get left out in the cold, torrential rain, strangely powerful wind gusts, or whatever the weather will be like in Chicago next March! Reserve your room early for what is sure to be another amazing event. See you in March!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/10 17:00:58


   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

There was snow in April at one point... crazy!

Looking forward to attending again next year

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/03 03:48:27


Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
Made in be
Dakka Veteran




Manhattan

Hey how do we reserve the rooms for those dates? When I go to the hotel website it says no rooms available.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

You have to wait until August 10th (noon CDT - probably need to put that in a time converter lol).

Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ordinate






Baltimore, MD

My wife and I are trying to have a baby, and I'm doing the math in my head, hoping to time it so that I can come!

My Painted Armies
: Co. B, 37th Praetorian IG: 11,000pts
Cygnar: 350pts
KOW Ogres: 4500 points
Loyalist Emperor's Children: 2500 points 
   
Made in be
Dakka Veteran




Manhattan

 RiTides wrote:
You have to wait until August 10th (noon CDT - probably need to put that in a time converter lol).


Is there a special link to book a room or just plug in dates on the regular hotel website. ??
   
Made in us
Cog in the Machine





St. Louis, MO

Is there a "newb's" guide to Adepticon somewhere? Some friends and I are thinking about going but finding a concise source of information has proven difficult and the website is not very intuitive.

Specifically, I'm trying to get an idea of the ticket costs and options, events and their costs, and an idea of what's available outside of of tournies and events.

I realize that this info may change from 2016 but just having something to get an idea for planning would be great.

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"

4,000pts
3,500pts
2,500pts
2,000pts  
   
Made in us
Pestilent Plague Marine with Blight Grenade





Chicago

I really wish they would move the event out of Schaumburg and to Rosemont. I think Attendees would like it so much more. Theres waaaaay more to do after the convention in Rosemont.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Not to mention about triple the hotels. and they are all close to eat other.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/05 17:53:13


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pre Heresy Black Templar Librarian






North of Chicago, IL USA

 Polonius wrote:
My wife and I are trying to have a baby, and I'm doing the math in my head, hoping to time it so that I can come!


Play games with me!

Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ambassador for Gork...or is it Mork?




On a surly Warboar, leading the Waaagh!

 Sol Invictus wrote:
Is there a "newb's" guide to Adepticon somewhere? Some friends and I are thinking about going but finding a concise source of information has proven difficult and the website is not very intuitive.

Specifically, I'm trying to get an idea of the ticket costs and options, events and their costs, and an idea of what's available outside of of tournies and events.

I realize that this info may change from 2016 but just having something to get an idea for planning would be great.



http://www.adeptuswindycity.com/index.php

Check this out for some information.
   
Made in us
40kenthus






Chicago, IL

Sol - check out the Past Conventions section on the Adepticon site. It will give you a glimps into what happened last year.
http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=10557
http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=9799

Snoop - Adepticon was in Rosemont in the early years. Absolutly awful. Everything is overpriced and there is really not much more to do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/06 13:18:19


Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
 
   
Made in us
Cog in the Machine





St. Louis, MO

BigWaaagh wrote:
 Sol Invictus wrote:
Is there a "newb's" guide to Adepticon somewhere? Some friends and I are thinking about going but finding a concise source of information has proven difficult and the website is not very intuitive.

Specifically, I'm trying to get an idea of the ticket costs and options, events and their costs, and an idea of what's available outside of of tournies and events.

I realize that this info may change from 2016 but just having something to get an idea for planning would be great.



http://www.adeptuswindycity.com/index.php

Check this out for some information.


RanTheCid wrote:Sol - check out the Past Conventions section on the Adepticon site. It will give you a glimps into what happened last year.
http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=10557
http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=9799


Thanks for the links guys! I'll take a look.

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"

4,000pts
3,500pts
2,500pts
2,000pts  
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ordinate






Baltimore, MD

Adepticon is smaller but more intense then other gaming cons. If you've been to a major con, a lot of the stuff is similar: keep hydrated, bring snacks, etc.

If you do the full for days, my advice is to only have two "all day" events, and one smaller event at most. The vendor hall gets better every year and is worth a few hours of browsing. The team tournament is awesome to check out as well. There are demos of a ton of games throughout the day. Finally, the bits swap is awesome.

Don't try to do too much. I like to have one day where I get off site during the day just to get away from the energy.

Also... be aware that it's a big drinking event, and plan your partying along your schedule. I've had more than one first round opponent who was clearly hing over.

My Painted Armies
: Co. B, 37th Praetorian IG: 11,000pts
Cygnar: 350pts
KOW Ogres: 4500 points
Loyalist Emperor's Children: 2500 points 
   
Made in us
Cog in the Machine





St. Louis, MO

 Polonius wrote:
Adepticon is smaller but more intense then other gaming cons. If you've been to a major con, a lot of the stuff is similar: keep hydrated, bring snacks, etc.

If you do the full for days, my advice is to only have two "all day" events, and one smaller event at most. The vendor hall gets better every year and is worth a few hours of browsing. The team tournament is awesome to check out as well. There are demos of a ton of games throughout the day. Finally, the bits swap is awesome.

Don't try to do too much. I like to have one day where I get off site during the day just to get away from the energy.

Also... be aware that it's a big drinking event, and plan your partying along your schedule. I've had more than one first round opponent who was clearly hing over.


Thanks for the tips, Polonius.

How is the open gaming? I've heard registration is crazy and slots fill up fast so If I'm not able to register for the events I'd like is there enough to do outside of events and seminars to make it worth it?

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"

4,000pts
3,500pts
2,500pts
2,000pts  
   
Made in us
40kenthus






Chicago, IL

Last year there were more than 300 events of all sorts at Adepticon. There should be more than enough to keep you busy.

Polonius is correct when he says, plan for 1 easy day. Non-stop tournaments will wear you out. Save time for a seminar, a demo game and a trip to the vendor hall (which closes doors much earlier than the rest of the convention).

Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut



Parma, OH

 Polonius wrote:
My wife and I are trying to have a baby, and I'm doing the math in my head, hoping to time it so that I can come!


Damn, Hope I can see you out there Polonius! Im super excited for Adepticon 2017. Dropzone/Dropfleet and Warmachine, its really going to be a challenge to be sober at any point over this trip.
   
Made in us
Pestilent Plague Marine with Blight Grenade





Chicago

 RanTheCid wrote:


Snoop - Adepticon was in Rosemont in the early years. Absolutly awful. Everything is overpriced and there is really not much more to do.


Oh really? What year, do you remember? Over the years Rosemont has really grown and added whole lot to do in the town.

 
   
Made in us
Evil man of Carn Dûm





Chicago, IL

Hotel Blocks Now Open

Hotel Blocks for the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel, the SpringHill Suites, the Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg and the Embassy Suites are now open! Full details can be found over on the Hotel Information page on the AdeptiCon website.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2016/08/10 17:34:07


   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pre Heresy Black Templar Librarian






North of Chicago, IL USA

Adepticon is work blocked.

What is the event ID/code?

Edit: Nevermind, I just called them up and made the reservation on the phone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/10 17:12:15


Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

Called mine in as well, but Wednesday is already booked and it's $230 to reserve it outside of the block. Could you please add more Wednesday night rooms to the hotel block?

Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

I called, Thursday is shot, and I'd have to change rooms on Sunday. That puts me out for that location. Are there other places near by that anyone has used?

Edit: Reading OP is hard

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/11 01:03:08


 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

It's kind of odd that Wednesday (and now Thursday apparently!) would sell out faster than the weekend nights, isn't it? I would have thought anyone coming in on Wed or Thurs would be staying Friday and Saturday, too...

Also!! Huzzah, whalemusic is making it out this year . I expect much titan!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2016/08/11 01:21:11


Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

Maybe. Current room booking is over a grand. Not really going great with buying a house.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

It should be $127 + tax per night at the Schaumburg, and I would've thought the AdeptiCon rate at the other hotels would be similar. Are you sure you got the AdeptiCon rate?

Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

There do not appear to be Adepticon rates for the alt hotels, which makes me wonder what the partnership with those places actually entails. I pm'd Matthias to be sure. Between that and travel, it took me from "Definitely this year" to "Eh, maybe".
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

If I were you'd I'd go ahead and reserve the weekend at Schaumburg and then figure out the other two nights, then. Lots of times people have a spare space in their room the first few days, I had to crash with someone on a Wed in 2015 . I've also pinged muwhe to see if that's just a fluke about the alternate hotels or not.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2016/08/11 12:39:45


Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
Made in us
Deadly Tomb Guard





Colorado Springs, CO

When it says there is a non-refundable deposit for single rooms, does that mean single occupancy or just booking one room? I would assume one room, but I just wanted to make sure.

If I've got a trade you're interested in but you don't have anything on my wanted list, just shoot me a PM and ask! I'm easily distracted!  
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran



Peoria, IL


@godswildcard -
It is one room. If you book a four night stay, regardless of room type, and later need to cancel you would be refunded by the hotel for 3 nights.

@whalemusic360 - We have AdeptiCon blocks at the listed hotels, and are working to expand those blocks as well as work with other area hotels to offer AdeptiCon rates. The rates are valid as long as the block has rooms. So it is possible that some nights or the entire block at an alternate hotel is full.

@general info -

We are actively working these blocks to make as many rooms available as possible, however given issues from last year the hotel is obviously more cautious committing additional rooms at this point in time.
Last I checked the main hotel block is over 90% capacity with only Deluxe King rooms available for Friday and Saturday night .

-Hank
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

Is there a link I should be using, or a group code or anything? I didn't even see an option for it. Just brought me to the same page google did.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

Maybe try calling and asking for it? That's what I did for the Schaumburg, and they were able to give it to me over the phone (although for it the AdeptiCon rate showed up at the web link, or just didn't allow me to select nights where they didn't have available rooms with that rate).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/08/11 16:18:58


Check out the ModCube webstore! http://www.modcube.com

 
   
 
Forum Index » Tournament Discussions
Go to: