Switch Theme:

Cheating on camera at worlds?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Monstrous Master Moulder

Rust belt

FFG community is up in arms over a player being caught changing his dial on camera. From what I heard FFG forfeited his next game but was still awarded the win for this game. The player who lost against the cheater failed to qualify for the next day due to being short one win. So the cheater moved on to the next day of the worlds...here is the video..

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyFantasticCrowBrainSlug

Made in us
Ship's Officer

It's an awful situation made worse by the way FFG has more-or-less bungled their response. They've apparently found some way to compensate the victim and now consider the matter closed, although the community is (rightfully) still pretty angry at both FFG and the cheater himself, Parker Guidary (or Guidry - it's been spelled both ways so not sure which one's correct).

Apparently the process went down something like this:

> Parker Guidary cheats on camera in Round 3.
> He's caught, and a warning is issued.
> The community gets upset due to how blatantly dishonest the action was (changing his dial after seeing his opponent's moves).
> FFG fails to act further until Round 4 has started, and therefore cannot retroactively change the result of Round 3 without re-organizing the pairings in Round 4.
> To quell the growing animosity, FFG penalizes Parker with a loss in Round 4, but he still earned enough points to advance to Day 2.
> Parker's Round 3 opponent is notified of the issue in the middle of his Round 4 game, disrupting his play. He fails to qualify for Day 2 by a margin of approximately one win.
> FFG offers the victim some kind of back-room compensation as a result of their screw-up.

Personally, I thought this cheater should have been DQ'd on the spot. As it stands he got little more than a slap on the wrist, and the reputation of Worlds and FFG suffers for it.

Ask Not, Fear Not - (Gallery), ,

 H.B.M.C. wrote:

Yeah! Who needs balanced rules when everyone can take giant stompy robots! Balanced rules are just for TFG WAAC players, and everyone hates them.

- This message brought to you by the Dakka Casual Gaming Mafia: 'Cause winning is for losers!

Made in au
Missionary On A Mission

Australia

Yeah i heard about this yesterday (my time) and the outrage has been large. i agree with Xcaliber and he should have been DQ'd on the spot, as this is probably not the first time at the comp he had done it. i had a chat with some of my mates about it and we reckon he'll be selling his stuff after this and getting out of the game as he'll probably never get a game in again.

: 4500pts

Lothlorien: 3500pts
Rohan: 1500pts
Serpent: 2000pts
Modor: 1500pts

Made in au
Hissing Hybrid Metamorph

'Straya... Mate.

This popped up on Facebook in multiple memes, how stupid can this guy be? He is on camera. Makes you wonder how much he has cheated in the past to get there. What a loser

Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut

uk

I was cheated in an Star trek tourney by the organiser!!!!!!!

Made in au
Missionary On A Mission

Australia

licclerich wrote:
I was cheated in an Star trek tourney by the organiser!!!!!!!

That's low....

: 4500pts

Lothlorien: 3500pts
Rohan: 1500pts
Serpent: 2000pts
Modor: 1500pts

Made in us
Douglas Bader

Am I the only one who was hoping that the guy won worlds just to see the complete debacle it would have been?

There is no such thing as a hobby without politics. "Leave politics at the door" is itself a political statement, an endorsement of the status quo and an attempt to silence dissenting voices.

Made in au
Hissing Hybrid Metamorph

'Straya... Mate.

 Peregrine wrote:
Am I the only one who was hoping that the guy won worlds just to see the complete debacle it would have been?

While I never hope for this to happen, and noting how great my experience has been with the xwing community, It would still be pretty funny

Made in us
Monstrous Master Moulder

Rust belt

 Peregrine wrote:
Am I the only one who was hoping that the guy won worlds just to see the complete debacle it would have been?

Would have been a total PR nightmare for FFG but I would of loved to see the neck beard drama unfold...

Made in gb
Leader of the Sept

 Chute82 wrote:
 Peregrine wrote:
Am I the only one who was hoping that the guy won worlds just to see the complete debacle it would have been?

Would have been a total PR nightmare for FFG but I would of loved to see the neck beard drama unfold...

Drama yes, neck beard not so much. Cheating in any competitive setting incites anger. No need to get derisory just because it's a tabletop game.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0

Forum Index » Atomic Mass Games (Star Wars & Marvel: Crisis Protocol)
Go to: