Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar Wizard micro-rama  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






Put this little number together over the past few weeks. It's my first piece where I really thought about overall composition, colors etc. I have a long way to go in terms of building skill sets, but I think this is a step i the right direction
[Thumb - IMG_0349.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0346.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0347.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0348.JPG]

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2017/06/14 21:22:07


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Looking for the Rest of the II Legion

Beautiful piece! I can imagine this fellow stepping out of a thicket of trees to approach a warband or travelers on a road. I especially like the effects on the orb and trinkets he has.

"My friend, you would not tell with such high zest, to children ardent for some desperate glory the old lie, Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori."
Grey Knights ~ 3500, Fully Painted =][= Space Wolves ~ 4000, Fully Painted =][= Thousand Sons ~ 3500, Fully Painted =][=
Void Farers ~ WIP
 
   
Made in gb
Newbie Black Templar Neophyte




England

More like a running jump in the right direction, this piece looks great! I like that you haven't over done it either, but allowed the viewer to be drawn to the model. But once past the model the scene you've created is characterful with plenty to look at. Good job sir.

"Trust in the Emperor at the hour of battle.
Trust to him to intercede, and protect his warriors true as they deal death on alien soil.
Turn their seas to red with the blood of their slain.
Crush their hopes, their dreams
And turn their songs into cries of lamentation."
- "Uphold the honour of the Emperor", 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

Beautiful work, nice and simple composition that does a great job framing the model without distracting from it.

If I were to make one suggestion, perhaps look at adding some flowers or other plants into the grassy areas, just to add a dash more colour to the base.

Paradigm's New Blog- 02/12: Reign of the Supermenl

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






 Paradigm wrote:
Beautiful work, nice and simple composition that does a great job framing the model without distracting from it.

If I were to make one suggestion, perhaps look at adding some flowers or other plants into the grassy areas, just to add a dash more colour to the base.


You know I did add some
Flowers but the white backdrop drowned them out
[Thumb - 0E2BF6A7-B979-486C-B1F9-541874CB2DE0.jpg]

   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

Ah, yep, seeing them now! Nicely done.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/10 17:32:32


Paradigm's New Blog- 02/12: Reign of the Supermenl

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in sk
Been Around the Block






Great model, congrats! Plenty of things to look at from every side. If I have to pick one thing to change, that will be that fire thing at the end of the staff.
   
Made in om
Longtime Dakkanaut





Muscat, Oman

Great work! I especially love the gems, but I do think that they don't stand out as much as they should due to the abundance of greenery in the background. I just feel like the gems should be a focal point based on the pose, but for that to work they would need to be a different colour from the greenery or robes. So maybe blue or purple?

--Lord of the Sentinels Eternal-- 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






 hunter_sk wrote:
Great model, congrats! Plenty of things to look at from every side. If I have to pick one thing to change, that will be that fire thing at the end of the staff.



Thank you I changed out the background from that dreadful white. I really wanted to do a gem on the end of the staff, in hindsight I possibly should have chose a different end or a different color.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Soul Samurai wrote:
Great work! I especially love the gems, but I do think that they don't stand out as much as they should due to the abundance of greenery in the background. I just feel like the gems should be a focal point based on the pose, but for that to work they would need to be a different colour from the greenery or robes. So maybe blue or purple?


that is a great suggestion. A blue would have perhaps been superior

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/14 21:24:45


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Nottingham, UK

That's lovely. There's only a couple of things that needs fixing in my opinion. The 'back' needs another point of interest. Add a skull, mushroom or something else on the flat brown bit of ground. Perhaps a small rat or something. Just something to fill out the composition.

The main one though is the base 'rim'. It looks unfinished.

I think the optimum solution would be to get a nice bevelled rim made for it. I'd suggest 3d printing it as a ring with a lip for the base of the diorama to drop in. Gloss that black, epoxy in the diorama. Boosh.

You might be able to find a plinth with a recess the right diameter instead though.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






winterdyne wrote:
That's lovely. There's only a couple of things that needs fixing in my opinion. The 'back' needs another point of interest. Add a skull, mushroom or something else on the flat brown bit of ground. Perhaps a small rat or something. Just something to fill out the composition.

The main one though is the base 'rim'. It looks unfinished.

I think the optimum solution would be to get a nice bevelled rim made for it. I'd suggest 3d printing it as a ring with a lip for the base of the diorama to drop in. Gloss that black, epoxy in the diorama. Boosh.

You might be able to find a plinth with a recess the right diameter instead though.


Winterdyne

Thank you kindly for taking the time to critique my work. I appreciate the suggestions and wild edit jey look into a plinth of some sort. Also, fine tuning the back is also a great idea. I would like to also add that I took a look at your gallery and it is fantastic! I feel honored that you took a glance at my humble work and gave me some pointers.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Nottingham, UK

No worries, it's a nice piece and I enjoy looking at it. As far as critiquing art is concerned I guess that's the point of it!

 
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Kommando






Love the base almost although you planted every strand of grass desperately you have captured a piece of the warhammer atmosphere here .

 
   
 
Forum Index » Painting & Modeling Showcase
Go to: