Switch Theme:

Blades of Khorne and warscroll builder?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy





Manitoba

I recently jumped into AOS and went with the Bloodbound gang (as they were part of the starter set). I recently bought the expansion for it and because they were on for 25$ I threw in some bloodletters.

Now I'm just seeing what I have for points on the AOS warscroll builder and I'm not seeing Bloodletters in the list Just for Daemons of Khorne.

So am I right in saying that Bloodbound can't ally Demons but demons can ally Bloodbound? I thought they were all put under the same roof with Blades?

 
   
Made in pt
Fresh-Faced New User




 OrkaMorka wrote:
I recently jumped into AOS and went with the Bloodbound gang (as they were part of the starter set). I recently bought the expansion for it and because they were on for 25$ I threw in some bloodletters.

Now I'm just seeing what I have for points on the AOS warscroll builder and I'm not seeing Bloodletters in the list Just for Daemons of Khorne.

So am I right in saying that Bloodbound can't ally Demons but demons can ally Bloodbound? I thought they were all put under the same roof with Blades?


Blades of Khorne and Disciples of Tzeentch are actually each composed of two factions that share the same allegiance, which means they share the same allies. I assume this is so they can add further factions that share the Khorne allegiance, without being bound to the Khorne Bloodbound and Daemons of Blood.

I think this discrepancy will become notable when the Nurgle allegiance gets released, with three factions under it's wing, Nurgle Rotbringers, Daemons of Nurgle and Skaven Pestilens.

Hosts of Slaanesh is the only chaos god faction that isn't split.
   
Made in ca
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy





Manitoba

It just seems unfortunate I can't run the bloodletters with my Bloodbound because of this little discrepancy. The two forces together mix quite well

 
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Sorcerer of Chaos






You can, just not as Bloodbound. Run them as a Khorne army.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
1750 Blood Ravens 5th Company
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2500 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2000 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court
 
   
Made in us
Bloodthirsty Chaos Knight




Louisville KY

To run them as a khorne army though I think you lose the blood tithe though right?

http://narrativewargaming.com

Home of Grand Crusade and Azyr Empires
 
   
Made in pt
Fresh-Faced New User




 EnTyme wrote:
You can, just not as Bloodbound. Run them as a Khorne army.


Isn't technically impossible to run them as a Khorne Bloodbound army since there isn't any Khorne Mortal allegiance?
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Sorcerer of Chaos






 auticus wrote:
To run them as a khorne army though I think you lose the blood tithe though right?


The Khorne allegiance is how you get the Blood Tithe rules. The only thing Khorne Bloodbound allegiance really gives you is Skullcrushers as battleline.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Ashendant wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
You can, just not as Bloodbound. Run them as a Khorne army.


Isn't technically impossible to run them as a Khorne Bloodbound army since there isn't any Khorne Mortal allegiance?


Well, technically, Allegiance is just the common keyword. You could legally run an army as a Monster allegiance so long as they all shared a Grand Alliance and you could find some Monster battleline somewhere.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/09/08 18:17:34


2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
1750 Blood Ravens 5th Company
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2500 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2000 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court
 
   
Made in nl
Regular Dakkanaut




Netherlands

 EnTyme wrote:
The Khorne allegiance is how you get the Blood Tithe rules. The only thing Khorne Bloodbound allegiance really gives you is Skullcrushers as battleline.


They changed this to Khorne allegiance with a juggerlord general in GH17. Bloodbound is used mainly for the Khorne Bloodbound Command Traits, the Trophies of War artefacts, the Banners of Khorne totem artefacts, and the Goretide and Skullfiend Tribe battalions (only additional units).
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Sorcerer of Chaos






 tydrace wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
The Khorne allegiance is how you get the Blood Tithe rules. The only thing Khorne Bloodbound allegiance really gives you is Skullcrushers as battleline.


They changed this to Khorne allegiance with a juggerlord general in GH17. Bloodbound is used mainly for the Khorne Bloodbound Command Traits, the Trophies of War artefacts, the Banners of Khorne totem artefacts, and the Goretide and Skullfiend Tribe battalions (only additional units).


Ah! Haven't really looked very hard at the Bloodbound table in the new GH. In either case, any Khorne army, be it Mortal, Bloodbound, Daemons, or a combination thereof, would have access to the Blood Tithe.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
1750 Blood Ravens 5th Company
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2500 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2000 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court
 
   
Made in us
Bloodthirsty Chaos Knight




Louisville KY

Cool thats awesome to know

http://narrativewargaming.com

Home of Grand Crusade and Azyr Empires
 
   
Made in ca
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy





Manitoba

So it is possible to run bloodletters with bloodbound?

The warscroll builder doesn't seem to give me this option

 
   
Made in nl
Regular Dakkanaut




Netherlands

It is definitely possible to, say, use two units of 10 Bloodletters to fill up your battleline and then only use Blood Warriors for the rest.

If you're using the warscroll builder on the community site, you can just switch between the different factions. Go to Daemons of Khorne, then add the units for Bloodletters. Then change the faction to Khorne Bloodbound, and add other units.
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Sorcerer of Chaos






Just set the faction to Khorne and it'll list all warscrolls with that keyword.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
1750 Blood Ravens 5th Company
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2500 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2000 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court
 
   
 
Forum Index » AoS General Discussion & Background
Go to: